• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love for All the 649

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
I care for any Pokemon, and will use whatever I like regardless of what others say.
This is a great thread.

And also, I read on TvTropes that Conkeldurr is supposed to be pronounced "Conk-elder", as it's White Pokedex entry states it uses it's pillars as canes, so it's actually an elderly master. So that makes it okay.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
haters gunna hate. but slowking and nidoqueen are actually quite common, like slowbro and Nidoking. a pokemon that is underlooked would be arcanine. it may be weak to SR, but its stats are really high, its like a slightly more powerful, bulkier, slower crobat.

And also, I read on TvTropes that Conkeldurr is supposed to be pronounced "Conk-elder", as it's White Pokedex entry states it uses it's pillars as canes, so it's actually an elderly master. So that makes it okay.

No wonder he's slow! I'm just kidding. That I can understand.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter

I don't care. He will always be my Conkel-durrr.

Oh and I love Audino. They are so sweet when they heal you. :)

KickAsh

halted development
Politoed is also very awesome.
This. But I liked him before Drizzle Politoed became the big thing in competitive battling. His design has just always appealed to me. I'm happy Politoed is everywhere now, it's sad he's just there for all the wrong reasons.

a pokemon that is underlooked would be arcanine. it may be weak to SR, but its stats are really high, its like a slightly more powerful, bulkier, slower crobat.
Don't worry, Arcanine is all over Wifi UU.

goliath_unit

I know this sounds kind of cheesy, but there isn't a single Pokemon that I'd say I even dislike. In fact, a Pokemon being rather unpopular or forgotten just inspires me to like them more (even though my three favourites are Gengar, Heracross and Flygon). I love Pokemon like Vespiquen, Venomoth, Torkoal, Butterfree, Stantler, Farfetch'D and Ledian, who aren't exactly the most popular or used Pokemon. I haven't gotten Black yet, but I'm so happy that Venomoth and Gastrodon seem to be going up in usage and are getting better now.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Not shore yet, I hafta get all 649 pokemon in my White XD
But I'm startin' ta like 'em atm

And I tought they're weird but..Gothorita/Gothita made it in my top 6 :) nya~

Accipitri

Space relic
Venomoth is cool, I use one with a special offensive set with Quiver Dance and Tinted Lens, unfortunately she's a bit frail so it's hard to set up in the first place...

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
If I'm remember it right, 30% of people yse Hydreigon for competitive battling and 14% of used moved is Protect. That just plain boring. That's why although I'm quite care about the nature of my pokemon (as long as it doesn't have hindering nature, it's fine), and EV train them, I never actually go into competitive battling.

Agree with this dude. I EV train and try to get good natures, but competative battle isn't for me.

If a pokemon is good in-game, I use it. But if it sucks in-game, I usually don't. Like, Scolipede for example. Nothing special in competative battle, but very useful in game, and my second favourite pokemon in terms of design.

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
I like to train almost any Pokemon as well... It's fun to catch one and not calculate its natures and stats ect.; in my head I invent personalities based upon this, though, like if I were a trainer and how they'd act around me. XD

My Cinccino is probably my best battler with the same levels as the rest (Unfezant is above all of them) because it has an ability that powers up its weaker moves, knows Echoed Voice, and Tail Slap. :> It got me all the way through those last gyms.

Skydra

I don't love ALL of them... but does anyone like EVERY Pokemon? (I'm sure someone does, but the vast majority must have some they don't care for.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
^ Well, I don't liek ALL of them, but the ones I dislike aren't because of their strenghts. I mean...like Nosepass and Probopass. I kind of like them but dislike them at the same time. Like, because of the awesome movepool and Probopass's cry. Dislike because...THEY'RE SO DANG UGLY. I MEAN SERIOUSLY! BIG RED NOSE AND MOUSTACHE! AH!

Anyway, I'm so glad you guys are liking this thread :D I'm overjoyed to find out so many people agree with me~

And by the way, has anyone here ever done a solo-run? I did one using a Spearow/Fearow in LG. But I think i messed up, cuz I'm not sure if I was supposed to evolve Spearow or not...oh well, I beat the champion with my level 87 Fearow! xD

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
I have experience with raising quite a few underrated Pokemon. Like in Emerald I used Mightyena, Bellossom, Magcargo and Pelipper to name a few. I also used Marowak alot in Leafgreen.

Accipitri

Space relic
Mightyena is considered bad? He's not commonly used, I know, but I loved mine in emerald. Was awesome back when Shadow Ball was still physical. I also used Magcargo and Minun in that playthrough. They were all great (ok, maybe not magcargo, but still - lava snail!)

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
I recently found out that Durant is in lower tiers. howc ome? I mean it's really great! I don't care what people say, I'm using it whenever I want!

This is his summary:

Adamant nature.
Alert to sounds.
Moves: Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Iron head, and Crunch.
Item: King's Rock

Isn't he awesome? I wuv my Durant <3

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I am not a 649 lover. There are Pokemon that I have a strong dislike for, such as Salamence. However, I am willing to admit I am a 156 lover; I don't dislike any Unova Pokemon. <3

Accipitri

Space relic
I have a Durant too ^^ he's a hustle+hone claws one, he does great for me. I think he should be used way more, same with Archeops. They both are excellent pokemon.

QueenZoroark

Burn, baby, burn!
Most people underrate Archeops because of its awful ability, Defeatist, but nobody realizes that Archeops has a counter move! Sure it looses its offensive power when health gets low, but it gets ENDEAVOR! I mean, give it a Focus Sash First turn, use any powerful move except head Smash (which makes Focus Sash useless) and try for a OHKO. When the foe uses a move that gets you to 1 HP or near, use the second turn for ENDEAVOR. Sure Archeops will die, but the opponent will be too weak! Your next pokemon will defeat it, guaranteed.

I simply love Archeops, it's design and cry are really cool~