• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love on Serebii?

Khinhazzard

MultiBattle Brawler
Will it be fun if pokemon xy will update relationship system between trainers..?

★Shiny Sylveon★

I have a Best Friend in real life that does Serebii ;)
But we have no RelationShip, even if we opposite genders. We have a 5 Year Age Difference.
Were just good besties :)

Last edited:
met my fiancée on serebii.net forums. will be married in july of 2014. wedding will be at cabela's sporting goods.

not really tho. girls and guys who pretend to be girls hmu

Keysmash

buys meat
Though many online relationships do eventually work out, I doubt that it would be on this website. The setup here isn't like that, and there are way too many people who pretend to be someone they aren't.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
It just seems really unrealistic, because you don't know what the person on the other side looks like. You can't really be sure they are who they say they are. However, it is definitely possible. My friend stone_cold (originally from serebii) met someone online that he "dated".

Innocentmercy

At first I thought it was the Love Appreciation on this site, but realizing its a "relationship experience" I guess it is all good.

Nooo, I haven't experience love on Serebii. If I did, I'll just flat out reject it, because most of the time [for me] it would not work out... unless the user is that passionate about it and had a long history with me.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Nope, no love relationships upon this forum for me. To be frank, I haven't really got to develop that many relationships here on Serebii. The closest I have was working on some projects with Torpoleon and Erik Destler. But that was yeeeeears ago.

But I'm happy for everyone here that found love. :D

SableVulpi

Here To Review
I don't think that romantic relationships work here on Serebii. Too much of an age gap and it's just difficult to really get personal with people on here unless I've known them from other sites before, for some reason. But I do think online relationships are possible. People can fall in love online.

With that said, I don't have any love stories to share that happened here on Serebii. I may have fallen in love with people I met online, and people fell in love with me, but they were never here. I met them elsewhere, and I only fell in love with them after I started talking to them on a deep, personal level and somewhere no one could see our conversations.

Psychic

Really and truly
What do you guys mean about an "age gap?" Yes, there are people of many ages on this forum, but there as long as you're under 30, there are so many thousands of members here it isn't difficult to find someone your age. :p

Oh, I also forgot to mention that back in '07, a guy from my irl friend group joined SPPf because he had a crush on me at the time. Doesn't really count, but hey.

Last edited:

SableVulpi

Here To Review
Hmm your point is valid Psychic about age gap. I admit to that. I guess when I was referring to age group though, it just kinda feels like I run into teens more than adults. I mean, I know they're there, but I see teens more.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
depends what you mean by "adult," but there are quite a few members here who are 18 or older. I would say you're more likely to find people of certain ages in certain sections - for instance, the Games section seems to tend to attract members in their teens. Plus a lot of us just don't like to advertise our age. (That said, there have been really mature 12-year-olds I assumed were older, and pretty childish older members. Sometimes, you just never know. :p)

SableVulpi

Here To Review
Yeah. I remember when I fell in love with a friend, I knew they were an adult, but I didn't know their age otherwise. And then after a while, I found out they were 9 years older than me. We were both adults, so it didn't matter too much, but still. It reminds me of what you're mentioning.

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i dont know why people are saying stuff like "idk how you could do it you don't know anything about them". you can just ask for pictures/get to know them throught chatting/skyping/whatever. it's just long distance relationships would be kinda crap. also kinda silly if you haven't met them irl

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I've never been an advocate for online dating but if it works out for you that's great. I've made a few online friends on here that live close that I would hang out with and consider "real" friends as I've seen them on a regular basis for 3+ years now. I think the weirdest part about the internet is the anonymity and how it contributes to the little things - like that most of my friends were the age I am now when I met them, but in retrospect still seem older at that age than I do now. But if I really compare, not really?

Perspective I guess.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
people don't use non dating sites AS dating sites, people form relationships by talking about mutual interests and other such things ?_?