• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost at the Stamp Rally! (712)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This was an okay episode, but my expectations were dropped when we got to the half point in the episode. The battle with Ingo and Emmet was what I waited for, and it only lasted 3 or 4 minutes. The sight-seeing was cool, and I'm glad they got to introduce the Musicals. Oshawott was just too adorable. Love that little nutball.

Torpoleon

Was Chandlure voiced by Vic Mignogna? Sounded just like him.
Actually, Ingo's Chandelure is voiced by Goku Sean Schemmel. (He also voices Trip's Lampent and Lampent in general, likely the one from the Litwick Mansion episode.)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Actually, Ingo's Chandelure is voiced by Goku Sean Schemmel. (He also voices Trip's Lampent and Lampent in general, likely the one from the Litwick Mansion episode.)

ohhh that was him? Cool

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
GRUMPY SWADLOON DOES NOT APPROVE OF THESE TRIVIAL CONVERSATIONS. GRUMPY SWADLOON DECLARES ALL CONVERSATIONS NOT ABOUT GRUMPY SWADLOON MUST BE CEASED, OR HE WILL CEASE THEM FOR YOU.

By the way, anyone else notice how Ash and Cilan would have owned Ingo and Emmet if they'd just used Palpitoad and Stunfisk?

EDIT: Seriously? 949 Best Wishes avatars and there isn't one of the Grumpy Swadloon? I guess I'll just have to settle for one of Ash's not-quite-so-grumpy Swadloon.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm sure the AshXIris shippers had fun with this ep lol

SmartD

A good episode. Cilan participates in the Stamp Rally while Ash and Iris walk around Nimbasa City. Ash and Iris find a lost Axew and they find their trainer later. Then Ash and Cilan fight the Subway Masters and they lose. It was a neat battle anyway.

I didn't like the Axew sub-plot. It would have been nice for Ash and Iris to participate in more things and then the battle take a good half of the episode. The battle was too short, IMO.

Azureth

Why can't Cilan just go and ask for a battle?

We already know he's friends with the Subway Bosses.

Lol. We need a bow to tell that the Axew is a girl.

Did Iris really just send Emolga to check on the Axew? <_<

Oh wow. Japanese school uniforms don't show up that often in this series. Though it seems out of place since this is suppose to be New York.

You know, this battlefield does make me wonder how you can have a battle on the subway in the games. Then again, there have been more confined spaces in the past.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So the episode involved Ash and Iris going sightseeing and Cilan chasing 60 stampers for a battle with the subway bosses but this was merely a backdrop. However, I did enjoy watching Cilan's expertise of the subway system (even though he knew a little too much, I wonder if his dream is to become a subway boss) and seeing all the sights of nimbasa. The musical was great :D, really enjoyed Ash, Pikachu and Oshawott joining in (thanks oshawott for getting out of your pokeball unexpectedly).

The story centred around a lost female axew which Iris was excited to see I might add, and Ash and Iris took it upon themselves to find its trainer. Meanwhile, Cilan helps a young girl with direction but finds she is actually missing her friend which turns out to be the same female axew. After some circles, Cilan used Emmet and Ingo to set up a meeting place, and Axew is reunited with her trainer!!!

After, Cilan is upset he didn't find all 60 stamps even though his new friend had his missing stamp it didn't count, but Emmet and Ingo let it slide :D. A battle then pursued, a tag battle no less (which was awesome just to see the teamwork between Ash and Cilan) which had flair and excitement.

Awesome episode, why couldn't it be 40 minutes so we could have had a longer battle. However, I won't complain as I enjoyed the episode nonetheless.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was alright for a filler. The only gripe lied with Elektross and Chandelure's stamina in battle. They seem like they could be formidable opponents, but that went out the window for me when they seemed to take damage from Pansage's Bullet Seed.

Exploits

Just finished watching it. What a boring episode. Only time it got interesting was the battle at the end but it was too short.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Was Chandlure voiced by Vic Mignogna? Sounded just like him.

No, it was Sean Schemmel. He also voices Lampent.

Can't remember Sean's voice? He was the legendary Goku from Dragon Ball Z!

Ash dancing with Gothitelle and Oshawottt with Gothita...PRICELESS!

I loved that scene, especially Gothitelle using Psychic on Ash to levitate him onto the stage and then they danced.

I also loved Erina (the girl with the glasses) trying to find her girly Axew.

The battle against Ingo and Emmet ruined it though. I have yet to watch this in English, I only watched the Japanese version so far.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
No, it was Sean Schemmel. He also voices Lampent.

Can't remember Sean's voice? He was the legendary Goku from Dragon Ball Z!

I remember Goku just sounded more like Vic.

Most of Sean's roles sound like Goku,Cyrus,Morrison,The random dude from the movie. Never knew he could pull a voice like that out

Battra

Very enjoyable episode it was nice seeing the gang actually have a vacation day. It was nice seeing Cilan actually use his freaky knowledge of the subway to help reunite Erina with her Axew, also the way Ash & Iris left that stamp of Axew's print was pretty ingenious. I really only have two minor nitpacks not contacting the police & the final battle with Ingo & Emmet. This is the Battle Subway I want to see them battle while the car is moving, I don't want to see just a regular gym battle in a modified subway car.

Nyter

Island Challenger
If someone left me a pawprint and a diddly-squat drawing of a ferris wheel, I would have NO CLUE what the hell that meant, So Iris' message was as unclear as pee in milk!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why didn't they just write down a note stating that they found a lost Axew? I agree that part was dumb.

gohan5

Irisboy
You're forgetting - there's no schools in the Pokemon World! They probably can't even read or write...

It probably has more to do with the freaky language they use in the Pokemon world. Has anyone actually been seen writing that stuff out? Not that I can recall anyway, and then they still use Japanese characters apparently. Just look at when Stephan signed up for the Club Battle, that wasn't the Pokemon language we usually see and was Japanese. So it was probably done to avoid that again. Besides, the note was made so that only the owner would know what it meant. Erina immediately recognized the Axew's pawprint and it wasn't hard to tell the ferris wheel.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I watched this episode yesterday and I gotta admit that it was a funny and good episode. Iris isn't even nearly as annoying as she was in the beginning of BW and I'm really starting to enjoy her character now.