• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost at the League! (766)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I still don't like having an episode unrelated to the Unova League in the middle of it, but whatever. At least is was funny. Bianca's reaction to Axew getting swept up by the crowd was great.

Rohanator

Good lord, I was seriously worried that Ash vs Kenyan was only his third fight and he'd end up in top 8 in the end, glad it was cleared out here that it's actually his fourth. Since he's most likely beating Kotetsu I can once again sleep well knowing my boy ain't regressing at least. And who know's, depending on the amount of further COTD battle skipping he could end up in top 2 or even winning. :]
Fun episode definitely, that's all I can really say. Iris just cutting Cilan's detective time off like that was pretty amusing.
I see that Virgil is facing Flora so it's most likely her Gothitelle that we see battling Umbreon. So Koharu's still open, it would be great Ash could face her. I at least wanna see her getting beaten by someone, preferably with Gothita or what ever form it's currently at. I wanna see dat reaction.

Scrimbird

Ace Trainer
Good episode !
I loved it ! And, oh, this IceCreamShipping was so great !
Looking forward for the next episode !

I think this episode was great and it was not irrelevant to the League. It is episodes like these that make the League look real for me. But yes they shouldn't have sacrificed round 2 and 3 for this though. I loved the interactions and whoa I could see shipping fans throw a Bianca X Virgil over there. The writers gave the vibe at least.

One of the better written episodes, and deserves a good rating than some who think it should get 3 just because its a filler. People don't be silly. The episode deserves to exist. If anything you should blame on some other Kibago episode to eat up the second round, not this one.

Next episode seems interesting.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
This episode was so awesome.. I laughed so many times...

Virgil x Bianca anyone?

EDIT:

Eevee's I wanna eat dat ice cream scene was adorable... too. And Virgil's face... Priceless. and Bianca's face when she sees Axew geting ran over... PRICELESS!

10/10 for a filler, 8/10 for an episode.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Okay after watching it again, I can say there were two enjoyable things about this episode..

- Virgil and Bianca interaction. These two watching the fireworks together was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
- Oshawott not learning its lesson and reaching in to take food again, then getting a slap round the back of the head from Pikachu. Kinda made me actually like Oshawott for a moment..

ricedonut

pringle user
*looks at episode pictures*

Was Garbodor using Explosion near the end of the episode? It's been a while since that's been used in the anime....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It wasn't a filler

Pray tell, how was this episode not a filler? Is it because they showed twenty seconds worth of a battle? I'm not sure how less than 1% of the episode's length automatically makes the whole thing a non-filler. But if there's something else, then please enlighten us. You always give us grief when we say an episode is filler, but you never bother to explain why the episode isn't a filler. I'm waiting for the receipts.

Anyway, I don't understand why Axew was essentially kidnapped by those people; were they just fans of Axew or did they have another purpose? It just seems really random. And what's with all the people praising the way Oshawott was punished for causing trouble? Why aren't these same people complaining about Axew and how he got away with starting the drama in the first place?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't get the whole Virgil and Bianca thing coming out of no where like that. First it was Kenyan now this guy? Bianca is really something else.

p96822

Evolve me please
Well you guys the subs are out now and I know that this episode doesn't break the flow of this League because the battle with Stephan and Ash happen tommorow. So this was an episode for them to take a breather

Haunter ゴースト

Ugh, i'm not against a break in the League, but this was too early. They should have at least held it until after Ash vs Stephan.

And again another thing that annoys me with the League, we know from the previous episode that first rounds are 2v2's. We only saw Scraggy for 10 seconds defeat a Darumaka.

Would it have REALLY hurt the writers to spend 3-5 minutes on a real 2v2 battle? Just to make Ash's Unova League experience feel a bit more longer? The filler itself was fun but it could have been cut down to make room for Ash's first round 2v2 battle.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ugh, i'm not against a break in the League, but this was too early. They should have at least held it until after Ash vs Stephan.

And again another thing that annoys me with the League, we know from the previous episode that first rounds are 2v2's. We only saw Scraggy for 10 seconds defeat a Darumaka.

Would it have REALLY hurt the writers to spend 3-5 minutes on a real 2v2 battle? Just to make Ash's Unova League experience feel a bit more longer? The filler itself was fun but it could have been cut down to make room for Ash's first round 2v2 battle.
Makes you wonder who the other 3 were that he used in the offscreen battles

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Axew Get Lost

Now, I’m going to start off by saying that I’m not that big of a fan of Oshawott. That being said, I still don’t like the way gets punished, while Axew basically got off scot-free, despite the fact that he started this to begin with.

This is basically just an episode of generic filler. I don’t mind filler, but this was stupid. And yes, I’m aware that part of a battle was shown, but that doesn’t make it any less of filler in my eyes. Anyway, just like the title says, Axew…gets lost. Yes, folks, this is another one of THOSE episodes. It gets lost while chasing a balloon (REALLY? That’s the best they could come up with?), so Ash and co. have to look for him. You'd think Iris would be able to control Axew; this makes her look bad...will it still be doing this crap when it's a Fraxure? Even a Haxorus? Moving on, Oshawott finds a bunch of apples and eats them, but they belong to Trubbish and Garbodo, and big surprise, they’re angry. The rest of the episode is basically just unentertaining hijinks (this could have been summed up in just a few minutes if Virgil (who specializes in finding lost Pokemon) took the time to help the ones he became friends with. In fact, this could have been a Pikachu short). At the end, everything’s resolved, blah blah blah, they find Axew, Oshawott tries to eat more; Pikachu slaps him on the back of the head. I'm sorry, was that supposed to be funny?

I don't know why, but the writers seem to think that random bashing (particularly on Burgundy and Oshawott) is funny...which it isn't.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This episode was funny, but I found it unneeded because, well, this is the end of the first half of the league episodes.

Though I did find Bianca suddenly screaming for Castelia Cones hilarious to hear.