• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love on Serebii?

Ryuken

Steel User
Not me, I've never had a girlfriend :(. I've been a loner for the past 13 years.

I have to admit, that is a bit sad...
But it will eventually come, it always does.

Aside from that, i have yet to hear of a relationship that starts online and lasts more than a year.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Yea I am just a teen. Actually my family is shorter than usual, so girls actually think I'm cute since I am small, and I only asked out one girl, who rejected me because she had a boyfriend and I didn't know. So I guess it's a bit less sad when those facts are to consider.

Ryuken

Steel User
Yea I am just a teen. Actually my family is shorter than usual, so girls actually think I'm cute since I am small, and I only asked out one girl, who rejected me because she had a boyfriend and I didn't know. So I guess it's a bit less sad when those facts are to consider.

If that so then there is nothing to really worry about. Relationships this early are fun but in most scenarios don't go that far, and aren't really important.
It is until one is in their late 20's that people start worrying about it, there are things more important that dating before this age.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Yea, guess you are right. And I can see why people in 20's worry, living alone with no one to talk to when you get home, just you (and possibly pets) in a house would creep me out.

Kdude146

Yea, guess you are right. And I can see why people in 20's worry, living alone with no one to talk to when you get home, just you (and possibly pets) in a house would creep me out.

yeah being 21 and single really does suck and I am a bit of a hopeless romantic as well so that doesn't help :( This last year as been hard on me because I went through cancer. I am all better now and getting my life back together I just got re-hired at a grocery store I worked at 2 years ago. I really want to date someone but I am finding telling guys I meet that I am a cancer survivor is a bit of a turn off but it's who I am now and I feel I should be 100% honest about myself

AMV3021

Shiny Pokemon Hunter

Good one dude you hit the nail on the head. That's pretty much how I live minus the pets...I don't like pets.

AMV3021

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Like, internet dating?
Either way, I've never been in a relationship with someone. Doesn't appeal to me.

I so wish I could be like that too, and most of the time I like being left alone anyway, yet there are those times I just feel like I need someone even for a few minutes cuz it gets lonely.

Don't you ever feel like that?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Just as a reminder this isn't the "OH GOD I'M SO LONELY" thread.

I remember way back when there was a member who created a shipping partnership with me. At the time I wasn't really aware of what it entailed, but yeah. We liked eachother but never went further than that. Haven't spoken to her for years now...

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Honestly, I can't picture myself having romantic affections for anybody on this website only because of geographical location differences and age of the person. Not to say it's a bad thing, if anything: I encourage unity, I just personally can't see myself doing it.

spaceboundaries

Only time will tell
I wish I never met any guys before my fiance, but I did sadly. Hes the most amazing guy ive ever known in my life.

I dated people on wolfhome and pof but never met them in person

Then I met someone on facebook but he turned out to be fugly irl.

Then I met a guy and just dated him cause I thought I wouldnt find anyone better. I hated him. Okay I hated all my exes and found non attractive.

I just wish I coukd take it all back.

But yes, its silly when people internet date.

Like do what I did, wait for a hot guy to come up to you in starbucks, hand you a receipt with a note on it, then watch him run away in pure nervousness

97% of online relationships dont work out.

Also, how would you know if theyre cheating on you or not? Like its a waste of time. Find someone real.

VS

they/she
Honestly, I can't picture myself having romantic affections for anybody on this website only because of geographical location differences and age of the person. Not to say it's a bad thing, if anything: I encourage unity, I just personally can't see myself doing it.

Louisiana to Texas didn't sound that long to me....

I was terribly wrong.

Huhadude

Banned
Don't believe in virtual relationships. What's the use if you can't meet them irl so I don't even try and another reason is because I already have a girlfriend.

Lunar-Kuto

Go on, smile!
Aside from that, i have yet to hear of a relationship that starts online and lasts more than a year.

Hey. So, while it wasn't on Serebii, I feel like I should reply to this.

I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl I met on a Keroro/Sgt Frog forum. I'm in the UK, while she's in the US. We've been dating for three years now, this also includes meeting up in person twice (If it was not for unemployment and things getting in the way, this number would be higher). with plans for her visiting this November. It's a possibility that one of us will be moving to the other person's place probably by next year at the earliest. I should also point out that there was a three year period prior to the relationship where we were just friends.

I know there's a vast majority of online relationships that start and end at the blink of an eye, but if both sides put in 100% to make it work, then it will work.

That's all I wanted to say, really.

