• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love for All the 649

abrar14

Statter Master
love for all 649........including stunkfish and magikarp

Accipitri

Space relic
I personally don't have much harsh feelings towards Smogon, since they're just observing what's effective and organizing the info. I can't make their study subjects stop using Thundurus and start using Venomoth. Granted, I only go there for tiers and sets, so I don't much about the actual community.

kablay

Freek
Most of the Smogon hate comes from people that don't get that there's a difference between the in-game side of pokemon (where you can sweep anything when you're 10 levels higher) and competitive pokemon (where the pokemon are at the same level and you face a human opponent, not some computer that will never switch). It's right in their mission statement.

What Smogon says hasn't had an effect on me for using pokemon like Luxray, Ursaring, Whiscash (MVP of my recent Platinum playthrough), Swana, Cacturne, Manectric, Wailord, and Crustle on my playthroughs. But my competitive teams? Yes I will look for better pokemon than something cute or gimmicky. I try not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

That last part's funny XD But yeah, I agree with you.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Eh...I agree with Smogon about a few things. I can accept most ubers, but, seriously, why my dear Garchomp? I have a team of dragons (because I am an Elite 4 on a froup in FB) and nearly every time I go into battle and send out Chompy, my opponent goes "WUT NO FAIR GARCHOMP IS UBER!!!1111!!!1" and it simply annoys me. Doesn't anyone realize Frosslass and Lapras totally cripple it? Oh right, poor guys are umderused :(

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
Go Read Garchomps Page on Smogon. 5th Gen. That thing is a beast(& even in ubers its still a beast because it outspeeds almost everything) with sandstorm hax on it side.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
99% of people that used Garchomp in OU used it with Stand Stream, which meant everyone had to build their teams around stopping both. Froslass is frail. Lapras is slow. And Ice typing sucks defensively (and lots of chops carry a Fire move). And it's bulky enough to survive an Ice attack with a Yache berry. It's faster than most of its counters with 102 base speed, and lots of people like to use a Choice Scarf. This conversation's old.

Also they try to avoid complex bans; they are a slippery slope. Next thing you know they would legalize defensive Rayquaza with a Sassy nature, holding a Flame Orb, no ExtremeSpeed, and the only Dragon move you can use is Twister.

Drat

Don't Bother None
Smogon tiers only affect you if they let them, but you're putting yourself at a severe disadvantage when you go up against any OU team with a group of weak favorites. Doesn't mean you have to stop liking that pokemon, or even stop using them, just recognize that they won't do as well due to limits in their stats programmed in the game's code.

zerofield

i miss miror
people blow things like this way out of proportion. pokemon are not created equal. that's the honest truth. altaria is not as good as garchomp. emolga is not as good as thundurus. if you really want to "show your love for them"... there's a reason ingame play exists. i also see a lot of hate for smogon. smogon does not arbitrarily decide the teirs and what pokemon are considered "good". its all decided by what people actually use. its not a bunch of diabolical garchomp cultists who want to push all other pokemon into oblivion. you can go ahead and say that pachirisu or raticate can beat salamence and gliscor, but it wont change whats programmed into the game.

pickledArbok

I don't love them all but like training pokemon that most people don't use, Iv'e got a great mime jr. thats lv.100 and am currently trainning a bellsprout and surskit who are lv.68 and 70 respectively.

I can love everything EXCEPT Tynamo. It's useless, and hard to find.

jwla

I have a huge list of six of each type of Pokemon that are my favorites. This list includes "unpopular" Pokemon like Stunfisk, Mawile and so on. I love them all equally, but just don't use some of them. This is usually because of WHEN they become available in game, etc.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
many pokemon don't get love just because they aren't "good for competitive play".

I agree with this, but I personally don't go with the idea. Most of the pokemon I love aren't good for competitive play, and a lot of the ones that are (Conkeldurr, Garchomp, Magmortar, and a lot of legendaries to name a few) are some of the ones I hate more than any others. I used a Cacturne in my Emerald team, a pokemon that I've never seen in anyone else's team, and she is amazing!

BlazingCold

I agree with this, but I personally don't go with the idea. Most of the pokemon I love aren't good for competitive play, and a lot of the ones that are (Conkeldurr, Garchomp, Magmortar, and a lot of legendaries to name a few) are some of the ones I hate more than any others. I used a Cacturne in my Emerald team, a pokemon that I've never seen in anyone else's team, and she is amazing!

Yes. Just like Arcanine or Bibarel.

never see them.

Bibarels a good baton passer, if you ask

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
All Pokemon can be good!!! it just takes ¢řęātīvițγ!!!

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I absolutely love my Golurk and Darmanitan those two guy have been nothing but pure awesomeness throughout my White version, I als goin in generations my favorite underdogs have been

- Fearow (once won FR champion battle for me)
- Meganium (always been reliable in a pinch even in G/S/C days)
- Entire Team (Blazekin, Breloom, Aggron, Flygon, Absol, Walrein)
- Rampardos