• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looks Like Noivern is the New Gible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
"again" I'm sorry, but the only argument you had for why Noivern compares to any 1 of the above named Pokemon was when you compared it to Totodile and said "because other people said so" which is an utterly fallacious reason. Kingler, Tauros, Swellow, Corphish, Glalie, Staraptor, Palpitoad, Boldore and Unfezzant are the Pokemon I'd call battle drones that have nothing beyond generic traits in the personality and development department. Some of them (like Snowrunt and Roggenrola) did have personality, but those personalities evaporated when they evolved. To be fair, it doesn't really matter to me where you put Noivern P/D wise, since I agree it was poorly treated (but not generic like some of Ash's other Pokemon). I do take issue with you calling Noivern a tier 5 and you will either need to give a proper justification for why it compares to the other tier 5 Pokemon, or admit that you don't really know what your talking about regarding battle prowess.

I don't know how you rank, but I can safely name about 24 Pokémon that are better than Mr. Big and Reliable. The bat is in the same tier as Noctowl, Tauros, Leavanny, Bayleef, Donphan, Palpitoad, and Torkoal.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I don't know how you rank, but I can safely name about 24 Pokémon that are better than Mr. Big and Reliable. The bat is in the same tier as Noctowl, Tauros, Leavanny, Bayleef, Donphan, Palpitoad, and Torkoal.

Duh, that's what I've been saying. The other rank was personality/development comparison, which is very different from battle prowess. Yup, there are currently exactly 24 Pokemon that Ash owns that are definitively better than Noivern battle prowess wise and 7 that are definitively worse. I believe we agree about everyone except Hawlucha strength tier rankings wise, though we have several differences in opinion when it comes to sub tier rankings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.