• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love makes the world go 'round... or does it?

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
People always say love is the most important thing in the world, that we aren't human without it. But is it really that important? Most animals survive without it. We could live without it. But it isn't really a life priority, is it?

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Money makes the world go round.

And gravity.

What kind of love?

Romantic? Personally, I'm plenty happy being single, with no plans to do anything conventional with my life like getting married or becoming a mom. I've met a few other such people, but I've met plenty more people who seem to think they absolutely need it, like air or something, or who are significantly happier with it.

General love? Friends? Family? Kindred spirits? I don't think I've ever met anyone who's genuinely happy without any of that. I know I'd wither and die without meaningful social interaction and people to be close to in no time at all.

Not love nor money makes the world go round, but the mechanico-bio-soceitological systems that create money and love.

And, on more literal terms, gravity and the tug of the sun and moon are what keep Earth in rotation.

I feel like I posted a more boring version of someone else's posts.

Fire_Paw

Moonwatcher
'Love makes the world go 'round' is true and not true in my opinion. If this statement's true, then the same goes for hate and war in my beliefs because you can't hate without love, and really, you can't love without hate, in my opinion sooo... yeah.

Personally, I do think that love is important, since we all love friends, family, and all, but as far as otherwise relationship/romantic...I don't believe that's entirely necessary at all, so that's the other side of the quote.

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
I don't think it's a priority so to speak; but it is human nature to seek companionship in someone else. I could do fine without love, I imagine... Though having what I have now, I'm not sure I'd want anything but.

xEthereal

Birds of Prey > You
It's all dependant on YOU. Some people function perfectly without 'love', others seem to need it. Everyone is different in that regard.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I think love is the only thing that cannot be created or destroyed. When all else is gone there will still be love. That being said it is a free will decision to let that love into your heart or to reject it. I function fine without love but who am I really without it? The heart of love is to give to another. If nobody loved than nobody's needs could ever be filled. So I see myself as a glass half full at the moment.. free to pour out my being but no vessel of yet to pour it into.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
I'm pretty sure angular momentum makes the world go round.

i do! Mwahhhh hah hah

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
People always say love is the most important thing in the world, that we aren't human without it. But is it really that important? Most animals survive without it. We could live without it. But it isn't really a life priority, is it?

Money makes the world go round.

And gravity.

Gravity is right, but love is probably the least important of the most important things needed to make the world go round. Money is at second.

Sapphire_Pichu

I hate Ringo...
What kind of love?

Romantic? Personally, I'm plenty happy being single, with no plans to do anything conventional with my life like getting married or becoming a mom. I've met a few other such people, but I've met plenty more people who seem to think they absolutely need it, like air or something, or who are significantly happier with it.

General love? Friends? Family? Kindred spirits? I don't think I've ever met anyone who's genuinely happy without any of that. I know I'd wither and die without meaningful social interaction and people to be close to in no time at all.

I second this, with the exception that I am a young mom.

Otherwise, I pretty much live without social interactions from other people. I seldomly contact my friends, because most of them don't have time to do anything worthwhile, outside of work. I don't enjoy living like this, but everyone but me has more to do besides sit at home. lol.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Sapphire Pichu, You have the most important love in your life already being a mom. I don't know your age or situation, but I know my life would not be the same if I didn't have my children.

What is more worthwhile than raising a child? Yes it is tough, even more so if you're doing it alone, but there is nothing more rewarding than the love a parent gets from their children.

I always say once you have a child life as you know it is over, BUT life has just begun.

Those of you who feel that you don't need love are fooling yourselves. You may not need marriage, but you are not living if you don't feel/have love!

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
I just mean in the technical perspective, we could live without it. But true, some people prefer it.

Those of you who feel that you don't need love are fooling yourselves. You may not need marriage, but you are not living if you don't feel/have love!

This is what I mean. A person could theoretically live happily without love, but in our society, love is VERY high on the importance list. It could be lowered.

And thanks for taking "Makes the world go 'round" literally. It's hilarious.

Last edited:

Skydra

Well, it was a life priority until our population got so high.