• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lovers United (Pokeshipping, PG-13)

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Here's my first pokeshippy fanfiction story. This is my first time posting a fic, so don't be too harsh if you don't like it.

This fic takes place roughly after Ash arrives in Sinnoh, and Misty is STILL stuck at the gym, unfortunately. But fate will give her, and Ash, the little push they need for them to confess their love. There's a sub-plot to this story that loosely connects to another story I'm writing. I think it might be a little hard to understand, but once I'm finished with a large portion of the "sequel", I'll post that, too, which should clear things up. This story was actually planned to be done second, but due to the extreme lenght of its sequel, I did this one first.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon, nor do I own anything else that might be referenced to in this story.

If you want to be on my PM list, just let me know, and I'll add you to the list.

PM list:
el_toro
penngrade6
XxM!styxX
Sableye King

On with the show!

Lovers United

Act I

It was a sunny day in Cerulean City. Misty, the Cerulean Gym Leader, was getting ready for her usual routine of taking care of all the pokemon in the gym. Being a gym leader was a drag. Misty wishes she could travel around the world, like she used to with Ash, when they traveled together. After Ash placed in the top 8 in the Johto League Silver Conference, Ash and Misty were forced to separate, before Misty got the chance to say what she wanted to say to Ash for 5 years: that she loved him. Now Ash was exploring the Sinnoh region, and she was still watching the gym, because her older sisters were too lazy to help.

However, everything was about to change for Misty, as 3 mysterious young men entered Cerulean City. “Why are we in this city?” One of the men said.

“My vision.” One of the other 2 said.

“A vision? That hasn’t happened in I don’t know how long.” The last man said.

“What was the vision about?” The first man asked.

“There were 3 things: A cerulean blue sky, and 2 young kids. One of them was a young girl with fiery-red hair; I couldn’t get a good look at the other person, but I know for sure it was a boy, and he was wearing a baseball cap, I think. Then a voice said ‘Cerulean City, the answer is there.’ That’s why we’re here.” The second man said. Before long the 3 young men were at the gym.

“Leave this to me.” The second man said. “J.R., B.A., you guys stay here.” He added.

“Okay; good luck.” J.R. said.

The second young man entered the gym, ready to fight the gym leader. He had a serious look on his face as he approached the battlefield. He had yellowish-blond hair, a white vest, A black shirt, yellowish-gold gloves, dark blue pants, and a look in his eyes that could burn through lead. Despite his fancy duds, he was a very serious, almost soulless person. But that didn’t mean he was heartless, for he cares very deeply for all his pokemon, and always did what was right.

“Hello?” He said when he reached the battlefield; no one was there. Suddenly, Misty appeared. She was wearing blue short shorts, and a yellow tank top, just like what she wore when she traveled with Ash.

“State your business.” She said to the tall stranger.

“I am known as T.M., and I’ve come here to challenge the gym leader.” The man said.

“Okay, as a gym leader, I must accept challenges from all trainers. As soon as I can find someone to judge this battle, we will begin.” Misty said. She ran off to make a phone call.

“This girl is a lot like the one in my vision. Could she be the ‘Chosen One’ the prophecy foretold of?” T.M. thought.

Soon after Misty returned, Tracey arrived at the gym to judge this battle. “Okay, Tracey will judge this battle, so now we can begin.” Misty said.

“The pokemon battle between Misty and T.M. will now begin. Each trainer will use 3 pokemon with no time limit. Only the challenger is allowed to make substitutions. The battle is over when all of a trainer’s pokemon are unable to battle. Now, begin the match!” Tracey said.

“Corsola, I choose you!” Misty said, as she called out her first pokemon.

“This’ll be a piece of cake; Weepinbell, come on out.” T.M. said, calling out his first pokemon.

“Corsola, spike cannon.” Misty ordered. Corsola readied its attack, but missed.

“Weepinbell, use razor leaf.” T.M. ordered. Weepinbell spun around quickly, launching leaves at Corsola, hitting it hard.

“Corsola, recover.” Misty said. Corsola glowed, and was back on its feet. “Now Corsola, tackle attack.” Misty ordered. Corsola charged at Weepinbell, hitting it, but it was barely fazed.

“Weepinbell, acid.” T.M. ordered, as Weepinbell shot a blast of acid at Corsola, hitting it. “Finish it up with razor leaf.” Weepinbell used razor leaf again, hitting Corsola, and knocking it out.

“Corsola is unable to battle. Weepinbell is the winner.” Tracey said. Misty called back Corsola, and, even though he wasn’t required to, T.M. called his pokemon back, too.

“Round 2, begin.” Tracey said.

“Staryu, let’s go.” Misty said, calling out one of her favorite pokemon. T.M. put Weepinbell’s pokeball back into his vest, and pulled out another one.

“Let’s go, Solrock.” T.M. said, calling out his second pokemon.

“A rock type against a water type? He’s crazy.” Misty thought. “Staryu, water gun.” Misty said. Staryu shot a stream of water at Solrock.

“Solrock, dodge it.” T.M. ordered. Solrock quickly dodged the attack. It may be a rock type, but it was fast.

“Staryu, water gun again.” Misty ordered. This time, T.M. had a different plan in mind.

“Solrock, psychic.” T.M. said. The attack was stopped in mid-air.

“No way!” Misty said in surprise.

“Way; now Solrock, send that attack back at Staryu.” T.M. ordered. The attack was sent back at Staryu, hitting it hard. “Now Solrock, use solarbeam.” T.M. said. The top spike on Solrock’s body started glowing, as it absorbed light to power its attack.

“Staryu, quick, water gun!” Misty shouted, trying to stop Solrock. Solrock launched its attack, and Staryu launched its attack. The two attacks collided in the center of the field, but Solrock’s attack won out, destroying Staryu’s water gun, and knocking Staryu out.

“Staryu is unable to battle. Solrock is the winner.” Tracey said.

“Give up now; there’s not a trainer on this planet who can defeat me.” T.M. said.

“Never!” Misty said, refusing to give in.

“Very well then.” T.M. said.

“The final round will now begin.” Tracey said. Both trainers called their pokemon back, but Misty couldn’t help but be curious.

“Why does he keep calling his pokemon back? He’s starting to creep me out. If only Ash were here, he’d show this creep who’s tough.” Misty thought.

“Gyarados, I choose you!” Misty said, calling out her strongest pokemon.

“Is that your best?” T.M. said; he was clearly not impressed. “Let’s go, Snubbull.” T.M. said, calling out one of his favorite pokemon.

“I’ll show you! Gyarados, hydro pump.” Misty ordered. Gyarados shot a strong blast of water, but it missed.

“Snubbull, thunderbolt.” T.M. said. Snubbull charged itself, and sent a shockwave through the water, shocking Gyarados as well.

“What?” Misty said in shock. She couldn’t believe this guy was beating her best pokemon with a small pink canine. “Gyarados, hyper beam; don’t hold back.” Misty ordered. Gyarados readied its most powerful attack, but T.M. wouldn’t let it happen.

“I’m in control here; Snubbull, thunderbolt, full power.” T.M. said. Snubbull dove into the water and unleashed its electric attack. The shock was too much for Gyarados, and it was knocked out.

“Gyarados is unable to battle, Snubbull is the winner; the victory goes to T.M.” Tracey said.

“Who is this guy? And how did he beat me so easily?” Misty thought.

T.M. approached Misty, not only to get the badge he earned, but also to ask some questions. “You’re creeping me out, sir; please take the Cascadebadge and leave.” Misty said.

“All right, but first, I must ask you some questions.” T.M. said.

“No, please leave now.” Misty said, now a little scared.

“Please, this will be very simple if you cooperate.” T.M. said.

“Get away, or I’ll call the police.” Misty said.

“Bring them on; I have more than enough cash here to bribe them off.” T.M. said, pulling out a wad of money.

“What do you want with me?” Misty asked, now very scared.

“I just need to ask a few questions. If I find what I’m looking for, I’ll let you know and leave.” T.M. explained. Misty decided to agree, since T.M. made it clear he wasn’t leaving without some answers.

“All right; start talking.” Misty said, trying to get him out of there. T.M. started interviewing Misty, trying to find what he was looking for, but gave no hint as to what he wanted.

“All right, I think I have all I need to know; just one more question: Who do you have a crush on?” T.M. asked.

“WHAT?!?” Misty screamed.

“I know you like someone; during our battle, I could sense you wished some guy was here to protect you, so who is he?” T.M. asked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Misty said, trying to get off this taboo subject.

“You can’t hide anything from me; I have telekinetic abilities, so your mind is like an open book. I know you like someone, now tell me.” T.M. said.

“Why do you want to know?” Misty asked, getting more and more nervous with each passing minute.

“Don’t worry; although you are a beautiful young woman, I don’t like you like that, now I’m a busy man, so please answer the question.” T.M. said, getting a little impatient.

Misty knew exactly what T.M. was talking about. She liked, no, loved Ash Ketchum, but no one knew. Misty didn’t tell a soul about this; not Brock, not Tracey, not even her sisters, and a complete stranger figures out her secret in one day.

“Okay, I’ll tell you, but first, I must know why you need to know.” Misty said. She really didn’t want to tell a stranger about the love of her life, but she figures she has no choice.

“I’ll tell you why, but you must promise to never tell anyone as long as you live, deal?” T.M. asked.

“Deal, now why must you know?” Misty asked.

“A couple of nights ago, I had a vision; something I’ve not had in years. In my vision, underneath a cerulean blue sky, I saw two people; one was a young girl, with red hair, just like you, and the other person was a young man wearing a hat. Even though I couldn’t see the faces of the people in this vision, I believe you are the girl from my vision. Then a voice said ‘Cerulean City, the answer is there.’ I asked what it meant, and the voice said ‘The prophecy shall soon come to pass; these children are the key. You must protect them, and guide them, and unite them, nature will do the rest.’ Then I asked where these people were, and the voice said ‘You will find the girl at the Cerulean Gym, she will tell you the location of the boy, but be quick about it, for evil forces are on the move. If you dilly-dally, all hope will be lost. The fate of the world now rests with you, your brothers, and those kids.’ So now, me and my 2 older brothers are here, led by fate to save the world from the ultimate evil. Now that you know, will you answer my question, and tell me where the boy is?” T.M. asked.

Misty was very reluctant at first, but she felt like she had made a promise. “Okay, I’ll tell; the boy’s name is Ash. I met him when we were 10. I fished him out of a river near Viridian City. After he stole my bike to help his Pikachu, I was pretty mad at him for awhile. I swore I’d follow him until he paid me back, but during our travels, I felt something in my soul. Whenever he was near, it felt like there were a million Butterfree flying around in my stomach. I never felt that way before, and by the time we reached the Orange Islands, I was aware of what happened: I was in love. I never said anything, because I was afraid he would laugh at me, or say he didn’t love me back, so I’ve kept it secret from everyone…until now.” Misty said with a sigh.

“Wow, that’s gotta be rough; suffering from unrequited love can be a painful experience, but it can also be a helpful one. But I digress, where is he now?” T.M. asked.

“He’s currently in the Sinnoh region, but please, keep what we just talked about secret, alright? I don’t want Ash to know how I feel until I’m ready to tell him myself, okay?” Misty asked.

“Don’t worry; your secret’s safe with me.” T.M. said. With the knowledge he needs now in his possession, he headed outside, where his brothers were waiting.

“Oh, I almost forgot.” T.M. said, stopping before he headed outside.

“What’s wrong?” Misty asked.

“One small thing.” He said, pulling out a small device.

“What are you doing?” Misty asked, as T.M. used this device to scan Misty.

“Don’t worry; this will only take a second. You may feel queasy after awhile, that’s normal.” T.M. said, as he scanned Misty from head to toe. After he was finished, he looked at the device’s LCD screen. It read: 5000. “Hmm.” He said, looking at the number, trying to figure out what it meant.

“Well?” Misty asked. She didn’t know what was going on, but felt she needed to know.

“Don’t worry about it. Everything’s fine; I have to go now, my brothers are probably wondering what happened to me, and I don’t want to worry them anymore.” T.M. said. He headed outside, where his brothers were waiting.

“What took so long?” J.R. asked.

“Did you find out what we need to know?” B.A. asked.

“Listen up; we’re heading to the Sinnoh region.” T.M. said.

“Sinnoh? We’ve never been there before.” J.R. said.

“Yes, we’ll need a map to explore this region, and luckily, I have one right here.” T.M. said, pulling out a map. “I suggest we start on route 201, and follow the routes from there, and we can ask people in the towns we pass through if they’ve seen our friend.” He added.
“Did you administer ‘The Test’ to the girl?” B.A. asked.

“Yes; her score was 5000.” T.M. replied. “I think our search for the Chosen One is coming to a close, but we must test the boy before I can be sure.” He added.

“What makes you say that?” J.R asked.

“It has something to do with the people in my vision. I think this is nothing more than a puzzle, and every puzzle can be solved.” T.M. replied.

“But what about the ‘other piece’?” J.R. asked.

“What about it?” T.M. asked.

“If these kids don’t fit the parts of the prophecy, then all this running around will have been for naught.” J.R. replied.

“No, I had that vision for a reason. Don’t forget; every other vision I or you guys have had happened for a reason. This is no different. Maybe another vision will happen to one of us, to guide us in the right direction, and warn us if we’re going in the wrong direction. I say we go to Sinnoh, and test Ash, and then we can determine our next course of action.” T.M. said.

The 3 brothers headed to a hotel for the night. Sinnoh is a tough place, with many strong trainers and pokemon, and they’d need all the energy they can get. Meanwhile, Misty was worried about Ash.

“I hope T.M. isn’t a bad guy, or Ash is in big trouble.” Misty thought. Her worry got the best of her; she called her sisters and begged them to watch the gym for a few weeks, while she heads to Sinnoh, to warn Ash about T.M. and his brothers. Maybe she could also build up the courage to admit her feelings to Ash as well.

