• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love At First Flight! (318)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Love At First Flight!

During their travels, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who is in love with a girl he does shows with. Ash & Co. decide to help him win her over but Team Rocket have their sights on his Pokémon. Will they all succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Well, the British accents were a bit entertaining, and it's good to see they make SOME reference to other nationalities. Beat's voice was irritating, the other Volbeat's were fine, and Illumise's was cute. I like the romance and stuff, and Ash telling Romeo that he was sick was FUNNY!!!

Overall rating:
6.6 out of 10!!
A decent filler, and I'm glad I got to see it since it was SUPPOSEDLY banned.

Chris

Old Coot
I'm not entirely sure since I haven't seen the episode in Japanese, but I do think all of the Volbeat kept their original voices as well due to hearing a few "Boru Borubeat!" shouts here and there. >>

S

slysunshine

I'll give my review of this one now since I just saw it yesterday.

Let me start off by saying I loved Volbeat and Illumise!

Watching it wasn't near as fun as I thought it would be since I had already read all about it and knew exactly what was going to happen. Oh well. It was still a good episode. :)

I thought it was kinda strange how May was all of a sudden interested in love, but it was cute. The Advanceshipping hint was not all that I thought it would be. I don't even consider it a hint, which I guess is a good thing considering I'm actually a Contestshipper.

Great episode. 8/10. Would've been higher if I had seen it Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokémon Master Josh

Orange Champion
I just saw this episode, and I was really ****** on how they pronounced Illumise.
They said "Il-oo-mee-zey", but if it was said like that, wouldn't it be spelt Illumisé?

It was funny, Brock was irritating, May was playing the matchmaker, Ash was being naive (again) and Romeo was funny!

I hope, in a future episode, Ash and co. return for Romeo and Juliet's wedding! I can see it now, Romeo and Juliet, Beat and Illumise, The other 4 Volbeats being ushers!

Z

ZTcrazy

I've just finished watching this episode in the UK. So...

Voices: Volbeat and Illumize's voices were excellent, just as I thought they were going to be. Romeo and Juliet's voices were ok. Not the best, but ok. They were a bit irritating as well.

Pokemon: Volbeat and Illumize were drawn well and their attacks were showed brilliantly. I especially liked Signal Beam.

Characters: Romeo and Juliet were weird. Juliet asked Romeo to marry her when they were adults? Strange...well, I guess they were only kids at the time. It was funny when Ash and co. were practising with Romeo about his love for Juliet.

Content: A good story line and plot, and it got you excited at the start when they all go into the water. Good to see Mudkip again! ^_^ There were some funny things here and there, especially the love part. I laughed my head off when I saw TR dressed as Volbeat and Illumize! Too bad they didn't make a baby evolution for them, Meowth could have dressed up for that!

Overall, good filler. 8.5/10. I would have given it 9/10 if Treecko had stared in it, j/k!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

good ep! only appeared on uk tv today! it was good! exept i never thought Illumize would be pronounced the way it is

some bits where very funny like when brock went running after Ash when he was dressed up as juliet...but the names of romeo and juliet where predictable since its about love........good ep

7/10

A

Alakazam

Just watched it on Sky One Mix.

Illumise's voice was cute, and I liked Volbeat, but how on earth did Ash manage to fit into TR's machine anyways? That part where Brock chases Ash because he thinks Ash is a girl was REALLY funny. And this episode had too much love <3. Romeo and Juliet, and the excellent Pokemon. So first the Nidorans, and now the twin bugs, so if there is another pair in the 4th Gen, you can probably expect to see an episode about them.

Also the intro was neat. I forgot it was on yesterday, but it was a wicked intro, much better than the old one IMO. And I'd like to say thanks to Pokemonisgr8, as without her sig I would not have known they were on!

F

Factory Head Noland

I've juse watched this on Sky Mix and it's not that bad an episode, I quite liked the way they pronounced Illumise.
I liked it when we got to see Mudkip and Lotad! They are great partners in saving!
I was funny when Romeo sat on Corphish, lol.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Yeah it was alright, I not really into "love-based" episodes, particularly Romeo and Juliet! It was obvious I guess that they were going to dub it in stereotypical posh Hugh Grant style English accents, then again I suppose they were hardly going to sound like cockneys :p

May being obsessed with love reminds me more and more of Misty everyday! (clone*cough*). Brocks obsession with Juliet wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, it was a bit too repetitive at times, although the chasing Ash bit was quite good. Same can be said as always for Team Rocket, clever motto, good plan, arsed as usual up by Ash and Co, then they go "blasting off again and again and again and again and again again and again and again(Though thats what makes them so funny! :D)

Also, Um why didn't Ash and all the Volbeat not get shocked when Pikachu released a Thunderbolt inside the vacuum?! They all seemed to have survived harmlessly!

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

This was quite a good filler but not as good as i'd thought. One thing that ticked me off was how they pronounce Illumise. That was annoying. I did like Beat's voice though. It sounded like he was saying "Bobby". I just had to laugh.

I loved it when Brock was chasing Ash in the disguise as Juliet. "Brock's going too far. Please help me!". lol.

The signal beam debut was pretty good. I loved how it was done.Pretty powerful move, i must say.

Overall Rating: 8/10

F

Factory Head Noland

Signal Beam was really cool, I was really colourful. What a cool move.

I always thought that Ash and the Volbeat were in love (when their eyes are all spirally) but now I know that it's because they were stuck in that machine.

You know how Ash told Pikachu to use Thunderbolt when they were spinning around? Shouldn't it have shocked Ash and the Volbeat aswell?

Last edited by a moderator:

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Well, it appears that ppl have been nearly posting on at least 10 of the threads, just for fun, or to make there posting rate higher...

that's stupid...

Chris

Old Coot
Katsuya said:
New Intro > Everything
Gotta disagree. This one is as bad as Master Quest's opening. Give me Advance Adventure or The Challenger over Advance Challenge any day. :\

I believe Satoshi and the Volbeat all got shocked as well, but they were too darn dizzy to really notice after coming out of the vacuum. XD

F

Factory Head Noland

Oh right, it was funny when they were dizzy.

I love the new intro, it's so cool and rocky and feel good.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Pokemonisgr8 said:
Oh right, it was funny when they were dizzy.

I love the new intro, it's so cool and rocky and feel good.

Well, Pokemonisgr8...i see you post A LOT on this EPISODE DISSCUSSION SECTION...i wonder why? hmm...w/e

well, this was good, i think...i only saw half of it...and that half was pretty good.

F

Factory Head Noland

Well my favourite part of Pokemon is the episodes, I just love the series it's my favourite TV show. I like the TV show better than the games so I don't really post in the games sections very much. I love this episode section!

Trillian

The hoopy frood
The best Hoenn filler so far, in my opinion. The story was really good, though Romeo and Juliet has been overworked already. Despite that, my favourite part would have to be Ash in Juliet's costume, very funny! I really took a liking to Romeo, and I'm glad this kind of filler has come in again. I liked the nidoran one (a lot like R&J aswell) in the Orange Islands and the one with the silver feather brooch in Johto. It reminds us that not all people in the pokémon anime are oblivious to love!

I like the new opening song, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I always pronounced Illumise's name 'Ill-oom-eyes' rather than 'Ill-oom-ees-ay', and found out I had been saying Plusle's name wrong, as I pronounced it 'Plulse' (the trainer's choice thing, or whatever it's called).

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Alot of people are confused with Illumise's pronounciation. And I don't blame them because of the British accents in the episode. It's not Ii-luu-me-zay, but rather Ii-luu-me-zeh. If it were the other way around it'd be spelled Illumisé. :s