• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love Strikes! Eevee, Yikes (898)

Red and Blue

Sonicheroesfan1

Crystal Veteran
Eevee's attitude is feminine (not talking about the shyness, although that could be a secondary and particular factor). Quilladin is in love with Eevee, and he has manly attitudes, and also to put it in general terms there are more ocasions when the Pokemon in the anime turns out to be the genre it actually resembles, than when it's the other. Also the overall episode joke (trying to impress the girl, failing, rejection, bad luck, etc. -all of them combined-) is mostly done with guys, japanese culture or not.
It's like saying Serena's Fennekin isn't a female, but we've seen plenty of feminine attitudes from her. IIRC, Serena has called it a "she", on both jap and eng dubs (not in my dub for some stupid reason), and well, to 100% confirm it, the event where they gave it to players confirms it's a female. BUT did you really have to get there to be satisfied?

In any case also seiyuus combined with the reasons above.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So Serena's Eevee is a girl then? I figured it was but hopefully this episode confirmed it. In that case some good did come out of this episode after all :)

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
I already went in-depth about this on Youtube, but I get the feeling Quiladin may return in the future. The episode was too poorly handled for this specific Pokemon. Even the less popular wild Kalos Pokemon have had better filler debuts episodes. Ash also has caught all his grass starters in the wild. This (wild) Quiladin could be the next Sandile/Krokorok. Excluding 1st and 2nd Gen, because of poor memory, one of the many trends/patterns that have been a thing is some Pokemon following Ash aka delayed capture: Corphish, Gible, (Oshawott/) Sandile/Krokorok. Ash has also always caught the grass starter in every region (aside from Kalos so far), and Clemont technically owns a different Pokemon (Chespin) from it so Ash could still technically get it without it breaking the same companions can't have same Pokemon code.

Just saying there is potential, not that it will definitely happen.

CupidKirby

I'm hoping Ash doesn't catch it. We don't need another Oshawott-like character on his team. Plus Quilladin and Chespin are a bit too similar in personality. Though given the fact that Quiladin is already evolved, at least there's a chance that he'll reach his final form.

I'm hanging on to the sixth pokemon being a steel/fairy/ghost/psychic instead.

Squirtle_007

DAMN!, this episode sure felt like a waste with so much potential going down to the toilet:
- An episode with Chespin and Pancham getting major focus, sure, let's make Serena and Clemont, THEIR TRAINERS barely speak to each other and melting with the background
- Seeing Chespin and Pancham pulling out such cool combinations with Serena and Clemont NOT taking part is just depressing, the fact that it has happened twice is like if the writers are doing it on purpose
- I, for once, would liked to see Ash getting Quilladin (yes, I know it was confirmed since, like ... 2 months ago that nobody was getting it), but a triple dynamic along with Chespin and Pancham had lots of potential, but only if it ended up evolving, Quilladin is fugly
- BunelVee still having continuity is a nice touch, Serena and Clemont still not giving a crap about each other? ... expected, but dissapointing still

Anyway, I don't really think/care if Quilladin appears again, but Ash still needs a Grass-type he'll get one, deal with it and a Pokémon with a crush would be an interesting twist for an oblivious trainer

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'll say one thing, that Quilladin seemed a fairly decent strength AND had a half decent moveset. It's a shame they didn't allow Ash to capture it, since it would've probably been quite a decent addition..

phanpycross

God-king
I'll say one thing, that Quilladin seemed a fairly decent strength AND had a half decent moveset. It's a shame they didn't allow Ash to capture it, since it would've probably been quite a decent addition..

Wouldnt mind it at all, quilladin reminds me of Pignite in it's design, and I loved pignite. I doubt it would happen with all this Ash-greninja stuff going on, but still.....

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
- BunelVee still having continuity is a nice touch, Serena and Clemont still not giving a crap about each other? ... expected, but dissapointing still

You know, the writers couldn't make it more blatant even if they wanted.

Really, seeing how Eevee's reactions during the part where Bunnelby was leading their escape from TR's baloon made it even more obvious to me.

Eevee with Bunnelby is pretty much like Serena with Ash. I could totally see Serena acting the same way as Eevee on those parts.

As they say, like trainer... :p

Red and Blue

He doesn't really need a Grass type. XY has been breaking patterns and the water/fire/grass cycle could be one of them

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

IKUZZZZZZZZZZ

Pros:

* "WOH WOH WOH YEAH" Goddamn, this new OP is my jam

* Squishy eats Solarbeams for breakfast +1

* WTF?! Calm your **** Quilladin

* Top kek, that random creeper grin

* Smooth bunny +1, take notes Quilladin

* Dayum, this Quilladin is good - the power of b*****s is too strong

* Intercepting side punch from Pancham +1

* I suppose it's a pro that TR has been more threatening as of late?

