• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love for All the 649

Rohanator

There's no Pokemon that I truly dislike. Some I don't really care for but I could use anything really. Pretty much I just choose my favourites, my fav Poke of all time is Torkoal, so I use him a lot along with Torterra, Unfezant and many other underrated guys. Of course, the Poke doesn't have to be underrated for me to like it, some of my favourites are still Starmie, Gliscor and Forretress which are all OU.

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Yeah, I also raise other hated or ignored pokemon like Torkoal, Stunfisk, Magcargo, Sunflora etc.

PS: Am I the only one who EV trains pokemon but doesn't battle much?

Rohanator

Yeah, I also raise other hated or ignored pokemon like Torkoal, Stunfisk, Magcargo, Sunflora etc.

PS: Am I the only one who EV trains pokemon but doesn't battle much?

lol I just recently raised a Stunfisk and a Magcargo. :D And I've kinda just been raising a lot of Pokemon lately and mainly just done some Battle Subway and Random Matchup in between. Once I get this new Wailord done I'll try and get some wifi battles, otherwise I'm kind of the same.

abrar14

Statter Master
yeah dont hate on derpy

Meowth City

Staff member
Hey, I like Torkoal - turtles ftw. Flannery's one was tough when I first batted it. It's was so annoying with its White Smoke ability and its held-item I think was White Herb or something. I used in on my team once, and he was pretty good.

Rohanator

Hey, I like Torkoal - turtles ftw. Flannery's one was tough when I first batted it. It's was so annoying with its White Smoke ability and its held-item I think was White Herb or something. I used in on my team once, and he was pretty good.

Aww yeah Torkoal! <3 I'm just waiting for Dream World Torkoal(Shell Armor) to get released, Iron Defense/Curse + Amnesia with crit protection, that's pro right there. :D

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
i think stantler deserves some love it was a pretty good normal type that peple never used, it has a huge movepool and it had pretty solid stats, also i liked the fact that in between his horn were tiny black holes and if it were to release one it could possibly end the world as we know it

Atari

Did it on 'em
Generally I will completely avoid raising a Pokemon if they are too un-visually appealing. But usually I will take anything into consideration if it would fit into a type-diverse team.

Anyway, I love Dunsparce to death. I hope all of you do as well.

Vandslaux

Gothitelle, is, like, boss. I used one on an IG Black playthrough, it served me VERY well as a bulky powerhouse.

Brody McSteveBro

<---Charlie Scene?
I use Spheal

;363;Spheal with it;363;

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Well, I have no pokemon that I dislike. I like every pokemon at least a little bit. I have no favorite types either, as all types are important for the diversity of the pokemon universe. People say that Stunfisk is stupid looking. Well, it is. But in a good way. And that is what makes pokemon like Stunfisk so cool is the fact that they look so dumb. In my profile it is listed that Galvantula is my favorite. This is not inherently true. It is one of those pokemon I like very much and it with a few other pokemon would be considered among my favorites. But I have no true favorites. I celebrate each pokemon in the game for being unique. I would wish or delete any of them out of the game. I would make changes to some of their movepools and abilities if I could. But other than that, I like them just the way they are.

Concerning Smogon, it is merely another arena for enjoying pokemon. I have no real objection against it. Their goal is to cater to the competitive aspect of pokemon and I think they good job of doing that. There are some who complain about their favorite pokemon not being as popular or strong as those in OU. Well, there is a reason why they have UU,RU and NU. So that way these pokemon do have a chance of being used at all. If there were no tiers, then nobody would use the lesser pokes, or at least very few of them would. So I don't see Smogon as trying to control people's battling style, its more just a bunch of dedicated pokemon trainers trying to enjoy the game with a highly competitive mindset. And I think this is what makes pokemon so great, that it can be enjoyed by a 5 year old who knows nothing about the games intricate mechanics, and likewise with the sophisticated stat system, natures, moves, type chart, allows the older player to derive pleasure from the game as well.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Well, I have no pokemon that I dislike. I like every pokemon at least a little bit. I have no favorite types either, as all types are important for the diversity of the pokemon universe. People say that Stunfisk is stupid looking. Well, it is. But in a good way. And that is what makes pokemon like Stunfisk so cool is the fact that they look so dumb. In my profile it is listed that Galvantula is my favorite. This is not inherently true. It is one of those pokemon I like very much and it with a few other pokemon would be considered among my favorites. But I have no true favorites. I celebrate each pokemon in the game for being unique. I would wish or delete any of them out of the game. I would make changes to some of their movepools and abilities if I could. But other than that, I like them just the way they are.