Tomorrow, Misty would go to Sinnoh, as would T.M. and his brothers, to test Ash, and see if he’s the one foretold in the prophecy. However, none of them were aware of the plan Team Rocket’s been conducting to capture the 3 Legendary Birds. How does this involve Ash, Misty, and the 3 brothers? You’ll see.

Review and comment, and I'll post chapter 2 in a few days.

Last edited:
This is a nice story but whats with the initials? I mean, I would rather prefer actual names and stuff.

And it is also kind of rushed, but thats just my opinion.

But I think I will like the plot with Ash being the chosen one and the three legendary birds and stuff. Please put me on the PM List!

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
So this is the fic you talked about some time ago on the PS thread ? I'm honored to finally be able to read this ! ^_^

on with the review :

“My vision.” One of the other 2 said.

“A vision? That hasn’t happened in I don’t know how long.” The last man said.

“What was the vision about?” The first man asked.

“There were 3 things: A cerulean blue sky, and 2 young kids. One of them was a young girl with fiery-red hair; I couldn’t get a good look at the other person, but I know for sure it was a boy, and he was wearing a baseball cap, I think. Then a voice said ‘Cerulean City, the answer is there.’ That’s why we’re here.”

ok, let's see how this unfolds...

Personnaly, I think Corsola got jobbed :-/

“Get away, or I’ll call the police.” Misty said.

“Bring them on; I have more than enough cash here to bribe them off.” T.M. said, pulling out a wad of money.

“What do you want with me?” Misty asked, now very scared.

Man...he's got the stuff that can pull you out of any situation :p lots of it...
these guys really are creepy...

“You can’t hide anything from me; I have telekinetic abilities, so your mind is like an open book. I know you like someone, now tell me.” T.M. said.

You don't have to be a mind-reader to see that :D The whole WORLD knows it ^_^

but be quick about it, for evil forces are on the move.

Are we talking Team Rocket evil, or real evil ?

sorry...just had to say ythat :p

“Okay, I’ll tell; the boy’s name is Ash. I met him when we were 10. I fished him out of a river near Viridian City. After he stole my bike to help his Pikachu, I was pretty mad at him for awhile. I swore I’d follow him until he paid me back, but during our travels, I felt something in my soul. Whenever he was near, it felt like there were a million Butterfree flying around in my stomach. I never felt that way before, and by the time we reached the Orange Islands, I was aware of what happened: I was in love. I never said anything, because I was afraid he would laugh at me, or say he didn’t love me back, so I’ve kept it secret from everyone…until now.” Misty said with a sigh.

aww...love...beautiful description...like the whole chapter !

Her worry got the best of her; she called her sisters and begged them to watch the gym for a few weeks, while she heads to Sinnoh, to warn Ash about T.M. and his brothers. Maybe she could also build up the courage to admit her feelings to Ash as well.

Well...it wouldn't be a PS fic if they don't interract...so she has to go ^_^

However, none of them were aware of the plan Team Rocket’s been conducting to capture the 3 Legendary Birds. How does this involve Ash, Misty, and the 3 brothers? You’ll see.

whoa...is this the "sub-plot" you're talking about ?

---

great chapter ! the description was great, which is why I'd give you a 9/10...why ? T.M. telling Misty, and Misty immediately telling everything felt a bit rushed to me...

no need to add me to the pm list...I'm here all the time ^_^

I'll be waiting for ch. 2 !! keep up the good work !!!

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Thanks for being kind in your reviews, guys.

To answer some of your questions, shadowshipper, yes this is the fic I mentioned some time ago.

I'm kinda happy you think T.M. is creepy. He's not, but the way he acts, he's definitely someone you don't want to run into after dark.

The evil mentioned, I can't say yet if it's Team Rocket, or something higher than that. You'll find out later in the story.

Anyways, glad you like it.

el_toro

Superfly
Great to see the PSing King is back! ;) As you know, I really like this story since the plot gets more interesting as it proceeds. (I did the proofreading for this story though apparently in some of the reviews, I'm guessing I might have been too linient...) And as you also know, T.M. is one of my favorite characters out of this whole story. I wonder what everyone else will think about him once they read this story as well... :p

Anyway, glad to see you back and to see this fic up finally on the forums! Just as a word of advice, I would post the link up in your sig so you can get more people to read! ;)

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Chapter 2

Here's the second chapter of my fic. Everyone arrives in Sinnoh, and Team Rocket actually does something right for a change. This chapter doesn't seem as rushed as the first chapter, but that's my opinion.

Here ya go.

Act II

It was morning, and T.M. and his brothers had arrived on route 201 of the Sinnoh region. To keep themselves hidden, they flew from Cerulean City to route 201 during the night, using their most valuable pokemon.

“Thanks, guys; now return.” T.M. said, as he and his brothers called their pokemon back to their pokeballs. “I sure hope no one saw us.” T.M. said. After all, the pokemon that took them to Sinnoh were very rare, and very valuable.

“So this is Sinnoh?” J.R. said. “This looks like a nice region. I don’t know why we never came here before.” He added.

“Because we never had to come here before, now keep a look out for a kid with a hat; we must test Ash to see if my theory is true.” T.M. said, beginning to look around the route.

Then, as if on cue, just as the 3 young men began their search, Ash showed up on the route. He was wearing a hat similar to the one he wore while in Hoenn, and a black shirt with a yellow stripe on it. Ash noticed they were looking around for something, and decided to help them. “Are you guys lost?” Ash asked.

T.M. looked over to see the young man. “That hat, it looks a little like the one in my vision. This must be the Ash kid Misty told me about.” T.M. thought. “Excuse me kid, but your name wouldn’t happen to be Ash, would it?” T.M. asked.

“Yes; I’m Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town.” Ash replied. T.M.’s eyes widened when he heard the name Ketchum.

“The ‘other piece.’ That’s it! I can’t believe I didn’t see it before.”
T.M. thought. “Ash, I challenge you to a pokemon battle.” T.M. said, cutting right to the chase.

“The pokemon battle between Ash and T.M. will now begin. Each trainer will use only one pokemon. No time limit. Now, begin the match!” J.R. announced, serving as the judge of this battle.

“Go, Pikachu.” Ash said, choosing his favorite pokemon to battle this mysterious young man.

“Nidoking, I choose you.” T.M. said, picking his pokemon for the battle.

“Pikachu, use thunderbolt.” Ash ordered.

“PIKAAACHUUUUUUUUU!!!”

Pikachu’s attack hit Nidoking, but it was unaffected. “What? Why didn’t my attack work?” Ash said.

“That’s because Nidoking is a ground type pokemon, meaning your electric attacks are useless against it.” T.M. explained. “Now Nidoking, use poison sting.” Nidoking shot poisonous needles at Pikachu, but Pikachu was much faster, probably the only advantage Pikachu has against this pokemon.

“Pikachu, quick attack.” Ash said. Pikachu ran super fast, ramming the opponent hard, but Nidoking was rock hard, and didn’t feel much from Pikachu’s attack, and since Pikachu’s electric attacks were useless, there wasn’t much Ash could do.

While they were fighting, Team Rocket was watching from nearby shrubs. “Ooh, Pikachu, and a Nidoking, this is our lucky day.” Jessie said with joy.

“After they’re done battling, we’ll swipe those pokemon and give them to da boss.” Meowth said.

“And then, the money rolls in; we’ll get raises, promotions, vacations, and so much more!” James said with much enthusiasm.

“Wooooooobbuffet!”

While Ash and T.M. were fighting, and Team Rocket was planning, Misty had just arrived in Sinnoh. “I hope I’m not too late. If anything happens to Ash, I’ll never forgive myself. I hope T.M. didn’t find him yet. What if everything he said was a lie? And he’s really an agent of Team Rocket? I have to hurry!” Misty thought with much concern. She had always been there for Ash, and now, something might happen, because she wasn’t there to protect him. Misty ran to route 201, where she figured Ash might be looking for new pokemon.

“Pikachu, use iron tail.” Ash ordered. Pikachu’s tail glowed and struck Nidoking hard. However, T.M. trained his pokemon well, and they were tough enough to brush off almost any attack.

“Nidoking, show that Pikachu a real iron tail.” T.M. ordered. Nidoking used iron tail, but Nidoking was just too slow.

“Pikachu, agility, then iron tail.” Ash said. Pikachu started running faster, and prepared another iron tail, but T.M. was prepared for any scenario.

“Nidoking, horn attack.” T.M. ordered. Nidoking readied itself, and, when Pikachu was in range, used its horn to block Pikachu’s iron tail. “Now Nidoking, finish this up; use earthquake.” T.M. ordered. Nidoking leapt into the air, and slammed the ground hard, creating a huge earthquake. Ash was thrown off balance due to the force of the attack. Even J.R. and B.A., who saw it coming, were a little disheveled by the attack. Team Rocket was shook greatly, almost exposing themselves, and ruining their plan.

Misty could also feel the attack, and she figured she was too late. She ran towards where the attack was coming from, hoping she could warn Ash to run away. Fortunately for her, the attack created a big dust cloud, so she ran towards the cloud as fast as she could. “Just hang on a little longer Ash. I’m coming, and together, we’ll beat this guy.” Misty thought as she ran to warn Ash.

When the dust cleared, Pikachu had a dazed look on its face. “Pikachu is unable to battle, Nidoking is the winner. The victory goes to T.M.” J.R. announced.

“It’s all right Pikachu, you did a good job.” Ash said, congratulating his pokemon for fighting its hardest.

“That was a good battle, Ash. Here; take this.” T.M. said, handing Ash a potion of some kind. “That’s a full restore; it will restore your Pikachu’s energy 100%.” T.M. said, explaining the potion’s effect.

“Wow. Wait; why are you just giving me such a strong potion? If it’s as strong as you say it is, it must be expensive.” Ash asked, wondering why his opponent would do such a thing.

“Don’t worry about it. I can buy a million of them. Besides, your Pikachu needs it more than I do.” T.M. explained. Ash was surprised; he’d never met a trainer who was so concerned about the pokemon of his opponents before.

“Ash, I can sense a powerful force coming from your soul. If it’s alright with you, I’d like to test this power.” T.M. said.

“Uh, okay……how do we go about doing that?” Ash asked, a little confused about what was going on.

“It’s very simple; I just use this device to scan your soul, if the force inside you is strong enough, I’ll explain everything you’ll need to know.” T.M. explained.

“Ash, no!” Misty screamed. She had just arrived to warn Ash about the 3 mysterious young men.

“Misty? What are you doing here?” Ash asked, surprised to see Misty.

“I think these guys are working for Team Rocket. They stopped by the gym yesterday and this guy, he said something about some prophecy…and ultimate evil…and we were the key!” Misty said in a panic. She was tired after running all day to find Ash, and she appeared delusional.

“Misty, relax; you’re going to hyperventilate if you don’t calm down.” J.R. said, trying to calm Misty down.

“No! I must help Ash…you won’t take him…from me…without…a fight!” Misty yelled. Sure enough, J.R. was right; Misty didn’t listen to his warning, and now, she collapsed, and started hyperventilating.

“Misty? Misty!” Ash shouted.

“Stand back Ash; I know how to handle this.” B.A said. He ran over to J.R.’s backpack, and looked around for awhile before finding what he was looking for: a brown paper bag. J.R was keeping Ash away, while B.A. ran over to Misty, and had her breathe into the bag.

“What’s going on?” Ash asked, a little unsure what was happening.

“Whenever someone begins hyperventilating, have them breathe into a paper bag; it helps the carbon dioxide and oxygen levels in the body return to normal.” J.R. explained. Ash didn’t understand a word J.R. said, but he was right; in a couple of minutes, Misty was back to normal.

“Now Misty, start again.” Ash said. Misty was about to start talking, when she saw T.M. looking at her. It was then she remembered: She promised to never tell anyone what T.M. had told her.

“I’m sorry Ash, but I can’t tell you.” Misty said with a frown.

“Why not? You know you can tell me anything.” Ash said.

“No, I can’t; T.M. said I must keep it secret.” Misty said sadly.

“It’s all right Mist; it’s not important.” Ash said. Misty smiled when Ash called her Mist, it was her unofficial nickname, and it always made Misty feel better whenever Ash called her Mist.

“T.M., you can do your test now.” Ash said. T.M. pulled out the device, and started to scan Ash. When he was finished, T.M. waited for the result. The result was not what he was expecting; just like Misty, Ash’s score was 5000.

“What?” T.M. thought. It seems his theory was wrong. “This can’t be! Only 5000? His score should be much higher than this. No, something must be wrong. This can’t be right.”

“T.M., are you okay?” Ash asked. T.M. had a confused look on his face after seeing Ash’s score. Then T.M. thought hard about his vision.

“That voice said these kids are the key. I must protect and unite them, and nature would do the rest, but what does that mean? This is making my head hurt. Nature would do the rest……Wait! Uniting them…does that mean like boyfriend and girlfriend? Or…husband and wife? Their scores were both 5000, nature will do the rest…that must mean…”

“I’ve got it!” T.M. shouted. Then, out of the sky, a hand grabbed Pikachu from Ash’s shoulder.

“Pikachu!” Ash shouted. The culprits revealed themselves to be none other than Team Rocket.

“Prepare for trouble, you ignorant fool.”
“And make it double, you’re not so cool.”
“An evil as old as the galaxy.”
“Sent here to fulfill our destiny.”
“With Meowth, that’s me!”
“To denounce the evils of truth and love.”
“To extend our reach to the stars above.”
“Jessie.”
“And James.”
“Meowth’s the name.”
“Wherever there’s peace in the universe…”
“Team Rocket…”
“Is there…”
“To make everything worse!”
“Woooooobbuffet!”
“Mime, mime.”

“Team Rocket!” Ash shouted. “Give me back my Pikachu!”

“Fat chance, twerp.” James sneered.

“We’re so happy we’ve captured Pikachu, we decided to record this event: The day Team Rocket finally captures Pikachu!” Meowth said, pulling out a camera, recording the look on Ash’s face.

“Now, you in the white vest, you’re coming with us.” Jessie said, pulling out a bazooka, which shot a net at T.M. T.M. dodged the net, and instead, Misty was snagged.

