• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looks Like Noivern is the New Gible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash's dragons of this region are useless as ****. A punching bag with a face on it would have been more useful.

Not really. They both decent even if they didn't have many wins. It is just that Greninja was the one getting focus which meant less for the dragons. Dragons are never useless in my opinion.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Not really. They both decent even if they didn't have many wins.

0-1-1 is not exactly decent my dude lol.

It is just that Greninja was the one getting focus which meant less for the dragons.

Greninja had nothing to do with anything, round skipping briefly shown fight however killed any sort of screen time Noivern at the very least could have gotten. Goodra needed better scenarios.

Dragons are never useless in my opinion.

Except when they job, like these two lol.

Pteranodonte

Not really. They both decent even if they didn't have many wins. It is just that Greninja was the one getting focus which meant less for the dragons. Dragons are never useless in my opinion.

Goodra: beated a noob trainer's Raichu and Wartotle in a joke battle along with Pikachu and a plot device Luxray that was forget after (and before) that battle. Also, this last win was thanks to the rain magically neutralizes Electric Field. At the league it ties with one of the weakest Pokémon in the anime history. It's battle style is also very boring.
Noivern: its only win onscreen is against a real weak Doublade, then ties to a Salamance that since its debut as a Shelgon only lost. And lastly we have his lost to Weavile. That's a shame, I loveed the idea of Ash with a powerful Noivern, but deep inside after how his development was rushed and how shitty his movepool was I knew he was going to be used as a jobber.

They could have been great Pokémon, but both ended up rushed and weak to the point that I wasn't even sad about their shitty performance at the League. Damn you writers, I hope a Draco Meteor will hit all of you in your sleep.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Never did I think that we'd honestly consider Ash's dragons to BW the weakest members of his team.

Is it just me, or are pseudos handled very dubiously in this season.

Nah, it's not just you.
Tyranitar and Metagross: Jobbed.
Salamence: Had a losing record before fully evolving, tied with a Noivern with a (sadly) weak record.
Garchomp: Did the best, but still couldn't overcome the godly MegaCharizard X.
Hydreigon (cameo): Destroyed in a few seconds.
Goodra: Was considered Ash's second strongest Kalos Pokemon, came back with fanfare... only to tie with Sawyer's weakest Pokemon and jobbed during Alain's match.

If this league did one thing, it showed that Psuedos aren't as strong as the fans make it out to be (and I'll admit to falling into that trap myself).

diakyu

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Noivern has the same win record as Goodra?

No. Noivern only has one win in its entire career. Goodra, on the other hand, had 4 significant wins before being released into the Wetlands. Since returning to Ash, he has 1 tie and 1 loss. Showed a pretty underwhelming performance in the Kalos League if you ask me.

diakyu

No. Noivern only has one win in its entire career. Goodra, on the other hand, had 4 significant wins before being released into the Wetlands. Since returning to Ash, he has 1 tie and 1 loss. Showed a pretty underwhelming performance in the Kalos League if you ask me.
Official battle wise they both have 2. Noivern has an official battle that's shown in full in the movie.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Official battle wise they both have 2. Noivern has an official battle that's shown in full in the movie.

Oh, I see, well I really don't count the battles in the movies so much, but in all honesty though, I can understand on where you are getting it though.

PAndrews

Gible wins fights. Noivern, sadly, is only good for jobbing.

Jobbing? All its done is fight massively overpowered opponents and has always had type disadvantage on top of that. Its only fought Steel, Ice and Dragon types (or Pokemon with access to those moves) and pretty much only fought rivals.

Jobbing involves losing battles he shouldn't, but he has only been allowed to fight the strongest opponents Kalso has to offer.

PAndrews

Noivern has the same win record as Goodra?

They did in the League
1 tie each and 1 loss each (what on earth were the writers smoking when they decided to give half the victories to the already royally overused mouse)

Glad Noivern was saved for the League instead of doing gyms and Goodra came back specially for it. Those overpowered dragons Ash was never allowed to own or evolve in the past were really something :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Noibat was ignored after that race (which it lost btw), which was a crying shame.

I still think he should've won that race and perhaps evolved during it instead of us having to wait until the Zapdos episode. Noibat was my favourite pokemon on Ash's team at first, but him being reduced to minimal development for a few months after the race frustrated me.

DatsRight

At least it was a sacrifice faint rather than him just being jobbed.

I do think Noivern's treatment was a case of reality ensuing (for Pokemon anyway). I wouldn't have liked if he had just plowed through everything like he did with Zapdos and TR's mech in his debut, his evolution wasn't earned through training and heavy battling, it was just there for plot device and because 'the heroic gesture was there'. He would have tainted Ash's record more being super powered than his stance here of trying but realistically failing against the odds because Ash wouldn't have earned that upper hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.