• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Losmia Horizon (A Pokémon Roleplay)[PG13]

AJ2000

I0vAYeE.jpg

“Welcome to Orion Grocers! YOUR all-in-one destination for everything and anything! Looking for groceries? We got it! Looking for appliances? We got those too! Looking for Pokémon supplies? Look no further! We have weekly deals and promotions for just about anything you can think of! And if you think our competitors have better deals than us, we’ll price match it! Remember, if it’s got a price, then we can beat it! So c’mon down to your nearest Orion today!”

- Orion Commercial

caXm8me.jpg

The Region of Losmia, is often a forgotten gem. Located somewhat far from other regions, it’s no surprise why many people overlook this Region filled with scenery that could rival its counterparts. Lush forests, grasslands, and mountains cover this land, and one could even say that it has been lucky in the sense that it has not succumbed to business moguls wanting to create large cities, skyscrapers, factories, highways, or otherwise turn this Region into a polluted mess. Life for the most part is tame here, and because of that, this Region is not recognized by the Pokémon League, nor does it have one of its own. This reason could also be a large contributing factor to the forgotten existence of this Region, however that has not stopped the residents of Losmia from making the best of their situation. Several clubs exist throughout the region, with each club having a leader, formally known as Club Directors.These directors are not recognized officially by any sort of League or governing body, but instead operate individually. This means that Club Directors are free to do whatever they want with their Club, without consulting any sort of higher up. They do however, consult with each other on a regular basis, similar to a union of sorts. Unlike the traditional Pokémon League, there is no limit as to how many Clubs can be in Losmia. Despite the lack of said League, Losmia is still a place abundant with trainers, friendly people and Pokémon alike.

Orion Industries

Orion Industries is a corporation that is exclusive to the Losmia. They pride themselves in making life easier for all residents by providing them with ease of access to Pokémon supplies (Pokéballs, Potions, etc), food, electronics, homeware, and much more through their chain of grocery stores known as Orion Grocers. Littered throughout the Region, Orion Industries strategically puts their grocery store in many towns and cities, so a majority of people have access to them. Although some people are against the corporation, many people find themselves at the doors of this grocery store more often than not, as they have competitive pricing, and offer jobs to the communities of the Region. Because of this however, many smaller independently owned shops are not able to compete, and thus are seeing a decline in their business.

The CEO Carlyle, is known to be a rather enthusiastic, and ‘progressive’ leader. He honestly believes that his stores do more good for Losmia than bad. A lot of the money his company generates is donated to charities, and/or put into Pokémon research as well as the preservation of certain rarer or endangered species. His vice president, Quinn is more notorious for being the iron fist of the organization. While Carlyle has more of a lenient personality, Quinn would be considered to be more enforcement oriented. It is often said that without Quinn, Carlyle’s company would have been in the red, long ago. Although there is no proof of that, it can be said that Quinn is a very cautious person, who gets caught up in the numbers.

Lotus

Despite the seemingly calm atmosphere that surrounds the Region, there has been a bit of trouble brewing upon the land. Known as Team Lotus, this criminal organization surfaced a short while ago after an incident in a nearby town, which involved numerous Lotus Grunts stealing Pokémon from a research lab. However, their crime isn’t just limited to Pokémon theft; robbery, extortion, and even fraud top this organization’s list of dastardly deeds. Their motive is still yet unknown, however, the Losmia Police have stated that there does seem to be a reason as to why they are stealing Pokémon, and warn residents to stay vigilant if suspicious people try to approach or make contact. Recent reports state, that Lotus Grunts seem to be distinguishable through their black seaters with yellow vests, and brown pants with black boots. There is also an apparent stylized ‘L’ shaped marking on the middle of their sweater. Although the outfit alone is not enough to consider someone an apparent member, citizens should be diligent in making sure they take proper precautions no matter what.

KltE69W.jpg

Your character currently resides in the quaint community that is known as Whispin Town. Whether they were born there, or moved there from another region or town/city, is completely up to you, as is their day to day life. Whispin is known for its friendly people, and peaceful lifestyle, and is often referred to as “The town that never changes”. Reason being, a lot of people that grow up here, tend to stay here, not wanting to leave their peaceful lifestyle. The people that do leave or travel, somehow end up back at this pleasant town once their adventures are done. That’s not to say there’s nothing to do in this town!

Although the town has the usual necessities such as a Pokemon Centre, there are other points of attraction as well:

Town Square: Here is the heart of the town, and where a lot of businesses and other buildings reside. Although Whispin isn’t the biggest town around, chances are that travellers will find everything they need in this district.

Battle Corral: This is a grassy hill area, located on just the outside of town. The town’s river flows through this area and is the most popular spot for people to have battles or just hang out. Although no official, designated battlefield exists, it is a generally well-known rule that the entire grass area around this river can be used for battling. As such, many people will be walking alongside the trail to spectate, or more often than not, bring their kids to play in this area as well.

Orion Grocers: Orion Industries of course has a branch out here, located smack dab in the heart of the town, near the Pokemon Centre. There are no Marts in Losmia, and as such, are replaced by Orion Grocers. This place has everything, from food to Pokemon supplies.

Professor Pine’s Lab: A Research lab located on the far end of town. Slightly isolated, Pine loves her personal space, as it allows her to conduct proper research without the hassle of people constantly coming and going. She occasionally also takes in people for assistance, to help her out around the lab. She doesn’t have too much of an input or opinion for that matter, in political affairs, however, the town does seek her help when it calls for it.

The Role-play will start in the Town of Whispin, and will build further on out from there. I do have a plot in mind, however, the ‘in-between’ stuff is where I will let you guys have some creative freedom. The Role-play will play in 'Chapters', where each Chapter has its own plot.

WEYnIOy.jpg

Ahh yes, the rules section. This is going to be a long one, so bear with me. I have combined the World/In-Game Rules, and General Role-play rules since I didn’t find the need to separate them with their own sections. They are as follows:

1 All forum rules, and RPG forum rules apply. This includes bunnying without permission, godmodding, excessive swearing, etc. Be respectful to others, and help out where need be.

2 This role-play will be rated PG to possibly PG-13. I’m not going to make a Pokemon RP way more mature than it needs to be. You can definitely make things a bit darker than usual, however refrain from swearing or gore and whatnot. Also, if something has been shown in the franchise before, then that's a good indicator that it's allowed (e.g - Marowak dying from Team Rocket, the infamous Charmeleon slicing Arbok scene, etc).

3 Not really a rule, but it counts as being apart of the role-play world so I am putting it in here: I am giving you guys a bit more creative freedom here, as mentioned before. You guys are free to create your own Lotus Admin (if you wish to), as well as your own towns and cities and plot lines/chapters. If you choose to do so, make sure you run it by me to approve of it, and we can work something out.

4 This is NOT a journey roleplay, in the sense where the point of the role-play is to collect badges. I feel like this should be stated, in case anyone interested in this role-play is thinking that. Although yes, you can do the same stuff in any old Pokémon RP such as battle, catch, challenge gyms/clubs, etc, that is not the overarching plot.

5 Speaking of catching and battling: You can only catch Pokémon with my permission. I don’t have real rules on catching (as in, the type of Pokémon found), however I do ask that you make it a sensible catch. For example, it does not make sense finding a Dragonair or something of the like right at the start of the roleplay. Same goes for evolving: You must ask for my permission first.

6 Pokémon Centers in this role-play also act as Inns. They will offer you lodging, food and a bed as long as you have Pokémon with you.

aa7dXKB.jpg

This part is in its own section, because I have to go more in-depth with the mechanics of battling in this RP. The following rules apply to mostly Player VS Player battles in the roleplay, but are also the basis for NPC battles as well. This section will be updated accordingly.

1. Dodging: You cannot infinitely dodge attacks. This counts as god-modding. Likewise, not all of your attacks will hit their target 100% of the time. Use dodging at your own discretion, and be sensible about it. I will allows players to utilize 3 dodges (with 100% succession rate) per battle. This does not count per Pokemon, but rather the battle as a whole. Otherwise, all attacks will hit their target as intended. The only exceptions to this rule, is utilizing attacks such as Sand-Attack or accuracy reducing moves that would cause an opponent’s Pokémon’s attack to miss. If an opponent’s attack misses, it does not count towards your Dodge Ammo.

2. Only 4 moves per Pokémon just like the games. Egg moves and Abilities are also allowed, however only one egg move per Pokémon. No egg moves for any Pokémon caught in the wild. However, Egg moves are allowed If your character receives a Pokémon through an NPC.

3. No Mega Evolutions or G/Dynamax Pokémon in this roleplay. This may change later, but for now, no.

4. For the most part, there is no real levelling system in this roleplay. Just play, and let your Pokémon grow accordingly. You don't need permission to learn moves, but again, make it sensible. TMs also exist, but again, let me know before finding one.

5. Most battles in this role-play will generally be in this format: 1vs1, 2vs2 (double battle), or 3vs3. Double battles can be done by yourself, or you can team up with another player if you wish (if you are battling against NPCs). Battling among players is also allowed.

6. When it comes to players battling other players, I will leave the battle outcome up to the players involved. For example, let you guys ref your own battles. I will only chime in, if something is going against the battle rules or if there is a dispute of the sorts. I don’t imagine that will be too much of an issue however.

____________________________​

Sign-Up Sheet

Name

(Can be any age you want. From kid, to elderly)

Appearance
(A detailed paragraph or two on the history of your character)

History
(A detailed paragraph or two on the history of your character)

Personality
(A detailed paragraph or two on your character's personality)

Other
(Anything else you'd like to add)

~

Pokemon
(Your Character's starting Pokémon)

Nickname
(Nickname if they have any)

Ability
(Their Ability. Hidden Abilities are allowed)

Current Moveset
(2-4 moves for your Pokémon)

My Sign-Up

Name
Cedric Locke

Male

Appearance

BUWiB5A.png

Cedric is a young man of somewhat athletic build, standing at around 5’10”. Although he doesn’t particularly stand out in a crowd, one thing that people first notice about him is his pleasantly coloured auburn hair. Although he doesn’t take care of it too much, he does tend to keep it on the medium-short side, disliking it when it becomes too long. His eyes are green in colour, which people say compliment his face, which is generally free from any sort of ‘imperfections’ such as acne or scarring. However, in the heat, his light skin tone does have a tendency to tan easily. In terms of a fashion sense, Cedric isn’t one to spend a whole lot of money on what he wears. He generally dislikes anything too extravagant, or anything that’ll make him stand out too much. He opts for more affordable options, and things that will last him a while, while simultaneously not wanting to look homeless. On a day to day basis, he typically wears a simple, thin, zippered black jacket that keeps him from getting cold, but is light enough to wear in warm weather. Underneath his jacket, he tends to once again it keep it simple, by wearing a plain white shirt. For his lower body, he wears fitted brown pants and rocks his trusty red high-top sneakers.

Personality

Cedric overall is a person that tends to go by the motions in his day to day life. He isn’t one for planning, however, it should be noted he dislikes going out of his comfort zone too much. He does fall into peer pressure rather easily, which is more-so something he tends to do out of insecurity, not wanting people to think ill of him.

Working at a local fruit stand has let him interact with the townsfolk, as well as develop his social skills. He loves delivering terrific customer service, and overall enjoys making small talk with people. His boss often trusts him to run the stand by himself a lot of the time, because of his willingness to work hard and excel. This however, can also sometimes be a hinderance, as some customers have pointed out that he either talks too much, or cannot take hints.

