• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lost Shinies..

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Hello,

I had a shiny Whismur on Ruby, but because it's old, I lost the data because of the time thingy (I forgot what it was, but I read that it's because the game is Out of Date).

But anyway, this thread is for those who have lost Shiny Pokemon in Ruby, Sapphire and/or Emerald :).

Dangertrout

if the error message was "the internal battery has run dry..." then your save file should be fine. it just means you cant grow berries or do the lottery anymore

Anyways, I've lost a Poochyena, Whismur, Loudred (which I didn't like anyways because I would have wanted ANYTHING else from Victory Road), Dustox and... maybe Carvanha.
the poochyena was accidental, I wanted to check something at the beginning of the game, so started new game with the intention of NOT saving. then saved out of habit when i was called to dinner >.<
the rest my bf had cloned and they just weren't special anymore. so i deleted them.

Out of the three shinies that I have lost in total, only one came from Ruby- Bluey the Gulpin. I had accidentally gotten rid of Ruby, before I realised how much shinies were worth.

Kalosian

So long
I never "lost" any of my shinies from R/S/E, but I sent them over to 4th gen and traded away some of them, which is almost the same as losing them. I don't really regret it though.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I had a bad experience, as I encountered a shiny Cubone in the damn Battle Dome...

650GSXF

Well heh I lost shiny poochyena how? Well it was when I didn't knew what is a shiny poke. I encountered the poochyena and I taught it is a game problem... so I switched of the device...

I have encountered later on about 4 shinies on B Frontier... heh

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
1. Put a shiny Wurmple in your box 2. Play the game very much 3. Clean up your pc 4. Find out you lost your shiny Wurmple
-.-

Machoke

Shizui/Brawlytrainer
I actually had some shinies on Ruby, but I deleted that file years ago. I don't really care about shinies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I had several shinies on Emerald, but I Pal Parked them all to my Pearl and Platinum. They're not really "lost" I guess but I really wish I had cloned them first. >_>

There was also this time I lost a shiny Lombre in Emerald when I accidentally killed it. I thought my Swellow couldn't OHKO it, but I was wrong...

Larry

I have a shiny Zigzagoon in my sapphire but I have no way of transferring it to my 4th gen games so it will just sit there until I restart.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I lost my Shiny Crobat Pinky when someone that I thought was my friend switched my Sapphire with a broken one. TT.TT

Indigoodra

I encountered a shiny Armaldo in the Battle Factory :(

And it was on the 7th battle too, so I couldn't ever use it. But I had a video, although that save file is long gone...

And a shiny Aipom, used by some trainer at the Battle Pike. :(