• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost Leader Strategy! (534)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lucario & The Aura Sphere of Rage

Finally at Veilstone City, Ash & co. meet the gym leader of the town Maylene. Ash hastily challenges her to a gym battle, to which she declines as she has lost faith in herself due to her recent loss to Paul. Her Lucario is angered by this, and Paul's brother arrives to help out...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Thriller

Its almost time
Though I haven't heard it from a credible sourse, apparently Muku.Bird is still the bird... :(

I also hear that Paul has a Magmar! >:| I hate that. Well atleast its the type of Pokemon that fits his description of a real Pokemon.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
So, Maylene only took down one of Paul's Pokemon - leading to her depression -, Ash wants to teach Staravia Brave Bird after seeing Reiji's Staraptor use it in a match against Pikachu, and Reiji apparently defeated the Battle Frontier.

Really? That is so cool, the brave bird part, well and the battle fronier too.... and the magmar part, I wanted magby!

HAHA I knew she was depressed!(Maylenne), I got the reason why she will challenge Dawn right =D

EDIT: I just realized this, If staravia is learning a new attack that means... WAY MORE MUKU.SCREENTIME!

Now am I happy or am I super happy?

Last edited:

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
Do you blame Ash? When he first met a Lucario, it was Sir Aaron's so he'd be stoked to see it. ^^

I sure hope we get some more answers soon!

Bryon

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
^ MOTHAFUKEN CHARIZARD IN DA HOUSE

Ash's Staravia gets repeatedly hit on the head while trying to learn Brave Bird y/n

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
Yeah.... But hey that lucario has some bad mood, pretty bad-***. I think he was refusing to stop attacking maylenne or something, don't you?

PReview seems to imply that. My guess is he was mad at Maylene's funk. But I get where she's comin' from, since it seems she only took down 1 of Paul's Pokemon and he took down all of hers so easily.

Bryon

DSDark

Breeder
What's the deal with Honchkrow is it Paul's?

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
Yeah. Did he evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow off-camera?

Bryon

FireFalcon

hear 'm roar
Yeah paul, evolved murkrow off-screen, because we only see a flashback of paul's gymbattle:

meditite vs honchkrow
Honchkrow wins with sky attack
machoke vs honchkrow
draw with sky attack and dynamic punch
lucario vs magmar
magmar wins with fire punch and fire spin

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
Figures.

I look forward to seeing the episode itself as well as seeing the preview to 535.

Bryon

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^apparently he did, and it knocked out Meditite but then drew to Machoke, and yes he did use a Magmar to flat out destroy Lucario in the gym battle as well.

Lol part between Pikachu piplup and the electabuzz, boy where they angry at each other.

As for the other battle Gligar tried to suffocate Ash and he told it watch.(sigh* let it fight already!) Turtwig beat the beaver, Staravia lost yet again to Swalot, and Pikachu defeated Reji's Staraptor, I don't know if Ash intends to train the bird to learn brave bird or not(it would be a good start towards redemption) or if Reji just said it'll get the move someday.

Also worth noting Ash was really excited when he first saw Lucario..he even knew what the aura sphere was when it came flying at them at the start of the episode...coincidence?

DSDark

Breeder
i can't wait for the pictures to be posted online, this one seems like a good one

neo_senku

Very interesting, reijis pkmn and his defeat of the battle frontier is interesting as well