By nature, Cedric is a caring person, and likes to help out where needed. This can range from helping an elderly lady with her groceries, or by lending someone in need of some money. In terms of his Pokémon, Cedric likes to take care of his two Pokémon by often bringing them to work and letting them out periodically for exercise rather than being cooped up at home. He does not partake in battling too often, for the sole reason that he is not that skilled at it, nor does he practice. He also is not that well versed in Pokémon in general (typing, species, etc)

History

Growing up in Whispin his whole life, Cedric has never really known a home outside of this rustic town. Nor does he have any real desire to move out. His life for the most part has been rather uneventful, not having any sort of real life altering events. His mother is more or less non-existent in his life, and has been since he was born. According to his brother and father, the reasoning behind this was the fact that she somehow fell out of love with Cedric’s father. Although Cedric does believe there’s more to the story than just that. Although his father essentially raised Cedric and his older brother Simon, it wasn’t until Cedric turned 18 that he left for work in another region, as a researcher. Although he periodically does visit Whispin, Cedric and Simon are left on their own for the most part, to take care of each other and help out where needed. It was around this time when he got a job at a local fruit stand in town, where he continued to work for the next few years. Cedric does prefer a life of peace and quiet, and thus, the fruit stand was his home away from home, as he essentially gets to do as he pleases, working without much hassle or much expectations.

Pokémon

marshtomp.png

Species
Marshtomp

Ability

Torrent

Moves

Water Gun
Ice Punch
Mud Shot

~

timburr.png

Species
Timburr

Ability

Sheer Force

Moves

Mach Punch
Bulk Up
Low Kick
Pound

Current Players

Cedric Locke [AJ2000]
Stella Gold [Monster Guy]
Stefan Blue [Schade]
Isaac Aain Casanova [Hydrangea]
Sohkee “Key” Anala [Skillfulness]

Beau Belrose [Innerflame]
Joshua Hoffman [Sketchie]
GoldenHouou / Reserved

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Im intrigued by this! Rrserve me a spot, please.

Question: what are the pokemon limits besides no legends, and how many may we have?

Last edited:

AJ2000

@Mon: you are reserved.

@Schade: you are reserved as well. And by Pokémon limits are you referring to the total amount of Pokémon you may have in this RP? Or just at the start? There’s no real limit I guess as to how many your character can catch. As to the actual starting Pokémon themselves, I don’t really have any real limits on that, as long as it’s sensible (for example, no Garchomp or anything like that as a starting Pokémon)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Here we go. Hopefully I did this right. Also Carlyle's last name is Gold now. :p

Name:
Stella Gold

NTxD1mA.png

Appearance: Stella's height is at 5'10". Despite being taller than most young women, she unapologetically wears heels often, and often appears taller. She doesn't go into the sun all to often, claiming it's bad for your skin, so her skin is fair as a result. She has a slender build, but still has a feminine figure. She has silky, straight, golden blond hair that falls to her waist, with short blunt cut bangs that go to her eyebrows. She often wears some sort of hair accessory to keep her hair tidy. Her eyes are almond shaped, and are a light shade of blue. She wears as much makeup as she thinks is necessary. Usually just some pink eyeshadow, lipstick, and a subtle amount of blush. Her nails are perfectly manicured and painted with gold polish. She puts a lot of effort into maintaining her appearance, and she makes sure to keep her face clear of any blemishes, and to maintain a good weight.

Her outfits tend to vary, but her wardrobe can be described as being, "girly." It mostly contains a lot of pastels, and bright colors in general, especially pink, her favorite color. She has very expensive tastes, and has the money to afford it, or rather her parents do. All the clothes in her closet were either made by her using rare and/or expensive materials, or by a big name designer (who likely also used rare and/or expensive materials.) Knockoffs and cheap things make her skin crawl. (By cheap, she means low quality, it's possible for something to be inexpensive and still good.) She also accessorize with gold and pink jewelry to flaunt her wealth. Made with real gold and pink diamonds, which are also rare and expensive. She also carries a pink designer handbag to carry her things in.

Her usual outfit is a short sleeved pink blouse, with a frilly knee length skirt thats a darker shade of pink than the blouse is. For this occasion, she wears sensible pink flats decorated with little bows on her feet. Her ears are pierced, and she wears hanging gold earrings on her ears, a fancy gold necklace around her neck, and a set of gold bracelets around her right wrist, as well as a pink diamond ring on a gold band on her right ring finger. On top of her head she wears a pink headband with a bow attached to it.

Personality: Stella is a proud, confident young woman. She can come off as arrogant sometimes, often overestimating herself, while underestimating others, but she does have a kind caring side somewhere deep down, someone just has to be willing to look for it. She is not shy in the slightest, and if given the opportunity, she will say exactly what she thinks, which often gets her into trouble, and offends people. She usually acts very serious and proper, and appears to have no tolerance for low-class behavior, but it's just an act, and she knows how to have fun if the circumstances are right. She is a strong willed individual, and once she's decided on something, it is very difficult to change her mind. Due to her wealthy upbringing, and being given whatever she wanted whenever she asked, she is spoiled, and has very high standards, and she gets upset if things do not meet those standards. She is very frivolous, and she's known for spending money like it grows on trees. Especially if it's someone else's money.

Stella values cuteness and beauty in all areas in her life. From her taste in clothes, to the people she associates with, to the Pokemon she chooses to capture. If your one of those people that do not meet her expectations. Depending on the person, she will avoid you, try to give you a makeover, or be needlessly cruel to you. As one would imagine, looks mean everything to Stella. She can often be seen studying her reflection in any reflective surface available. She despises dirt and ugliness with a passion. She hates sports, physical labor, camping, or anything that could possibly get her dirty and ruin her image. If forced to do them, she will complain. Something else she can't stand, bugs She's fine with cute/pretty bugs like Vivilon and Ribombee, it's the creepy crawly bugs like Pinsir, Ariados, and Scolipede she doesn't like.

She can be a nice person once you get to know her. This is noticeable when she's speaking to someone she finds to be cute, or has taken a liking to. She will act friendly towards them, and if they are younger than her, act like a sister to them. She's also quite generous to her friends. One thing that may surprise you, is that despite being a girly girl, she actually enjoys playing video games, and she has an extensive collection of games at home. (Though, you won't find any shooters or sports games in there. You will find some fighting games though, just nothing excessively violent.) She doesn't hide this fact, and she often brings a portable game system or two with her. She is also much smarter than she looks. One thing her father did teach her was how to think like a business person. She doesn't find stupidity attractive either. She also enjoys Pokemon battles, and is good at strategizing.

History: Stella was born in the Losmia Region, and has lived there for as long as she can remember. She lives in a large mansion in Whispin Town. She was born the only child of one of the richest and most famous families in the region. Her father is Carlyle, the CEO of Orion Industries, and her mother is also an executive within the company. Due to their busy work schedules, they weren't able to be around as often as they would have liked. The only times she got to see both parents together, were at formal functions.

Feeling guilty about this, they spoiled their daughter, and gave her whatever she asked for, often in excess. If she wanted a Pony, she got a Ponyta imported from Galar, riding lessons, and people to care for them. If she wanted a toy, the whole store was closed down so she could go on her own personal shopping spree to get anything she wanted. The latest electronic gadget, she got the next model before it was available to the public, and it was custom made just for her. As one can imagine, this made her very spoiled, and gave her a superiority complex. She often flaunted her wealth, and had little regard for people she felt were beneath her. Her parents were usually busy, and they never noticed.

For awhile, Stella was homeschooled by scholars and tutors that were handpicked by her parents. She received etiquette lessons, and was taught how to be a lady, as well as other things in order to groom her to inherit the family fortune. When she was thirteen, she was enrolled into an elite Private School. She was able to ace the entrance exams and earn admission. She did very well in her classes, and maintained fantastic grades her entire time there. However, because of her condescending attitude, most of the other kids treated her with indifference. Most of the friends she did have only hung out with her because of her money. Despite being a social butterfly, Stella had no real friends. She acts like it doesn't bother her, but deep down, it does.

Now, having completed her schooling, Stella wants to follow in her father's footsteps, and start her own business. Preferably, becoming a clothing designer and being an influential figure in the fashion industry. Before she goes about persuing that goal and starts studying at University, she wants to take some time to travel the region, capture some cute Pokemon, and battle in the various clubs around the region. Mainly to prove that she can be a good battler using the types of Pokemon she likes.

Other: She knows how to sew, stich, knit, and crochet. She wants to be a fashion designer one day.

Pokemon

078-g.png

Galarian Rapidash

Nickname: Fantasia

Ability: Pastel Viel

Current Moveset: Swords Dance, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt, High Horsepower

761.png

Bounsweet

Nickname: Regina

Ability: Oblivious

Moves: Razor Leaf, Flail, Aromatherapy, Teeter Dance

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Thanks AJ. Plopping down a WIP for now

'Name
: Stefan Blue
Theme: Cute song
2YOkOlx.jpg
Appearance
Stefan is an averagely tall young man standing at 5'8" feet. He has a thin and very toned physique due to his active lifestyle. His skin is relatively pale with a slight tan from spending time outdoors, and is relatively free of body hair and blemishes. However, he does have a very visible scar on his left arm from where a Barraskewda bit him as a child. He has medium short straight black hair and deep blue eyes. He's not very expressive, and his face often has a certain relaxed expression, without revealing too much. He has overall sharp facial features with high cheekbones and a chiseled jawline. He has a single silver ear stud in his right ear.

When it comes to clothing, it is something Stefan cares very very little about. A lack of interest, as well as a practical mind that goes to cheaper alternatives, he's likely never heard of any of the bigger brand names, and would scoff at anyone claiming them to be superior, believing the people in question to be overcompensating by spending that much money on something silly as clothes. His main and only concern when it comes to clothing is wether he is comfortable or not, as well as the clothes practicality. He's never seen without his black and red-striped knee-length jammers, as he's ready to dive into any body of water at a moments notice. He also wears a plain white and red track top which he keeps zipped up enough to ascertain a level of modesty while also showing off his toned collarbones.

Personality
Stefan is a modest young man that exceeds an aura of calm and quiet, preferring to draw as little attention to himself as possible. He's a quiet young man that enjoys drifting through life at his own pace and by his own terms. He's by no means anti-social, as he does enjoy the company of others; he just doesn't feel the need to be the center of attention all the time, leaving that role to other people. A silent observer, he chose his words wisely, and never shy's away from stating his opinions or whats on his mind. An involuntary trait of his is that his calm and calculated demeanor, coupled with his honesty, often make him come across as rude or condescending towards others. He's aware of this fact, but has learned to just roll with it, as trying to explain himself further only leads to him digging a deeper grave for himself. Despite this, he's not a mean person, and thoroughly enjoys the company of other people, as well as valuing friendships and companions he meet along the way. He might rub you off the wrong way, but in the end, Stefan is a kind young man that takes care of the people around him.

Another side effect of Stefan preaching the 3 C's, cool, calm and collected, is that he's very hard to read. From his deadpan facial expressions and vocal delivery, to his somewhat dry humor, you never really knows where you have him unless he tells you. Stefan himself enjoy this little piece of mystery, and he can sometimes throw you off with a cryptic, out of context sentence to weird you out, and create a certain distance between you. While he enjoys the company of others, Stefan thrives the best when he's alone. Not having to worry about other peoples expectations and beliefs is not something he takes lightly, and he makes the best out of the time he has alone. While he goes to great lengths to care for the people he care for, he warms up to people slowly, and often prioritize himself over others, figuring out the best possible solution for himself and his own interests before those of others. Despite that, he's not entirely neglectful to others and their feelings, and would help out where he can.

Stefans interests lies mainly within physical labor and swimming. He travels to the beach every single day, often before dawn, to take a swim, or to go free-diving. He enjoys being able to spend time along in the water, or spending time with his pokemon. This is the means of which he manage to get his fill of action and adventure, as his objectively boring life offers little to no other alternatives. Stefan is an adventurous young man, a trait that stems from years of reeling repressed and "imprisoned" with his grandpa's shop and his own regular daily routines. He keeps his love for exploring and adventuring to himself though, as to him, it is his own getaway from the everyday stress. Another trait that sprung from this hobby is his affection towards pretty objects and valuable items. He's somewhat materialistic, and often find treasures of varying value and origin on his dives. Everything from pretty shells to lost journals to actual treasure from sunken shipwrecks or other origins counts towards his need of finding material goods. His room at his house is filled with several such items, and would in total earn him enough money to move away and start his own little country somewhere. As he collects for the sake of collecting, however, Stefan just keeps these valuable items around.

Stefan's life is plagued by routine and little freedom for himself. He doesn't get to see friends very often and, as such, don't have many anymore as most of them have moved on. He really wants to move away from the quaint town and start a career or go to school or something, somewhere else. Deathly tired of the same old surroundings, he welcomes change. Despite all that, however, he feels compelled to stay due to his grandfather's failing health, as well as his family business. There's always an excuse he tells himself in order to stay and help his grandfather, and at this point he doesn't know whether they are legit reasons, or him being scared to move away and establish a new life for himself. Regardless of that, while he feels the gnawing urge for a change of lifestyle, and while he would never admit it, he actually kind of enjoy the way things are for now.

History
Stefan was originally born in Ecruteak City in the Johto Region to a middle class family. His mother was an established writer, while his father was a geologist. As such, Stefans early life was plagued with traveling alongside his parents for his fathers work, and he could call taxis, airplanes, ferries and hotels home just as much as their modest abode back in Ecruteak. This exsessive traveling also meant he couldn't go to normal kindergardens or pre-schools, and he was home schooled as such by his mother. While she was a writer by trade, Bonnie Russell also had experience in teaching from her early 20's, which came to great use during this period. On these travels, it was not uncommon for the family to visit Stefans paternal grandfather who lived in the small town of Whispin, where he owned and ran a small seafood resturant. Visits there were always awkward, as his father and grandfather didn't get along well due to Stefans father not wanting to take over the family business when it was time for his grandfather to retire. Regardless, Stefan always loved visiting his eccentric grandfather.

All of this is long ago in the past, and in honesty, Stefan barely remember his parents faces at this point. Bonnie and Tyler Russel both disappeared one fateful night on one of their travels when the ferry they were both on capsized and sunk somewhere out in a rocky and unpredictable part of the sea, having suffered a motor malfunction which caused the ship to drift into dangerous waters. Stefan was just a kid at this point, and didn't fully grasp the concept of what happened to his parents. He only knew he wouldn't be able to see them anymore, and that he would live with his grandfather from now on. Oddly enough, Stefan was never visibly upset by this, and by the time he stood outside the door to his grandfathers house, the man who opened the door, as well as the child standing outside in the rain waiting were not the same people they had been years prior.

As the years went on, Stefan would have difficulties adjusting to his new life. He never really fit into the public school he was sent to, often finding himself at the recieving end of bullies who teased him for not having parents, as they did not understand the horrible truth to why that was. (The bullying naturally subsided as they got older and realized what they had done). As such, Stefan started keping more to himself, only opening up to a handful of people he trusted and called friends, while maintaining a certain emotional distance from everyone in general. Academically, he was perfectly average, being better in some areas, while struggling more in others. Never one to naturally attract the spotlight of any sorts, Stefan kind of breezed through his schoolyears without too much worry.

On the home front, Stefan's grandfather had become adamant that Stefan would take over the family business. While he naturally didn't take this seriously, Stefan would learn that he was, in fact, very serious. His grandfather was somewhat overprotective of him, and was never a fan of him going out on his own. They lived a modest life with little luxury, so Stefan never owned a phone of his own, and only learned about the internet when he was 18. He would spend his time working for his grandfather, for while he didn't want to take up shop, he felt compelled to at least help the old man out as some sort of payment for letting him stay. Stefan would cook meals for tourists and regulars alike, as well as deliver orders on his bike. It was an oddly physically demanding job, but it was a job, and being the responsible little man he was, Stefan never complained openly, and did what he was told.

The shop in question is a small establishment. A 3-story house lodged inbetween a flower shop and the town's post office, it didn't naturally attract many customers. The 2 upper floors was the apartments Stefan and his grandfather lived in. His grandfathers bed and bathroom was on the second level, while Stefan's was on the third. It was a bit cramped, but it was home, and Stefan never complained about it as he knew others had it worse, and he lived with the hope that he would eventually be able to move away from there and start his own life somewhere else. From his own bedroom window on the third floor, he had a good view past two taller buildings towards the beach a few kilometers north of the town. He'd sometimes go there on his spare time, as he enjoyed the peace and quit the beach and ocean provided.

An active guy, it didn't take long before Stefan found an interest in swimming and free-diving, often trekking further and further out as he progressively became stronger and more durable. He'd start exploring the seafloor on his own spare-time, which often meant coming in at dawn or late at night. It was his home away from home, where he was free to do absolutely whatever he wanted, and he enjoyed every second of it. It was on one of these trips he would encounter the pokemon that would become his friends. As he had dedicated most of his life to the store already, he hadn't had time or freedom to go on a pokemon journey, despite having wanted to do so tremendously. His first caught Pokemon was a Frillish. The pink weird pokemon had taken a liking to him, and would sometimes accompany him as he dove, pointing him to treasures and trying to drown him on occasion. Knowing enough about pokemon to know how to capture one, Stefan asked if the Frillish wanted to join him, and presented it with a Lure Ball which he had gotten from one of his grandparents friends who was a fisher. Reluctant t first, Frillish agreed, and happily jumped into the ball.

After this, the two would dive more frequently, and practice Frillish' battle skills on potential wild pokemon they encountered. One such encounter was a wild Barraskewda that Stefan frightened, which triggered the pokemon to lash out, biting down hard on Stefans arm. This triggered Frillish to evolve and fire off a powerful Shadow Ball at the pokemon which scared it away. It then carried him to the surface, and all the way home where his Grandfather stitched him up. He got quite an earful for that one, and was forbidden to dive in the ocean until he was older and wiser. Stefan, who was in the middle of his rebellious phase, obviously disobeyed this and kept on as normal.

Then there was the time where Stefan and Jellicent got caught up in a fast moving current. Seeing no other alternative than to grip a hold on him and keeping him close, the duo got whisked away. When the current settled and Stefan managed to regain himself, he saw that they had entered deeper, darker waters, whose ocean bed was littered in dead coral. He would see some of the coral pieces move about, and saw some pokemon resembling Corsola. Diving closer, the colony seemed scared of him, but gradually warmed up enough for them to signal for him to follow them. Thinking there would be some awesome treasure at the end, Stefan followed suit. The last thing he remember from this dive was the long outstretched body of what looked like one of the Corsola, reaching its branches to the sky while chanting the word "Curse". He woke up face down on the beach later in the middle of the night with no recollection of how he got there, but upon closer inspection, he noticed that one of his empty Lure Balls now housed a Galarian Corsola.

The last and most noteworthy of Stefans dives came when he came across the 500 year old shipwreck of the fabled ghost ship of legends. The ship itself was an old wodden pirate ship that used to roam between an archipelago not too far away from there. The ship even had its own legend that, during particularily foggy nights, it would appear as a ghostly figure on the calm waves, bringing with it the eerie sounds of cracking woods and footsteps. Stefan had never seen this ghost ship before, but had heard from his grandfathers fisherman friend who had. It wasn't as scary-looking when it was ludged hard between two giant rock formations on the seafloor, however, and Stefan couldn't help himself but explore it, though he kept both Jellicent and Corsola out of their balls just in case. Inside the ship, he found a lot of noteworthy gimmicky items of old, but when he tried to descend to a lower part of the ship, a huge anchor only just missed his head as it flew past him, hitting one of the rock formations next to the ship and causing it to break off.

The aggressor in question was a gigantic Dhelmise. Stefan had never seen this pokemon before, but he knew of it from books he'd read, and knew that they often acted as guardians on old ships that held treasure. Getting the motivation he needed, he readied himself for battle. Dhelmise made quick works of Jellicent, but after a few well-timed Strength Sap's and a Shadow Ball to the face, the seaweed pokemon was defeated. Not missing out on an opportunity like this, Stefan caught the pokemon in another Lure Ball and called it out right after. The Dhelmise then proceeded to slam its huge anchor down into the floor of the ship, easily breaking through it and revealing a chest in a corner. Besides a few items of clothing, Stefan found gold, gemstones and a TM, among other things, that he stuffed his pouch full with before exiting when the ship started falling apart around him.

Finding out of this dive, Stefans grandfather became furious with him, and the two had their biggest argument to date. It was during this argument that his grandfather slipped that he felt responsible for his son, Stefan's father's, death, and was actively trying to keep Stefan safe by keeping him out of dangerous situations. Noticing that he didn't want to discuss it further, Stefan presented his grandfather with a few gemstones and golden coins he took from the wreck, which enabled his grandfather to renew some of the restaurants tools and equipment. They never spoke of this day again, and life slowly fell back to normal, with Stefan's confidence getting a nice boost.

Now at the age of 21, Stefan has started to actually considering leaving the town. He wanted to get into competitive swimming or something. Anything, really, he just wanted to get away. Despite that, he kept putting opportunities off in order to help his grandfather, who's health has begun taking a turn for the worse. Stefan is now very conflicted as to what he wants to do, and stays behind as a favor to his grandfather.

Other
- He owns a Technical Machine (TM) for the move Whirlpool, which is also his favorite move. He found it while exploring the sunken wreck of an old ship. This ship is also where he met and captured Dhelmise.
- Stefan is a skilled diver and can hold his breath for 3 minutes. While he owns all the necessary equippment a diver needs, he prefer to dive without it, as he doesn't go too deep too often.
- All of Stefan's Pokemon are captured and held in Lure Balls.
- While he and his grandfather don't always get along, Stefan holds the man to great respect.
- Stefan is an excellent chef, and while he has a bit of a bias towards seafood, he excells in many different culinary styles.
- While he knows his parents are dead, he doesn't know how. At this point, he doesnt feel it would make any difference. He also don't know his own original hometown.

Pokemon

222-g.png

Nickname: N/A
Ability: Cursed Body
Personality Corsola, oh Corsola. Why art thou, Corsola? Who hurt you Corsola? Why do you look so sad all the time, Corsola? The living incarnation of a sad lifetime, and the prime example of years upon years of untreated clinical depression, Corsola never breaks her sad sulking facial expression or general demeanor. Always look on the bright side of life who? Don't know her. There is always something to be sad about, and if it's todays weather, last nights dinner or the ongoing existential crisis surrounding your own current life situation, Corsola's got them all covered. She has a habit of vailing loudly on occasion, and stare solemnly in directions as if looking at something in the distance only she can see. Maybe it's light at the end of the tunnel? Who knows? Corsola doesn't know. Corsola only knows the here and now, and the only thing that makes the pain lessen just a little bit, it's being Stefan's friend and companion.
Current Moveset:
- Shadow Ball
- Whirlpool
- Strength Sap
- Curse

781.png

Nickname N/A
Ability: Steelworker
Personality: If Corsola is the picture of what happens when you give in the cacophany of demonic voices in your head telling you that you're not good enough, Dhelmise is the deadpan non-caring emotionless shell that is you once you get used to it. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell wether or not Dhelmise actually has any emotions to speak of. Always kinda hanging in mid-air, gently swinging his anchor around in a semi-hypnotic yet highly hazardous way seeming like he has no cares in the world, he can definitely creep people out by his very uncaring attitude towards pretty much everything going on around him. What's that? Dhelmise won 1 million dolars in the lottery? His ntire family was eaten by.. dunno, termites? Global warming? Did you see Dhelmise flinch at any of that? No? Would you believe me if i told you the compass that appears to resemble an eye is actually functional? It actually is, and Dhelmise often accompany Stefan on dives, leading the way, as well as functioning somewhat like an anchor to keep Stefan from getting carried off by stronger currents. Dhelmise exists, and that's pretty much the extend of his personality.
Current Moveset:
- Anchor Shot
- Giga Drain
- Phantom Force
- Whirlpool

593-f.png

Nickname N/A
Ability: Cursed Body
Personality: It's a strange trio of different takes on the different ways of coping with how things clearly aren't as you would hope they should be. While Corsola embodies Depression and Dhelmise has a habit of just kinda not feel anything at all, Jellicent is the kind of girl that would give you the warm smile and say everything is fine even though it clearly isn't. While she is definitely a more positive Pokemon than the other two, the way she carries herself with the royal melancholy of a widow who just buried her third husband makes you think there is more to her than she is letting on. You'd be right in assuming as such, as behind Jellicents eerielly positive attitude lies the woman who poisoned her three husbands to cash in on the inheritance. Jellicent doesn't like you. You're nothing to her, and if you're in her way, she'll dispose of you. Selfish to a pulp, all Jellicent cares for is her own happiness, which, to everyones sigh and relief, is tied to seeing Stefan happy, thus making her a caring and nurturing Pokemon towards him and those he cares about.
Current Moveset:
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Whirlpool
- Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Name: Isaac Aain Casanova

R66jli0.png
cC68zmQ.png

Isaac stands at around 5'8", which is an area of noticeable annoyance for him. His strong voice is often commented on in a downcast way, with people remarking about how such a powerful voice could come from just a short man. Isaac has a little bit of noticeable muscle tone, however these days it's looking more and more like a dad body. He's a little rough around the edges with a minor gut, but these days it feels like it adds to the mature vibe his music is going for. His face is mature, although sullen for someone of his age. His cheekbones have noticeable definition, adding proper depth to his facial structure and giving him an even more handsome appearance. That's what makes the ladies go crazy for Casanova Aain. His face, although well taken care of and properly groomed usually has stubble left on it. Isaac hates going baby-faced, he would much rather appear like he hasn't shaved in weeks than look like a child. His five o'clock shadow has luckily become expected and welcomed by fans of his music, as well as an sexual and romantic partners he wishes to pursue. His eyes are a bold shade of green, however they usually have fairly noticeable bags under them from Isaac staying up late attempting to write songs instead of getting his beauty sleep. His hair is sleek, well groomed and "fluffy", for lack of a better word. It's a typical and plain brown in colour, short, with the bangs spiked upwards to a degree. However, the young man usually tucks his hair into a beanie.

Isaac usually likes to look as casual as he possibly can, doning a long sleeved green sweatshirt and even sometimes going as far as to cover that with a deep moss green coloured hoodie. It's a wonder he doesn't sweat to death on average days. For pants he usually tends to stick to black sweats, with his favourite green converse placed snugly upon his feet.

Personality: Isaac is quiet, for the most part. He prefers to keep to himself, not really speaking unless spoken to, not outwardly attempting to engage with others. He's a closed book, it's pretty difficult for you to tell what he's thinking about unless you know him well. Which you probably don't, the only person who really knows the "real" him is Vinny, but she can't exactly talk to tell you what he's like. He heavily values being alone, especially after a long show. He doesn't "get" people, he doesn't understand why people display emotions in such different ways and prefers to interact with humans as little as he possible can. They're frightening war hungry beasts after all --- but Pokemon, Isaac feels like he can really understand Pokemon. He will always take the company of the adorable creatures over that of humans, they don't make fun of him or poke at the sad meanings in his song lyrics. Actually, Isaac might have a minor case of Anthropophobia --- or more simply, a literal fear of humans and interacting with them. This stems from some childhood trauma regarding many kids making fun of his somewhat noticeable trident lisp, which is only apparent when he speaks --- not when he sings. Isaac himself is very self conscious of his lisp, going out of his way to avoid words that make cause it to slip up. Don't bring it up if you don't want him to get upset, it's a pretty touchy subject for him.

Isaac's music is somewhat sad, reflecting the way he views society. He pities them in a way, finding that people as a whole are a very sad and messed up group of people. Obviously, quite a few people have found solace and relatability in his music, as he has a pretty huge fanbase at this point. Actually, Isaac is somewhat of a different person when he's hiding behind the mask of fame. He becomes far more outgoing, bold, and unfiltered. Fans would describe Isaac --- or as he's better known to them, Casanova Aain, as an extremely outgoing activist personality. Probably someone that would make a strong leader if ever presented with the opportunity, unabashed and unafraid. Isaac is actually a little bit of a fame monster, he's pushed away all of his interpersonal relationships to exclusively work on his music --- as that is what brings him the greatest joy in life. You could almost equate fame to a drug for him, it fuels him and all those cheering fans are only making his ego as Casanova Aain stronger.

Many people, fans and critics alike believe that Casanova Aain might be a strong persona to hide behind, made by someone who has no sense of individuality or is extremely uncomfortable in their own skin. The latter is the more correct of the two, as Isaac might be the most afraid of himself. He's uncomfortable with his appearance, thinking he appears to be a slob. He's uncomfortable with his voice, even though he's the singer and guitarist of his one man show. And he's especially uncomfortable with his own sexuality, finding it to be a confusing and difficult subject to talk about. Romantic pursuits have never been for him to begin with, but he's had even more trouble getting attached to other humans after his long term boyfriend left him due to an explosive fight. Isaac has never actually recovered from this, turning to drugs for newfound support. He's sticking to his old motto that a significant other will only get in the way, as this has seemingly proven true.

Isaac, although quiet, is a great speaking companion... figuratively speaking. Isaac is the greatest listener in the world, although he may often seem disinterested and angry --- he is actually very curious about what makes other people tick or get upset and would very much like to hear your take on these things. Although he may follow it up with somewhat blunt and unwelcome advice, but hey, at least he talked to you, right? He's also very excitable about topics he's interested in, and may actually talk your ear off if you peak his interest. His favourite subjects are music, Pokemon breeding, and movies.

History: Isaac was born to a normal, kind, middle-class family in Lacunosa Town in the Unova region. His mother, Elaine Casanova (née: Dewitt) felt extremely blessed following the birth of Isaac, as her and her husband, Leon, had been trying for years to get pregnant with little success. As he was the first born, and assumed by his parents to be their only child he was absolutely spoiled from the time he was old enough to form words in order to say what he wanted. By definition, Isaac wasn't a spoiled rotten child --- as he expected actually very little from his parents, however they often far exceeded anything he thought they would and threw their hard earned money on the latest toys for him. His parents always spent time with the young boy, from birth to age eight they were ever present. Although his parents both worked steady jobs to maintain their home and raise their child, they gave Isaac the best possible life they could, making sure to spend enough time with him so he would never get lonely and lash out.

Unfortunately for Isaac, growing up with two parents that loved him dearly and took him on all sorts of adventures would draw to a close when he was around eight and half. His parents had run into money troubles, with his father's gambling problems being the source. Isaac was too young to understand at the time, despite being a rather intelligent boy who always did well in school he was still just a boy. His mother had finally had enough, booting his father out of the house and filling for divorce not long after. Isaac was devastated, but found it comforting that he was still able to visit his father whenever he pleased. His parents had split custody, meaning he would stay at his mother's house for two weeks and then go to his father's home for a week. It was actually a nice outlet for the young boy, as his father maintained the spoiling that he was known for and sometimes even bought Isaac far more than he could afford. His father was never a man that knew how to manage money, and living in that one bedroom apartment was evidence upon itself. Isaac had to sleep on the futon in the living room during his stays, but he never minded --- at least he was able to see his father. It went on like this for a few years, at the age of ten Isaac was giving two copies of his final report card for his parents. There were straight As all around, and during his visit to his father's, his dad found it appropriate to award him for his efforts.

The two went to a local market in Castelia City, where the boy saw the object of his ultimate desires. A beautiful guitar. It was a little pricey, especially for his father's part time job at the butcher --- but his father felt that he had earned it. Isaac was ecstatic, learning how to play it with practice and becoming actually quite good. His voice wasn't too shabby either, a voice coach would certainly work wonders to improve his talents. His father felt like he had real talent, encouraging his wild dreams to be a musician and even coughing up more money for guitar and voice lessons. Once he was back at his mother's however, things changed. His mother's new boyfriend, Ansel, had recently moved in with them upon finding out that Elaine was pregnant with his child. Isaac was quite excited to learn he was actually going to have someone around other than him and his mother, although he wasn't exactly crazy about the way Ansel spoke about his father. But, his mom liked him --- and that was what really mattered. About a month after Isaac turned eleven, Lily was born. She was beautiful, bright eyed, and quite loud. But Isaac loved her from the moment he first saw her. He was the best big brother he could be, and upon Lily's 7th birthday he was ready to set out into the big world --- looking for fame.

His mother and Ansel didn't exactly approve of his newfound dreams to be a musician however, they spoke of how it was "foolish" to expect fame and fortune and that they boy should actually find a proper career of some kind. Go to school, pick up some sort of field and stick with it. Isaac wasn't too thrilled with the notion, but agreed nonetheless. Being eighteen and freshly out of high school, he decided to try to get a major in breeding, despite knowing very little about Pokemon. A requirement of the university he wished to attend was to have a Pokemon companion, to better learn how to interact with the creatures. Luckily for Isaac, Ansel had picked him up a small graduation gift from himself and Elaine --- a small female Eevee. Isaac loved her, truly, it was love at first sight and she helped him excel in his classes. Isaac's intelligence had stayed, and he flew through school effortlessly. All until the day of his final exam.

The exam seemed easy on paper, prove that you had the ability to select a Pokemon couple and breed them for their traits --- successfully delivering the egg in the process. He selected a Pikachu as the female, and a Mienfoo as the father. It seemed simple, and he was ready to become a fully certified breeder. The breeding itself went fine, all until the Pikachu actually needed to deliver the egg. There were complications that could have been avoided, and for Isaac's excitability and lack of patience --- he lost the mother and the unborn child in the process. Isaac was devastated, he could not believe he had killed a living thing. The graduation ceremony was tomorrow, and he didn't have the strength to face his parents and tell them the truth. So he ran, taking only his guitar and his Eevee with him.

Isaac lived on the street for a year after this, he preformed on street corners for cash and found a new companion to cope with the pain. The drugs. Drugs were Isaac's new best friend, he used them to nullify his vision of that Pikachu bleeding out in his hands, and to feel a new strength from his music. One day while preforming on the street corner, Isaac was seen by a producer who simply adored his sound, he offered Isaac the deal of a lifetime and Isaac was quick to agree. He had it all so fast, fame, fortune, and all the drugs he could ask for. It was at one of his concerts that he met him, that boy in the green hat. They were around the same age, and Isaac caught sigh of him in the crowd --- banging his head with his Jolteon in tow. Following the show, the boy asked for an autograph, and Isaac was quick to ask for a phone number. The boy's name was Kyle, and they connected almost instantly. Numerous dates followed, with the two falling hard and fast for each other. Until Isaac's overdose dragged them apart.

Isaac had mixed far too many drugs at one of his parties, passing out in a pool of his own vomit and having a seizure. Kyle was mortified, rushing him to the hospital as fast as he could. Luckily for Isaac, he was alright. But Kyle had had enough, he hated the way Isaac was living. He hated that the drugs were his main focus, and he hated the fact that Isaac's circle of music "friends" was more important than him. Kyle severed their relationship there, which only made Isaac's habits grow far, far worse. Music became his entire life, not wanting to get hurt again he shoved everyone away. His only friends were Vinny, drugs, and his music. After his breakup, his music had begun to grow more and more depressing. And following him vomiting into the crowd at a concert following a drunken binge (which was of course, broadcasted all over the news), his manager advised him to take a vacation. Paying for a trip to Whispin Town. His manager assured him it was a quiet little town and it would be the perfect place for him to lay low while publicity clamored for him.

Isaac is making the most of his new life in Whispin. He's laying low and taking it easy, plus trying to sober himself.

Other
(Anything else you'd like to add

~

leafeon.gif

Pokemon: Leafeon
Nickname: Vinny
Ability: Chlorophyll

Personality: Vinny could be described as a tomboy in her attitudes, she’s quick to jump to conclusions with other Pokemon and start fights. She also adores getting dirty and play fighting with other Pokemon, as well as pranks and causing trouble, often taking food from other Pokemon’s bowls in an attempt to stir up trouble. Isaac will always scold her but never really does a good job of it. She loves being the center of attention, usually seen on Isaac’s shoulder or following directly behind him wherever he goes, she even dances along to his shows and music videos --- often attempting to steal the show. However, Vinny cares deeply for her trainer and would do anything to protect him. Much like Isaac, she also likes keeping to herself and being a lone wolf, preferring to stay on her own and getting minorly territorial when other Pokemon, particularly females, get close to her master.

Current Moveset: Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Synthesis

cinccino.gif

Pokemon: Cinccino
Nickname: Sophie
Ability: Skill Link

Personality: Sophie is bold and adventurous. She gets along well with other Pokemon and often tries to push them out of their comfort zone and into new experiences. She is especially close to Mitch, her beloved. The two met when Sophie was just a Minccino and have been inseparable since. She hopes to have a child with Mitch one day... although she isn't exactly sure how to approach the subject.

Current Moveset: Tail Slap, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Knock Off

pancham.gif

Pokemon: Pancham
Nickname: Mitch
Ability: Scrappy

Personality: Mitch is extremely shy and reserved. He has trouble getting close to others but once he does he forms a strong bond that he hopes will never fade. Sophie dragged him out of his comfort zone and he feels the need to protect her whenever he can do to her often reckless and headstrong behavior. He adores her with all his heart, and he hopes that one day the two can have a baby... although he isn't sure how to ask her.

Current Moveset: Parting Shot, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Mind if I snag a reserve too? Got a wip for you here.

Edit: ok we got a lot of boys up in here, so here's a lady instead!

Name: Jacqueline Isabella Arianell / Jackie Silver

Appearance:

glasses.png

Jackie is on the taller side, standing confidently at 5'8'' even without heels. She has a slim, flexible figure, and though she doesn't boast much visible muscle, you'd be surprised by the power in her legs and core in particular - all thanks to her years as a ballerina and a gymnast. She's also a fast runner - so if you're a wrongdoer thinking you can bail and keep her from a scoop, think again. She will toss her designer heels aside and dash after you faster than a Swellow sweeps down upon an unsuspecting Caterpie. And it will be just as messy.

With that said, in general Jackie comes across as serene and amiable, radiating endless love for life. Though she does dress down when visiting smaller towns and villages, her clothes still tend to be a little fancier than most locals' - yet her demeanor is not. She retains an approachable aura that gets further amplified once she speaks, her tone calm and genuinely caring. She wears glasses, not because she'd have a need of them, but because she feels they give her a softer look - so when you see them come off and are met with her trademark stare, you know shit's about to go down.

Her friends jokingly call her hawkeye; not for a good eyesight, but the way she can spot a story, and the way she can stare into the pits of your soul to fish it out. Her eyes are piercing and sharp, their true colour a very light grey. However, in certain lighting, her eyes can appear a mismatch of colours, with bluer hue on the lower parts of the iris, and an almost purplish tint to the top. This is partly caused - and definitely accentuated - by her choice of makeup; red eyeshadow and liner, with a little blush. Her skin is naturally pale and relatively free of blemishes, but she does make sure to perfect it with cream and powder to achieve a flawless-esque look and hide the pesky dark spots under her eyes.

From a glance, it's clear that Jackie likes fashion. She dresses well, and though she isn't one to tote a cocktail dress or a fur coat or something as extravagant when out and about each day, even her more mundane clothes seem more fashionable due to the way she carries herself. She likes makeup and jewelry, both in moderate amounts, and adores lash extensions. Her hair is lustrous black, with long, thick curls cascading down her back. She likes to keep her hair out of her face when she can, and often combs it all to one side. Her haircare routine is as eloquent as it is time-consuming, but she does it gladly. All for the shine!

Personality: Chances are, if you've called Losmia home for more than a few years, you already know Jackie. If you don't, rest assured; she knows about you. And if you've a story to tell and she hasn't done so already, sooner or later she will sit down to listen to it, and then make sure it's heard the world over - if you're so inclined, that is. Because even though she loves to hear and write about people's lives and the trials and tribulations they've been through, she loves people themselves more - and would never subject them to unwanted publicity - not anymore. That is, unless they're a corrupt individual asking for an ousting. In which case, watch out; she's as relentless and brazen as they come, and will stop at nothing to see vigilante justice done.

Jackie likes to listen. Not only because her job dictates she should, but because she enjoys meeting people, learning new things and asking questions. She loves stories, and has a knack for remembering them well. She's inquisitive, and isn't content with just hearing the how and where - she has to hear the why, too. Sometimes she can still get a little too excited during an interview, particularly if the subject matter truly interests her - leading to her bombarding people with questions at a rate that's difficult to keep up with. If you point it out, though, she'll do her best to reel herself back. She's also a fierce debater, and will talk your ear off if you give her the chance. She'll gladly let you do the same to her in return, though.

Though genuinely caring of those around her, Jackie can, at times, be quite ruthless to perceived evil-doers. In her book, if you dedicate your life to hurting others, she has no problem dedicating hers to stopping you - through any means necessary. She can be disturbingly cunning when the need arises, and isn't above breaking the law for the greater good. She knows justice shouldn't be hers to disperse - but if it's in her power to do so, then 'should' and 'would' and 'could' be damned. She's a woman of action and has trouble twiddling her thumbs when there's things to be done. Part of it is no doubt some form of innate sense of justice - but another is the guilt she still feels over her past actions. As far as she's aware, she's hurt hundreds of people - so to atone, she must help a thousand more. It's her personal goal, and she takes those quite seriously indeed.

A similar level of determination applies for things that otherwise pique her interest, such as a possible story or a source of inspiration. She will recklessly pursue her interests come hell or high water. She's stubborn as a Tauros as well, so don't even dream of talking her down. She's bad at taking advice, no matter how logical, and can be frustratingly dismissive of her own safety at times. She calls it passion. Others tend to call it recklessness. Jackie doesn't like to worry others however, so more likely than not, you'll only know she was precariously hanging off a cliff to get a perfect picture of Losmian sunrise after she's already done so and shows you the photo. Really, for someone who loves stories, she's quite secretive of her own.

History:
Jackie grew up far from the quaint towns and rolling fields of Losmia, in the bustling heart of fashion, Lumiose City. Her parents moved there from Galar, following a breakthrough in their high fashion perfume business. Jackie was five at the time of their move, and all she remembers of Galar today are the Wooloo that dotted the landscape.

Being nouveau riche among the high society of Lumiose was a daunting task, but Jackie's parents were determined to find their place and earn the respect of their coevals. From the moment they settled in to their new home, they prepared to start a new life. Discarding their old habits and mannerisms, they draped themselves in latest fashion and armed themselves with the etiquette and vocabulary appropriate for a Kalosian. Jackie was not spared from the makeover, either - though being a fan of pretty clothes, she did not mind most of it. It was the endless rules and etiquette lessons she disliked. Yet, being ever the good girl, she did not protest - much.

Wanting her to fit in with her peers and make new friends, Jackie's parents enrolled her into a hobby they considered "high class" - ballet. They even gave her a Pokémon to help motivate and learn alongside her. The Steenee she got was a sweet little thing, and Jackie quickly bonded with her. The same could not be said of the other children. There were a few that could have been potential friends to her, were their parents not so critical of her and her slip ups as far as etiquette went. Yet when asked, she told her parents everything was fine and that she was having fun - even though she hated ballet, and she hated being alone. She just didn't want them to be disappointed in her.

As years passed however, her parents accrued more and more wealth - and when their fortune grew, so did their reputation and fame among other high society families. And so, eventually, Jackie no longer had to struggle to keep the few friends she'd managed to make; she was pelted with attention, parents encouraging their children to play with her and make connections. Not that Jackie knew of the reasons - she was just overjoyed she was seemingly well-liked. She was starting to like her new life, the glamour, the glitter.

Then she got older.

By the time she was in her teens, she was utterly sick of most everything around her. Part of it was no doubt the teenage hormones, the deep-rooted need to rebel against something. But it wasn't all without reason; by then, she'd continued a hobby she hated for over half a decade, and she'd followed every rule without question. She'd found out the true nature of many of her 'friends'. She'd realized being with people didn't mean she wasn't alone. And like most teens, she blamed her parents for a lot of it.

It wasn't difficult to find like-minded individuals, and in no time at all she found herself a tightly knit group of local punks whom she loved to death. With them, she established a band, got her very own Toxtricity, and found a passion for song; not the sappy, melodic kind, but the kind you could scream, the kind that rattled your bones and bore into your soul. The kind that mattered. She was happy, even if her parents were not. But the opposite had been true for years; she figured it was her turn, now.

That was, until the rumours started.

Drugs, break ins, vandalism; if some of the local families were to be believed, Jackie was involved in more illegal activities than she'd ever have time for. Jackie swore they were all lies and slander, but while her parents did seem to believe her, no one else did. By then, Jackie's old ballet friends had already distanced themselves from her, so she didn't really care about the rumours anyway - but her parents did. Now, they were starting to bear the brunt of her reputation; no longer were they invited to each and every high class party and happening, and some of their closest friends happened to be conveniently 'busy' whenever they tried to agree to meet. It was easy to see what a toll it was having on them both, and after a while, Jackie could no longer bear to watch it. She didn't... hate her parents, and they definitely weren't bad people. She hadn't wanted this.

Unsure what to do, she tried to clean up her act, while still retaining her new band gig and friends. She dressed in her old fancy clothes when out and about. She tried to be polite. She tried to viciously defend her parents whenever she heard someone talking behind their back. But none of it seemed to really work. The damage was done - to a point that even local tabloids started to spout some of the lies she heard on the streets.

Then, one day, one of Jackie's friends came to her with a useful tidbit of information. He knew who was spreading most of the rumours - he'd seen it himself. It was the Chevrolets, one of the oldest and richest families around. They'd been the one to write to the papers too, no doubt. Jackie was furious, and her plan for revenge imminent. By now, she'd seen the power the written word held - and she knew the prim and proper fucks were whores for drama behind the scenes. So then, if... if she could just provide them with a juicier rumour to derive drama from, maybe she could get the heat off her parents. Her friend shook his head and said he didn't know of any rumours about the Chevrolets. Jackie simply grinned.

"Then we'll make some."

And make some she did.

A few weeks later, tabloids were exploding with candid pictures, drama-dripping headlines and articles filled to the brim with such juicy details that they nearly sold out from their stands. As it turned out, Jackie had another knack in addition to music - and that was writing. She knew the kind of things the high society wanted to see, and she made sure to provide. She remained an anonymous source, and though the tabloids no doubt knew some of her stories were fake, they did not really care; after all, it brought in the money. One week, it was the Chevrolets, the next, the Donadieus, MacCulls... no one was safe from her figurative pen.

With so much tea spilled on most everyone, the rumours regarding Jackie's parents were quickly forgotten - yet Jackie did not stop. Her whole life, she'd felt utterly powerless, unable to affect anything around her. Even her own life had been dictated by society's expectations - or rather, the expectations of those on the top of that society. Now, the tables had turned. The power was in her hands. The media ruled over all.

And so, when Jackie graduated, she made sure her parents were fine on their own, and then left to pursue a career in journalism. She became that reporter; the one always chasing after the next big scoop, the one twisting words, exaggerating issues and catching eyes with the juiciest headlines known in all of Kalos. She was good at her job; at turning heads, stirring discussion and bringing scandals to light - or making them, if her search did not bring up any suitably dramatic ones. It was exciting, and it made her feel powerful - to a point that soon, Kalos was no longer enough. She started to travel the world, and soon brought her articles online to an even bigger audience. For years, her articles were on everyone's lips, even if her name was not - she was hiding behind a fake name, fully aware of the hatred and fear directed towards her.

Then, one late evening in a small bar in Western Kalos, her deeds caught up to her. By pure happenstance, she found herself face-to-face with someone she knew - or had known, so many years ago. Bernadette Chevrolet, a woman who seemed to have aged twenty years in the span of ten, looked up at her from behind a bottle of cheap wine. Her hair was disheveled, and there wasn't a shred of glamour left in her person. Though the articles written about her had been done under a fake name, the look in her eyes was unmistakable; she knew. Bernadette was feeble and tired, and Jackie could have sworn she saw the glisten of a tear in the corner of one wrinkly eye when the woman parted her lips.

Out came but one word, yet it carried the implications of a thousand more.

"Why?"

Why had she ruined her life? Why had she not stopped when ahead? Why did she continue? Why couldn't she see how many her words hurt? Why?

Why?

Jackie didn't know. Every answer she could think of sounded as bad as the next - and just as untruthful besides.

She did not finish her drink that night. She paid for it, and she paid for Bernadette's, with far more money than was necessary, and ran.

The next day, Jackie wrote an article far longer than any she had before. It was an apology, and it was a letter of resignation from the tabloid. She admitted to lying, and she offered to make amends. She shunned the culture of drama and scandals, and the people that lapped up the suffering of those around them like hungry mutts. Needless to say, the tabloids did not publish her piece - but Jackie made sure it was read. She had influence, and she had avenues, and she had more determination than an adamant Pancham. She ensured her article was well-spread - and then, she disappeared.

But she was not gone. Jackie emerged under her own name and face a few years later, making a successful career as a reporter for a news station. There, she strove to tell things as they were - be they scandalous or mundane. She was liked well-enough, but she never did reach the same fame as she once had with her articles. Writing, as it turned out, was not only her true passion, it was also where she excelled at. Eventually, once she finally dared to do so again, she started to hold a blog on the side - written by one "Jackie Silver", a modification of her birth name, Jacqueline Arianell. It grew quick in popularity, and eventually she quit her reporter career to try and pursue writing once more. This time as a blogger and perhaps, one day, a writer for a magazine again.

Five years ago, she found herself in the quaint region of Losmia, which she quickly fell in love with. Both it and its people brought her inspiration, and by now she has not only published a book about the region, she writes for the local paper and frequently blogs about her adventures, sharing everything from local stories to food and drink recommendations. Her popularity has brought in a steady flow of tourists, and she hopes to reach even more eyes with her writings each passing day. It's her thank you to the region that accepted her as she was.

Other

► Like mentioned, keeps a blog about her life in Losmia. In it, she shares recommendations of places to visit, things to see and, especially, food to try around Losmia. Since she favours smaller family businesses, she has helped many stay in business even in the wake of Orion Industries' expansion. Her blog is popular among locals and tourists alike.

► Sometimes, when no one's around to bear her witness, she still rocks out with Toxtricity, her old band mate. You wouldn't believe the death growls she's capable of.

► Is practically never seen without a caffeine source of some sort, most often tea. Matcha lattes are her favourite.

► Relating to the above, she also always carries a notebook with her. In it she writes poems, keeps track of people's stories and whatever else happens to cross her mind during the day. Writing things down is the only way for her to keep track of them, as she tends to multitask and be rather disorganized otherwise.

► Ever since the incident at the laboratory, Jackie has been after Team Lotus. She's determined to expose them, their plans and identities, and make sure they don't harm the good people of Losmia. She knew some of the researchers at the laboratory that was broken in, and is not about to forgive the crooks for what the trouble and pain they caused to her friends!

► Has recently acquired a Yamper puppy that now follows her around everywhere, outside his Pokéball. He's a baby and doesn't know how to fight yet, but he has a sharp nose and is good at playing fetch.

► Still keeps in contact with her parents. By now, they've retired and moved back to Galar.​

Pokémon

763.png

Pokemon: Tsareena
Nickname: Belladonna, "Bella"
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Current Moveset: High Jump Kick, Play Rough, Power Whip, Teeter Dance

849-l.png

Pokemon: Toxtricity
Nickname: Murkheart, "Murky"
Ability: Punk Rock
Current Moveset: Boomburst, Overdrive, Poison Jab, Taunt

822.png

Pokemon: Corvisquire
Nickname: Warden
Ability: Pressure
Current Moveset: Brave Bird, Scary Face, Drill Peck, U-Turn

835.png

Pokemon:
Yamper
Nickname: Charlie
Ability: Ball Fetch
Current Moveset: Nuzzle, Bite, Tail Whip, Tackle​

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I’m interested and would like to request a spot.

Sketchie

literally some guy
If I can just... squeak on in... also, will there be contests in this region?
Name: Joshua Hoffman
Theme Songs: Don't Give Up // Toby Fox, Abraham // Sufjan Stevens
i4onhux.png
qFUnpWQ.png
eRB7Pzl.png
ATMC5tK.png

Appearance: First and foremost, Joshua is soft. His appearance is just... soft and demure, his skin is soft, his hair is soft, his gaze is soft. There is almost nothing rough about him. Secondly, Joshua is RIDICULOUSLY tall. He has the nickname "Joshua the Great" because he's so tall. He stands at 6'8", and he's on the thin side. He's not so thin that he's awkward and gangling, but graceful and serene, almost elfish in feature. His skin is a soft pale, and dotted with light freckles across the bridge of his nose and his shoulders and honestly? Everywhere. His hair is very soft and platinum blonde, styled in a simple coiffed undercut. His eyes are large and expressive, and a dazzling gunmetal blue. His eyebrows are clean and thin, and darker than his hair. Again, his features are nigh elfish -- smooth lines and curves, defined cheeks, jaw, and collarbones. His nose is sharp and smooth, his lips thin. He doesn't have much body hair to begin with, and it's very light so it doesn't show up. He keeps himself clean-shaven anyway. The veins in his hands and forearms protrude some, and faint veins/arteries show up nicely against his skin. His voice is very open, with a sound like liquid silver, and as deep as the Marina Trench. Joshua is missing his left leg from about the mid-thigh down, and has a simple prosthetic to, y'know, walk. The prosthetic is quite light, and made of black carbon fiber.

As for clothing, he's pretty simple. He mostly wears light colors, primarily in blues, reds, and greens, though the occasional dark blue will be thrown in there. He prefers simple t-shirts and jeans, with gray converse. Occasionally he might spice it up and wear a crop top, or a flannel button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. That's... pretty much it. He doesn't wear shorts often, as he prefers to keep his leg hidden, but he'll wear them on occasion. When he isn't wearing his leg, he uses crutches to stay balanced (unless it's a short walk, in which case hopping is acceptable). He wears a woven leather band on his right wrist, and a cross necklace that's tucked underneath his shirt. He also has his ears pierced. He's kept his contest attire with him, designed to be elegant and refined. He wears white crystal dangle earrings and a silver laurel on his head. He opts to be shirtless, wearing an off the shoulder cape connected by a silver pauldron on his left side, with a sky blue dawn stone embedded into the metal. He wears nice white pants, cut at the mid-thigh on his left side. This allows him to wear an intricate white prosthetic, made of spiraling bars showcasing a hollow interior. (This isn't shown because recolor doesn't really do prosthetics.) He also goes barefoot.

Personality: Joshua is a very calm person. "Angry" is not a word you could ever use to describe Joshua. Ever. He is very laid-back, and quite often, a content person. He does go through periods of sadness, and while he's never angry, he can be quite fearful. He isn't the type of person to throw himself into the action, he has to be nicely nudged. He wants the best for others, though. He wants people to be happy and joyful. He is incredibly sweet and charming, and very loving as well as being very lovable. He loves to be loved. He loves to be dragged along to things, and he loves being with people. When he loves someone, whether platonically or romantically, he gives them his all. He wants them to be better, he longs for a better life. He hates anger, and will often leave if things start heating up. However. If pushed hard enough, Joshua will lash out. And you don't want to be there if that happens. (See: "demons run when a gentle man goes to war.")

Joshua is VERY sensitive, to everything. This is both a good and a bad thing -- he will adore the little kind things, but he's upset easily. He hates it when people call him out on this. He knows he's sensitive, you don't need to comment. Joshua is a loyal, trusting, and warm kind of person, as well as being very trustworthy. He's a natural confidant. His internal drive is to help people. He has no problems with blood or needles, and combined these two aspects into a love of nursing. He wants to be a nurse so he can help heal. Despite being very calm, Joshua is low-key passionate about everything. It can be hard to tell, because of how laid-back he is, but he does put a lot of work into the things he loves and cares about. He's very smart, and does well in school no matter the topic. (Except PE, he gets too scared and self-conscious to function properly in those classes.)

Joshua is a very artistic person. He loves reading and writing poetry, he loves playing with ink, and he loves photography. His poetry and photography are very important to him, and he clings to these hobbies as Major Personality Traits. He adores flowers, they're likely the key to his heart. He has a book full of pressed flowers. His room has a vase of dried ones. He loves beauty, and can easily find it anywhere he looks. He wants to be loved. Joshua could be considered bi, but he's 90/10 and more attracted to guys, so often just pegs himself as gay. He loves music, and has been primarily captivated with stringed instruments. He plays the guitar, the piano, and the cello, though he's been learning how to play the violin recently. He has a lovely singing voice, and can be caught singing when he doesn't think anyone else is around. Joshua is a non-denominational Christian, and reads the bible pretty often for someone who's not religious. He's also a morning person, and loves the sunrise.

While Joshua spends much of his life seemingly calm and content, there is a storm constantly brewing in his mind. Joshua suffers from depression, anxiety, and PTSD. His anxiety has a way of ruling his life, and he often lets his worries get the best of him. He has little to no faith in himself. He's easily flustered and wears his heart on his sleeve, and has a very hard time saying no to people. Joshua is incredibly insecure, and is terrified of failure. He's afraid that if he fails, his world will shatter and he will fall apart. He has kept a delicate balance in his world, and fights to keep it. He is easily startled, and loud, sudden noises will often put him into a panic. Fireworks are his worst nemesis. Despite all this, since high school, he's gone to bat with a lot of his demons and he's winning the fight. He believes in a future now, after years of dreading his own vanishing. He's still terrified of failure, and he's still a bit of a doormat, but he's much stronger than he was when he graduated high school six years ago.

In all, Joshua is a good kid. His primary drive is to make others feel safe and happy, he wants to heal people. He looks forward to the rest of his life. He's very determined, and will fight for others' futures, believing that he will find a future of his own. He is tenacious, and if he truly wants something, he will go after it. He mostly wants other's happiness. He's strong, and even though much has been thrown his way, he wants to keep going. He has always refused to give up--and now, with faith in his God and himself, he knows he'll never have to.

History: Joshua was an accident. Ten years younger than his older brother Caleb, Joshua caught his parents by surprise. His father left before he was born, leaving Rachel Hoffman to care for the two boys on her own in Sandgem Town, Sinnoh. Both Caleb and Joshua are biblical names -- they were named for the two Israelites who returned from the land of Canaan with a good report. Rachel taught her sons the bible, though none of them were religious. Unfortunately, despite being a decent caregiver and breadwinner, there wasn't much good in Rachel. She was very rough, and with her husband gone, there wasn't much to tell her what to do.

Caleb had been dealing with his mother far longer than Joshua ever could, and was used to it. He had a strong personality, the kind everyone loved. But, he had put up walls to protect himself, and those walls would never, could never come down. He immediately took to his younger brother, offering love, protection, and support. Rachel was physically and verbally abusive, to both boys. Caleb knew how to handle it, -ish. Joshua was sensitive, and broke down crying quite a bit. Whenever something happened, Caleb would be right by Joshua's side, and would tell his own pokemon, Staravia, to watch after his little brother while he was at school. Caleb showed Joshua the world, and Joshua felt almost as much joy as Caleb did when Staravia evolved into Staraptor.

Caleb was handsome, strong, well liked by the ladies, and carried the Hoffman traits of being ridiculously tall and quite blonde. He went to a specialized culinary school in Jubilife City, and was well liked by almost everyone. For his whole life, he had put up with the abuses of his mother, and he hid it so well that no one noticed a thing. Unfortunately, in return for less focus on his little brother, his mother began to sexually abuse him. Caleb took it like he had taken everything else -- just let it happen, it will be over soon. The years of stress, the added weight, everything started to wear down on Caleb. One summer day, when he was 17 years old, he felt as though his world was coming crashing down, and he couldn't hold himself up any longer. He tearfully waved Staraptor off, not wanting his precious bird around to stop him. He spent the day locked up in his room, away from everyone, away from Joshua. Joshua wandered the house alone, confused as to where everyone went. He was fine with his mother being gone, but usually someone was home. The house was cold and dark. Caleb had to be home, it was late. Where was he? The door to his room is ajar. Maybe he's...

The first thing Joshua saw was a gun to Caleb's head. The last thing Caleb saw was a horrified Joshua. Time seemed to slow down as Caleb fell, then crashed into Joshua's face as his body hit the floor. Joshua was overcome. Tears started pouring down his face, and the only thing he could do was run away, as fast as his little seven-year-old body could handle. He ran out of the house and into the woods, not knowing what to look for, but knowing that he wanted to be anywhere but here. The forest and the shoreline became a temporary solace. Maybe when he came back, Caleb would still be there. Maybe he actually saw his long-lost dad, or his mom or something. Maybe it was all a dream.

Joshua came home to police lights and investigators. The notes written by Caleb revealed the hells he had gone through, and Joshua's living witness confirmed it. Rachel was taken to court, and was found guilty. She was taken away, leaving young Joshua alone. His mother was jailed, his father had nearly fallen off the map, Rachel had no siblings -- but his father did. Coming out of the woodwork at this time was Aaron Hoffman, Joshua's uncle. He had just returned to his home in Ecruteak City after a study abroad session. He was contacted if he would take care of the boy, and Aaron quickly accepted. Joshua was taken into his beautiful large house in Ecruteak, and quickly made it his home. He was enthralled by all the art and love and life. Aaron was an art history professor at Ecruteak University, and Joshua was shown the wide world of the fine arts. Joshua slowly learned to love. Not long after he arrived in Ecruteak, Aaron gave Joshua a white egg with odd red and blue markings on it. He had gotten it from a friend in the University, and after hearing what Aaron's nephew had gone through, gave it to Aaron for Joshua. It soon hatched into a togepi. Joshua couldn't help but crying when he met the little pokemon. He named the togepi Isaac, after the son of Abraham. He had always felt close to that story, of a father almost sacrificing a son, only to be stopped by the hand of God.

As he grew up, he found a love for music, especially stringed instruments. He was started young on the cello before branching out into piano, and eventually guitar. He loved to paint, especially with all of Aaron's india ink just lying around. Joshua's whole life had changed suddenly, and little Joshua had no problem with it. He grew stronger, taller, and by the age of twelve, he was the tallest in his class, and would stay that way for the rest of his schooling years. However, tragedy struck when he was thirteen -- or rather, a car struck.

Joshua was waiting in the car for Aaron. It had been a long day at the University, and the parking lot was nigh empty. Joshua sat in the driver's seat, waiting for Aaron. It was easier to lock and unlock the car from there. He was leaning back, stretching one ridiculously long leg and keeping the other tucked underneath him. He had his eyes closed, listening to music, and opened his eyes only to see the headlights of an oncoming car. Two drunk college students were playing around in the parking lot, and crashed into Aaron's car head on. Joshua found his left leg crushed and pinned underneath the twisted metal of the car. He could barely cry out in pain, let alone move. When he was finally removed from the car, his left leg was mangled, the bones shattered. The rest of Joshua's body was still beaten up, a broken rib, a fractured arm, bruises and cuts, but he healed eventually. ...Mostly. His left leg, unfortunately, was so twisted and shattered and mangled that it had severely compromised bloodflow and began to die. By the time he got to the hospital, it was already too late. The surgeons put him under to correct his right leg, but when he woke up in the hospital bed, Joshua was missing his left leg from the mid-thigh down. It was devastating to the boy. His emotional state was already compromised, with the onset of depression, anxiety, and PTSD from the years before, but the loss of his leg plunged him in a deep depression. He felt alone, hopeless, future-less.

It was poetry, photography, and a prosthetic that pulled Joshua out of his depression. The fight left in Joshua refused to give in, and he found solace and comfort in reading poetry. He collected poems and hung them about his room. He used the camera on his phone to take pictures of things mentioned in the poems he loved, or merely things he found beautiful. It was only a month after the surgery that Joshua received his prosthetic limb and started physical therapy. With Isaac's support, he threw himself into therapy, he began to write poems, he was given a camera for his 14th birthday. He continued musicking, and overcame his months long trials of being lopsided. Eventually, he even came to love it that way. He missed feeling in his left leg, sure, but it was amusing to take his leg off in front of people.

Joshua had always been an amazing student, and despite some setbacks due to therapy and a leg, he quickly caught up. He graduated at the top of his class, and with Aaron working at Ecruteak University, he knew he could get in easily. But, the boy came across an internet ad advertising a Kalosian adventure with a famous movie star. Joshua figured why not, a gap year could be good for him. After he and Aaron checked out the validity of the ad, he packed his bags, and off to Kalos he went. He became a great pokemon trainer, but decided to go back and challenge the Sinnoh league after collecting all the gym badges in Kalos. While there, he found his true pokemon calling--contests! While normally timid, he found himself blooming onstage. He took to graceful pokemon, with his now Togekiss his faithful partner. He dropped the league challenge to full-time participate in contests, even becoming a Top Coordinator by the time he was 21. He became a bit of a celebrity as his coordinating endeavors took him internationally. It was around this time that he realized that he did in fact have a future, and that future was bright.

After gaining the title of Top Coordinator, Joshua applied back to Ecruteak University in the nursing program. While he fully intended to keep being a pokemon trainer, he never let go of his dream of being a nurse, and felt that it would help him in wherever else his adventures take him. He took two years to get his associates, and with that, left for the Galar region. A few months after his 24th birthday, spent at home in Johto, his uncle informed him that he had just come back from teaching a couple seminars in the far off Losmia region, and if Josh was looking for a new adventure, it might be a fun place to start. He's been there before anyway, he knew how nice it was, so why not?

And so, Top Coordinator Joshua Hoffman packed his bags, and set off for Whispin Town with his partner Togekiss and a couple of pokemon he was raising at the time, leaving many of his pokemon with his uncle as usual.

Other: Remarkably amazing at solitaire and other various puzzle and card games. Also facebook games.

~

Pokemon

togekiss.gif

Nickname:
Isaac the Togekiss
Ability: Serene Grace
Current Moveset:
- Aura Sphere
- Sky Attack
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
Personality: MY SON. Isaac is happy-go-lucky, nothing can bring him down. He loves life and people and joy! He wants to see people happy! Especially Joshua. Isaac is a kind pokemon, and will do everything in his power to make people feel better. He aids in Joshua's mental hiccups, and is right by his side during a depressive episode, an anxiety attack, panic attack, even just when Joshua's afraid. He is very protective of those he loves.
Other: Bigger than your standard Togekiss. Like, much bigger. 4'11" is what's written down on the pokedex, and I'm assuming that's wingspan, so we'll consider Isaac's wingspan to being closer to 5'8", maybe even bigger than that.

leafeon.gif

Nickname: Summer the Leafeon
Ability: Chlorophyll
Current Moveset:
- Sunny Day
- Razor Leaf
- Solar Blade
- Swift
Personality: Playful and childish--she is only newly evolved, newly hatched, after all. She's a quick learner, and got Sunny Day and Solar Blade down easily despite having needed TMs to know them this early. Joshua wanted to get down to business when it came to Summer, and the two hashed out her moveset easily. She loves to be cute and adorable, and prides herself on her sweet appearance (maybe a little too much).
Other: Wears a deep green bow around her neck, with a emerald stone set in the middle of the bow.

ponyta-galar.gif

Nickname: Glimmer the Galarian Ponyta
Ability: Pastel Veil
Current Moveset:
- Morning Sun (egg)
- Fairy Wind
- Psybeam
- Iron Tail
Personality: Glimmer and Joshua are similar types--shy in person, but comes alive on stage. He is incredibly timid around people he doesn't know, unless the spotlight is on him. There's something about the lights that makes him stop caring about what others think. He's naturally very kind, albeit a little naive and innocent.
Other: Shiny! His mane is a soft white and pastel blue, rather than the normal bubble-gum purple and blue. Literally glimmers, hence his name.

Last edited:

AJ2000

@GoldenHouou: You are reserved.

@InnerFlame:
You are also reserved.

@Sketchie:
You are accepted. Also, Rapidash, or Ponyta?

And with that, I will cut off SUs. Once everyone has finished up their SUs I will start the actual RP thread.

Edit: No, there are no contests currently in this region.

Skillfulness

Finished SU here, let me know what needs fixin'.

Name
: Sohkee “Key” Anala

Appearance:
cOt3JiL.png
5U95fsQ.png
3vWNIPs.png

Sohkee is a short female, just an inch or so above five feet. Aside from her height, the second most noticeable thing about her is her aquamarine colored hair. A friend of hers help dye an ombre coloring in her hair, going from a teal-ish color to its natural brown from roots to tip. Following that, people are likely to notice her broken nose next. It looks a little ghastly, crooked and lumpy, but it’s completely healed and functional. Her reddish brown eyebrows are pierced and she has plain, amber eyes. Her skin is bronze colored with slight red undertones. She has a winning smile and usually has paint, charcoal, or other art supplies smeared somewhere on her at most times.

Her sense of fashion is whatever’s affordable and things that can easily get stains out. While much harder to find the latter, she can easily get her hands on deals for cheap shirts and shorts in plain colors. Sohkee has a couple hoodies and jackets to layer that she tries to keep stain free, with varied success, and she really enjoys fun socks that she never wears when painting or working with materials that could ruin them. She also has a few fun bracelets and necklaces she likes to wear when going out, but is otherwise low maintenance. Boots are her preferred footwear and is the only part of her punk phase that she never quite grew out of.

History: Sohkee grew up in Johto, in a run down neighborhood in a small town off the beaten path. Her parents were not prepared for a kid and struggled to get by. Eventually, mom turned to alcohol to help cope while dad tried picking up the slack on his own. He was caving to the pressure and often asked his brother to come by and help on busy workdays. Unfortunately, things would not get better for the family. Once they got pregnant again, things went south fast.

Sohkee was five when her parents found out they were expecting again. Mother started becoming physically abusive once cut off from her alcohol, for the sake of the new kid on the way, and dad became depressed under the additional pressure. Sohkee was a little spitfire and would fight back when mom was in one of her moods, but was mostly quiet otherwise. Everyone could tell she was in a bad place, and it took a fight where mother broke her daughters nose for something to change. The uncle would be the one to step in and call Child Protective Services and have Sohkee under his guardianship thereafter.

For ten years, Sohkee got to visit her parents while living with her uncle and going to school. She missed her dad, but only truly felt malice for her mother. At school, she was quite the delinquent. She liked getting in trouble because she got attention for it, from teachers and peers. Unfortunately, uncle wasn’t the best parent material and let her get away with anything as long as it wasn’t illegal. She would go out after school to do graffiti with friends and taunt the Pokemon trainers going through town. Nothing dangerous, but she felt alive by causing trouble.

At the age of fifteen, her uncle passed away and Sohkee was left with little choices. Her mother was still an unfit parent, the son born earlier was put into foster care, and her father had disappeared from the picture just a few years earlier. The government decided she would be sent to her Grandmother in Losmia until she was an adult. While initially very upset about leaving her friends and life behind in Johto, Sohkee learned to love Whispin, the town her Grandmother had retired to. She owned a bakery there that Sohkee helped with and she was a fantastic parental figure. Grandma Anala, as she preferred to be called, was loving and caring towards Sohkee, taking time to ask about her day and genuinely listen. For once, Sohkee could get the nurturing she needed.

Life in Whispin awoke a new passion in Sohkee; art. The natural environment led itself to immense inspiration for Sohkee. While still a bit of a punk, she started really investing in improving her art skills during her free time. She wasn’t the most ambitious student unless it was an art class and once graduating, she continued her education. Grandma Anala encouraged her to continue pursuing her passion, but had a surprising recommendation for her degree. She encouraged Sohkee to get an associates degree in business. She knew she had the talent in art and could take more classes any time to improve herself further, but if she wanted to make a living off her passion, she would need to build a business. Sohkee took the advice to heart, seeing the prosperous bakery her Grandmother created, then went to school in Kalos. Two years later, now 21 years old, she returned to Whispin with her degree and a fire burning to spread her art to the world. She helped Grandma with the bakery while paying back her debts and laying the groundwork for her art to make it big. Which is what she’s still working on, these things take time and Sohkee’s love for her Grandmother will keep her here for a while.

