• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Looks like Sonic Unleashed's money isn't going to waste.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
This game... actually looks promising. I may have hope yet for the Sonic franchise. No offense to anyone who disagrees, but sidescrolling platformers are what Sonic does best.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YJTvuQ2To&feature=related
The video also comes with some info:
Staff said in Gamespot Demo
NOT on rails.
Sonic sleeps when standing around for too long.
Sonic literally gets faster and faster the longer you run with him.
There was barely a slowdown except for three times and none lasted for more than 2 seconds. They can fix that.
Camera was great, didn't falter once.
The china level looks fun, though the guy died from endless pits twice there but only there.
Weresonic looks fun to play
Love some of Weresonic's moves like bouncing and kartwheels
New enemies confirmed like phantom snakes.
The health system for Weresonic works that when he's getting hurt his shields will go down and when it reaches zero he starts loosing health. However, his shield regenerates over time.
Officially titled "Sonic the Werehog"
He said that they were trying to make Super Sonic playable in levels.
Checkpoints now have electric fences to hit
There was only one glitch I spotted and it wasn't a bad one either.
Shadow confirmed to be in the game.
Although Shadow and the others seem to be only in 2 player modes.
Not bad so far. Minus the werehog it seems like a more traditional sonic game from the daytime gameplay.

Last edited:

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
When i found out that this game was gonna have 2D levels, i started to lose interest (2D ones are good, but i prefer the 3D ones), but looking at the video it actually looks pretty good.

And for God's sake WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM WITH SHADOW?

I hope Silver appears in the game, cause he's my favorite Sonic character.

Gentleman Skeleton

...He knows what he did. But in all seriousness, all the console games he's been in sans Sonic Adventure 2 have been crap. And Shadow the Hedgehog and the 360 and PS3 Sonic absolutely sucked beyond redemption.

I'm pretty sure the alternating changes between 2D and 3D are what will ruin this game, among other faults. It does seem like a good idea at first glance, but knowing Sega, they're bound to screw it up.

When i found out that this game was gonna have 2D levels, i started to lose interest (2D ones are good, but i prefer the 3D ones), but looking at the video it actually looks pretty good.

Are you serious? The 3D games are what ruined Sonic. Have noticed the games have been worse and worse since the release of Adventure? Only way in hell I would even consider buying this game was if it was all in 2D.

Because they pretty much screwed up what potentially would've been a great enemy for Sonic. I liked Shadow in Adventure 2, but since then, he pretty much mimicks the quality of recent Sonic games. This should've just killed him off in Adventure 2 (although, I will admit I liked him in Sonic Battle).

I hope Silver appears in the game, cause he's my favorite Sonic character.

Silver? Another example of an awful character.

...He knows what he did. But in all seriousness, all the console games he's been in sans Sonic Adventure 2 have been crap. And Shadow the Hedgehog and the 360 and PS3 Sonic absolutely sucked beyond redemption.

It saddens me what the Shadow the Hedgehog game had the potential to be, as well as all the other 3D games. But it seems like Sonic's reached his time.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
And Shadow the Hedgehog and the 360 and PS3 Sonic absolutely sucked beyond redemption.

I know that Shadow would be cooler to have as an enemy, but i like him the way he is. And i like the 360 Sonic, i don't care WHAT you all say, it's still one of my favorite games for the 360.

So you think Shadow AND Silver are awful? It's good to have lots of different characters, just look at the Mario series. So, exactly which Sonic characters are GOOD?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
So, exactly which Sonic characters are GOOD?
The ones that aren't 'dark and brooding' stereotypes with a god-awful backstory, placed into a game series they would have never slotted into in the first place if things hadn't been altered to fit their needs, created to appeal to drippy pre-teens who fool themselves into thinking such things are cool or mature....probably.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The ones that are not Shadow and Silver, maybe?

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Oh, no, no, of course not. The majority of the characters are either unnecessary, forgettable or stuck in limbo between the two. But generally, if you're not Shadow or Silver, your chances of being decent are drastically increased.

Gentleman Skeleton

So everyone else is a good character, except those two?

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman. Those are the only four characters you need to make a great Sonic game.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
It's nice to have other characters though. If it was just those 4 all the time it would be boring.

Cyan

Mortal

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

FlaminUki

Evil Evil Monkey!!!!
The trailers look awsome. But I hope the gameplay is good.
I mean in the past Sonic games, wasn't it easy to die or get killed?

Hidethegames

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YJTvuQ2To&feature=related
The video also comes with some info:

Although Shadow and the others seem to be only in 2 player modes.
Not bad so far. Minus the werehog it seems like a more traditional sonic game from the daytime gameplay.

Actually, Shadow was confirmed to be in the story, we don't know about the minigames if he is playable. The only one confirmed for that is Tails IIRC.