• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
i love this episode

dman_dustin

It was also kinda weird for him to already know that Staraptor was Staravia's evolved form, though.

Also, how the battlefield Ash and Reggie used would be condidered very grassy is kinda beyond me.

It may have been common sense, Starly, Staravia, and then Staraptor plus since it was bigger than Staravia Ash could've just concluded it was the evolved form. And after that Kenny Ambipom thing (You have an Aipom but you don't know what the evolved form is?) Ash may have looked it up so he would know for all his Pokemon (off-screen).

Turtwig was on thick grass so that may be why.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
This episode is great.
I like how Maylene flicks off Lucario's Aura Sphere.
And when Team Rocket tried to offer Lucario chocolates and bottle caps,Lucario readying Bone Rush and Team Rocket thought he accepted the offer...idiots.:D

Cobalt_Latios

It was also kinda weird for him to already know that Staraptor was Staravia's evolved form, though.
Naw, I'm glad they're showing off the characters intelligence... or observance in this case. Shows they can actually put two and two together.

Funny, though Ash does recognize Lucario, he still dexes it. Oh well, at least he recognized it. A Sinnoh Pokemon no less.

Though, I love the way they portray Bone Rush; makes Lucario look like some kind of Jedi Knight. And in the next episodes, this becomes even more apparent.

~C_L~

dman_dustin

Naw, I'm glad they're showing off the characters intelligence... or observance in this case. Shows they can actually put two and two together.

Funny, though Ash does recognize Lucario, he still dexes it. Oh well, at least he recognized it. A Sinnoh Pokemon no less.

Though, I love the way they portray Bone Rush; makes Lucario look like some kind of Jedi Knight. And in the next episodes, this becomes even more apparent.

~C_L~

Well as far as I know Ash never dexes Pokemon in the movies, so its understandable why he dexed this one, it was the first time he had done so.

thunderblade12

Maybe he dexes every pokemon he comes across because thats how he records seeing them, not because he needs info on them. I remember in a Kanto episode Ash and Gary both had Oak check their pokedex, Ash had seen a ton more pokemon than Gary but Gary had caught more.

Dax

Legend
I really hope Staravia's reaction to Staraptor means something.:D

Also, I have to say that the voices were so smooth and great in this episode. Everything was done so great. Maylene's voice is very effective.

uber gon

Accept Change

~C_L~

Meh, it would've been even cooler if Lucario took out that spike bone like Kimimaro from Naruto, that would've been SO awesome.

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
But you know, I think the person who was dubbed as Maylene was the same person who dubbed Anabel from the Battle Frontier. This time, it was actually very, very effective!

Back when I saw this episode in its original Japanese, I thought that they may have changed Reji's name, but I'm not surprised they didn't.

But, since I'm a Lucario freak anyways, THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE I'VE EVER SEEN! Or at least among the best!

TeddiUrsa

One quick dub-question:

Did Lucario keep his japanese voice or was he dubbed?

fenris91

If Maylene had such a rough time with Lucario how did she catch him in the first place? Or did he just see her and decide to go along for the ride? I thought the Team Rocket skit with Lucario was cute. I thought it showed Lucario's loyalty but one of my friends said: "He probably could tell they weren't very strong. If he got a serious offer from an accomplished trainer the bets may be off."

And I thought Dawn's "I'm holding Ash back from his dream" confession was rather strange since it's not like she's messing up his league matches but my mom who was watching with me during breakfast said.

"Yeah, but who wants to be associated with a dope?"

That made me laugh so hard and put Dawn's feelings into perspective.

Cobalt_Latios

But you know, I think the person who was dubbed as Maylene was the same person who dubbed Anabel from the Battle Frontier. This time, it was actually very, very effective!
Have you been following this thread by any chance? You'd realize that Maylene was dubbed by Rachael Lilis. Anabel was voiced by someone entirely different.

~C_L~

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
man if all episodes from now on are as good as this
it will rock

lucario seeemed so cool and plus i love how dawn played a major rle in this episode

piplup is so cute when its stretching to go swim

Xtra

You will be missed:(
If Maylene had such a rough time with Lucario how did she catch him in the first place? Or did he just see her and decide to go along for the ride?

I think that Maylene had confidence in herself when she caught him. Her confidence took a nosedive after Paul beat her easily, and that's why she's having trouble with him.

Cobalt_Latios

man if all episodes from now on are as good as this
it will rock

lucario seeemed so cool and plus i love how dawn played a major rle in this episode

piplup is so cute when its stretching to go swim
Well, the next two battles are especially cool.

Dawn battles Maylene for fun, and Ash has a pretty incredible battle against Lucario.

Don't worry, you'll be in good hands for this gym.

~C_L~

uber gon

Accept Change

uber gon

Accept Change
Is super fang an official attack?
never heard of this attack before

strange!
pokemon train his trainer! how that possible?

Yeah, Super Fang is an actual attack.