• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looks Like Noivern is the New Gible

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
He's literally Torterra with wings.

They also share the same quad weak to ice too.

Except I don't recall noibat being super dominant before evolving. Turtwig and even grotle actually did stuff. Noibat/vern has been worthless. This coming from someone that likes those pokemon in general.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Except I don't recall noibat being super dominant before evolving. Turtwig and even grotle actually did stuff. Noibat/vern has been worthless. This coming from someone that likes those pokemon in general.

Sums it up pretty well

Soniman

Break the Limit
Let's use Noivern's loss today as a reason to dump on him even though the rest of the team feel just as quickly

Soniman

Break the Limit
I never thought a thoraway description from a magazine regarding Noivern would get this memetic, Jesus

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
To be fair, said magazine gave everyone else more descriptive profiles...but Noivern's stood out the most for being so strangely simple.

Which is the fault of getting rid of goodra and then having to rush in another pokemon for ash that ended up getting no development at all. So there wasnt much that could be said.

Illusio

No words, only rage
It's like everytime Noivern appears on screen, the writers trash him even more. Calling him a Torterra would actually be a disservice to Torterra at this point.

It's really depressing to me since I was so excited to see Noibat join the team and I liked his relationship with Hawlucha, yet he ended up being one of Ash's worst handled Pokémon in recent memory.

diakyu

I never thought a thoraway description from a magazine regarding Noivern would get this memetic, Jesus
Ironic because the only Pokemon suffering from his size is Goodra and not Noivern.

FulgoreX

Banned
It's like everytime Noivern appears on screen, the writers trash him even more. Calling him a Torterra would actually be a disservice to Torterra at this point.

It's really depressing to me since I was so excited to see Noibat join the team and I liked his relationship with Hawlucha, yet he ended up being one of Ash's worst handled Pokémon in recent memory.

Ash always has a pokemon on every team that loses almost all its battles. Look at Torkoal back in AG, the thing almost never won a battle and was barely used.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Which is the fault of getting rid of goodra and then having to rush in another pokemon for ash that ended up getting no development at all. So there wasnt much that could be said.

How is that even a legit reason? Compared to Glalie?

And it wasn't as if had they kept Goodra that Noivern's development wouldn't be rushed. There was still a freaking spot to fill, even if Goodra stayed. It wasn't as if they ditched Goodra and they suddenly realized "oh snap, we now have a spot to fill!" Nope, they had that vacant spot the entire time.

Though I'd agree that it ended up as a "filler" on Ash's team, like how pretty much Noctowl and Phanpy turned out in Johto, or Gible in Sinnoh.

Ash always has a pokemon on every team that loses almost all its battles. Look at Torkoal back in AG, the thing almost never won a battle and was barely used.

But Torkoal was ready to battle at the fifth gym.. Not hatched after the sixth gym, and not battle ready until moments before the final gym.

What they should've done is move up that Shiny Phantump episode to replace the episode in which Noibat's Egg hatched and let Ash capture that Phantump. Ash would have a pretty much battle-ready Phantump prior to the seventh gym, where it could've been used with an advantage and could've assisted its tag-partner (whether it be Frogadier's Aerial Ace or Talonflame's Flame Charge/Bravebird) with Forest's Curse and his own priority/vanishing moves like Shadow Sneak or Phantom Force.

But nope, lets hatch a Noibat and not have it be battle ready until shortly before the league and lets not give it any memorable winning moments, dafuq, it's most memorable moment is a draw.. -.-

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
To be fair, Noivern wanted to protect Pikachu and since M-Gyarados is so strong that it can handle M-Charizard X and Ash's whole team, it shouldn't hard to figure out that Noivern would fall against it.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
The way I see it is like this: Just because he evolved quickly doesn't mean he isn't a baby anymore. He evolved thanks to his desire to save Hawlucha not because he was actually ready and so it caused the case of a fully evolved Pokémon without any experience. So of course he would be weaker. Personally I'm fine with it because I would rather see a baby who recently hatched and miraculously evolved lose than to become a powerhouse without any experience.

But, it would have been better to give Noivern a little more development besides like, three or four episodes since his capture before evolving him. He should have evolved just prior to the League so then he would have more experience than he does now... Granted, for a baby he does alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.