• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I'm not fond of the fact that Muku.BIRD lost it's...what is it?...4th official battle? But if that's what has to be done in order to get it to pull off some massive Muku majesty later down the line, then I suppose it's a sacrifice that has to be made. He at least put up a good fight against Swalot from what I heard, giving the stomach pokémon a good thrashing and taking a fully charged Spit Up, still having enough strength to pull off a last ditch Aerial Ace.

Matkin22

Dream out loud
Hmm, Shinji already had 6 Pokemon on his team before Magmar. It seems that he left Electabuzz with Reiji to make room for Magmar, which is pretty surprising. I wonder how Shinji will feel when he learns that Ash was in his house! :D

Man, Maylene and Lucario are going through some serious training. And my bad, I'm pretty sure all of those badges and symbols are Shinji's, not Reiji's. So Ash beat Shinji in at least one thing then, the Battle Frontier. Did anybody else notice that it looked as if Shinji already has all eight Sinnoh badges?

Naetle vs. Beadull
Naetle uses an Energy Ball, which Beadull destroyes with a Super/Hyper Fang. Beadull then uses some sort of sleep attack. It gets coloured in a purple light and is surrounded by a green powder that rises from the grass. The identical light comes up from the grass underneath Naetle, and it falls asleep. Beadull then uses an attack that looks like it does some recoil damage (Double-Edge or Take Down?), and Naetle wakes up. Beadull tries to use the Fang attack again, but Naetle dodges. It uses Razor Leaf and then starts to use Energy Ball again. Beadull uses Ice Beam, but Naetle dodges and the Energy Ball hits, making Naetle the winner. Naetle finishes off with a nice nibble on Ash's arm

Mukkubird vs. Marunoom
Mukkubird starts off with an Aerial Ace. It hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 1. Mukkubird comes right back with a Wing Attack that hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 2. Mukkubird goes in for an Aerial Ace, and Marunoom unleashes a Spit-Up. Amazingly, Mukkubird manages to keep going and tries a third Aerial Ace. Marunoo counters with Sludge Bomb, and that's it for the Bird.

Pikachu vs. Mukkuhawk
Pikachu starts off with Thunderbolt, but Mukkuhawk dodges easily and counters with an attack that causes fire to surround it. Pikachu jumps towards it and tries Buneary's patented spin-dodge, but the fire vanishes and Mukkuhawk is covered by a blue aura (Brave Bird?) that smashes into Pikachu. It drives Pikachu into the ground (where there is an explosion), and Mukkuhawk jumps back into the air, but it's been affected by Static. Mkkuhawk goes in for an attack, but Pikachu dodges by hitting the ground with Iron Tail. It then uses Volt Tackle, and Mukkuhawk uses a glowing-wing thing (Wing Attack? Steel Wing?). The two attacks collide, but Mukkuhawk is the one knocked out.

DSDark

Breeder
Hmm, Shinji already had 6 Pokemon on his team before Magmar. It seems that he left Electabuzz with Reiji to make room for Magmar, which is pretty surprising. I wonder how Shinji will feel when he learns that Ash was in his house! :D

Man, Maylene and Lucario are going through some serious training. And my bad, I'm pretty sure all of those badges and symbols are Shinji's, not Reiji's. So Ash beat Shinji in at least one thing then, the Battle Frontier. Did anybody else notice that it looked as if Shinji already has all eight Sinnoh badges?

changes are the badges/symbols are a combination of pauls/reijis and there's not way that paul would leave electabuzz

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I feel those're Reiji's, since it was said he battled in the Battle Frontier itself as well.

Bryon

DSDark

Breeder
I feel those're Reiji's, since it was said he battled in the Battle Frontier itself as well.

Bryon

i'm thinking some the badges are pauls expect the sinnoh ones and the rest are reiji's

niedude

Don't forget to grin

Naetle vs. Beadull
Naetle uses an Energy Ball, which Beadull destroyes with a Super/Hyper Fang. Beadull then uses some sort of sleep attack. It gets coloured in a purple light and is surrounded by a green powder that rises from the grass. The identical light comes up from the grass underneath Naetle, and it falls asleep. Beadull then uses an attack that looks like it does some recoil damage (Double-Edge or Take Down?), and Naetle wakes up. Beadull tries to use the Fang attack again, but Naetle dodges. It uses Razor Leaf and then starts to use Energy Ball again. Beadull uses Ice Beam, but Naetle dodges and the Energy Ball hits, making Naetle the winner. Naetle finishes off with a nice nibble on Ash's arm
It's Naetoru, if you don't know its jp name use his english name, turtwig.

Mukkubird vs. Marunoom
Mukkubird starts off with an Aerial Ace. It hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 1. Mukkubird comes right back with a Wing Attack that hits, and Marunoom stockpiles 2. Mukkubird goes in for an Aerial Ace, and Marunoom unleashes a Spit-Up. Amazingly, Mukkubird manages to keep going and tries a third Aerial Ace. Marunoo counters with Sludge Bomb, and that's it for the Bird.

Pikachu vs. Mukkuhawk
Pikachu starts off with Thunderbolt, but Mukkuhawk dodges easily and counters with an attack that causes fire to surround it. Pikachu jumps towards it and tries Buneary's patented spin-dodge, but the fire vanishes and Mukkuhawk is covered by a blue aura (Brave Bird?) that smashes into Pikachu. It drives Pikachu into the ground (where there is an explosion), and Mukkuhawk jumps back into the air, but it's been affected by Static. Mkkuhawk goes in for an attack, but Pikachu dodges by hitting the ground with Iron Tail. It then uses Volt Tackle, and Mukkuhawk uses a glowing-wing thing (Wing Attack? Steel Wing?). The two attacks collide, but Mukkuhawk is the one knocked out.

