• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love, Pokémon Style! (269)

The battle between Ash and Macy actually felt like a "true" battle what with all the switching of their Pokemon.

Ash x Macy OTP ;)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cringed when Macey became smitten with Ash just because he helped save her Vulpix, but Misty's annoyance with her was funny. It was nice seeing Squirtle conveniently return after Kingler's accident, and I was pretty disappointed that Phanpy lost to Macey's Quilava. Oh well. At least Ash's Squirtle evened things up by defeating Macey's Quilava afterwards.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I was thrilled when Squirtle came back although at the same time I was sad that Kingler wasn't able to compete. Macy's crush on Ash was annoying however, but Ash defeated her which was a relief.

JudySpell

Banned
Macey stealing Ash from Misty was priceless and I was just upset that she owned Quilava while Ash still hadn't evolved his Cyndaquil. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, same. Kingler got shafted which I guess was karma for the Indigo League...

I think it was so that Squirtle would star and get the major wins hee hee. Totodile and Phanpy didn't do as well as Squirtle however, which was the bad side of the decision.

Macy's crush on Ash was awkward and I wish she had fought Misty instead as part of a shipping war. My favorite part was when Ash's Squirtle battled. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, Macy was one of the more interesting love interests for Ash lol. I like the goo-goo eyes she gets when Ash saved her and her team of Fire types was like the opposite of Misty's team.

ZilverLox

Banned
I liked how Misty was sticking up for Ash. It was obvious that she was jealous that Macey wanted to go out on a date with Ash. I thought that Ash and Macey's battle was pretty good. I thought that Phanpy did an excellent job in defeating Slugma. Then however, Macey's Quilava was powerful as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Satoshi had to battle Moe and Jun'ichi to advance in the tournament added a new twist that I liked, although the fact that Satoshi did his research and planned on using Kingler against Moe's team, only to have his strategy ruined by a Biriridama was extremely strained just for Zenigame's sake.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
although the fact that Satoshi did his research and planned on using Kingler against Moe's team, only to have his strategy ruined by a Biriridama was extremely strained just for Zenigame's sake.

Everyone loves Ash's Squirtle, though. If I had been Ash, I would have considered using him all along in place of Kingler.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Macy's crush on Ash was awkward and I wish she had fought Misty instead as part of a shipping war.

It's too bad that this episode didn't have much time to focus on Misty's annoyance with Macy hee hee, otherwise I would've loved if we had seen her and Macy battle and I'm sure Misty could've won that if it happened.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It's too bad that this episode didn't have much time to focus on Misty's annoyance with Macy hee hee, otherwise I would've loved if we had seen her and Macy battle and I'm sure Misty could've won that if it happened.

Macy's whole team was weak to Water, though she had an Electabuzz to make up for that weakness. So she might have won.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight Moe was a good strategist here, because she kept an Eleboo on her team of Fire-types as a counter against Water-types, which I didn't expect.

Daizy

I call you honey
Macy was such an annoying chick since she kept hitting on Ash. She was like a female version of Brock. But due to her crush on Ash I knew she'd suck at battling which was proven here.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
An okay battle to start the league properly, but it wasn't all that exciting. Her crush on Ash was cute, especially how oblivious Ash was to it.

Never been too fond of Squirtle, but I found his body proportions kind of weird in this episode? Could it be because of the new animation style?

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
An okay battle to start the league properly, but it wasn't all that exciting. Her crush on Ash was cute, especially how oblivious Ash was to it.

I really liked that she was given that romance quirk, although it made her seem more important than she ended up being. In retrospect, I wish that Kasumi had struck up a bigger rivalry with Moe since they were complete opposites, and their feelings for Satoshi would've made a good catalyst for them to battle against each other.

MockingJ

Banned
I really liked that she was given that romance quirk, although it made her seem more important than she ended up being. In retrospect, I wish that Kasumi had struck up a bigger rivalry with Moe since they were complete opposites, and their feelings for Satoshi would've made a good catalyst for them to battle against each other.

But the Johto League was about Ash and not his friends so Misty battling Macey wouldn't have made sense because it would've distracted us from the main point of the League mini arc.

"Both of Ash's Pokémon are water types and totally weak against fire types"
"Totally weak against fire types"
"TOTALLY WEAK AGAINST FIRE TYPES"
r/pokemonanime - Ah yes, the day all Pokemon anime fans cried

CURSE YOU BROCK YOU PREDICTED THE KALOS LEAGUE

Macey is a simp for Ash. Good battle. I'm sad that Kingler was robbed but my boy Swag Squirtle is back (should have stayed permanently) and BETTER THAN EVER. Phanpy did awesome too.