• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Love, Totodile Style! (155)

ZilverLox

Banned
Ash's Totodile was so great in this episode, although I think the COTD girl's Azumarill wasn't a great guest character. She and Golduck were cute as a couple, but I think she was too much of a diva for me to really like her. I did like how Totodile kept trying to win her over, whether it was something Brock was suggesting or not. I think Totodile could have found someone better than Quagsire though. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I think Totodile could have found someone better than Quagsire though. :)

It's not as if Totodile and Quagsire even dated here though, so Totodile's crush on it didn't matter. :p

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Honestly I can kind of understand why Azumarill chose Golduck, cuz I mean he looked much bigger and stronger than Ash's Totodile, plus much less goofy as well. :3

Actually, I think that Azumarill having known Golduck for much longer than she had known Totodile for was the main reason why she chose him as her lover tbh.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Actually, I think that Azumarill having known Golduck for much longer than she had known Totodile for was the main reason why she chose him as her lover tbh.

O yea, that's a good point too ha ha. Totodile's crushes here seemed kind of forced to me however. I mean he fell in love with Azumarill and Quagsire at the end instantly, yet I don't think we ever saw his casanova side again after this episode. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
O yea, that's a good point too ha ha. Totodile's crushes here seemed kind of forced to me however. I mean he fell in love with Azumarill and Quagsire at the end instantly, yet I don't think we ever saw his casanova side again after this episode. ^^;

It was all done for laughs anyway, so his love gag only being used here didn't bother me. If anything, Misty's Psyduck's inability to swim at the start bugged me more...

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Poor Totodile can't win the day. He was just caught, so he needs more time to understand how love really works. At least Brock tried to help. Totodile's cooperation in the circus show was great, though. Makes sense for Azumarill to go after Golduck instead of Totodile.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good episode. Poor Totodile can't win the day. He was just caught, so he needs more time to understand how love really works.

I didn't necessarily get the impression that Waninoko's bad luck with winning Marilli's affection was due to his status as a newly captured Pokemon, however. I figured that it was Waninoko's own carefree and naive attitude in general that was such a huge turn-off for Marilli. She seemed too mature for Waninoko.

Daizy

I call you honey
What's with Totodile becoming like Brock for this episode? Azumarill didn't even look pretty and her attitude was like acid, so Totodile kind of got lucky when Azumarill rejected him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
What bothered me regarding Waninoko's crush was how we didn't see so much as a glimpse of how he would act while in love prior to this episode, nor did we ever see him fall in love again after this installment.

Who knew that Totodile was such a romantic Pokemon? He seemed really jolly when Ash and Misty were fighting over him before, but now he took that to a whole new level here by falling in love with Azumarill and then Quagsire at the end. I liked that Azumarill still didn't like Totodile back at the end of the episode and that she liked Golduck instead because that was way more realistic than her liking Totodile.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I liked that Azumarill still didn't like Totodile back at the end of the episode and that she liked Golduck instead because that was way more realistic than her liking Totodile.

It was much more fitting for her to like Golduck than for her to return Waninoko's affection since she obviously knew Golduck better than she knew him, but her spurning Waninoko made the ending of the episode seem quite depressing.

Totodile was so funny when he fell in love with Azumarill and also when he fell in love with Quagsire in the end of the episode. If this had been a BW episode he would've had a bouquet of flowers like Oshawott had when he gained crushes on Pokemon. I was beginning to like Azumarill after she got kidnapped but then she broke Totodile's heart by choosing Golduck over him. My favorite part was when Totodile danced to cheer up Azumarill. 7/10