• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love Strikes! Eevee, Yikes (898)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hot-blooded Quilladin! Squishy is Being Targeted!!

While training for her next Pokémon Showcase with her Eevee, Serena is stunned to see a wild Quilladin. This Quilladin has rushed over because it is seemingly infatuated with Serena's Eevee at first sight. While Quilladin keeps trying to express its interest in Eevee, Eevee has a different reaction causing Quilladin to want to try harder. Will Quilladin be able to show its love for Eevee?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Serena's Eevee learned Double Team.

AWFUL EPISODE! One of the worst of the entire XY series IMO.

The only good thing was some Pancham screentime. Too bad it didn't get to finish his battle :(

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Nothing of importance happened here.

Eevee's Double Team didn't seem to surprise anyone, so I guess Eevee always knew that move.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Imo, this episode didn't live up to the expectations that I needed. The only important thing was:

Eevee learning Double Team.

I expected Quilladin to play a way larger role.

Janovy

Banned
I think this was more of a 'Eevee debuts Double Team' rather than Eevee learns Double Team, mainly because none of the main characters reacted in shock to the move and acted as if it was completely normal.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So Ash caught Quilladin like people were speculating right? :rolleyes: I've been saying that no one was going to catch it; Ash doesn't have to catch everything that's wild.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So Ash caught Quilladin like people were speculating right? :rolleyes: I've been saying that no one was going to catch it; Ash doesn't have to catch everything that's wild.

In all fairness, Ash is still lacking his Kalos Grass-type, and this would've been a decent opportunity to give him Quilladin/Chesnaught while keeping Clemont's Chespin unevolved for marketability purposes. That said, I'm not too broken up about Ash not catching Quilladin, personally- I've been in favor of him getting Phantump for the longest time. No, I'm more disappointed that the Quilladin didn't turn out to be an evolved Chespie.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So... it really was a wild Quilladin, and not Chespie? And nobody caught it? And I'm guessing the Quilladin isn't following them around or anything?

Why would it be Chespie? It's currently in a hospital, right?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hmm, so Pancham, Chespin, Bunnelby and Dedenne all got an attack in during this episode. Not overanalyzing anything, but thank god that some of the lesser used critters got a chance to stand out. Now we just need Noibat to use an attack not called Supersonic and Luxray in the Litleo-episode.

Yes, you were right. Does that make you feel good and giddy inside? The whole idea of Ash capturing Quilladin (which I probably started), was just a small joke that somebody took seriously and than I went with it. So good job on failing to see that.

And good lord, Swift, Protect, Double Team and either Baby Doll Eyes or Charm.. Holy cow that sucks.

What sucks even more, is that I apparently missed the episode and fell into some weird program with some old Japanese singers for the elderly.. Ehhhh...

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well look at that, it wasn't a complete filler, I stand corrected lol. And I personally love that Eevee has some defensive options. Plus it's better then the generic every Eevee gets Shadow Ball/Dig.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Well, hearing from the general consensus, I take it this episode lacked what the premiere episode had in terms of style and animation. That sucks and all, but I bet it's to be expected I guess…

Was there any scene with Team Flare searching for Zygarde or whatever? Anything corresponding away from the protagonist cast for a moment?

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw the episode pictures and sure enough, no Team Flare and no Alain. Dang. :(

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
Yes, you were right. Does that make you feel good and giddy inside? The whole idea of Ash capturing Quilladin (which I probably started), was just a small joke that somebody took seriously and than I went with it. So good job on failing to see that.

And good lord, Swift, Protect, Double Team and either Baby Doll Eyes or Charm.. Holy cow that sucks.

What sucks even more, is that I apparently missed the episode and fell into some weird program with some old Japanese singers for the elderly.. Ehhhh...
I was technically the first one to bring up it being somebody's capture, but I didnt specify Ash, so W/e.

Oh, and Eevee is still horribly boring, and this episode was all-around awful.

2/10

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I was technically the first one to bring up it being somebody's capture, but I didnt specify Ash, so W/e.

Oh, and Eevee is still horribly boring, and this episode was all-around awful.

2/10

Okay, and in terms of your 2/10, I'd up that to at least a 4/10. I thought that despite lack of an entertaining plot, the fact that Pancham and Chespin got in on an official "vs."-screen meant something, also that Bunnelby and even Dedenne got to fight TR was nice, as opposed to Frogadier or Pikachu hogging the spotlight, it's nice to see the lesser used critters break the mold from time to time and that's worth consideration.

Janovy

Banned
Yeah, I'd give this 4/10 too, there were some neat parts, but overall completely forgettable and pointless.

At least if Eevee developed this would have been a much better episode.ž

EDIT: just realized this isnt a filler because now sycamore knows about squishy and appears in the next episode because of it.