Last edited:
To all the lonely ones out there, I can relate. But just hear me out: Everyone takes different paths in life. Everyone's different, period. While it's true, we all have a basic need to be connected to someone, it isn't true that there is a timer on when this person must enter your life. Relationships end, personal careers or illnesses get in the way. Or maybe you're not ready, not mature enough. You might stumble along in your early twenties, going on a few dates but never finding anything that sticks. You might feel terrible on valentine's day, or around your friends when they talk about their partners. You'll feel lonely, but what you need to remember, is that so long as you are yourself, and so long as you keep moving forward in life and doing what you love, love will find YOU. You might think you're alone in how you feel, or that no one understands. But that's nonsense, and deep down, you know it. Society seems to place a massive pressure on you to be in constant relationships, but just be yourself. I never dated in my teens, never cared. Now I'm with someone I met through university. My uncle had never been on a single date until he was 27, and he's been married to the first woman he's been with for 26 years. My dad was 23 before he met my mom. Some people take even longer to meet the RIGHT person, look at all of the divorces, all the messy breakups. You don't need to feel like you're supposed to rush into a relationship only to have it doomed from the start, you need to just focus on growing and socializing, and in time it'll become clear. You're not alone, and you never will be. You have friends, and a world, while imperfect, that DOES understand you. Just remember that the next time you feel empty inside because you're single. Just remember how lucky you are and how amazing the rest of your life can be.

ABaz202

Hey. So, while it wasn't on Serebii, I feel like I should reply to this.

I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl I met on a Keroro/Sgt Frog forum. I'm in the UK, while she's in the US. We've been dating for three years now, this also includes meeting up in person twice (If it was not for unemployment and things getting in the way, this number would be higher). with plans for her visiting this November. It's a possibility that one of us will be moving to the other person's place probably by next year at the earliest. I should also point out that there was a three year period prior to the relationship where we were just friends.

I know there's a vast majority of online relationships that start and end at the blink of an eye, but if both sides put in 100% to make it work, then it will work.

That's all I wanted to say, really.

Agreed with this totally. I know a couple who I used to play City of Heroes with. They met through the game. One was from Canada, and the other the US. They eventually met in person, fell in love, got married, and are still together today. It's not the conventional (whatever that means in 2014) way to do it maybe, but it can certainly work.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I remember way back when there was a member who created a shipping partnership with me. At the time I wasn't really aware of what it entailed, but yeah. We liked eachother but never went further than that. Haven't spoken to her for years now...

I believe that would be me actually. I'd totally forgotten about that! I was 16 I think and didn't have much experience with boys.

Even OKCupid kind of sucks. I went on loads of dates from there (it's easy to find a geeky guy on that site if that's your type) but I ended up with a lot of boring dates, a few horror stories, and one memorable occasion where someone asked me if I was interested in a drug fueled threesome with him and his girlfriend. I ended up finally meeting my actual boyfriend through mutual friends, so the site was kind of a wash for me. I've known people who had luck with it though.

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

To all the lonely ones out there, I can relate. But just hear me out: Everyone takes different paths in life. Everyone's different, period. While it's true, we all have a basic need to be connected to someone, it isn't true that there is a timer on when this person must enter your life. Relationships end, personal careers or illnesses get in the way. Or maybe you're not ready, not mature enough. You might stumble along in your early twenties, going on a few dates but never finding anything that sticks. You might feel terrible on valentine's day, or around your friends when they talk about their partners. You'll feel lonely, but what you need to remember, is that so long as you are yourself, and so long as you keep moving forward in life and doing what you love, love will find YOU. You might think you're alone in how you feel, or that no one understands. But that's nonsense, and deep down, you know it. Society seems to place a massive pressure on you to be in constant relationships, but just be yourself. I never dated in my teens, never cared. Now I'm with someone I met through university. My uncle had never been on a single date until he was 27, and he's been married to the first woman he's been with for 26 years. My dad was 23 before he met my mom. Some people take even longer to meet the RIGHT person, look at all of the divorces, all the messy breakups. You don't need to feel like you're supposed to rush into a relationship only to have it doomed from the start, you need to just focus on growing and socializing, and in time it'll become clear. You're not alone, and you never will be. You have friends, and a world, while imperfect, that DOES understand you. Just remember that the next time you feel empty inside because you're single. Just remember how lucky you are and how amazing the rest of your life can be.

Wise words dude. I am "old" and let me tell you I made 5 mistakes during my younger years but they all helped me to get the right person later in life.
My advise is to enjoy life while you guys are still young, and if you find someone interesting here on in any other online place, please be careful and think "in cold blood" what are the real possibilities to continue the relationship. Long distance relationships are hard to handle but if they are successful they will bring you a good result.

Last edited: