1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Lost at the League! (766)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Kyrix

Kyrix Glitch Hunting Freak

Well, I'm glad that most of you were excited from all of that exciting battling going on. Episodes like this are GREAT for pacing - I mean, if we had to watch another pokemon battle, I think I was going to barf...

...oh...

...oh dear...

What do you mean we've only seen Ash use a single pokemon for a single battle as of this point in the league? This episode isn't bad in its own right, but considering they felt it necessary to use it to pad the offensively short Unova league, as if they thought they could trick us, I'm kind of disappointed. This is the culmination of Ash's and his pokemon's efforts, not some unimportant skip in the park. You guys do realize that the Unova league is only 6 episodes, half of one episode of which is "set-up" followed by the beginning of Ash's first battle we get to see, and one of which is filler - putting it at an actual total of 4.5 episodes. We've already had THREE Don George tournaments that are each 4 episodes long. I just...aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggg.

The episode on its own is fine, despite the fact I don't like the premise of the episode being: "Oh look, Axew and Oshawott are being complete morons again, ain't that cute?" No. It's not.

*rantrantrantrantrantrant*

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

This was a terrible, terrible episode. Who in their right mind came up with this?

All it is, is "Axew gets lost, they have to go find him", with no substance. Even if it didn't interrupt the league, I would still hate it for being a retarded filler.

3. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

I mean it would have been an okay episode either before or after the league, but definitely not during it

4. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Hooray for pointless filler.

5. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I'm not going to say much, because it might offend someone apparently, but there was no place for this episode ever, let alone in the middle of the league battles. This us one of the things where marketability really hits the anime, because axew should have evolved ages ago if it weren't for that.

6. moneylesswario

I doubt anyone will be offended, I don't think I've met a single person who likes this episode :p

7. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Only part I liked was the part where Pikachu and Emolga give Oshy the look and the part where Pikachu slaps Oshy with his tail XD

Also why was Stfon so...glossy?

They could of done a better filler.

8. moneylesswario

It's Stephan! XP

9. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

I find it pretty damn funny with the Emolga's double standard...it's okay for her to steal other Pokemon's apples, but when Oshawott does it, oh no that's a crime.

10. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I liked this episode. Those overenthusiastic family members were funny, and I LOL'd when Iris made Cilan shut up when he went into detective mode, and he was dejected. :D

7/10

11. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

I started rooting for Cameron here after everyone messed up his tent. I also rooted for Virgil cause he was the only one smart enough to use the Soothe Bell to calm down Garbodor.

12. NPT

NPT Just a member

An episode that's almost filler in the middle of the Unova league. It would be better if this episode was focused on League matches rather than Axew getting lost.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  13. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

This is not the first time that Pokemon did this filler in a tournment befote. The Kanto League did it twice and the Whirl Cup did once as well

14. NPT

NPT Just a member

Yeah, but they shouldn't have done a filler episode in the middle of the Unova league. Filler episodes in the middle of any tournament or league are tend to be pointless Like this episode.

15. moneylesswario

Maybe, but both Octillery the Outcast and Fire and Ice were better than this.

16. I'm going to guess Ash sent out a Pokemon he's had for a while, since it cut out right after he sent it out.

17. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

This was such a waste of time. Why did the writers think we wanted an Axew episode during such an important event??

18. Pikachu52

Pikachu52 Well-Known Member

Breaks up the monotony of constant battles. A fair few episodes set during the Kanto league didn't feature any battles too.

19. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Let's see all the things we could have accomplished in the time span of one episode. Giving Cameron more character depth, having Ash contemplate on how far he's come in his whole journey, have a spa day, establish the next region so we don't have to deal with that in a filler arc, give Iris and Cilan some more development, or have an episode dedicated to anything other than this episode.

20. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Monotony of battles?? Battling is the main point of the show so I still don't think we needed an episode for Axew to interrupt the flow of the tournament.