• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looks Like Noivern is the New Gible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Who is Glalie then, because apparently we have 2 Torkoals.

Swellow -> Pikachu
Glalie -> IKUZEfrog
Grovyle -> Talonflame
Corphish -> Hawlucha
Pikachu -> Goodra
Torkoal -> Noivern

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Comparing Noivern to anything at this point is almost insulting to the Pokemon you're comparing him to.

Even Torkoal has his share of notability.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Swellow -> Pikachu
Glalie -> IKUZEfrog
Grovyle -> Talonflame
Corphish -> Hawlucha
Pikachu -> Goodra
Torkoal -> Noivern

While I do agree that the Hoenn and Kalos teams are similar in strength lvl as of now, The Kalos team is far superior to the Hoenn team when comparing the Pokemon as they were during their respective league.

Current
Pikachu = Pikachu
Ash-Greninja > Sceptile
Talonflame < Swellow
Hawlucha > Corphish
Goodra > Torkoal
Noivern << Glalie

At League
Pikachu >> Pikachu
Ash-Greninja >> Grovyle
Talonflame < Swellow
Hawlucha >> Corphish
Goodra >> Torkoal
Noivern << Glalie

Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
While I do agree that the Hoenn and Kalos teams are similar in strength lvl as of now, The Kalos team is far superior to the Hoenn team when comparing the Pokemon as they were during their respective league.

Current
Pikachu = Pikachu
Ash-Greninja > Sceptile
Talonflame < Swellow
Hawlucha > Corphish
Goodra > Torkoal
Noivern << Glalie

At League
Pikachu >> Pikachu
Ash-Greninja >> Grovyle
Talonflame < Swellow
Hawlucha >> Corphish
Goodra > Torkoal
Noivern << Glalie

Oh yeah there is no denying the Kalos Team is better than the Hoenn Team during the league (not by much though). I'm just stating the contrast of what happened during the Kalos and Hoenn league.

FulgoreX

Banned
But Torkoal was ready to battle at the fifth gym.. Not hatched after the sixth gym, and not battle ready until moments before the final gym.

The 5th Gym was the only Gym Torkoal was even used for. Torkoal wasn't used against Winona, Tate/Liza, or Juan. And Torkoal's only win was against a Slakoth.

In the Hoenn league it tied with a Tropius and beat Tyson's Shiftry...and I'm pretty sure it lost all its other battles. Then in BF it comes back to try and beat Regice and does well but still loses. And then Tobias Darkrai one hit KO's it.

marrycherrylips

noivern will probably go down as one of the worst treated pokemon ash has ever had. it didnt have any significant wins (in fact did it have any at all?).

every other pokemon on his past teams has done something or gotten a win somewhere. in fact im not even sure why they wasted the time giving it to him

Soniman

Break the Limit
it didnt even come into the cast particuarly late or anything like Gible, and despite that he didnt get any "signifigant wins" other then a throwaway match with Sawyer's doublade. And even GIBLE got his star win against Conway's Dusknoir and a solid hit on Darkrai, Noivern got basically nothing.

In terms of handling and writing hes definitley the stinker of the XY team, overall he's still down there but there's still Todidile and probably one or two others that beat him out

FulgoreX

Banned
noivern will probably go down as one of the worst treated pokemon ash has ever had. it didnt have any significant wins (in fact did it have any at all?).

every other pokemon on his past teams has done something or gotten a win somewhere. in fact im not even sure why they wasted the time giving it to him

I didn't watch all of BW, but do all of his Unova pokemon have wins? I honestly have no clue.

FulgoreX

Banned
So then it might be true. Thinking back to the older seasons, Totodile didn't win any Gyms but it did win some Whirl Cup and Johto league matches, and had some wins in various fillers against random trainers.

All of Ash's Hoenn and DP Pokemon have wins. So I can't think of anyone else...

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I didn't watch all of BW, but do all of his Unova pokemon have wins? I honestly have no clue.

I believe so. A lot of the weaker Pokemons Ash had in Unova did have at least one spotlight in a gym battle (Unfezant vs Swanna, Boldore vs Excadrill, Scraggy vs Vannilite (I think))

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I still think Serena should have gotten Noivern instead of Ash.

The writers were too occupied with making her a girly character with cute Pokemon she was not getting something as badass looking as Noivern

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Ash should have caught that Trevanant he saw early on instead of Noivern. I don't know about Sylveon though, that seems a little out of character.

Navin

MALDREAD

Current
Pikachu = Pikachu
Ash-Greninja > Sceptile
Talonflame < Swellow
Hawlucha > Corphish
Goodra > Torkoal
Noivern << Glalie

Lucha and Corphish are on the same-tier. As is IKUZEfrog and Sceptile IMHO .

At League
Pikachu >> Pikachu
Ash-Greninja >> Grovyle
Talonflame < Swellow
Hawlucha >> Corphish
Goodra > Torkoal
Noivern << Glalie

Eh, I don't agree with some of the magnitudes.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Lucha and Corphish are on the same-tier. As is IKUZEfrog and Sceptile IMHO .

Eh, I don't agree with some of the magnitudes.

I think your familiar with my stance on Hawlucha (I put it at the same lvl as Gliscor) and I think we're always going to disagree about him, so I'll leave it at that. If Ash's Sceptile ever gets ME, it would be stronger than AG, until then AG is superior and I've already written a long post on another forum explaining why AG is Ash's strongest as of now (though Sceptile would put up a really good fight). ">" means the loosing Pokemon would put up a good fight. ">>" means the loosing Pokemon would get beaten pretty easily. HL Pikachu has none of his legend slaying feats and a Pikachu with 3 regions + BF of more experience is clearly significantly stronger. Grovyle is on the upper end of tier 3 at best, so AG would 1 shot it. I doubt even base Greninja would have that much trouble with it. This is subjective, but how do you rate Tyson's Hariyama to Hawlucha regardless about where you feel Hawlucha ranks with Ash's Pokemon. Remember Corphish's most notable feats (FB wins have not occurred yet). If Hariyama can reck Corphish, then so can Hawlucha. I doubt you have any issues with the other comparisons. The Hoenn team simply wasn't fully developed by the league.

diakyu

You DO realize that Goodra, Hawlucha, and Talonflame all went through the same thing as Noivern, right?
With some of them doing notably worse than Noivern.

Status
Not open for further replies.