• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love on Serebii?

cwertle

Don't Blink!
I dunno, on one hand I think online dating is weird, on the other hand your judging solely based on personality, which is neat.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I watched a programme recently about Japan (don't worry, I like the Japanese very much) and there's a growing problem over there about the games that they have; there was two men playing with this virtual girl game and they were in a 'relationship' with them.

I don't want to generalise, good grief no, but apparently that's what it's like over there in some parts...

....probably...I'll shhh now :-S.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
that isn't really anything like online dating, but yeah, those dudes are weirdos.

i don't think i would date anyone from the internet unless a) we'd hung out irl and b) they lived kinda nearby. trying to 'date' someone that lives literally half a world away is like the least practical thing i can possibly think of

Rave

Banned
i've had my crushes on here in the past. and i guess i kinda knew who kinda/sorta liked me, but idk, i'm kinda like all i dunno indifferent to it all now and ****. but whatevs, it's all cool, i just go with what works for me nowadays. everything is kinda almost the same now.

There is one couple who met here who are still together several years later, but none of the other ones have worked out. How you interpret that is up to you.

Vicariously speaking, what she said.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Didn't meet her on Serebii, but she was in the same pool of friends on Skype. She is the most adorable person I've ever met, and I find it hard to believe that she actually likes me back. Maybe I sell myself short, I dunno, but I'm crazy about her. The best part is she lives about 20 minutes away from where the rest of my family lives, whom we're visiting this Christmas. I can't wait to see her! >/////<

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
that isn't really anything like online dating, but yeah, those dudes are weirdos.

i don't think i would date anyone from the internet unless a) we'd hung out irl and b) they lived kinda nearby. trying to 'date' someone that lives literally half a world away is like the least practical thing i can possibly think of

Yeah, I'm with you there moot, it's not really going to work out if say, a European was to be in a e-relationship with someone from Asia, unless they had the money to actually see each other, but even then they'd have to be careful because catfish :-/.

In response to you Gengar.

With me I just randomly began talking to a girl on a forum back in August, and then we just realised that we both shared feelings for each other, and now we're in a pretty serious online relationship, already planning on meeting in real life and of also marrying when the time comes. It just happened.

Pizza

Bit-Byte-Bit
I've never been in an online relationship. Being honest, I'm not sure how they work out. For all I know, if anyone did e-date me, they could be catfishing. Hopefully all of these relationships work out in the end, but I wouldn't do it.

Togeblimp

blimpu ●ω●
I've never been in an online relationship. Being honest, I'm not sure how they work out. For all I know, if anyone did e-date me, they could be catfishing. Hopefully all of these relationships work out in the end, but I wouldn't do it.

It's hard. Really.
I have e-dated two people (not on this forum of course) annnd they didn't end up so well. Probably because of the age difference (don't kill me they weren't that big in difference), plus one was straight soo that didn't go so well (yes I'm lesbian, hope saying that doesn't violate any rules).
On another forum there were these two people who were widely known for being together...they even met up in London and the girl shared their 'adventure' through drawing. But a few months ago they decided to split for a while but now that girl is with someone else...
...Which proves tht e-dating is hard, because of your feelings and most of the time you wont be able to meet and stuff like that happens.

Taylor516

Well, my story isn't exactly a story about meeting on Serebii, my fiance and I both use Serebii, me for the forums, he for the information, though, I guess we have a cute enough story to share...

We met at age seven at church, and bonded as close friends over Pokemon (go figure right?) and had a ton of fun together. About a year after we first met, I moved away as my family and parents had a big falling out and I didn't see or think of him again for ages.
Years went by and we eventually met again in 2010 by accident, I moved back to my childhood home area and a mutual friend we didn't now we shared decided he should talk to me and gave him my phone number. I was in a really bad place in ,my life and feeling pretty down on myself, but when he spoke to me, I felt happy and whole again, like I hadn't in so long I couldn't even remember. We were instantly inseparable and have been together ever since, we are now engaged and going to marry this summer :)

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I fell in love with my self. Yes. I'm a narcissist. No, I'm really not.

Sorry to disappoint, but I have no story.

I've gotten a taste of the bad side of any relationship, really, not just an e one...my Serebii girlfriend broke up with me :/

I used to do this back in Middle school. I found it a bit odd, even then. At that point I was an oddball. She was my third (I use this word lightly) Girlfriend I had at that point. Then I went into High School, and I realize I could never do that again.

Granted, after high school I ended up living with my girl at the time for a year and a half. . .
That was all I needed to realize, the hot ones are insane. But, all women are crazy.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Love on Serebii? Just look at the RPG forum and then tell me you don't believe in it. Ah, all the character shippings...

Oh wait, you mean online relationships between real people? Sorry, my bad. Actually, I've had two experiences where a guy on the forums was really interested in me... And both times, it started with our RPG characters interacting, oddly enough. Not that I really mind at all. These forums contain more people I have things in common with than real life does. Often times I go through real life wishing people were as interesting as they are here on the forums.

These forums contain more people I have things in common with than real life does. Often times I go through real life wishing people were as interesting as they are here on the forums.

Haha, you say that now, but if you ever meet one in person, things will more than likely change.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
I have had like 2 e-crushes in the past. One was mutual, but we didn't go through with it (heck, I was 12). Another was one-sided, but she didn't like me back (I got friendzoned basically). She then got in a e-relationship, even met eachother, but ended up breaking. She was also from Brasil, so we were basically one ocean apart lol.

Long story short, I never dated in the internet, but I know people who have and know their relationships. My opinion, based on that, on my general relationship experience and my Psychology knowledge, is that they very, very seldom workout, specially when the distance is great and the means to get together are little. Physical presence and contact is essential to a relationship. After all, it is (in crude terms) the process that leads to mating, and you can't mate without being with each other.