• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost at the League! (766)

gliscor&yanmega

Its a league battle because their trainers used them in the league.

------------

So anyway, we got our Amoongus revealed, so Klinklang left, Klinklang wil probably be the one belonging to Kotetsu then.

Amoongus and that are for January.

I saw the pictures and it looks interesting to me. There looked to be a decent amount of interactions between characters and even Pokemon. It was nice seeing everyone off doing their own little thing and how most of it ended up being connected with each other(Besides Stephan and his sauna).

Bianca and Virgil got pretty close to each other...I wonder who will ship them now.

Kotetsu needs to get a instant tent, no hard work, it just magically appears. But this is Kotetsu, he must not be aware this is Anime.

I would have liked to actually seen the battles from Ash, but oh well, at least Scraggy got a win and now we know where everything is, Ash vs Stephan is top 16, Ash vs Kotetsu is top 8, no more confusion now.

I love the end freeze frames, I wouldn't have thought they'd do it for those other characters but it looks nice to me, some are "meh" to me, but Dino is of course the best thing there, doesn't even want to show his face because even his back is the most awesome thing there...it'll be a crime if he doesn't win with his awesome Darumaka. Katherina looked nice too. The kid from today's episode looked like he was trying to be champ already.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
The ending image?

[IMG139]http://hayabusa2.tv2ch.com/jlab-dat/s/dat1354789399154.jpg[/IMG139]

Hey, are those the characters still in the tournament as of Top 16?

If so...

From the top, left side:
1. ????
2. ????
3. Flora (Lost to Cilan in the First round of the Clubsplosion. Has Gothorita and Foongus)
4. Kenton (Lost in the first round of the Junior WT against Manning. Used Golett)
5. Antonio (Top 8 in the first Club Battle, lost using a Cottonee vs Dino's Tranquill)
6. Virgil

Middle:
1. ???
2. Dino(Top 4 in the first Club Battle, Used Deerling, Tranquill, and Darumaka- the last one lost os Ash's Palpitoad)

Right Side
1. Unknown
2. Unknown
3. Katharine (Has Gothita, Darumaka, Deerling and Mandybuzz)
4. Ramone (Lost in the First round of the Junior WT against Dawn. Has a Stoutland and a Tranquill)
5. Manning(Top 8 in the Junior WT, defeated Kenton's with his Heatmor. Lost to Trip's Serperior)
6. Kotetsu

Not shown: Ash, Stephan

This has likely been pointed out, but fun to do anyway. :p

RickHoenn

Banned
The ending image?

[IMG139]http://hayabusa2.tv2ch.com/jlab-dat/s/dat1354789399154.jpg[/IMG139]

All these cotd moved on to the top 16! :D it's crazy Trip couldn't do it! XD What's up with Dino being so mysterious! :eek: and the fat kid made it to the top 16.

I had not so great expectations for this episode but ended up being entertaining.

I think it's pretty much confirmed Ash to be top 4 again, oh the pattern.. Virgil was hyped up to be super strong so yeah Ash is gonna lose to him I think. :p

As usual, I loved the interactions between Best Wishes characters, the writers did a great job with friendship/interactions this saga. :p

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The ending image?

It's a sad day when two CoTD look significantly better then Ash's actual Rivals.

Talking about Dino doing his best Akuma impression and Baldy McBaldykins doom bringing stare directly above him.

I know he has a real name, but in my Headcanon Baldy McBaldykins was the fat kid that was always picked on at school. He decided to go on a Pokemon Journey to show them. He'll show them all. He'll become the League Champion and have the lot of them exiled because apparently winning a Tournament gives you the power to make those kinds of decisions!

Oh. There's Ca-Katharine who is always a delight to see.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh so they did skip two whole rounds. Gross. I was hoping they wouldn't do that. Didn't make sense to me. It was okay. At least the rival interactions were great, which is what I was looking for. No Oshawott evolution, oh well. We could have done without this Axew filler stuff and had seen Ash's Top 64 and Top 32 matches completely.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
LOVED THIS EPISODE.

Plus:

+Kotestu's tent problems
+Bianca's ice cream x Virgil
+Dento's Detective Time
+Dento using his magnifying glass to help Iris
+Dento pulling a Tamaki again
+Kotetsu
+Garbodor and Trubbish. They were sooo cute. I do wonder why they couldn't eat the apple cores though. Daddy Garbage bringing balloons was cute

Negative:

-Oshawott
-Espeon using Psychic and it working on Scraggy. Not too bad but I woulda lul'd if he kept falling and Ash sent out Leavanny to use String Shot or something

-

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh so they did skip two whole rounds. Gross. I was hoping they wouldn't do that. Didn't make sense to me. It was okay. At least the rival interactions were great, which is what I was looking for. No Oshawott evolution, oh well. We could have done without this Axew filler stuff and had seen Ash's Top 64 and Top 32 matches completely.

Well atleast Scraggy vs Darumakka was handled better then Snorlax vs Grumpig not that it was hard.

They only skiped one round I think and the other half of the Scraggy battle.

I agree I would have liked to see the battles instead but like I said I really cant hate on the episode XD, I was laughing all the time.

dman_dustin

Well atleast Scraggy vs Darumakka was handled better then Snorlax vs Grumpig not that it was hard.

They only skiped one round I think and the other half of the Scraggy battle.

I agree I would have liked to see the battles instead but like I said I really cant hate on the episode XD, I was laughing all the time.

The only positive that came out of skipping, is that Ash vs Stephan IS the Top 16 round, like the summary for the Bianca vs Kotetsu, implied.

And I have to say LOL at Dino and that chubby guy, looking more like League winners than Virgil.

I say the writers should do something different this time. Have Virgil lose in the Top 8 to either Dino, or the Chubby guy and have Ash lose to one of them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh look, it was a filler after all. Just like I predicted a hundred times. And no, I don't care if they revealed the match ups for the next rounds; a few seconds of confirmed information about future events didn't justify this entire episode. Like, don't even get me started on Axew. I knew he would wind up causing trouble since that's what we were told from the start, but his little pity party made things worse. Yeah, as if I was really going to cry just because Axew did. Please. It's his own damn fault for getting lost, but instead of punishing him for acting like a child and causing mayhem, he gets a warm welcome from Iris and the others and we're expected to feel bad for him? No sir, I ain't buying it. If Axew isn't going to mature, then I've given up on him. I am just fed up. Oh, and I don't know why people are disappointed with Oshawott. I can't at some people actually thinking he'd evolve. Like what the heck? When was it ever implied that he'd evolve here, if at all? And what's with people implying that he was out of place here yet Cilan's little detective stunt wasn't? Okay, maybe out of place doesn't accurately describe his gimmick, but it was still unnecessary given that we had what is essentially a real detective and a rescue team on the case: Virgil and his Pokemon, who actually make a living by helping Pokemon. I'm giving this episode a 0 for the day. It was the worst BW episode ever, and definitely in the top five worst episodes of the anime for me, period. I am not playing games with this anime anymore.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I say the writers should do something different this time. Have Virgil lose in the Top 8 to either Dino, or the Chubby guy and have Ash lose to one of them.

You know there is a possibility of that happening as there is still no confirmation of there being a Ash Vs Virgil battle yet. Though we know that Virgil's Eevee is going to fight a Druddigon.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So in that final shot, Dino is randomly shown from the back? I don't understand.. why exactly?

Missed out the first round AND most of the second too, that's rubbish. Hopefully the next episode will be a great improvement, as I really disliked this one..

I hope this is the last time Axew gets lost. I get that it's not an independent pokemon, but we need to see more improvements from the little guy.

Overall it was a nice filler episode with lots of pokemon. Emolga appearing made it better!!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hmm, there was two rounds of battles here?? Ya so not filler lol.

RickHoenn

Banned
Your average filler, except this time it's during the league, so it wastes even more valuable time!

3/10 fillers suck

It wasn't a filler and wow, not all fillers suck.. there are very entertaining fillers in the pokemon anime, but if you can't enjoy them, well I guess that's too bad.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
I find it ironic how last league everyone was complaining between the two-second battle between Snorlax and Grumpig and now we didn't even see the battle lol. I am personally disappointed with this league.

RVD_fan

So at first I was confused to see Kotetsu winning a match since he'd already won his second round match, but from reading the bulbapedia article they're apparently on the fourth round? So the entire remainder of the second round happened off camera and the third round was the one that happened in the brief montage?

Look, I know it's kind of obvious to the audience that rivals are probably only going to lose to other rivals, but that's not an excuse to just brush those battles aside. I thought the first round was fine, the COTDs looked distinct and battled well. But through this episode I feel I've lost my bearings on how well everyone is doing. Even if the results of these battles are predictable, they can still be used for character development or at least showing off some Pokemon who have been neglected.

The episode itself was alright, nice to see the pokemon interacting and a couple funny moments, but if they are pressed for time and seem to be rushing things then I don't see the need for stuff like this. Hopefully the late-round battling makes up for the slower-paced episode.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers, but I have a weird feeling Dino is going to win the tournament...