“Ash!” Misty yelled.

“No, we grabbed the wrong twerp. Oh, well, let’s go.” Jessie said, as the balloon flew away. Pikachu was stuck in an electric-proof mechanical arm, and now Misty was trapped in a net, and brought up to the balloon basket.

“Pikachu! Misty!” Ash yelled.

“Don’t worry; I’ll save them.” T.M. said. The balloon was far away, and high in the sky, but that didn’t bother T.M. one bit. He ran after the balloon with ninja-like speed.

“Wow, he’s fast.” Ash said, suprised that any human could run that fast. Team Rocket was flying pretty fast, but T.M. was able to keep up easily.

“How can that twerp run so fast?” James said. T.M. was fast, but that’s just the first of many surprises he had in store for Team Rocket. He ran ahead of the balloon, and leapt high into the air.

“He can fly?” Team Rocket said, amazed that he could leap so high. T.M. then pulled out a magical sword, and cut the arm that was holding Pikachu.

“No, our prize!” James yelled. T.M. landed on his feet, sheathed the sword, and caught Pikachu in his arms. Ash, J.R., and B.A. soon caught up with T.M. When Pikachu saw Ash, it jumped from T.M.’s arms, and into Ash’s. Now there was the matter of saving Misty; since she was in the balloon basket, she would be a little harder to save.

“To the base!” Jessie yelled. The balloon headed over the mountains into Kanto, where the Team Rocket Headquarters is located.

“MISTY!!!” Ash yelled.

“Don’t worry; we’ll find her.” T.M. said in an assuring tone. T.M. reached into his vest, and pulled out a pokeball. “Go, Crobat!” T.M. said as he called out the bat pokemon. “Crobat, find Team Rocket; they’re in a Meowth-shaped balloon. Find out where they are going, then report back to me.” He ordered. The bat pokemon then flew off to follow Team Rocket.

“You’ll never get away with this! Ash will come and beat you like he always does.” Misty said.

“Not likely; we’re taking you to da boss, and he’ll decide what to do with you and those other twoips.” Meowth said.

“You’ll see; Ash will come, and he’ll beat you, and your boss.” Misty said.

“Quiet, twerpette.” James said, slapping some duct tape over Misty’s mouth to silence her. Misty frowned, as there was nothing more she could do, but wait for her “prince” to save her. However, little does Team Rocket know that Crobat is following them and it will lead Ash and friends to Team Rocket’s headquarters.

“Misty…” Ash said sadly. His best friend has been kidnapped, and there was nothing he could do to save her. Nightfall came, and T.M. and his brothers set up camp for the night. Ash was still upset though, and even food couldn’t take his mind off Misty. J.R. was a great cook, maybe even better than Brock, but despite how good the food was, Ash had one thing on his mind: Misty.

“T.M.?” Ash said. T.M. was currently writing something in a notepad, but was still paying attention to his surroundings.

“What’s wrong, Ash?” T.M. asked, not taking his eyes off the notepad.

“You’ll help me save Misty, right?” Ash asked.

“Of course; if I wasn’t gonna help you, I wouldn’t have sent Crobat to follow Team Rocket. Once it returns, we’ll beat them and save Misty.” T.M. said, still not taking his eyes off the notepad.

“It’s just; Team Rocket shouted something about their base. That means we’ll probably face tougher members than those two, maybe even their leader, and I don’t know if we’re strong enough.” Ash said.

T.M. finished writing, and turned to Ash. “Don’t worry; when it comes to fighting bad guys, I’m always well-equipped.” T.M. said, opening his vest, revealing about 25 pokeballs attached to the inside, and one hanging from a chain around his neck.

“Wow, that’s quite a collection. I noticed J.R. and B.A. also have a pokeball attached to a chain around their necks. Are those pokemon special or something?” Ash wondered.

“Yeah…you might say that.” T.M. answered. “So you see, there’s no need to worry; with this many pokemon on our side, we can’t lose.” He added.

“Yeah; it’s just…I love Misty.” Ash blurted out.

“You do?” T.M. said.

“Yes, it’s kind of a long story. You see; we met when she fished me out of a river near Viridian City. My Pikachu was badly hurt, so I ‘stole’ her bike to get Pikachu to a pokemon center. After Pikachu accidentally destroyed it, Misty vowed to follow me until I paid her back. She always yelled at me and hit me as we traveled through Kanto, and during our travels, I felt a strange feeling from time to time. It felt like a million Beautifly flying around in my stomach. After awhile, she seemed to stop yelling all the time. In fact, around the time I got my Earthbadge, the bike was never spoken of again. After I placed in the top 8 in the Johto League Silver Conference, Misty had to watch the gym, while her sisters were on vacation. She gave me a handkerchief as a goodbye present. It was then I realized that I loved her. I was afraid she would stop being my friend if I said I loved her, so I told no one; not Brock, not May, not Tracey, not even my own mother. But I swear, I’ll rescue her from Team Rocket, and maybe then, I can tell her what I’ve kept secret for so long.” Ash said, wiping tears from his eyes.

“That was a wonderful story Ash. It’s getting late, so you should probably go to sleep. Tomorrow, we’re gonna save Misty, and I’m sure you wanna be well-rested.” T.M. said.

“I can’t sleep, knowing Misty might be in trouble. I wish I could just go now and save her.” Ash responded.

“You just worry about getting some sleep, and leave the rest to me and my brothers. You can’t rescue Misty if you’re tired, so get some sleep, and first thing in the morning, we’ll save Misty from Team Rocket’s plan.” T.M. said. Ash decided to go to sleep, but he was too upset about Misty to fall asleep easily. T.M. could sense this tension, and decided to help Ash out. T.M. reached into his vest and called out a pokemon.

“Wigglytuff, use your sing attack to help Ash fall asleep.” T.M. ordered.

“But what about you?” Ash asked.

“I’ll be fine. I need to talk to my brothers about something. Afterwards, we’ll go to sleep as well.” T.M. answered. Wigglytuff began to sing, and Ash was soon asleep. After calling Wigglytuff back, T.M. went to talk to his brothers, to discuss his new theory.

“I think I’ve got it this time, guys.” T.M. said.

“*yawn* I’m tired, so tell us in the morning, alright?” B.A. said.

“J.R., you’ll listen, right?” T.M. asked.

“Sure.” J.R. replied.

“Remember before when you mentioned the other piece of the puzzle? I think I’ve figured it out. The two traits of the Chosen One is our scanners would register a score of 10000, and the prophecy mentioned that the Chosen One would have the last name of Ketchum. Ash and Misty both scored 5000, so I think if they were married, one of their children would be the Chosen One we’ve been searching for for years. People whose scores are the same or similar tend to be more compatible, so I think we should help the two of them get together.” T.M. explained, showing J.R. the clues he wrote in the notepad.

“Just because they both scored 5000 doesn’t mean one of their kids will have 10000. Besides, the prophecy also mentioned an ‘Evil Chosen’, so how do you know their kid won’t be the evil one?” J.R. asked. “Also, I don’t like the idea of trying to play matchmaker, considering none of us have ever gotten a girlfriend, EVER.”

