• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost Cartridge Grieving Thread

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Have any of you ever lost a cartridge? A cartidge full of shinies, old pokemon from Ruby and Saphire? A cartidge with your first starter on it, or your first level 100, or one from a special event? If you have, here is a spot for you to greive. Share the stories of that cartridge, tell us about your starter, how long and hard you worked...whatever is catharthic for you.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
The first cartridge I lost was my first Pearl, that had my first ever Pokémon on it. *sobs*

It still saddens me to the core.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I remember losing my Silver cartridge once when I was about 8, and it was my first pokemon game. My family and I used to have this maid that would steal from my mom's closet, and when she left I thought she took my GameBoy along with my Silver game. It was lost for a couple years, until I looked in the back of my bookshelves.

Now I'm getting over all the things I accomplished in some games I don't play anymore, plus one that was originally my sister's. I gave her my Yellow version since she likes the Gen 1 games, plus the Sapphire version that was originally hers. I was fond of the Pikachu that follows me around, but I never got far in the game since my Blastoise was level 60-something and everyone else was underlevelled. And in her Sapphire game, I did quite a lot. I passed a lot of Master contests, and even took the time to find a Feebas in that game.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Still can't find most of my PMD games.

I suspect ninjas are somehow responsible.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The only Pokémon game we apparently lost was Pokémon Snap. The twins say we had our cousins borrow it, but I don't know anymore. Other than that, I haven't lost my games, I've been really good at keeping them. I did lose my Yellow version to old age, though, so I can't play it anymore. Which sucks, too, because I found out about a year or two ago that you CAN do the Mew Glitch on Yellow. And I really-really-really want to play it again for the nostalgia. Actually, I can't seem to find Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, now that I think about it...

Now my brothers on the other hand have lost their games: Red, Blue, and Emerald (and possibly Sapphire, the one twin has a bad habit of losing things). They don't seem too heartbroken over it, though they wish they had found them.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
I once had gotten pokemon emerald before I knew about Ruby and Sapphire and one day this kid in my neighborhood asked if I wanted to trade for his Ruby. I agreed not knowing it was just the crappier version of emerald and he wouldnt trade it back. I was disappoint for months...

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i lost my Fire Red for about a month, before i heard rattling around in the dryer, lol. lucky it didn't break, but my stuff was GONE!!!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Less "losing" than "falling unnoticed behind the desk". Now I have the GameKeeper game case my sister got for me, and now I store all my games in there. All I need now is a small lock.

⊙ᴗ⊙
My Heartgold version. I remember loaning it to a friend, and having him return it to me... but after that, it had to have fallen out of my pocket on the way home or ended up misplaced somewhere.

I felt pretty down when I realized it was gone, since I was looking forward to playing through it again, but at least I didn't have any good pokemon on there. That would have been much worse. But other than that, I feel like I've had some pretty good luck keeping track of where my games are at all times.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
oh yeah, my cousin thought that u could have 2 files, and decided to save over my Emerald file, when all i needed were 4 event pokes, and Zangoose!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
My Black 2 had basically most of the events, sans Mew and Shaymin, a lot of EV trained Pokémon (most are up in my Pokecheck so their safe), and some past Pokémon I had for a while like my Charizard and Raichu from my first Leafgreen playthrough. Then I accidently left my cartridge in my pants in my washing machine and it got screwed up in the process. Luckily this was before the recent Deoxys event and I hadn't caught the other Therian formes bar Tornadus so I'm glad I'm getting possible future events for these Pokémon again, unless Gamefreak decides to not release them (oh how I want you Shiny Genesect). I then bought my 2nd Black 2 and honestly I'm still am pleased that I'm getting to run through the game all over again.

The only other time I misplaced my Pokémon cartridge was Platinum where I lost it at a movie theatre.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I used to have a copy of Red version, maybe about 8 years ago, that I played through multiple times.
I don't know what happened to it, perhaps it was eaten by a hole in spacetime, maybe I dropped it, or it fell into a rarely-used part of the house.
Even if I did find it, I wouldn't be able to play it, since my Gameboy suffered the same fate.

My very first pokemon game, Ruby, is still accounted for.
I think.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I can't find my Emerald anywhere, it had tons of memories like the near-complete National Dex and the sheer amount of good Pokémon stored in the PC Boxes, and it was my second Pokémon game... I got it 7 years ago. It wasn't easy moving on from that day. I thought about all the wasted effort of raising all those Pokémon and just like that, they're gone.

DarthVader

I've never lost a game cartridge per se, but I did lose my save file in Pokemon Gold due to the internal battery dying. :/

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
The only Pokémon game we apparently lost was Pokémon Snap. The twins say we had our cousins borrow it, but I don't know anymore. Other than that, I haven't lost my games, I've been really good at keeping them. I did lose my Yellow version to old age, though, so I can't play it anymore. Which sucks, too, because I found out about a year or two ago that you CAN do the Mew Glitch on Yellow. And I really-really-really want to play it again for the nostalgia. Actually, I can't seem to find Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, now that I think about it...

Now my brothers on the other hand have lost their games: Red, Blue, and Emerald (and possibly Sapphire, the one twin has a bad habit of losing things). They don't seem too heartbroken over it, though they wish they had found them.

You do realize that you can replace the battery in the cartridge, right? ;) Here are some articles on some ideas of how you can do so, although I have never done it myself. :)

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-replace-the-battery-in-a-pokemon-goldsilve/

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboyadvance_sp/replacing_battery.jsp

http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/products/2209-Gameboy-Advance-Game-Battery-Replacement-Service/

Last edited:

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
My black game.

It had everything on it. And I mean, EVERYTHING. All of my Pokémon, from every generation, transferred onto it. Using game link cables, poke park, whatever. Every shiny, every event, even my dear Bubbles, my very first Pokémon. Then BOOM! I lost my DS on a bus. Never found it. Lost EVERYTHING. T^T

Wherever you are, Bubbles, I wish I could have you back. R.I.P.

So yeah, I basically lost everything I'd ever worked for. I've got white 2 now, and I've managed to get some stuff back through trades. Maybe I'll breed a Squirtle one day, who knows.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I lost all my games once for a year, except my PMD sky. I lost ally best Pokemon, starters, shinys, ect. Everything!!!!!!! Then I found them in my car a year later. Yeah. That's it. I lost all my poke walkers though.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I lost my dear Platinum version, the one with my first pokémon on it. I was really upset at first, but life went on and it moved to the back of my head. Then magically, a year or so later, it just appeared in my car! I was so happy that day that I decided to finally transfer Empoleon to a game that had a less chance of being lost.