• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love Strikes! Eevee, Yikes (898)

Graham Aker

It was specifically pointed out in the episode that it had largely grown comfortable with the rest of the group and was working hard at overcoming its shyness. It's developing.

Did Serena say it was still the most comfortable around Bunnelby when Quilladin looked over? It seemed okay with Dedenne too.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Did Serena say it was still the most comfortable around Bunnelby when Quilladin looked over? It seemed okay with Dedenne too.

She said it seems to feel most at ease when Horubee is with it, yes. Though it only seemed to need that extra comfort here due to the presence of a loud and obnoxious Pokemon it felt really uncomfortable around.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Eevee still seems afraid of Pancham and Chespin at one point. Dedenne and Bunnelby are the only ones it seems okay with, though it was eating with everyone in the previous episode. I guess it won't fully get over it's shyness until it evolves. From one of the earlier scans we got it seems like it might lose Serena's next performance, guess it might evolve soon after that episode.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Wait, sooo Eevee did get development? Guess it was subtle cuz it didn't really show on Eevee.

CupidKirby

This episode was about as good as I expected it to be. It was nice seeing all the lesser-used Pokémon in battle and there were some funny parts.

Some other comments:

That was a nice BATTOUL Eevee had with Quilladin in the beginning. Eevee has a bland move set as others have said but it was worth it for that one joke. Good thing it's not a battler. At this point Noibat's move set is almost looking to be more promising.

Bonnie, Puni, and Dedenne were so adorable. I'm glad they gave some exposition on why Bonnie's bag looks a bit different in the opening.

Team Rocket really needs to stop using rope on magical creatures that can regurgitate fire and lift mountains with their minds.

The scenes between Bunnelby and Eevee were great. I like that kind of continuity between Pokémon.

Also what is the point of giving Serena a new Pokedex when she barely used her first one? Even when a Pokemon is interacting with hers she doesn't even care to learn what is. This shouldn't be a nitpick because who really cares, but come on you got a new Pokedex. At least use it once.

I'm pretty sure what they're doing is having Ash only scan Kalos Pokémon while Serena scans every other Pokémon (assuming that both are present in the scene). It's the best way to appease the fans. I don't take who scans what very seriously at this point.

Wait, so why on Earth was Pikachu in the title card? It almost literally did nothing in this episode.

I was about to say "well Pikachu blasted Team Rocket away (like it always does)" but alas, he didn't even get that.

Janovy

Banned
Wait, so why on Earth was Pikachu in the title card? It almost literally did nothing in this episode.
I assume that when Pikachu appears in the title card, it means that the episode will focus more on the group's Pokemon than their trainers.

Or it could be just random, who knows.

Minios

Smoke weed everyday
This episode just frustrated me. If you aren't going to let Serena finish a battle then stop having her battle to begin with. It's just a waste of time at this point because she either never finishes or she jobs out in less then a minute. I wanted to see The Cham get a victory but I guess the writers are truly dead set on not letting Serena look remotely good at anything beyond her performance goal. If that's your attitude then just have Ash battle Quilladin then, if you aren't going to do anything with Serena battling. I didn't care for this random Quilladin. The only way you will get me to like Quilladin is if you evolve Clemont's. That is clearly not happening. Also what is the point of giving Serena a new Pokedex when she barely used her first one? Even when a Pokemon is interacting with hers she doesn't even care to learn what is. This shouldn't be a nitpick because who really cares, but come on you got a new Pokedex. At least use it once.

Serena was battling with a wild Pokemon so I would careless if she won :p

The reason she doesn't use her Pokedex often is the same as Ash doesn't scan non-Kalos Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why do they always gotta beat down on my bro Bunnelby like that?? Stop trying to make TR seem even halfway strong writers, it's not even working a little bit.

hlvks

Gosh, that Quilladin is one of the msot annoying pokémon I've ever seen in the anime.. But I love how Bunnelby saved everyone from team Rocket's net and a lot of other little things in this episode

dman_dustin

Those were just the signatures of this specific episode's voice cast (with the odd exception of Tsuchida). Don't put anything more into it than that, they most likely just grabbed the people that were recording during that specific session.

Does the timeline make sense when we found out about the signatures? Because doesn't the Japanese record the VA's first and then its animated, and from what we understood in regard's to Ash's Torterra, the animation is worked on ~6 months before it actually airs.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Because doesn't the Japanese record the VA's first and then its animated

No, the show is animated first. Rica posted a picture from a dubbing session a while back and the animation looked complete enough there.

The recording is done so far in advance that the episodes featuring Mika Kanai as Eureka, which were recorded during Mariya Ise's maternity leave, didn't start airing on TV until after Ise had already returned from her leave (so roughly 3 months in advance).

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I'm guessing this episode pretty much bonafide confirmed Eevee as being a chick since Serena got onto Hariborg for "being too violent / troublesome thus girls (Eevee) won't like you" or something of that nature in the raw?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm guessing this episode pretty much bonafide confirmed Eevee as being a chick since Serena got onto Hariborg for "being too violent / troublesome thus girls (Eevee) won't like you" or something of that nature in the raw?

It's been "bonafide confirmed" since day 1, but yes, Serena does refer to Eievui as a girl this episode.

dman_dustin

No, the show is animated first. Rica posted a picture from a dubbing session a while back and the animation looked complete enough there.

Hmm, I was told the voice acting was done first and the animation was done to suit the voice acting, matching the lip flaps with voice acting.

I thought only the dubs had to worry about Voice acting matching the animation.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hmm, I was told the voice acting was done first and the animation was done to suit the voice acting, matching the lip flaps with voice acting.

I thought only the dubs had to worry about Voice acting matching the animation.

Yuyama talked about how the singing for the last movie short got recorded in advance so the lip flaps could be animated to it, I assume you're just mixing it up with that.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It's been "bonafide confirmed" since day 1, but yes, Serena does refer to Eievui as a girl this episode.
Hey, there are plenty of male Eevee who dance around, have eyelashes, dresses and could possibly receive crushes from male Pokemon :p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Oh my gosh. I'm watching the episode now & Quilladin sounds as ugly as it looks >___<