Cons:

* 95% filler?

* Double Team?! Seriously, as if we haven't seen that enough from Ash's Pokemon. C'mon....

* Noibaby on scout duty...c'mon, give him a battle already

* It's too bad that Clemont's Chespin won't evolve into a jolly Quilladin with serious battling chops

* Yup, for all that bravado, Bunnelby earns himself another beatdown from TR

Thoughts:

* "Bruh, wait till she's a Sylveon. You're a big guy for her."
"For you."

* I wonder if it's a running joke for Serena to not have a finished battle

* Huh, I guess an Eevee(lution) fetish wouldn't be the strangest desire in the Pokeverse

Yeah, it was a comedic episode. Err yeah not much else to say.

3.5/10

Last edited:

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
He doesn't really need a Grass type. XY has been breaking patterns and the water/fire/grass cycle could be one of them

He does need a grass type, just to complete the traditional cycle and play that homage to the 3 starters. He did it with Torkoal and Corphish in Hoenn and Buizel in Sinnoh, so he will again get that grass type in Kalos. Going by tradition, he has 2 Kalos Pokemon left to catch, meaning his next capture doesn't confirm he will will not get a grass type nor would that it will be his full team. AG was the only gen-series to do this - every other gen series was a minimal of at least 6 regional captures.

It's funny how exaggerated this is. They aren't really breaking any actual patterns, they're just taking branching paths with the same reused formulas or changing the start of one so it has the usual patterned outcome.

But he needs three Flying types?

3 flyers is fine, especially since they all serve different roles and aren't ALL weak to the same typings- Talonflame neutral to Ice and has the advantage over it actually, (future) Noivern being neutral to Electric unlike Hawlucha and Talonflame, Hawlucha being weak to Ice but similar to Talonflame, has moves super effective to it.

In short, its not possible for Ash's 3 flyers to all be weak to one typing. Besides, they all serve different roles and use their main typings: Hawlucha- Fighting, Talonflame- Fire, Noibat/Noivern- (Mostly) Flying (and a bit of Dragon to make up for Goodra, as Ash replacement Pokemon always do), so there shouldn't be any complaints, especially considering Kalos' selection and capacity of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
He does need a grass type, just to complete the traditional cycle and play that homage to the 3 starters. He did it with Torkoal and Corphish in Hoenn and Buizel in Sinnoh, so he will again get that grass type in Kalos. Going by tradition, he has 2 Kalos Pokemon left to catch, meaning his next capture doesn't confirm he will will not get a grass type nor would that it will be his full team. AG was the only gen-series to do this - every other gen series was a minimal of at least 6 regional captures.

And yet traditions can break as we've seen in this saga already. He isn't required to have a Grass Pokemon and has done well so far in XY without one. :/

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
And yet traditions can break as we've seen in this saga already. He isn't required to have a Grass Pokemon and has done well so far in XY without one. :/

Name me some of these traditions that have been broken. Goodra doesn't count as it suffered the inevitable release so that the tradition of Ash not being able to be too strong or have fully evolved teams (which Hawlucha is honoring like with Heracross, Torkoal, Buizel and Gible being prevented from evolving along with Ash's 6 non fully evolved team from Unova) stayed in place as well as not being able to own a pseudo pkmn. "Required"? I'd more along the lines say its in the same boat as Ash HAVING to catch a flying/bird type every gen, along with Pikachu being Ash's only electric Pokemon, Ash losing to one Gym Leader before he reaches the league, fully evolving his birds, etc, etc.

Simply put, Ash is getting his grass type Pokemon last or second to last because none are popular enough to be caught by Ash now for promotion. This is evident by Ash's team whom consist of Kalos popular Pokemon. If Quiladin (or any other grass type) was destined to be with Ash, it was delayed because it's hardly cared for and got negative feedback upon its release when X&Y were known about. It's going to be a similar matter to Torkoal.

Doing fine without one is irrelevant. Ash can do fine without any of the 3 basic types if he for example had his grass type and fire type (with no water) or and grass type and water (with no fire).

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
His Water starter is fully evolved. Thats a tradition broken

Figured this would be brought up :). Yes it did but notice it took the circumstances of Ash needing to own the single starter by itself, like Treecko/Sceptile, and it needed to be given the similar deep and emotional abandonment like backstory in order for the evolutions to happen. Every other time Ash had a water starter, it was on a team of not only one more starter along side it but the other two types as well, giving them (Oshawott and Totadile, since Squirtle has a reason not toe evolve) less time to develop in order to evolve. Hit me back up when another water starter evolves while Ash is in possession of other starters which only then would the tradition by fully or truly broken.

Last edited: