• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love At First Flight! (318)

CelebiAS

I didn't really care for this episode but I liked the last part with May telling Ash he'll understand when he gets older, if only for how ironic it is.

"Yeah, problem is I don't age."

Huh this episode taught me the correct way of pronouncing Illumise: I had always said it wrong until this episode. I loved the romance stuff.

Zamin

This was a very average episode, it isn't one of my favourites. I liked the fact that it touched on the theme of love and introduced Volbeat and Illumise though. It's nice that Romeo and Juliet put on a good show at the end.

Poor Brock, never getting his girl!

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was a pretty cool episode. It was cool to see Volbeat and Illumise for the first time. The whole plot reminded me of the Romeo and Juliet books we read in school, except Romeo wasn't a klutz and wasn't afraid to talk to Juliet.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode was pretty hilarious, all thanks to Brock and his over the top come-ons. I loved his reaction to the first time Juliet came on. Things got a little boring once TR showed up and stole the Pokemon, since it was the normal un-original TR battle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Huh this episode taught me the correct way of pronouncing Illumise: I had always said it wrong until this episode.

I always pronounced it as 'Illu-mice' before this episode ha ha. I liked how 4kids pronounced it in this episode even tho Illumise itself looks pretty plain compared to Volbeat.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode was pretty hilarious, all thanks to Brock and his over the top come-ons.

Lol, I still wonder why Brock even bothered to help the male CotD. Like, Brock got nothing out of helping someone with their love issues, yet he was extremely invested.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The courtship between Volbeat and Illumise was cute, although Romeo's clumsiness and fear of telling Jullié his true feelings was a bit cliche. At least that subplot allowed us to see Satoshi dressed as a girl again for the first time in Advanced Generation, and Nyasu tricking Illumise while he was in the Volbeat costume was amusing.

Lol, I still wonder why Brock even bothered to help the male CotD. Like, Brock got nothing out of helping someone with their love issues, yet he was extremely invested.

Maybe he was just being friendly, which fits Brock's character profile. He's a good guy deep down even when he's in love.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I kind of wish that we had learned more about how Volbeat and Illumise are counterparts of each other despite being different species, yet all we got was firefly courtship.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
That awkward moment when Ash looks better as a girl than I do and I am a girl myself xDD

This episode was pretty entertaining to watch, I have to say. It’s not my favorite but it was not terrible either. My favorite part has to be when Ash cross dressed and Brock was chasing him around, that was hilarious.

Daizy

I call you honey
I was surprised to see the scene where Ash was dressed up like Juliet and then with Brock chasing him like that. Surprised 4Kids didn't cut it out. And Ash is still as naive about love as ever.

Scorbunnie

Ash being used as a replacement for a girl was funny and May should've had that role but Ash doing it was funnier. Volbeat was so cute with how it wanted to impress Illumise.

Haha Brock chasing around crossdressed Ash.
May: You'll understand (about love) when you're older.
Yeah when he meets Serena he'll understand.