Personality: Sohkee has a rebellious nature. She has a tendency to distrust authority figures and is more likely to trust someone after getting to know them. While she used to lash out aggressively when she thought people were trying to control her, she’s now learned to be more calm and think twice before acting. Her Grandmother coaxed her into getting some therapy in her teenage years which helped her immensely in recovering from her damaging past. While still prone to getting in fights and acts of violence, she knows to think things through first before acting which has saved her lots of grief.

Sohkee is still a fairly hotheaded and spirited individual. She’s passionate about her opinions and won’t back down in a debate. A little stubborn, she needs a lot of evidence in order to have her mind changed, though she’s willing to do the research herself if pointed in the right direction. She’s also learned not to talk much about her past. Most people aren’t comfortable discussing tough topics so she avoids it, wanting to keep people around her happy and make more friends. She is fairly social, working to make those connections she needs for a successful business, and though a little abrasive, she knows how social engineering works and can turn a conversation around in a flash.

Though socially active, Sohkee has very little hopes at a love life. Her broken nose is a big turn away for most people and she’s worried about intimacy when her family and past is so broken. There’s also her art business to worry about and she doesn’t want someone dragging her down. If honest, Sohkee feels a little lonely. It feels like Grandma Anala is the only person she has besides her Pokemon, but she’s afraid to go out into the world again. Part of her is concerned she’ll end up like her mother, drunk and abusive to those she cares about. On the other hand she isn’t sure what her identity is outside her art. For a long time, she just wanted to cause trouble for people, but she’d grown out of that. She has considered going on a trip to “find herself”, but is still working on paying back those education loans for now.

Other:
- Key enjoys drinking tea while she flexes her art muscles. It’s a little dangerous while painting, but Poncho stays vigilant in making sure she doesn’t mix things up. She also prefers to work barefoot when working in private.
- Her Quilava, Quilby, helps out around the bakery by keeping fires lit, he also enjoys taking naps in the warm flames. Grandma Anala also has a Skiddo and Elgyem to help out around the store with the workers.
- Sohkee enjoys hanging around the Battle Corral and egging on other trainers. Some habits die hard and teasing Pokemon trainers is one thing she still does.
- She obtained Quibly as a Cyndaquil by trading a young boy for a Spinark she caught. They were young and he didn't know any better. Her Pancham, Poncho, had tried attacking her while at school in Kalos when she caught him. They think he used to belong to someone else due to him knowing a move from TM.
- Key has started taking martial arts classes in town. She also has a punching bag in Grandma’s basement (her bedroom) she’ll use to vent when she needs it.
- Her name often gets confused with 'Sophie' and she usually just rolls with it, doesn't bother correcting people. Usually she isn't around people long enough for it to matter that they get her name right.

quilava.png

Pokemon: Quilava (Male)
Nickname: Quilby
Ability: Flash Fire
Current Moveset: Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Swift, Flame Charge
pancham.png

Pokemon: Pancham (Male)
Nickname: Poncho
Ability: Scrappy
Current Moveset: Ice Punch, Low Sweep, Vital Throw, Crunch

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Name: Beau Belrose

Appearance:
FL22n21.png
2iPlpik.png
I3bP2B5.png
eTZFe4s.png
OrZ5GUQ.png

Beau is a tall man standing at a little over six feet in height. He is slender with all-around defined muscles. He normally to shows off his strong biceps and abs with the choice of clothes he wears. His skin has a light tan that he constantly maintains so that he doesn't become too dark, too pale, or gain noticeable tan lines. He puts in the extra effort to keep his skin looking smooth, hydrated and healthy. He has two tattoos: a small purple heart under his left eye and pinkish purplish crescent moon tattoo on his left shoulder. Other than those, his skin is flawless without a scar or blemish and it even gleams a bit.

His hair is blond and very curly that he tames to a more medium level of waviness. The curly bangs are long enough to rest above his eyes but short in the back so only reaches the top of his neck. If ever caught early in the morning, one can see an incredibly messy bedhead. The young adult uses a lot of hair products, pins and often rather cute hair clips to keep the hair in a neater fashion. Then there are Beau's eyes which are heterochromia: the right one is blue and the left one is purple which draws people's attention to them. The eyes are kind of wide adding a smidge of youthfulness to the adult man's appearance.

To showoff up with his well-built and fit body, Beau wears a lot of sleeveless tops, mid-drifts and/or form-fitting shirts. The quality of his clothes is high-quality to give the man a very posh stylish look. He often changes his outfit whenever he feels he need a change. Though there is a common thing about the clothes he wears which is they are always mainly either purple, pink or blue with purple being the most common color. Beau takes very good care of every article of clothing he has, there is never a stain, wrinkle or thread out of place so he always looking very neat and prim. There two purple stud earrings in his left lobe though he is also known to wear different colors to match his outfit. Overall Beau looks like a handsome, fit and stylish rich boy.

Personality: Beau is a very upbeat and friendly person that is rarely seen without a smile on his face. He loves to be around people. He loves their attention. And he absolutely loves when he gets praised by others. He is like a little kid or puppy that constantly begs for people to give him affection. This sprout from the loneliness that he never learned how to properly deal with without someone being there to adore him. Because of this, he doesn't like to be alone or not having someone's attention focus on him. His cheerfulness begins to fade when he is by himself and he becomes desperate to talk or find someone. He is a bit on the clingy side with people he's close to, not wanting them to leave his side. A lot of this clinginess gets transferred to his pokemon so that he doesn't scare away his human friends.

Beau has a bit of an entitled attitude about how people should treat him. He grew up with a lot of money and people always indulging him, so he believes people should always treat him like that. He is a very well-known and admired model in the Kalos region, so he also thinks everyone should praise his natural good-looks and style no matter where he goes. Being quite arrogant, Beau walks with head held high and there are few words that other people can throw at him to upset him. Rude words and slanders merely saddened him about how jealous people could feel about him. Though one thing that really annoys Beau is people, especially good-looking people, that don't maintain their appearance. Seeing sloppily put on clothes and messy bedhead annoys him greatly. He finds almost impossible to not have his attention drawn to such people. This occurrence will be one of the few times others will see his dissatisfied expression.

Surprisingly enough he is more willing to compromise to get people to like him rather than winning them over with his fame and money. Often claiming he wants people to like him for him. If all else fails, however, it's not unusual for him to use them to get on that person's good side. Being a carefree type of guy that doesn't let little things bother him, he often fails to notices potential dangers. Also, he oftentimes doesn't get subtle implications and sarcasm, which gives him a bit of oblivious rich boy or dumb blonde vibe. Overall is just a very friendly and likable rich and famous guy that just loves to be around people.

History: Beau Belrose is the son of world-renowned Fashion Designer, Roselia Belrose. He never met his father but his mother told him that he was an actor by the name of Antonie Regnard. Long story short, he was the result of a one-night-stand between the actor and his mom. He was his secret child. While he was born in the Losmia Region, his mother and he moved to Kalos region when he was just a baby, so he has no memory of the place.

With the compensation money they received from his father, the two were able to live very comfortably in Lumiose City. Due to the fact Beau was in a single-parent household with a mother that worked full-time, he spent many days alone under the hired help's supervision playing with the servants' pokemon. Although It was fun doing that, it left him craving human attention. Beau found that getting praise by people satisfied the loneliness he felt. So he began to work hard on his appearance and achieving stuff just to get recognition of people around him since he was still a young boy.

Always watching people closely, he became very good at reading people's moods and figuring out their personality to best satisfy others when he interacted with them. Focusing on his looks, working hard to achieve goals and his attentiveness to people around him, Beau was instantly very popular with his peers and older people who knew him. He got attention and affection from those around him yet it was never enough. Beau felt strong loneliness whenever was left alone. So whenever he was by myself, he would seek companionship even deep into the night. A lover that would stay with him all day and night although these relationships didn't last too long.

It was on such day when he was searching for a new partner that a talent agent called him out. He was still in his mid-teens years at the time. Because of his mother's influence, he fit the part of a stylish fashion model very well. So his career as a male model began very successfully. He started to draw the eyes even more people which he loved but there still was this lonesome feeling that would creep in. He didn't understand why he felt this despite having everyone absolutely adored him and even his cute little Espurr to keep him company.

Then he saw Antonie Regnard, his father, in a TV commercial and he grew fixated to his presence. He thought maybe this is what he been missing? Beau wanted to meet him but the man was only in Kalos for a bit for a job before returning to the Losmia Region. Not wanting to give up, he decided to follow him. Taking a break from his modeling job, under the guise of going on vacation, he bought a nice little villa in Whispin Town and traveled to the region.

Other:

- He has a distinct Kalosian (french) accent and will say words that are from a foreign language. He tries to keep it to a minimum to not confuse others.

- Beau likes cute things and sweets and he is not embarrassed to admit it.

- He is quite good at sewing and stitching as he once thought about being a fashion designer like his mother.

- Beau is bisexual and will go out with anyone that is at least mildly good looking.

- His pokemon are rarely ever in their pokeballs.

~~~~~~

Pokemon: Male Espurr
Nickname: Ciel
Ability: Infiltrator

Current Moveset:
Fake Out, Covet, Confusion, Leer

Personality: Due to his natural Espurr lack of expression on his face, many merely think of Ciel as quiet and shy at first. There are some obvious emotions towards his trainer such as affection and occasionally annoyance. He'll stare and nuzzle up against Beau when he wants his attention. When the human gets too clingy he refuses to look at him and his body becomes stiff. Despite some voiced dislikes, he'll often put up with it.

Ciel is more a prima donna than he appears to be. Giving demanding vocal commands when he wants something to be done now. The Espurr typically doesn't really care for others' companionship, preferring to just be pampered. When he doesn't like someone or doesn't want to communicate with them, Ciel will just stare into space without a single word or movement creepily until they go away. Only Sebastion has been able to break his attempt to buzz off.

Other:

- Ciel was giving to Beau by an ex-lover shortly before they broke up.

- He would rather be carried than walking himself and he normally is.

- He gets dressed up in cute outfits all the time.

- With the exception of getting dress up in girly clothes, the Espurr is okay with getting dress up.

- Ciel actually really likes to play with poketoys, though he tries to act indifferently toward them.

~~~

Pokemon: Male Indeedee
Nickname: Sebastion
Ability: Synchronize

Current Moveset:
Psybeam, Disarming Voice, Play Nice, Helping Hand

Personality: Sebastion comes off as stuffy and serious at first from the way he always stands with his back straight and eye forward. Before he meets another, the Indeedee just looks at them with a stern look in his eyes almost as if he was judging them. But he quickly breaks into a smile and his voice has a polite tone to it. It's in his very nature to help others and he does wait on Beau more than a pokemon probably should. From helping him get ready in the morning to fetching him food, he is like a full-blown butler.

Occasionally he acts in place of Ciel when the human feels like clinging. Though the Indeedee treats him like a child patting him on the back and such. He also keeps an eye out so he doesn't blindly wander into dangerous situations. Although Sebastion is good and helpful pokemon, he has a mischievous side that he sneakily let's out. Normally it's towards Ciel, where he would secretly tease and prank him but no one other than Beau is safe from his antics. If he suspected of mischief, he acts innocent by going back to his serious yet helpful attitude.

Other:

- The Indeedee was gifted to Beau from the family butler mostly to take care of and keep an eye on him.

- Sebastion is an excellent butler indeed, able to perform many human tasks.

- One of these tasks is cooking though he regularly just bakes.

- He is holding the Room Service item which he will occasionally have biscuits on.

- He has a real fascination with cat pokemon.

Last edited: