• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looks like Satoshi is getting *spoilers* after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryheart

Speaking of Larvitar, it would be cool if Dawn or Brock caught one.

Hmm it would indeed - and you knwo what there is plenty of space for Brock to get it - maybe the translation means coming int the circle of friendship or group! So it could mean the Gible they have now or the Gible could be exacly like how Larviatr was treated with a few rehash of Jhoto ideas!​

~AussieWonder~

Ok, Im absolutely praying to god Ash gets a Gible, I think Ash getting a dragon type would be absolutely wonderful, however I'm not sure how reliable this source is, so I'll remain sceptical, still, one can hope......

dman_dustin

I'm staying reserved on this one. The evidence points that Ash is getting one, but it could be an unintentional cruel joke.

If it is going to happen, I really like the idea of Cynthia giving Ash an egg and it hatches. Do I want it to be shiny or not? Gible/Gabite and Especially Garchomp don't have much of a difference between shiny and non shiny, it's not as drastic like Croagunk/Toxicroak. And since Ursula's Gabite is already a dark blue color, I don't know if there would be a distinction. They could go for an anime only coloring but who knows. Gible is the only one you can tell is shiny or not.

I don't know if I like Ash getting Kazunari's Gible though. As much as I dislike Kazunari catching it, looking back it does fit more with Kazunari than Ash. Of course that's because Gible and Totodile seem like a good pair.

I do think if this information is true than this episode set up Ash's capture up well. Miss out a chance to capture Gible because someone caught it, and then capture one later. This I believe would be the first time it's happened with Ash. Flannery owned the Torkoal so he couldn't capture it. And other times I don't think he tried to capture it when he saw it first but in a future episode caught it.

Edit: Besides it's not like it would matter anyway since Kazunari is leaving, it's much likelier we won't see him again. Maybe one or two more times, but not enough for there to be any problems with Ash owning one as well.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm staying reserved on this one. The evidence points that Ash is getting one, but it could be an unintentional cruel joke.

doesn't seem like a joke to me, why would a toy company do something like that anyway?

If it is going to happen, I really like the idea of Cynthia giving Ash an egg and it hatches.

While that would tie into the platinum game plot where she gives the character an egg, i dunno if i really like that idea.

I do think if this information is true than this episode set up Ash's capture up well.

Not necessarly.

Miss out a chance to capture Gible because someone caught it, and then capture one later. This I believe would be the first time it's happened with Ash. Flannery owned the Torkoal so he couldn't capture it.

The difference is Flannery was a GL, and Ash had no intention of catching Torkoal until Max brought it up.

I can't recall anytime in the anime where Ash and co saw someone catch something and then caught the same thing it later on, maybe already owned and then caught it like Casey and Chikorita, but never trainer A catches something that Ash and co want, then Ash or someone else gets it later.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

My thoughts exactly. The evidence points to Ash getting it, but logic and reason would completely deny it, considering that if they wanted Ash to catch it, he would have just got it in the episode that Kazunari caught it in. Then again, logic and reason have never really mattered in the anime before, so who knows. :p

~AussieWonder~

If it is going to happen, I really like the idea of Cynthia giving Ash an egg and it hatches. Do I want it to be shiny or not? Gible/Gabite and Especially Garchomp don't have much of a difference between shiny and non shiny, it's not as drastic like Croagunk/Toxicroak.

I love this idea! To say Ash got a pokemon from an E4 Champion would be pretty sweet. Lol is it just me or does a shiny Gible make it look like a water type? Heck, im not complaining, I just found it funny how TR thought it was a water type (ie Land Shark)

Thriller

Its almost time
CyberCubed, would you stop being the devils advocate?

This isn't some 2nd rate merchandise company such as Topps, this is BANDAI, "THE" top merchandise company among Asia and America. The info about "Satoshi getting it by the end of the year" isn't speculation based on a title of an episode that aired before this information was published. Such companies need information beforehand to make, build, and market toys. And in some cases, they are allowed to blurt out hints.

If this was a mistake on their part, they would have fixed it by now like a professional company would. Remember during the SSBB craze when a video on the Dojo revealed Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario before Sakurai planned? That error was quickly fixed.

It's been 5 hours or so since this topic started.

dman_dustin

doesn't seem like a joke to me, why would a toy company do something like that anyway?
I did say unintentional.

Not necessarly.
I think I messed up, I meant that DP 145 was a good set up for Ash "capturing" Gible later on. He fails to capture one then, we know he wanted a Gible (even if he didn't know what it was) so then later he actually obtains one. It's like Dawn and Buneary.

The difference is Flannery was a GL, and Ash had no intention of catching Torkoal until Max brought it up.
That still doesn't counter my argument that this would be the first for Ash.

I can't recall anytime in the anime where Ash and co saw someone catch something and then caught the same thing it later on, maybe already owned and then caught it like Casey and Chikorita, but never trainer A catches something that Ash and co want, then Ash or someone else gets it later.

Nonetheless Ash failed to capture Gible, just like Dawn failed to capture that one Buneary but then later captured a new one. The point is Ash and Co failing to capture a Pokemon then capture a same specices later on, I'm pretty sure this is the first for Ash. It doesn't matter if Reason X is because of Trainer X in this case, he still failed to capture it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I did say unintentional.

Still if it's unintentional it can't not be cruel because the people probably didn't know better if it turns out to be wrong.

I think I messed up, I meant that DP 145 was a good set up for Ash "capturing" Gible later on. He fails to capture one then, we know he wanted a Gible (even if he didn't know what it was) so then later he actually obtains one. It's like Dawn and Buneary.

Still though, Gible had an episode of focus (albeit not much focus from what i recall.), as much as i hate to admit it's hard to see another gible oritented episode for Ash to catch it in unless of course it's by cynthia giving him an egg for helping against TG later on, if they were going to give him one he should've either gotten the one at hand or both he and Kazunari should've both caughten Gibles, sure it sets Ash up to get one, but at the same time, the capture won't feel as appealing because we already had an episode devoted to gible.

The point is Ash and Co failing to capture a Pokemon then capture a same specices later on, I'm pretty sure this is the first for Ash. It doesn't matter if Reason X is because of Trainer X in this case, he still failed to capture it.

It may be new, but it won't be appealing if it does happen, sure i'll be happy if he gets it, but it just won't feel as exciting.

BCVM22

Yeah, it would be peculiar, if it were a fan blog or fan site making this news!

Yes, you pointed it out earlier. I get that it's an official source. At the same time, there is nothing that says official sources, particularly the PR materials from official sources, are 100% infalliable all the time every time, and in response to your response ("they would have taken it down if it were secret/wrong"), if they don't yet realize/know their mistake, they wouldn't have taken it down yet.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out peculiarities (which there clearly are) when the point is a valid one (which it is).

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
as much as i wish this was a mistake, i'm pretty sure it's not, kuz like thriller said, they would've corrected it a while ago... but yeah i guess the reason i don't want it to be true is because i'm happy with ash's team and the only pokemon i would see getting replaced from his time is gliscor, who is also my favorite pokemon in general... but other than that i do like gible and the idea of ash having a dragon type, i just hope he doesn't oak/trade/release(etc.) gliscor.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
BCVM22 said:
There's nothing wrong with pointing out peculiarities (which there clearly are) when the point is a valid one (which it is).

what are you trying to point out though is the question?

but other than that i do like gible and the idea of ash having a dragon type, i just hope he doesn't oak/trade/release(etc.) gliscor.

Gliscor's the prime target if anyone gets oaked, the writers aren't likely going to do anything to the other five (though i really wish Grotle would go away personally) Gliscor on the otherhand is fully evolved and pretty much done in the development department which is why it'd probably be the first one to head back to the lab if an oaking happens.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

what are you trying to point out though is the question?

I have to wonder though if it was a mistake, why post the article (assuming the article posting date is true) days after the fact that Kazunari caught Gible and not Ash. Also as Sushi and others pointed out, "end of the year" is December not October.

I can't think of how they could get their information wrong, unless Ash captures another Pokemon and not Gible or even an evolution.

Gliscor's the prime target if anyone gets oaked, the writers aren't likely going to do anything to the other five (though i really wish Grotle would go away personally) Gliscor on the otherhand is fully evolved and pretty much done in the development department which is why it'd probably be the first one to head back to the lab if an oaking happens.

Why couldn't Gible be Oaked? Seriously those who keep bringing up that it'll be Gliscor, answer the question, why not Gible?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I have to wonder though if it was a mistake, why post the article (assuming the article posting date is true) days after the fact that Kazunari caught Gible and not Ash.

I dunno maybe they did it to get people's spirits high after what happened, but it could easily be misinformation.

Also as Sushi and others pointed out, "end of the year" is December not October.

Well important things usually do happen around the end of each year in the anime.

I can't think of how they could get their information wrong, unless Ash captures another Pokemon and not Gible or even an evolution.

wrong or right only time will tell.

Why couldn't Gible be Oaked? Seriously those who keep bringing up that it'll be Gliscor, answer the question, why not Gible?

Because the writers would no doubt want to focus on it for a while if he got it, they usually do that when they get new pokemon in the team.

We all know the writers probably aren't going to break the Pikachu WGF Flying bird combo apart so if anyone would be sent to oak Gliscor's the best choice.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
what if Ash captures a wild Gible that he doesn't use until the league and have it serve in the league like a certain crob pokemon did.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know if it's possible to do this, then someone who lives in japan or understands japanese should do the following:

try contacting the owner of this toysite and ask whoever he/she is directly about it, maybe that will clarify things.

STICKTOPIA

Ash getting Gible wouldn't be a screw up because Ash's current team is starting to get boring and Gible will freshen the team up.
But it'll be at professor oak's lab until he gets back.

The Sarge

look into my eyes...
Because the writers would no doubt want to focus on it for a while if he got it, they usually do that when they get new pokemon in the team.

We all know the writers probably aren't going to break the Pikachu WGF Flying bird combo apart so if anyone would be sent to oak Gliscor's the best choice.

Um...Krabby didn't get any focus at all, just went straight to Oak and got used in the league. So whose to say it won't happen again with Gible. Ash could have him train with his Pokemon with Oak so he can have him as a surprise against Paul when they battle in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.