• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love for All the 649

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Welcome!

I wanted to start this thread because many pokemon don't get love just because they aren't "good for competitive play". I blame damn Smogon for this, but let us not discuss Smogon yet.

I am the kind of person who trains just about any pokemon. Some of the most unloved pokemon can be very reliable, such as Delcatty and Farfetch'd.
If I like a pokemon I raise it. And most of my pokemon aren't for competitive play, anyway.

An example is the team I raised when I restarted my SoulSilver. The team is as follows:

Mightyena - Fire Fang, Crunch, Iron Tail, Thunder Fang.
Mismagius (a Misdreavus at the time I beat Lance) - Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Perish Song.
Slowking - Ice Punch, Zen headbutt, Aqua Tail, Slack Off.
Nidoqueen - Crunch, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Brick break.
Mawile - Iron Head, Rock Tomb, Iron Defense, Baton Pass.
Farfetch'd - Fly, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Steel Wing

Now, do you see what I did there? How often do you see those pokemon on wifi? And yeah, I ditched my starter. Point is, I don't look at stats or tiers to determine the pokemon I raise. They're not even EV trained and I beat the game with them.

So, whoever loves all 649 pokemon, this is the perfect place for you. If you have an amazing team story regarding the unloved pokemon, feel free to share!

Grei

not the color
I just recently used an Unfezant. That bird gets so much hate. Everyone calls it weak and useless, but this bird beat Marshal for me.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
I destroy with my shiny swalot and shiny marowak.

shengar

Silent reader
If I'm remember it right, 30% of people yse Hydreigon for competitive battling and 14% of used moved is Protect. That just plain boring. That's why although I'm quite care about the nature of my pokemon (as long as it doesn't have hindering nature, it's fine), and EV train them, I never actually go into competitive battling.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
The thing that annoys me is if you use a Pokemon from OU, people think, "O my God, your just using that because its good."

Accipitri

Space relic
I like this thread :3
I'm trying to use mostly NU/RU/some UU pokemon on Random Matchups. My team of Durant, Throh, Mandibuzz, Archeops, and sometimes Venomoth or Empoleon does great in rotations.
Ingame I always use whatever pokemon I want. I usually try to fit bug and poison types onto my teams, even (heck, especially) the bad ones. I don't care if Ariados and Beedrill suck, I'll still use them.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
People just love to hate on gurdurr because of its name.

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
I absolutely love this thread!
I feel the exact same way about Pokemon, it's a game! Games are for fun, so play them for fun, it doesn't need to be a competition!
I like the way you think! c:

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
in game, idc if the pokemon sucks, i've beaten alder with an lvl93 evo-karp(eviolite magikarp) competitively, well thats different story

Moneyy

INACTIVE
You should be able to use whatever you want, but if you go into an OU battle with UU Pokemon you'll get destroyed.

Geekachu

Oh god same. I used Unfezant all through my pre-E4 playthrough, and personally I loved the guy. Granted, Reuniclus made Marshal a walkover but Unfezant still served me well ^^

I find it a shame how people immeadiately cast him aside as a crummy bird with an awful movepool, in my books he's a cool bird.

They hate on him for his name? XD (I like Gurdurr btw lol) and Delcatty is awesome as well.

Since we got Magikarp here, then I guess I can say that I have a favorite who gets soo much undeserved hate it isn't funny. See Gothitelle in the avie, she's the one I'm talking about. I call mine "the samurai" because she fights like one in Random Matchup. Competitive battles can be fun. Here's a set I use

Dark Pulse - HP Fight - Psychic - CM

even with my slightly physical ninja-ish set

Psychic - Brick Break/Low Sweep - Rock Slide - Shadow Ball

I still win, believe it or not XD Unfortunataly, I cant get on Wifi anymore so I can fight anymore :[

You should be able to use whatever you want, but if you go into an OU battle with UU Pokemon you'll get destroyed.

Not nesserally true. I have a NU pokemon and I've beaten Pokemon like Tyranatar and Reuniclus with it. :p

Grei

not the color
Oh god same. I used Unfezant all through my pre-E4 playthrough, and personally I loved the guy. Granted, Reuniclus made Marshal a walkover but Unfezant still served me well ^^

I find it a shame how people immeadiately cast him aside as a crummy bird with an awful movepool, in my books he's a cool bird.

Yeah. I was one of these people, actually. Unfezant is awesome. Cool design, powerful, and usable even with a small movepool. Return/U-Turn/Fly or Sky Attack/Quick Attack serves me very well.

Since we got Magikarp here, then I guess I can say that I have a favorite who gets soo much undeserved hate it isn't funny. See Gothitelle in the avie, she's the one I'm talking about. I call mine "the samurai" because she fights like one in Random Matchup. Competitive battles can be fun.

Well this was a surprise. :rolleyes:

I suppose I'll say this: I take back everything bad I've said about Gothitelle. Not because I now think she's good, but because I've never used her, and so I can't justifiably say that she's bad. It's not fair for me to say such things when I haven't actually used her. :redface:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter

To be honest with you, I didn't even know his name for the longest time because when I got my Timburr, I nicknamed it Doza. And then it evolved and then evolved again (borrowed my fiancees game and his Black) and it was like "Congrats! Your Doza evolved into a Conkeldurr!" I was like o_O A WHAT? But he is beast.

I love my little pink Pachirisu. I poorly attempted to EV train her (didn't read on how to do it beforehand which= Epic Fail). She wiped the floor with my friend's Dragon team almost by herself. I love her! :)

KickAsh

halted development
Stunfisk.
I know, I know. But I really like that guy. His design never fails to make me happy, and not to mention he's pretty handy--great dual STAB, acceptable type coverage, you know. Also his cry never fails to make me laugh.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
To be honest with you, I didn't even know his name for the longest time because when I got my Timburr, I nicknamed it Doza. And then it evolved and then evolved again (borrowed my fiancees game and his Black) and it was like "Congrats! Your Doza evolved into a Conkeldurr!" I was like o_O A WHAT? But he is beast.

I love my little pink Pachirisu. I poorly attempted to EV train her (didn't read on how to do it beforehand which= Epic Fail). She wiped the floor with my friend's Dragon team almost by herself. I love her! :)

Have you heard of the funny way to say his name http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHl06CPw0iU

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Can I at least say that there is no Pokemon I dislike?

Politoed is also very awesome.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I just recently used an Unfezant. That bird gets so much hate. Everyone calls it weak and useless, but this bird beat Marshal for me.

I like him. I just don't use him because I have been with my Wargle for so long.