1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Love for All the 649

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by QueenZoroark, Aug 8, 2011.

1. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

Most of the Smogon hate comes from people that don't get that there's a difference between the in-game side of pokemon (where you can sweep anything when you're 10 levels higher) and competitive pokemon (where the pokemon are at the same level and you face a human opponent, not some computer that will never switch). It's right in their mission statement.

What Smogon says hasn't had an effect on me for using pokemon like Luxray, Ursaring, Whiscash (MVP of my recent Platinum playthrough), Swana, Cacturne, Manectric, Wailord, and Crustle on my playthroughs. But my competitive teams? Yes I will look for better pokemon than something cute or gimmicky. I try not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

I can find uses for all fully evolved pokemon...except spinda, unown, and luvdisc...those pokes are lost causes...my personal favorite NU's and UU's are zangoose, dodrio, stoutland, dunsparce, kecleon, azumarill, purugly, persian, and cinccinno...wow I realized I just listed a crapload of normal types...

3. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

WHAT? My Jigglypuff sucks because it's unevolved and puny?

"Jigglypuff Jigglyyyyyyy PUFF"

Oh Ur Pokemon seem to have fallen asleep...
    Who's snoozin now?

Don't judge a book by its cover.

4. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

^ My White team werent EV trained or evolve proply before entering e4 the first time and I was fine wit' it, nya

5. Meowth City

Meowth City ♥ Shipper ♥ Staff Member Moderator

^ Same here. I don't do EV training anyway. I used Musharna and Liepard even though they both were weak.

6. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

^ Yeah xD all I done was SR'd or use a reviver/potion-slave Pokemon to heal any of my fainted Pokemon for that matter when I loose, nya

7. deokishisu.123

deokishisu.123 Justified Trope

I never liked Smogon and the way they deal in Online battling. Personally, they rate all the good Pokémon bad and make up s--t about them to make the general public think their not worth it.

8. Phoopes

Phoopes There it is.

Most hated of all time by generation:
    1: Magikarp
    2: Delibird
    3: Luvdisc
    4: Burmy
    5: Stunfisk

9. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Gotta love that braviary.

10. You wouldn't last in PO lol

11. Karpi

Karpi Forever a pirate

Some of my favorite pokemon ever are considered bad! The pokemon team I bonded with way back in Sapphire version was Chimecho, Armaldo, Milotic, Glalie, and Camerupt, all of which are apparently bad. I don't think so!

Armaldo was my most-used pokemon ever. He could fit into almost any strategy. Speaking of which, in double battles I would use him and Glalie because I could use Glalie's Explosion to take out pokemon I otherwise couldn't handle (Suicune, Heracross, who according to smogon is also bad, which I completely DO NOT BUY at all - he scares me).

Milotic was by far my most reliable pokemon. When it came down to the end, I could usually rely on him to pull out a win. Compare it to Iris's Excadrill in the anime - she uses her other pokemon, but when there's a really tough battle, she sends it out to destroy!

And then there's the other pokemon that I love but never ended up training... Bronzor, Tentacool, Beedrill, Vigoroth, Kirlia, Magcargo, Butterfree, Clamperl... the list goes on but those are the main ones I think are awesome.

12. emboarrocks

emboarrocks #1 emboar fan

I never liked smogon.Despite what they said about Emboar,I still use it.

13. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

That's not love for all the 649!!!

14. TheEmeraldKnight

TheEmeraldKnight Lookin' for Shinies

I like all the pokemon in the game. There isn't a one I find dumb or stupid. I even use jynx sometimes on the random match up and I kick ***** with her..... most of the time.

15. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

^ Now THAT'S LOVE for all 649...

I love am all too. No matter what Pokemon displays, They had me at Bulbasaur!

16. deokishisu.123

I tend to use Deoxys for pwning trainers. He is a very cool guy, and is the best Pokémon of all time. :)

17. POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! Well-Known Member

I try my hardest to love all of the Pokémon we currently have, but it's a little hard for me to feel love for every single one of them.

18. deokishisu.123

How can it be hard? Just love the game, and you love all Pokémon.

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

When you all say "Smogon says its bad" are you all talking about reviews for OU or what?

20. deokishisu.123

All of it.