T.M. needed to figure out how to tell his brother Ash and Misty loved each other without breaking his promise. “Something tells me they belong together. Don’t forget; in my vision, a voice said that we must protect them, and unite them, and nature would do the rest; that can only mean one thing: They are destined to be married, and have children, one of whom would be the Chosen One. I know it’s a one-in-a-million chance, but it’s the only chance we’ve got. And why are you complaining about pairing people together? That didn’t stop us when we tried to pair the last Ketchum male with a young woman.” T.M. said.

“But who are we to interfere with the lives of young people? It doesn’t seem right. How do you know we wouldn’t be making a big mistake pairing them up? We might be releasing the greatest evil this world has ever known.” J.R. said.

“That’s a chance we have to take. The fate of the world rest with us, and those kids. That voice said we must unite them, so even if you won’t help, I’ll do it myself. I know what I’m doing, and in about 20 years or so, you’ll see I was right.” T.M. said. He knew Ash loved Misty, and vice-versa, but he couldn’t say anything, because he promised to keep it secret. J.R. decided to help; after all, he too, was bound by the same ancient code that T.M. and B.A. were. Before long, the 3 of them were fast asleep.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket had just arrived at the base, with their prisoner in tow. Meowth watched Misty to make sure she didn’t get away, while Jessie and James went to talk to the boss.

“Well, what do you failures want this time?” Giovanni asked, as he knew they never did anything right.

“We didn’t catch Pikachu, but we have the kid’s girlfriend, so if he finds his way here, we can trap him, and take his pokemon. We even have a video of what the kid looks like.” Jessie said, handing the boss the tape. Giovanni watched the tape, and noticed something familiar.

“Look at the 3 young men in this tape.” Giovanni said, pointing out T.M., J.R., and B.A.

“They were traveling with the other kid; we tried to grab the one in the white vest, when we accidentally snagged the girl. They might try to come with the other twerp as well.” James said.

“Make sure they do.” Giovanni said. “I dare say, you guys may have done something right for a change. Now take the girl to detention cell 21F. I have to prepare for the arrival of these people.”

“All right! Now you can finally get that Pikachu you want so badly.” Jessie said, as she left with James to take Misty to her cell.

“If all goes according to plan, I’ll claim a prize more valuable than any Pikachu, or any other pokemon for that matter.” Giovanni thought, as he informed his executive members about the trap that they needed to set. One thing they were unaware of is that Crobat followed them to their base, and now was flying back to T.M. to lead them to the base.

Oh, boy. Team Rocket did something right for a change. Misty’s been kidnapped, and now it’s up to Ash and friends to save her. Giovanni is preparing a trap for our heroes, and with T.M. and his brothers lurks a great mystery. How did Giovanni recognize the 3 brothers when they’ve never met? And what is this prize Giovanni mentioned? Only time will tell.

comment, and I'll post chapter 3 in a few days.

This chapter improved quite a bit. Letm e just point out something.

“Thanks, guys; now return.” T.M. said, as he and his brothers called their pokemon back to their pokeballs. “I sure hope no one saw us.” T.M. said. After all, the pokemon that took them to Sinnoh were very rare, and very valuable.

“So this is Sinnoh?” J.R. said. “This looks like a nice region. I don’t know why we never came here before.” He added.

“Because we never had to come here before, now keep a look out for a kid with a hat; we must test Ash to see if my theory is true.” T.M. said, beginning to look around the route.

I think you used the word said a little too much. Try to think of other words.

I didn't see any spelling or grammar issues, so that was good. Just try to work on your vocabulary a bit.

And I liked the fight between Pikachu and Nidoking. But I doubt Ash would be so stupid as to put a Electric type Pokemon against a ground type, but thats ok.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
let's see..

Then, as if on cue, just as the 3 young men began their search, Ash showed up on the route.

What ? No Brock, no Hikari/Dawn for no good reason ? Meh...shouldn't have expected any less from you...

“Nidoking, I choose you.” T.M. said, picking his pokemon for the battle.

“Pikachu, use thunderbolt.” Ash ordered.

“PIKAAACHUUUUUUUUU!!!”

Pikachu’s attack hit Nidoking, but it was unaffected. “What? Why didn’t my attack work?” Ash said.

ok, this is just stupid...you'd think a guy who's won the Battle Frontier, Orange League, been trough Kanto, Johto and Hoenn would know that...this was kinda useless...and he even ASKS why it didn't work...

“No! I must help Ash…you won’t take him…from me…without…a fight!” Misty yelled. Sure enough, J.R. was right; Misty didn’t listen to his warning, and now, she collapsed, and started hyperventilating.

A gym leader, a teenager, in prime physical condition, with no health issues, probably swims everyday and hyperventilation ? o_O
that's just wrong...

cause I really don't see a stressful situtation here, which is another cause for hyperventilation...

“Yeah; it’s just…I love Misty.” Ash blurted out.

Ah come ooon !! If they confess after 2 chapters, what's the point of having a fic ?!?just don't put too mushy stuff, or I swear I will stop reading this...

“Also, I don’t like the idea of trying to play matchmaker, considering none of us have ever gotten a girlfriend, EVER.”

xD dorks :p

And what is this prize Giovanni mentioned?

Meh, each of the brothers has one of the legendary bird pokemon, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and keep them in a pokeball around their neck. That's the way they got to Sinnoh, and why they didn't want anyone to see them...cause...they are legendary...PM me if I'm right...

Well...it still did feel a bit rushed, but not too much. I liked it as much as chapter 1, which would probably be around 3 or 4 stars...but I'll wait untill a few more chapters come up...

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
let's see..

What ? No Brock, no Hikari/Dawn for no good reason ? Meh...shouldn't have expected any less from you...

ok, this is just stupid...you'd think a guy who's won the Battle Frontier, Orange League, been trough Kanto, Johto and Hoenn would know that...this was kinda useless...and he even ASKS why it didn't work...

A gym leader, a teenager, in prime physical condition, with no health issues, probably swims everyday and hyperventilation ? o_O
that's just wrong...

cause I really don't see a stressful situtation here, which is another cause for hyperventilation...

Ah come ooon !! If they confess after 2 chapters, what's the point of having a fic ?!?just don't put too mushy stuff, or I swear I will stop reading this...

xD dorks :p

Meh, each of the brothers has one of the legendary bird pokemon, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and keep them in a pokeball around their neck. That's the way they got to Sinnoh, and why they didn't want anyone to see them...cause...they are legendary...PM me if I'm right...

Well...it still did feel a bit rushed, but not too much. I liked it as much as chapter 1, which would probably be around 3 or 4 stars...but I'll wait untill a few more chapters come up...

TIme to answer some more questions.

Ash just arrives in Sinnoh, so he hasn't run into them yet.

You'd think he'd know by now that Pikachu is uselss against ground types, but this is Ash we're talking about, here.

Just because Misty is young and in good health doesnt mean she can't have a panic attack. Remember, she ran a lot to find Ash, also, she was scared of what might happen to Ash. T.M. is a very intimidating person; I'd be scared too, if I ran into someone like him.

