• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love on Serebii?

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
made some pretty cool friends irl via this site but most of them don't go on here anymore

so thanku serebii joe u changed my life brah

kapslock

when i was a babby and frequented here more often i would stalk the newbie lounge and ask out boys around my age. it was fun until it got too legit for my twelve year old self to handle lmfao

Kreis

Still Dirrty
when i was a babby and frequented here more often i would stalk the newbie lounge and ask out boys around my age. it was fun until it got too legit for my twelve year old self to handle lmfao

Lmao. Hey, at least you were straightforward. Good on you.

kapslock

Thanks! When I look back on my times here I either cringe because of the jaded buttholes who made snarky comments or laugh for a long time because twelve year old dating on a pokemon forum.

crobatman

My girlfriend probably does not realize how much of a Pokemon fan I am :p

She knows I play the game, but I do not think she knows how much I have played since I was a young dude. However, I am glad she does not care whether I play videogames or not.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Well, this isn't love. However, I meet a friend over on Gaia Online about 4 or something years ago. We been very tight every since. However, we just best friends right now. So, even if it love or best friend, you could friend that someone.

I used to not believe that it was possible to fall in love with a girl on an internet forum without even seeing how she looks to boot, but my opinion was changed a few weeks ago when I realised that I had fell for a girl on here, based on personality alone too, I don't even know how she looks.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
To be honest, guys, I've had a lot of romantic relationships off the Internet so I know love can happen even when you don't know someone face to face, though I haven't had that kinda luck here at Serebii's forums, but whatevz. X-3 It can't be helped!

Shinku

neko, desu~
Erm... well my boyfriend is on Serebii too, though he hasn't been on in a long while... due to various reasons... *cough* x__x we met offline years before joining here though, so... ¬_¬

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I used to not believe that it was possible to fall in love with a girl on an internet forum without even seeing how she looks to boot, but my opinion was changed a few weeks ago when I realised that I had fell for a girl on here, based on personality alone too, I don't even know how she looks.

I don't know about love, but the exact thing happened to me, once upon a time on Serebii...ah, but that was many years ago, and now I am old.

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
In the time I've been a member here, there are some times that I look back on fondly, and others where I want to slap myself. Thankfully for you (and my cheeks), this is a story about the former.

For me to tell it, though, we have to go back a little bit. And by a little bit, I mean about eight years ago: 2005. I was a snot-nosed kid who was barely through his first year on this very site. I spent most of my time in the Pokeshipping thread that existed back then (about two or three iterations ago; I've honestly lost count). I made friends that I still talk to today, but one girl in particular struck my fancy. She & I hit off rather well, and spent most of our days talking, whether through forum posts or AIM (yes, I'm old).

After a year or so of this friendship, I found myself thinking of this girl a lot. I'd never had myself thinking about a girl this much before (well, that's not completely true: anyone who knew me back then knows why). After mulling things over for a bit, I decided what was going on, and that the best thing to do was to be honest and simply tell her. So I did. Seconds past, and I waited...

... And she replied that she was feeling the same. Now, I'd had girls over the Internet that I've befriended confess crushes on me, but this was the first (and only) time where I've felt the same. After some talking, we decided to commit and embark on that adventure known as a relationship.

I suppose I should mention here that I live in Southern California, and she lived in Long Island. But of course, with the wonderful advent of the Internet and our years of prior friendship, we were as close as we could be. Over the years, we anguished at the distance between us, but persevered. Our few webcam chats were treasured, and our in-person meetings were dreams come true.

Eventually, in 2012, she made and followed through on a decision to move out to SoCal and live with me, which she has for the past year. We have our ups and downs, as every relationship does (though there aren't many downs, thankfully), but we're very happy together. We're both still Pokemon fans, of course, having gotten X/Y last week, and spazzing out about things that pique our interest.

Love, much like life, finds a way... even on the Internet, at a forum about Pokemon.

Advill_

Breeder
My girlfriend probably does not realize how much of a Pokemon fan I am :p

She knows I play the game, but I do not think she knows how much I have played since I was a young dude. However, I am glad she does not care whether I play videogames or not.

Lol i play with my bf videogames :) or he is playing them with me lol :p i love playing cod and guess what ... he doesn't urghhh you gotta have such a bf! xD

A few days ago the girl I fell for on here confessed that she also loved me a lot, and now we're in a relationship ^_^

Puma Italia

In the time I've been a member here, there are some times that I look back on fondly, and others where I want to slap myself. Thankfully for you (and my cheeks), this is a story about the former.

For me to tell it, though, we have to go back a little bit. And by a little bit, I mean about eight years ago: 2005. I was a snot-nosed kid who was barely through his first year on this very site. I spent most of my time in the Pokeshipping thread that existed back then (about two or three iterations ago; I've honestly lost count). I made friends that I still talk to today, but one girl in particular struck my fancy. She & I hit off rather well, and spent most of our days talking, whether through forum posts or AIM (yes, I'm old).

After a year or so of this friendship, I found myself thinking of this girl a lot. I'd never had myself thinking about a girl this much before (well, that's not completely true: anyone who knew me back then knows why). After mulling things over for a bit, I decided what was going on, and that the best thing to do was to be honest and simply tell her. So I did. Seconds past, and I waited...

... And she replied that she was feeling the same. Now, I'd had girls over the Internet that I've befriended confess crushes on me, but this was the first (and only) time where I've felt the same. After some talking, we decided to commit and embark on that adventure known as a relationship.

I suppose I should mention here that I live in Southern California, and she lived in Long Island. But of course, with the wonderful advent of the Internet and our years of prior friendship, we were as close as we could be. Over the years, we anguished at the distance between us, but persevered. Our few webcam chats were treasured, and our in-person meetings were dreams come true.

Eventually, in 2012, she made and followed through on a decision to move out to SoCal and live with me, which she has for the past year. We have our ups and downs, as every relationship does (though there aren't many downs, thankfully), but we're very happy together. We're both still Pokemon fans, of course, having gotten X/Y last week, and spazzing out about things that pique our interest.

Love, much like life, finds a way... even on the Internet, at a forum about Pokemon.

This story warmed my heart. I'm happy everything worked out for you!

Cap D. Blue

ボルトチェンジ
Puma Italia said:
This story warmed my heart. I'm happy everything worked out for you!
We are, too. :) We always have friends telling us how amazed they are at how our relationship goes (particularly being physically apart for so long). It was difficult at times, but in the end it's just so worth it.

I also like seeing peoples' reactions when we say we met over Pokemon, because people never expect it.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
It's great to read such nice stories =) Personally I haven't found love here, just a lot of awesome people of whom I'm happy to call them friends.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Although I joined Serebii in 2007, I didn't become active until a year later.
I met a certain someone here in 2008, and we became best friends since. We both developed feelings for one another throughout the years, but we didn't officially become boyfriend and girlfriend until around Christmas of 2011. It took us awhile to finally admit it and we were each other's first love, haha. Not to mention the many things we share in common. xD
Although this is a very rare case, we manage our long distance relationship fairly well. :3 (I'm in California, he's in Pennsylvania.) And we often send gifts to each other twice a year. He's not as active on here nowadays, but we always keep in touch on Skype.
But yeah... if it weren't for both Pokemon and Super Smash Bros Brawl, we probably would've never met. Oh, how time flies...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
My boyfriend is a tub of Cookie Cream ice cream and a Cardboard Cutout of Ryan Gosling. (No, I have no e-dated and probably never will. I think that sort of think is best with face-to-face contact)

Though, a SPPf boyfriend would have to answer me about how he eats his Cadbury Creme Eggs.

This thread makes me think of Dattebayo for some strange reason.

Oh lawdy, I remember this bloke.