• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Losing Its Lustrous (564)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The writers have given a lot of attention to Croagunk- he's one of the few pokemon on the current team who I consider a fully fledged and developed character. Easily the highlight of the first part was seeing Croagunk VS Toxicroak at an even greater level than last time. Am I the only one who thought Cynthia throwing the ball was a strange cliffhanger?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
These episodes were so good they brought me back to review episodes again.

Cyrus has proven he's the best Pokemon villain team leader ever. The fact that he can hide in plain sight adds to his greatness. I'm very much looking forward to the climax of his plot I really hope they get it right this time.

Team Rocket's role is more relevant in the second part. So, I'll save that for my part 2 review.

Saturn was large and in charge this episode. He took the cops to the woodshed, he took Croagunk to the woodshed, he made me seriously think he could take Cynthia to the woodshed. He's one of the reasons why D/P rocks so hard.

Speaking of Croagunk, his distraction for stabbing Brock was an interesting twist. It was minor but gave some character to the episode.

I can't wait to see this episode in motion.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
The writers have given a lot of attention to Croagunk- he's one of the few pokemon on the current team who I consider a fully fledged and developed character. Easily the highlight of the first part was seeing Croagunk VS Toxicroak at an even greater level than last time. Am I the only one who thought Cynthia throwing the ball was a strange cliffhanger?

I didn't find that weird, what I found weird is why Gastrodon is the one that came out of it. Come on, Cynthia has plenty of Pokemon that could have taken the Golbat out just as well. I guess it was just because we haven't seen Gastrodon yet, but I really don't think it needed that epic greeting.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I didn't find that weird, what I found weird is why Gastrodon is the one that came out of it. Come on, Cynthia has plenty of Pokemon that could have taken the Golbat out just as well. I guess it was just because we haven't seen Gastrodon yet, but I really don't think it needed that epic greeting.

Honestly, I think it was the writers trying to show that Gastrodon has a mouth. Remember the Platinum sprites, they did it there too, and Gastrodon had it's mouth open a lot of the time.

Blaziryu

This episode looks great from the images I saw. However, I'm a bit disappointed Office Jenny's Growlithe couldn't notices TR w/ it's incredible sense. I was hoping that it wouldn't bark or bite the hell out of Meowth.

uber gon

Accept Change

Would you rather it be a Togekiss?

Torpoleon

I thought Croagunk would have evolved in this episode

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I highly doubt Togekiss would be more epic than Gastrodon.

Togekiss wouldn't have been in the episode even if Cynthia did use a different Pokemon.
I would have picked Gastrodon over Togekiss anyway. Though I'd pick any of Cynthia's other Pokemon over Gastrodon.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Cyrus went WAY over when he saw the Lustrous Orb. I thought he looked demented throughout the entire episode and that he was a cross-eyed weirdo. I'm happy Saturn was in it instead of Jupiter. He's the only guy commander and those are always better than the girl commanders and he's also the only one that dresses normally.....Yeah, it's scary, I'm starting to get obsessed with him...

uber gon

Accept Change
Togekiss wouldn't have been in the episode even if Cynthia did use a different Pokemon.
I would have picked Gastrodon over Togekiss anyway. Though I'd pick any of Cynthia's other Pokemon over Gastrodon.

As long as it isn't another Lucario. That pokémon has been rather overdone I think.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
As long as it isn't another Lucario. That pokémon has been rather overdone I think.

Yeah, I can't picture Lucario taking down an army of Golbat anyway.

uber gon

Accept Change
Yeah, I can't picture Lucario taking down an army of Golbat anyway.

Well, with Flash Cannon that might be possible. Or Zen Headbutt.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
At the end, when Cynthia took out one of her Poke Balls, I wanted to watch the next episode so much in order to find out what pokemon she'd use.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
and think of my surprise when it turned out to be a gastrodon!! only problem was it was the wrong coloured one....

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
Well, the color isn't so important I guess. I think the writers aren't particularly interested in revealing Cynthia's pokemon just as of right now. I think Ash will eventually get to the Sinnoh league, and they'll have to send out all of her Pokemon at that point.

Pearl's Perap

Not as good as the second episode, but still an amazing episode. I was so glad when Mars was finally showcased, with her being my favourite villain so far and my favourite Galactic Commander. The whole Croagunk sensing Toxicroak was a nice touch, soon as I saw it acting really strangely, I knew that it would be something to do with Saturn's Toxicroak and was pleased when the two began to battle, even if Croagunk basically got completely owned.

I loved near the very end of the episode when it added suspense to the ending by showing everyone's face seperately, it was just a great moment, made me want to watch part two straight away (which I did...)

Overall, 9/10, not as good as part two, but still amazing :]