About "confessing" after 2 chapters...Ever hear of one-shots? Besides, it's not like they said it to each other, they're basically filling T.M. in on the situation. Maybe el_toro was right when he said he was too linient with reviewing my fic.

T.M. and his brothers are not dorks. If they were real, they would be considered very handsome. Because of what they are, they must live a life of exile, so even if say, T.M. fell in love with a woman, he would not be able to start a relationship with her, because he must remain an outcast for the greater good.

To answer your next question, you'll just have to wait and see.

I'm sorry if it seems rushed. My fic is not a journey fic like el_toro's. I don't know how to describe it really. It's not a one-shot, nor is it a journey fic. It's somewhere in between. I kinda wrote the first 3 chapters in a rush (they were all written within a week), so maybe that's why these chapters seem rushed. Again, I apologize for that.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Chapter 3

Now it's time for the third chapter. I'm not gonna lie; this is the shortest chapter, so things will probably seem rushed again. Some confusing things go on in this chapter, but I'll explain it as best I can if anyone has any questions.

Here ya go!

Act III

When we last left our heroes, T.M. and his brothers had arrived in Sinnoh. They quickly found Ash, and after Ash’s loss at the hands of T.M.’s Nidoking, Misty arrived, worried that T.M. might be evil. After Misty calmed down, Ash’s soul was scanned to see if he is the Chosen One. After the results fell short, T.M. thought hard about the problem; and, just after he figures it out, Team Rocket arrives and kidnaps Misty. After T.M. finds out that Ash loves Misty, he agrees to help Ash save Misty from Team Rocket. However, Giovanni is already aware that they will arrive soon, and has ordered his executives to set a trap for them, so Giovanni can claim some prize that is apparently more valuable than anything on Earth.

At the Team Rocket base, one of the executives called an emergency meeting of Team Rocket’s best. Since Jessie and James made it all possible, they were allowed to attend, despite being the worst members of all.

“Okay everyone; this is the brass ring, so listen up!” One of the executives said. “We‘ve just received word from Giovanni himself that 4 trainers are going to try to storm this base to rescue one of our prisoners. 3 of these trainers possess power the likes of which we’ve never seen. Here is the data we have on them so far.” The executive said, as he handed files to the members of the meeting.

“First is J.R. He’s not very aggressive, but he’s strong, just like fire. He’s the one in the white shirt, with beige pants and red hair.” The executive said, explaining the personality and appearance of the 3 brothers, one by one. “Second is B.A. This guy is even stronger, not to mention as cold as ice. He’s the one with blue hair, blue pants, a blue jacket, and basically blue all over. Last but not least is T.M. He’s the leader of the 3, and the strongest, too. In fact, Giovanni says this guy is the reason he was able to start Team Rocket. Not only is he a powerful pokemon trainer, but he has lightning-quick reflexes that puts our best agents to shame. He’s the one who’s dressed in fancy clothes. They should be traveling with some kid, who is just a normal trainer, so try to get him first. All right troops, the time is now. When you see one of them, show no mercy!” The executive shouted, as he left the room. “Oh, I almost forgot; Jessie, James, Meowth, the boss wants to see you right away.” He said, before leaving.

The three of them reported to Giovanni’s office immediately. When they arrived, he said only one thing. “Bring me the girl.” They went to the detention cells to get Misty.

Misty was sitting in her cell, wondering when Ash will come, but also trying to find a way out. “How can I possibly escape?” She wondered.

“You don’t.” Some guy said. Misty looked to the cell across from her, to see two guys trapped as well. One was wearing a blue shirt and had blond hair, and the other was wearing a red shirt and had black hair. “There’s only one way out of these cells: You must swear your loyalty to Team Rocket. So you see, about 90% of the people in these cells, including you and me, will never get out.” The blue shirted man said.

“You’re wrong; my friend Ash is coming, and he’ll set all of us free. And maybe then…I can tell him my secret.” Misty said.

“Boyfriend.” The guy in the red shirt mumbled. “I wouldn’t get your hopes up girl; many have tried to break into this base, and they’ve all been captured. We’ve been here for 3 years, waiting for someone to save us, but no one’s strong enough to stop Team Rocket.” He added.

“Ash isn’t alone; he’s coming with 3 others who will help him set us free.” Misty explained.

“He could come with 1,000,000 others; as long as the leader of Team Rocket is able to hide in the shadows, nothing can stop Team Rocket.” The guy in the blue shirt said.

Jessie and James arrived to take Misty to the boss. “Good luck girl; you’re gonna need it.” The guy in the red shirt said as Misty was taken away.

Before long, Jessie and James arrived with Misty at Giovanni’s office. “So, you’re the girl these bumbling idiots snagged.” Giovanni said when they arrived.

“What do you want with me?” Misty asked.

“I need you as bait, as I lure you boyfriend, and his friends into a trap.” Giovanni explained.

“Boyfriend? You mean Ash? But he’s not…” Misty started to say before being interrupted.

“Come on; I was young once. I know how the teen mind works, and I’m certain this Ash kid cares deeply for you, and now that I see you in person, I can see why.” Giovanni interrupted. Misty was starting to get scared.

“Please let me go. I promise I’ll keep quiet about this place. You’ll never hear from me again.” Misty said, trying to get Giovanni to set her free.

“Never! Are you aware of the 3 people traveling with your friend? They wield a power unimaginable, and I’m not going to pass up this opportunity to take it from them!” Giovanni yelled.

“What? How do you know about them?” Misty asked.

“I know more than you think I do. I know they’ll be coming soon, and when they do, their power will be mine! You see, the 3 young men traveling with your little friend each hold a legendary pokemon: Articuno the bird of ice, Zapdos, the bird of lightning, and Moltres, the bird of fire. Once I take these pokemon from them, I will have the power to conquer the entire world! Hahahahaha!!” Giovanni explained. Misty was completely stunned; Somehow, an evil man knows more about these people than anyone. Misty was very frightened now, and desperately wanted to leave.

“Please,” Misty whimpered, “Let me go; I swear I’ll never tell anyone about you. I promise to keep this trap you’ve set secret, just please, let me go.” She pleaded.

“Why should I? I’ll soon possess the greatest power on Earth, and you’re just a little girl! Look at you; you’re shaking like a leaf, and you expect me to just let you go? Hahaha! I needed a good laugh. I’m done with you for now; take her back to her cell.” Giovanni ordered. Jessie and James led Misty back to her cell, where there was nothing more she could do, but wait for Ash, and hope nothing would happen to him.

As Misty prepared to go to sleep, she heard something screeching outside. It was Crobat, and it found her. It folded it wings to make a T shape, and then an M shape, so Misty knew who it belonged to. “Are you T.M.’s Crobat?” She asked it. It nodded. “I need you to do something for me.” Misty reached into her back pocket, and pulled out a pencil and paper. She scribbled something down, and gave the note to Crobat. “I need you to take this message to Ash, okay?” She said with a frown. She gave the note to Crobat, and it flew off to find its master. Misty then laid down on the cot in her cell, and fell asleep.

