1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Love, Petalburg Style! (345)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Challenge' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Love, Petalburg Style!

Back in Petalburg City, May & Max discover that their parents are having a fight and that their mom thinks Norman is having an affair with the local Nurse Joy. Will May & Max get to the bottom of this>

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Hales

Hales Guest

Okay I was wondering why Norman was so mad at the end of the episode, I know it was mainly because TR upset his fireworks display (romance *sigh*)

I thought he'd be more mad that Ash was alone battling TR without much assistance :)

Sounds like a great episode.

3. Space Skitty

Space Skitty Hoenn Champion

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this episode in America. I've never seen Caroline get angry before. This episode sounds good!

4. King Shuckle

King Shuckle Don't be daft

My Dub Guesses, Interesting episode. I wonder if it could get banned
    The Passion for Joy

Thats All I can think of.

5. Space Skitty

Space Skitty Hoenn Champion

"The Passion For Joy" does sound good, King Shuckle! Another dub-title I thought of was "Drawing the Caroline" based off of the saying "drawing the line."

I can't wait for this episode! =D

6. probably not!

i doubt that because it is not like his was having an affair. but it could be edited because in "showdown in pewter city" in the japenese version both of brocks parents left him to raise his brothers and sisters but 4kids didn't like him having 2 dead beat parents so they say she died so they will probably say that she was just jelous.

7. Raize

Raize Legendary Pokémon Coordinator

Same, I don't really think it will be banned. I want to see this episode it doesn't seem half bad I'll be waiting to see this episode of course!

8. that sounds good, that most likely what it is gonna be but you will find out sooon! a few weeks

9. Sequoia

Sequoia Well-Known Member

hmmm...its actually an exciting episode, but boring too...who would actually believe Norman loves anyone else???

10. Shiny May

Shiny May Guest

a good episode, truly great to see how Max and Max are upset about their parents and the Beautifly thing is sweet too !!! :D Slaking really looks great in this episode !! I think Ash really got a strong impression of Slaking now. A good episode, I love the way the mother was mad at the beginning of the episode. Especially when Haruka mentioned Beautifly's name !! :)

11. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Expected Dub Title: Back to Norman! (Back to Normal, since Norman is a play on Normal, something along these lines in expected)

12. Medea

Medea Excalibur

Though I am kind of bugged that this is the third episode with the Love...Style in the title, I am looking forward to having this air. I have seen the pictures and read the synopsis, and it sounds like a great episode:D

13. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

So was Norman actually having an affair with Joy, or was Caroline just mistaken? o_O

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  14. Shiny May

Shiny May Guest

Norman was not having an affair, he was arranging fireworks for his wife
    Caroline just became jealous I think because of rumors in town. But I'm not sure about that, perhaps some confirmation.
    But Norman did not cheat on his wife, Joy was only there for the fireworks

15. marilldude

marilldude Guest

I really hope they don't ban this one too. I find it so stupid that this is the third episode where it's like Love...Style. The dubbers must be out of ideas. Stupid dubbers.

16. Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd Dull Manga Avatar

The dub title has been announced because the episode will be aired soon. That means that it has NOT been, and will not be, banned.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

The episode title puns being redudant became apparent when Johto was being dubbed.

18. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

I'll bite...

There's Love Totodile Style and this one. What's the other one?

19. Swellow

Swellow Spider Sceptile

Love, Pokemon Style when Squirtle Returned in the Silver Convention

20. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

Gotcha...thank you. Yah, that's getting a bit overused. Think they still have time to realize this?

I liked Space Skitty's example of "Drawing the Caroline."