• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love Attack

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
I was curious to see if people actually read Love Attack.

I've just recently got the first two (There are 8 so far in Japan) and I fell in love with it ever since.

It's set in highschool but it's not like any of the others that I have read. It's about a girl name Chiemi who is not even half way in her first term where she had already been suspended twice for fighting. She gets hauled in front of the teacher once more and is told that she is facing being expelled.

However, the teacher gives her a choice, face being expelled or reform the bad boy at school, Hirata, who also goes by the nickname 'Deranged Devil' Needless to say, she accepts the challenge.

Sending him a flying kick (Yes, you are reading this correctly), she tells him to wise up his acts and stop fighting then he ask her out (Seems like it works, kicking a guy to get them to ask you out).

The funny thing about this series is that it's not HOW the characters get together, it's HOW they stay together as its obvious that they are together from the end of the first chapter and they encounter funny scenes on the way for example, Chiemi's friends, while they do have her best interest at hearts, they suck when it comes to being good friends as they ask Chiemi if she and Hirata have had sex - needless to say, Chiemi's mind is in the gutter on their first date because she is convinced he is wanting something more than she would be willing to give.

Not to mention that Chiemi's very obessive and clingy cousin is transferred to their school and is always cutting into Chiemi and Hirata's time, much to Hirata's annoyance as it is not against the law for cousins to marry - thus getting him jealous. Interesting ending where Hirata is forced to save his girlfriend and gets a reaction that is unexpected (I'm not giving it away).

Although, the best part about the book is when the 'scariest couple' is having an argument, the entire class is either hiding under tables, chairs, jackets, books, pots and pans - basically anything they can get their hands on which is pulled off fantastically with racoons expressions - even the teacher is scared!

The second book is just as hilarious as the first one as Hirata meets Chiemi's family for the first time and you know the saying 'like father, like daughter'? It isn't far from the truth in this story as Chiemi's father is a retired Pro wrestler who has the need to test Hirata in order for him to prove his worthness to date 'Hella Great Yusa' precious baby girl. - of course, you have the bit where Hirata finds out that he is the only boyriend that Chiemi has brought home, boosting his ego.

I had picked this manga up because I thought it looked interesting and the girl on the front seem to remind me of Tifa (From Final Fantasy) for some reason but I think it's a good series and I can't wait to see the following (Only hoping that Chiemi and Hirata do stay together as I have seen some brief problems in the later series - if anyone has read this in Japan, please let me know what's happening so far! Via PM)

Has anyone else here read it or is it just an diamond in the rough?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I've flipped through it... I didn't think it was that original, though. Love/hate relationships are very common in manga. With physical fighting, Full Metal Panic might be the best (though it's shonen, and has a lot of action in it). My favorite is Love Com, which doesn't have much physical fighting, but the verbal is great, and so is the romance. The class isn't scared of this couple's fights- they think it's funny and joke about them being a comedy duo.

Anyway... as for what happens, I'm sure they get together. Couples in shojo manga... in any manga, really, usually get together. Especially if it's a comedy and not so serious. I'd bet money on the two in Love Attack getting together. Unless there's a tragic ending (which I doubt), the manga-ka's not going to not have them get together when the whole point of the manga is to watch their relationship grow.

Haine

I have read Volumes 1 & 2. I really love this manga - its one of my faves. Its so funny. XD