The first attack was opbviously brave bird, since the animation was a dive delved into flames and then a blue aura, ending with an extremely cool collision. The other were Steel wings, since the wings hardened and shone before turning into light... Both times. Also explais why Pikachu jumped instead o thunderbolting it, since thunderbolting a steel winged bird did not go well last time...
Well, we obviously did not see the same epi... That was not Paul's electabuzz, paul's electabuzz is grumpy, extremelly bad humoured and purposelly shocks other pokemon without orders (the tag battles, he shocked pikachu without Paul even looking at it). This electabuzz has a huge sense of humour, seems happy go lucky (involved in a fight with piplup and pikachu only to laugh and perch at a tree) the things laughs more than Hoeen's electric gym leader, whats his name? Wattson!

Those badges are Reigi's,obviously, since Paul said he left sinnoh as soon as he got his starter. And since Roark did not know him, I bet those are Reigi's.

The rest is in the quote itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, a guy over at bulba says the Electabuzz is Pauls, and that Paul left it and asked Reiji to take care of it.

I don't believe it though. I just don't see Paul dumping electabuzz with his sinnoh evo this early, and Paul's Electabuzz is always fierce. The Electabuzz who appeared here was laughing all the time. Can't be Paul's badass Electabuzz.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I totally agree, guys. It could be Reiji's. :)

And for what we know , Reiji is WAAAAAY different than Paul.

Bryon,

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well i think the electabuzz belongs to Paul because Pikachu seems to know him & also it was afraid of Reiji's. Well i think the badges belong to Reiji though i am not sure. Can someone tell what Brock asked Reiji when he saw the badges. Brave Bird looked a lot cool to me (first covered in flame & then the blue aura). And at last Staravia lost again, when will the writers give it a break, the poor bird had been tormented alot already let it get a nice win for a change. Also the look on Staravia face was priceless when it saw Reiji's Staraptor.

Edit:- I think the attack Bibarel used which made Turtwig fall asleep was Secret Power.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I saw the episode myself and Ash asked Pikachu if it was pauls and he was given a nod.

Besides paul did have six pokemon on him at the time so how would he had gotten magmar aboard otherwise?

It's not like Electrivire would've stood out much considering we've see Gary's already and now people can get thier precious electrivire vs magmortar fight should Gary and Paul meet.

^I do hope that by training the bird it will be able to redeem it's butt finally cause this is getting to be rediculious, of course i have a feeling there's gonna be evo speculations yet again just like with Turtwig and energy ball...

Also anyone think Chimchar and Gligar might be the other two in Ash's battle, cause he had both of them watch his match with Reji.

Last edited:

Chimchartrainer07

Well i think the electabuzz belongs to Paul because Pikachu seems to know him & also it was afraid of Reiji's. Well i think the badges belong to Reiji though i am not sure. Can someone tell what Brock asked Reiji when he saw the badges. Brave Bird looked a lot cool to me (first covered in flame & then the blue aura). And at last Staravia lost again, when will the writers give it a break, the poor bird had been tormented alot already let it get a nice win for a change. Also the look on Staravia face was priceless when it saw Reiji's Staraptor.

Really what'd it look like I wanna see it(the birds face seeing staraptor). I can't wait please get on the ball and upload the pics and the episode and the next preview please My Avatar's going bannanas over waiting.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
That'd make sense, Zard. :) ANd I also figure Buizel may choose to step up since he loves a good fight, even if he's been used for things other than fighting.

Bryon

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
The fact that Ash knew and was incredibly excited about Lucario gives me a nice fuzzy feeling inside. I'm not sure why exactly.

Thriller

Its almost time
Unless we were shown Paul capturing the Magmar, I'll wager that he had it all along and just kept it at Vielstone and he, like Gary, rotates his Pokemon (Gee Ash, whats so bad about that thats stopping you from doing it?)

Matkin22

Dream out loud
niedude said:
Well, we obviously did not see the same epi... That was not Paul's electabuzz, paul's electabuzz is grumpy, extremelly bad humoured and purposelly shocks other pokemon without orders (the tag battles, he shocked pikachu without Paul even looking at it). This electabuzz has a huge sense of humour, seems happy go lucky (involved in a fight with piplup and pikachu only to laugh and perch at a tree)

Would you like to change your response, now that I've been proven right?

niedude said:
Is it that hard to understand he dumped ursaring?
Is it so hard to understand that he didn't? Were we even watching the same show?

Last edited:

Chimchartrainer07

I saw the episode myself and Ash asked Pikachu if it was pauls and he was given a nod.

Besides paul did have six pokemon on him at the time so how would he had gotten magmar aboard otherwise?

It's not like Electrivire would've stood out much considering we've see Gary's already and now people can get thier precious electrivire vs magmortar fight should Gary and Paul meet.

^I do hope that by training the bird it will be able to redeem it's butt finally cause this is getting to be rediculious, of course i have a feeling there's gonna be evo speculations yet again just like with Turtwig and energy ball...

Also anyone think Chimchar and Gligar might be the other two in Ash's battle, cause he had both of them watch his match with Reji.

Where did you see it at?