• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Losing Its Lustrous (564)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Charge of Team Galactic! (Part One)

While training in Celestic Town for his upcoming Hearthome Gym match, Ash & Co. meet up with Cynthia. While there, an old friend of Cynthia's Grand Mother appears. This friend is eager to get to the ruins. However, the police of Sinnoh are all looking for Team Galactic and their leaders as they've had reports that they are planning to steal the Adamant & Lustrous Orbs...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Someone, please tell me! At the start, what did Ash say to Ambipom? and why was he showing off the contest stylings of Buizel to Dawn?

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Wow...so much to talk about...

Croagunk crashing through the glass ceiling to the floor and then Toxicroak delivering that massively painful Poison Jab straight to Croagunk's gut with amazing force has to be the single most violent (and incredibly animated) act in Pokemon history...and it was AWESOME!!! :p Jeez, I actually though he was dead for a second!

Hmm...if it weren't for those hollow cheekbones, Cyrus might actually look...normal. o_O Another nice touch was the barely noticeable head nod he gave Saturn in order to keep his (Cyrus') identity a secret from the twerps.

Those attacks that Pikachu and Buizel did at the beginning of the episode could easily pass as appeals. And they were pretty powerful-looking to boot.

Garchomp only appearing to bash Bronzor's face in was just great.

So was the professor Cynthia's grandmother after all?

I love how Cyrus' personality did a complete 180 as soon as he set his eyes on the Lustrous orb.

Team Galactic using EXPLOSIVES? In MY Pokemon? *GASP*

Apparently, they're also ninjas.

The Jenny with the Stunky makes a re-appearance.

Lol @ four-legged Meowth

Cynthia didn't appear to do much (apart from the aforementioned Bronzor-bashing)

All in all, this episode = EPIC!!!

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well i think it's obvious Croagunk's ability is anticipation, after all it released itself knowing Toxicroak was in the vacinity, too bad it got overkilled though, being knocked through glass and then being stabbed point blank in the chest has got to hurt.

Lol i wonder how Brock got up to the roof so quick.

Rampardo

Someone, please tell me! At the start, what did Ash say to Ambipom? and why was he showing off the contest stylings of Buizel to Dawn?

He was referring to the 'spin' tactic he used in the Oreburgh gym, and as you know, Aipom was one of the Pokemon who learned to use that spinning strategy.

Of course, he's going to use the spin strategy to be able to dodge Melissa's sleep/confuse attacks. (He said this in the episode)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Team Galactic's grunts have been admiring Wile E. Coyote a bit too much, thinking dynamite is the solution to everything. My good chums, in this day in age, you're going to need some Diet Coke and Mentos if you really want to create a good BANG.

One of the greatest flaws of the Aqua/Magma arc was that they waited until the final arc to introduce Archie and Maxie. This earlier introduction of Cyrus gives the writers more time to flesh him out, especially since he's such a complex character in the games.

Full thoughts on the entire arc will be posted in the Part 2 thread once I view Part 2.

dman_dustin

I'm going to say that Ash is a prodigy when it comes to contest appeals. Ash is definately a lot better than most coordinators. I mean he did get 2nd place in the Wallace Cup. I think the only people who get beat Ash appeal-wise is Nando and contest masters.

Just the way Buizel did that Aqua Jet and Pikachu and it's thunderbolt was awesome.

ShinyCharyZard

I'm going to say that Ash is a prodigy when it comes to contest appeals. Ash is definately a lot better than most coordinators. I mean he did get 2nd place in the Wallace Cup. I think the only people who get beat Ash appeal-wise is Nando and contest masters.

Just the way Buizel did that Aqua Jet and Pikachu and it's thunderbolt was awesome.

uuuh, he couldnt have gotten 2nd place...

He got beat by that guy while Zoey, May and Dawn were all still in it...

dman_dustin

uuuh, he couldnt have gotten 2nd place...

He got beat by that guy while Zoey, May and Dawn were all still in it...

I meant in appeals, he was 2nd in the appeals. When I said wallace cup I meant the appeals portion. Why else would've have I mentioned appeals, if I didn't mean that.

ShinyCharyZard

oops, appeals...how on earth did i miss that? its best to ignore me when i screw up, since it happens a lot, lol. :p

That thunderbolt was totally awesome though....Better than any ice appeal...

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
So what exactly was the connection between Cynthia and that scientist lady?

magicallypuzzled

it looked like a huge thunder version of a shadow ball. i have to say that pikachus and buziels power moves were the best part of both these episodes. i must have been the only who was dissappointed the campion and ash spent more time staring at there opponents doing nothing then they did battling. not to mention the times different bad guys managed to just walk a way with out being challenged such as team rocket, team galatic after team rocket left and team galactic after stealing the orb from team rocket. it would of been better if no one had noticed team rocket leaving i mean seriously lots of parts in this episode were seriously bad and it made the champion look bad too. i would of liked this episode much better they had followed my cheesey prediction of a huge battle with team galactic losing then handing the orb over to a team galactic member in disguese becuase as bad as that would be this is worse. it could of even worked great if they had given it to cyrus for safe keeping.

thunderblade12

Ash is gonna use contest moves to battle Fantina then? That seems fitting. I figured Pikachu would be used against Drifblim but Buizel??? What happened to Staravia and Gliscor's training?

If this battle is only 3-on-3 it looks like either Staravia or Gliscor will be sitting this one out. Even Chimchar and Turtwig/Grotle are far more deserving that Buizel

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I'm very very pleased with the opening! =D

And I really liked Ash's appeals but I want to see Gliscor used. She doesn't have a single win under her belt. That I can think of that is...

Blazing Charmander

So what exactly was the connection between Cynthia and that scientist lady?

As others have said, I believe she's Cynthia's Grandmother, who is also encountered in D/P/Pt when you reach Celestic.

Anyways, I quite enjoyed this episode, although not as much in terms of content as the second one. Ironically enough though, Iwane animated the one with less action, and Shimura (who, in my opinion is not as epic an animator) did the more action-packed one. Ah well, this one was good all in all, and was a good set-up for the next one. The best part in my opinion was when Croagunk crashed through the glass ceiling, with Toxicroak following up by stabbing it in the chest with a well placed Poison Jab. That has gotta rank high up as one of the best animated scenes.

Some of the interaction was great too, such as Ash and Dawn commenting on their respective traded Pokemon - Ambipom and Buizel. Cyrus not unveiling himself as Team Galactic's Boss was a nice touch, and it was awesome seeing him nodding instructions to Saturn while the group of protagonists were none the wiser lol. So all in all, a great episode made way better by the standard of animation, and sets us all up for the next episode nicely.

uber gon

Accept Change
Ash is gonna use contest moves to battle Fantina then? That seems fitting. I figured Pikachu would be used against Drifblim but Buizel??? What happened to Staravia and Gliscor's training?

If this battle is only 3-on-3 it looks like either Staravia or Gliscor will be sitting this one out. Even Chimchar and Turtwig/Grotle are far more deserving that Buizel

We don't really know that. Ash was probably using moves for future gyms. Heck, maybe Staravia and/or Gliscor could be used in Fantina's gym.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
You could tell at some parts that Cryus *Good Guy* Was really evil when he say the orb and stuff. I thought it made it abit ovbious and when he was yelling and giving evil looks and stuff