Concerning Smogon, it is merely another arena for enjoying pokemon. I have no real objection against it. Their goal is to cater to the competitive aspect of pokemon and I think they good job of doing that. There are some who complain about their favorite pokemon not being as popular or strong as those in OU. Well, there is a reason why they have UU,RU and NU. So that way these pokemon do have a chance of being used at all. If there were no tiers, then nobody would use the lesser pokes, or at least very few of them would. So I don't see Smogon as trying to control people's battling style, its more just a bunch of dedicated pokemon trainers trying to enjoy the game with a highly competitive mindset. And I think this is what makes pokemon so great, that it can be enjoyed by a 5 year old who knows nothing about the games intricate mechanics, and likewise with the sophisticated stat system, natures, moves, type chart, allows the older player to derive pleasure from the game as well.
I agree with all of this. Derpfisk and Dunsparce are awesome because they look so stupid! And I can't pick a favorite Pokemon no matter how hard I try. In my Username, it says Umbreon, but look at the avatar. And on the Smogon thing, I also agree. That's why Random Matchup is chaos. :< All I ever see are Garchomps... *sigh* Without tiers, it would be like a world without laws.

And on the subject of the thread, of course I use Pokemon that I love! Don't hate Smeargle. :[ Or Derpfisk. Or any Pokemon! They're all awesome!

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
If I love all Pokemon, I'd be a Ranger, but I wanna be a Master XD

:p Hah, she was easy coz I had Swampert to use, nya~

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
I'm such a horrible thread owner ._.

[i think stantler deserves some love it was a pretty good normal type that peple never used, it has a huge movepool and it had pretty solid stats, also i liked the fact that in between his horn were tiny black holes and if it were to release one it could possibly end the world as we know it

I know, Stantler is pretty awesome! I have one that knows Zen headbutt, Wild Charge, Megahorn, and Jump Kick. It's a beast! Now if only I could get it to level 100. BUT THAT TAKE SSOOOOO LONG.

Speaking of level 100, I'm raising a fully EV'd Liepard o3o I'm so totally in love with Purrloin and Liepard right now, they are my obssesion <3 I just can't belive they can't learn Swords Dance or elemental attacks like the previous cats. It may be due to Purr and Lie being Dark types, hence their movepool isn't as wide as Normal types. Curses!

Anyway, my Liepard is as follows:

Attack: 305
Defense: 200
Sp. Attack: 200
Sp.Def: 223
Speed: 320

Ability: Unburden
Moves:
Giga Impact
Sucker Punch
Night Slash
Return (usually it's a OHKO~ Kitty loves me so much~)

Item: Dark Gem (EPIC WIN WITH UNBURDEN)

And yeah, no Fake Out. Seriously, that moves is so over-rated! My Liepard does well without it, anyway~

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
That's an interesting set you have there. It is rather unfortunate that Liepard is incapable of learning dark pulse, as that would aid it in abusing nasty plot. Although, if I were you, I would switch out giga impact, as that leaves Liepard vulnerable in case of not defeating the opposing pokemon. I am fascinated with the dark gem+unburden combo. Especially if you OHKO the other pokemon, then you have a nice advantage.

Constructing custom sets is always fun though. Especially with lesser used pokemon. As many people generally overlook what possibilities they have. The possibilities that may occur can be very surprising indeed. So, have fun set building!