• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Losing Its Lustrous (564)

Meowth-Fan

RocketShipper!!!
I love Team Galactic episodes!
Cyrus is cool and I like his voice.
I liked the part at the end when Team Galactic had them surrounded. And then Croagunk fell through the window and was attacked by Toxicroak. :p
Can't wait for next weeks episode!
7.5/10

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Mars got Ortiz treatment? I take it she sounded just like Jasmine, Flannery, Kelly, Daisy, and every other teen or preteen filler girl in the first three sagas?
Oh yeah. Real, raw, sexy talent. Meeeooooowwwwrrrrrr....

~FireLeaf~

♫ Miss Murder ♫
Waaaah! Cyrus scared meeee!! D':

It was kinda cool when he freaked out and got all mad and stuff...I wonder what Dawn and Ash were supposed to "feel?" A mystic power? Supposed to start glowing....??? They were expecting to be some sort of "chosen ones." They weren't, I guess.

But the best part was seeing Croagunk and Toxicroak flying down from the roof O_O That was sick watching Toxicroak stab it directly in the stomach, I thought it was gonna die, the poor thing. I knew it wouldn't, but it was kinda shocking.

Great episode. *thumbs up*

Netbug009

The more episodes involving Croagunk I see, the more awesome he becomes. I love the bond he has with Brock. Even in a lovestruck trance Brock expects to have his dreams crushed by his Pokemon. Made me realize how used to it I am too.

Poor guy got owned by Toxicroak. D: That was quite harsh for Pokemon. I was semi-wincing there. Geez. not to complain, though. I love how serious and deep some of the episode content has been lately. It was awesome. I hope he kicks the jerk's butt someday.

Speaking of which... you know, call me crazy, but I'm starting to wonder if Croagunk is with us for the long haul. I mean, beyond D/P? The bond he has with Brock is quite strong, and it's no unheard of for Pokemon besides Pikachu to show up in the next region. (E.G. Aipom) If not, that'll probably be emotional.

Yeah, pardon the random speculation. I'm a sucker for the friendships between humans and their Pokmon. Pretty much 70% of why I watch the show. xD

Anyways, awaiting the next episode happily.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Every time a character is voiced by Lisa Ortiz, I'm instantly presented with a mental image of them being absorbed into a blob-like mass against their will, the prodruding faces of past victims dotted around it's formless build, to become part of a collective hive mind. That's my round-about way of saying 'God damn, that girl has zero range'.

It's the freedom to make a comment like this which makes me proud to be a long-standing member of this fine forum. Ich bin ein Serebii......er.

?

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
That is was, the famous first episode of the two-part Cynthia/ Team Galactic story.
I awaited this episode with huge anticipation and it truely lived up to all my expectations. Now, I'm so overwhelmed that I'm lacking the right words to describe my fellings appropriately.

First of all, I liked the little training scene at the beginning which apparently nobody noticed. Ash really appeared as a professional trainer there. Awesome!

And now to the absolute highlight, the person I've been looking forward to seeing again for weeks. (You may call me crazy, but in this case it won't bother me)
I admire her, her name makes cold shiver run down my spine, she's my gorgeous, powerful QUEEN:
:crush:CYNTHIA:crush:
She makes me go crazy, she's just unbelievable.
Just listen to her soft and calm voice which nevertheless always radiates dignity and superiority (NO, she's not monotone @Water Pokemon Master)
Her long golden hair is like angels' hair, her style and her clothes are dignified (just appropriate for a queen), her character is enchanting and unique
Her Pokemon belong to the super elite class and her power is breath-taking, far beyond all standards.
oh, my Queen Cynthia the Great, my lovely, mighty angel!
Best character ever after Ash!

ok, ok, I'm back from my little excursion to the "land of perfect beings" :) Let's go on:

Of course, we had Cyrus as well: Undoubtely one of the most mysterious and at the same time craziest characters in Pokemon. I guess, his insane laughter gave us a hint how highly complex his personality is. I'm looking forward to hearing more about him.

Then there were the two Galactic commanders Saturn and Mars. Well, I really like Saturn's arrogant, snobbish voice, but the style...oh well, there's no accounting for tastes, is it?
Concerning Mars I don't know yet what to make of her. Let's wait and see who or "what" she will turn out to be.

*returning to Cynthia-admiring-mode*
Such a great and brilliant episode. Without doubt, the best Sinnoh episode so far. Don't get me wrong, Ash is still my hero, come what may, but Cynthia is the epitome of an almost perfet woman and Pokemon Champion! Awwwwwww, I feel like I'm melting away...melting like ice in the sun in light of the fact that my two favorite characters appeared together in one episode.

And now,ladies and gentlemen, it's time for a premier:
I've already told you that I'm only gonna award 10/10 points to very special episodes. Now the time has come:

10 out of 10 points for this excellent masterpiece.

katfairy

Man.

Now this is what Pokemon can be when it kicks into gear. No, I wouldn't want this every week, and I do enjoy the light and fluffy episodes, but when they pull stuff like this, I am reminded all over again why I watch even though I supposedly "too old" for this sort of thing. (To which I respond, it's better written than Desperate Housewives.)

Good to see Cynthia again. I like seeing a beautiful, intelligent woman who can also seriously prod buttock.

Cyrus- wow. If I hadn't known him from the game, I might not have caught on to him until much later in the episode. I expected him to show up as a villain from the start; instead, the only hint he's given was the little explosion at Ash and Dawn, and he covered for that pretty well. Okay, there were a few other little things, but most of them were the type of thing that wouldn't even be noticed unless you were looking for them. When he's outed, it's going to be a major shock for the guys.

Team Rocket- why, no, they can't catch a break. Why do you ask? I have a mental image of their cover being blown by Meowth talking in battle: "Team Rocket!" "Not now, twerp, I'm fighting bad guys- wait, what?"

Croagunk- Ouch. Interesting how he could sense Toxicroak coming for as long as he did. And I also winced when I saw him getting owned.

Brock- Some nice moments for him this episode, and I half expected to see him jump down through the hole to get to Croagunk. I think that next episode we might see some Brock battle action.

Ash and Dawn- nice to see them pass up the chance for a mystic connection for a change (to the Lustrous Orb, that is). I liked that everyone believed that they saw Azelf and Mesprit, and asked intelligent questions. It made me wonder if Cyrus is going to try to make use of them because they've seen two out of three of the Guardians. Although, to really be fair, they should have Brock see Uxie, to round out the trio.

All in all, a great episode. Next week I may actually get up in time to watch it- if that channel is available in the lounge. Hope so, because watching it on site-that-must-not-be-named kinda sucks.

Cobalt_Latios

Before I begin... my god, it's been forever since I've posted my comments on an episode. I blame other interests at the time and no real involvement as the prime suspects. Oh well.

Mars got Ortiz treatment? I take it she sounded just like Jasmine, Flannery, Kelly, Daisy, and every other teen or preteen filler girl in the first three sagas?
Oh yeah. Real, raw, sexy talent. Meeeooooowwwwrrrrrr....
Wait... that's Lisa Ortis? Where did PUSA get the idea that Mars would fit that kind of build? She's not even of that idea. Oh well, I do appreciate their use of Sean Schemmel as Cyrus though.

Then again, Jupiter not a better use either. I mean, they have how many female VA's to work with at this point? They could have easily used Emily Williams (I think it's Zoey, or else it's Lizabeth from movie 9) for the role and it would have worked fine. Heck, a deep tone from Emily Jenness would have worked.

Hell, even a slightly deeper Lisa would have been better.

Every time a character is voiced by Lisa Ortiz, I'm instantly presented with a mental image of them being absorbed into a blob-like mass against their will, the prodruding faces of past victims dotted around it's formless build, to become part of a collective hive mind. That's my round-about way of saying 'God damn, that girl has zero range'.

It's the freedom to make a comment like this which makes me proud to be a long-standing member of this fine forum. Ich bin ein Serebii......er.

?
You know, I have to agree with you on this one. Normally, I seem to think you'll berate on just about everything about the episodes (unless it's some wacky thing that peaks your interest), but I think I see where your coming from. Mars sounded a bit too high pitch. If you have a double take at hearing a character voice, I presume it's not really a good sign.

loved the episode.. but Mars's voice.. I was expecting something a tad deeper.
Same here.

Mars's voice is fine to me. Cyrus's voice fitted him too.
Yes, Cyrus was done well.

Okay, after patiently waiting, and not getting anywhere... I finally resorted to YouTube. Normally, I don't do this (quality isn't great), but under the circumstances, I obliged myself.

All I have to say is this: Team Galactic owns every other Team in the Pokemon World up till now. Having their own leader as part of the main group and keep it under wraps and have no one know (sadly, it helps that Ash and Dawn aren't exactly observant to begin with. Though, I could imagine this episode/the whole show would be written entirely different if they were) is pretty damn impressive.

Now, I don't really know if it was mentioned or not, but was I the only one who was willing to facepalm after the realization that both Ash, Dawn and Brock revealed the locations of the three legendary sprites? I mean, I'm not sure if TG already knew about it in the games, but now, Cyrus knows exactly where each of them are. Oy, its times like these that really make me want to reconsider the thinking process of the writers at times. Granted, this does allow TG to go after the trio; which happens in the games anyways (really, it's inevitable, and had to happen somehow). But having the protagonists reveal things to the villains is something that I think will come back to haunt them once Cyrus does eventually reveal who he in fact is. Just saying.

Otherwise, the pace was well set. The best part was when Brock does his typical flirt routine, then abruptly stops on his own due to the timing of things once he realizes that Croagunk isn't going to jab him. I mean, give it some time, and there's a slim chance Brock could potentially break the habit ('course, we'd be out of a running gag then wouldn't we?).

Well, seeing as this is merely part 1, guess I'll have to wait until next week to know the rest.

I really hope they get Jupiter's voice decent.

8/10 is my score for this one.

*C_L*

katfairy

All I have to say is this: Team Galactic owns every other Team in the Pokemon World up till now. Having their own leader as part of the main group and keep it under wraps and have no one know (sadly, it helps that Ash and Dawn aren't exactly observant to begin with. Though, I could imagine this episode/the whole show would be written entirely different if they were) is pretty damn impressive.

Now, I don't really know if it was mentioned or not, but was I the only one who was willing to facepalm after the realization that both Ash, Dawn and Brock revealed the locations of the three legendary sprites? I mean, I'm not sure if TG already knew about it in the games, but now, Cyrus knows exactly where each of them are. Oy, its times like these that really make me want to reconsider the thinking process of the writers at times. Granted, this does allow TG to go after the trio; which happens in the games anyways (really, it's inevitable, and had to happen somehow). But having the protagonists reveal things to the villains is something that I think will come back to haunt them once Cyrus does eventually reveal who he in fact is. Just saying.

Otherwise, the pace was well set. The best part was when Brock does his typical flirt routine, then abruptly stops on his own due to the timing of things once he realizes that Croagunk isn't going to jab him. I mean, give it some time, and there's a slim chance Brock could potentially break the habit ('course, we'd be out of a running gag then wouldn't we?).

Answering your points in order:

1) No, the twerps are not observant- not even Brock when it comes to villains in disguise. However, I think we have to give them a pass on this one, because both Cynthia and her grandmother have been taken in too. Right now, they consider Cyrus a friend and benefactor. This can't end well.

2) Have to give them a pass on this one, too. It's been shown that a lot of people know about the sprites, so they didn't reveal anything other than the fact that they'd actually seen them. Although that could end badly, too, since Cyrus seems to think that there's a connection.

3) I wouldn't mind a slow breaking of this habit. Maybe have Brock rein it in a bit, just lightly flirting, and every now and then have a relapse.

Cobalt_Latios

Answering your points in order:

1) No, the twerps are not observant- not even Brock when it comes to villains in disguise. However, I think we have to give them a pass on this one, because both Cynthia and her grandmother have been taken in too. Right now, they consider Cyrus a friend and benefactor. This can't end well.
Oops... forgot about Cynthia/Grandmother for a sec. Then again, I was merely relating to pixies location revelation thing.

2) Have to give them a pass on this one, too. It's been shown that a lot of people know about the sprites, so they didn't reveal anything other than the fact that they'd actually seen them. Although that could end badly, too, since Cyrus seems to think that there's a connection.
Considering how planned out TG seems to be, I wouldn't doubt that he's had the sprites as part of it at some point. Granted, I'm going by the games on this one.

3) I wouldn't mind a slow breaking of this habit. Maybe have Brock rein it in a bit, just lightly flirting, and every now and then have a relapse.
True, but it was done nicely in this ep because it seemed Brock was actually aware of the timing of his own jabs. Hence the gag.

*C_L*

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Awe man, Sean voiced Cyrus...amazing. I've seen Schemmel in many anime shows, even our American Anime (Kappa Mikey). Man, what a talented guy. I can't wait to see next weeks episode, and see what Cyrus will be doing next. Maybe well see him in his Team Galactic outfit.

uber gon

Accept Change
Mars's voice sounded like Liza from the Johto season. Are their VA's the same?

I actually thought Mar's high-pitched voice fitted her nicely.

o: She does seem like the underaged and snobby/childish commander. In the games she whines when she loses. :)

But yesss, I hope they don't screw up with Jupiter's voice. She should definitely have a very mature womanly voice. :3