The note Misty wrote goes as follows:

Ash, this place is dangerous, and if anything happened to you, I’d never forgive myself. I love you more than anything, and I don’t want you to get hurt. Please, don’t come to get me. I’d rather you find someone else and be happy than for you to risk your life to save me. Please, just forget that I ever existed. I just want what’s best for you, so just continue with your journey, and forget all about the ‘scrawny tomboy’ who bugged you for 5 years for some dumb bike. I wish you the best of luck in all you do, and hope you one day achieve your dream of being a pokemon master.

Love Always,
Misty Waterflower

Crobat flew off for route 201 as fast as it could. The Sun was just rising when Crobat returned to their campsite. J.R. was the only one up; he was always the first up. “Crobat, you’re back.” He said when he saw Crobat. He then noticed the note Crobat had in its feet. “What’s this?” J.R. asked, as he grabbed the note, and read it, even though it was for Ash’s eyes only.

“Wow.” is all he said after reading the note. J.R. decided to wake up B.A. to show him the note.

“*groan* What do you want?” B.A. groaned. He never did like being awakened at such an early hour.

“Look at this note Crobat had attached to it.” J.R. said. B.A. read the note, and instantly, his often stern face softened. “Now I think I know why T.M. wants to pair Ash and Misty together; they love each other, but I bet they’re both too scared to admit it. So they need our help.” He added.

“I don’t like playing matchmaker, but I’ll do it.” B.A. mumbled. He was still tired. He wasn’t used to getting up at 5 AM. Since J.R. was the oldest sibling, he always got up first, and woke up B.A. and T.M. later.

Meanwhile, Ash was tossing and turning all night, because of a nightmare he was having.

“MISTY!!” Ash shouted. He was dreaming that Misty was going to die, because he failed in his attempt to save her.

“Silence.” An evil voice said. Ash could see a silhouette of someone, but couldn’t tell if it was someone he knew or not. It sounded familiar, but Ash couldn’t quite recall whose voice it was.

“You won’t get away with this.” Ash said, his eyes burning with rage.

“I already have.” The voice said. “You tried to save Misty and failed, and now you BOTH shall pay the price. HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Ash felt the ground beneath him quake, and then the ground collapsed underneath him. Ash fell in an endless pit while feeling awful for failing Misty. “AHHHH!”

“NO!” Ash screamed as he sprang up from his sleeping bag. He was covered in sweat from his nightmare. He really felt nauseous, and felt like throwing up. “I don’t feel so good.” Ash thought. He was still shaking from his nightmare. The thought of losing Misty was almost too much for him to bear. He didn’t know how he’d be able to live with himself if anything happened to Misty.

T.M. was still asleep, having a troubled dream of his own. He was standing on a platform in space, while images flashed by. The images appeared to be images of him battling, but he had no memory of any of these battles. “What’s going on? Crobat? Gyarados? Magcargo? What is this?” T.M. wondered as images featuring these pokemon appeared. Then images appeared of pokemon he didn’t have. “Kadabra, Jolteon, Larvitar…I don’t have any of those; what’s going on?” He asked.

Next, an image of a building appeared. “That building…” He said. It looked like a fancy prep school for pokemon trainers. It was the Pokemon Solar Academy. It was the finest pokemon school in Kanto, but what does this have to do with T.M.?

The platform began to spin, and more images appeared. This one was the most confusing yet. It was a young boy, younger than Ash, but dressed very similar. “What is this?” T.M. said almost in shock. He wasn’t sure what to think now. This kid looked liked Ash, except he had blue eyes like Misty, and dark brown hair. He was dressed similar too. He wore a red and white hat, instead of a red and black hat like Ash wore. He also had a blue jacket. Whoever this kid was, he was the one training the Kadabra, Jolteon, and Larvitar seen earlier in this dream.

Then that voice that appeared in T.M.’s vision returned. “You are going in the right direction. Don’t give up.” It said. The platform was spinning very fast, and it tossed T.M. into the void of space.

T.M. awoke with a surprised look on his face. With everything T.M. has seen and done in his life, it took something really intense to surprise him. By now, everyone else was up, and ready to go.

“T.M., I need to show you something.” J.R. said, pulling T.M. from the campsite. “I found this note attached to Crobat when it returned.” He added. T.M. read the note, but he already knew the truth.

“Does she think we’re weak or something?” T.M. asked. He felt insulted that Misty told them to give up. They would never give up. The fate of the world may depend on them saving Misty, and helping her and Ash admit their love.

“Let’s go; once we’re done here, I’ve got something to say too. I think I had another vision, but I don’t know. We’ll talk about it after we save Misty, now let’s go.” T.M. said. T.M. donned a white jacket and cape. B.A. and Ash were waiting for them to return.

“Misty, I’m coming to save you; just hang on.”
Ash thought.

It was time to go into Kanto and save Misty. T.M. decided not to show Ash the note Misty sent, and his brothers promised not to talk about it. Since they had to go over mountains, it made sense to use flying pokemon to fly over the mountains.

“Let’s go.” B.A. said as he reached for the pokeball that hung from his neck.

“No! We can’t use those pokemon. This is Team Rocket we’re dealing with. We need another way to get there, and I think I know how.” T.M. said. “Kipa shietusa, mio.” He said in some unknown language. It means ‘Power of the Mind.’ J.R. and B.A. knew what that meant, while Ash was wondering what kind of freak language T.M. was speaking. T.M. and his brothers used their psychic powers to lift themselves, and Ash, into the air.

“Whoa!” Ash said when he felt himself lift into the air.

“Don’t worry; as long as you relax, you’ll be fine.” J.R. said. They followed Crobat over the mountains, and into Kanto. The base was located near Viridian City. Before going to the base, everyone stopped at the pokemon center in Viridian to heal their pokemon before the big fight. Ash also contacted Professor Oak to get some of his strongest pokemon. When he headed for Sinnoh, Ash left all his pokemon except Pikachu, and Aipom, who stowed away.

The 4 of them followed Crobat on foot the rest of the way to the base. “Misty, I’m gonna save you. I love you more than life itself, and no one, not even Team Rocket will stand in my way.” Ash thought as they approached the base.

Now the story’s getting interesting. Giovanni knows about the brothers, and how each of them holds a legendary bird, but how did he know? T.M. has an unusual vision that makes almost no sense; and now, Ash and friends will soon arrive at the Team Rocket base, to fight for Misty’s freedom. Will Ash be victorious? Find out next time.

Review or whatever, and I'll post chapter 4 in a few days.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
woot !

it's doesn't seem short at all...

“First is J.R. He’s not very aggressive, but he’s strong, just like fire. He’s the one in the white shirt, with beige pants and red hair.” The executive said, explaining the personality and appearance of the 3 brothers, one by one. “Second is B.A. This guy is even stronger, not to mention as cold as ice. He’s the one with blue hair, blue pants, a blue jacket, and basically blue all over. Last but not least is T.M. He’s the leader of the 3, and the strongest, too. In fact, Giovanni says this guy is the reason he was able to start Team Rocket. Not only is he a powerful pokemon trainer, but he has lightning-quick reflexes that puts our best agents to shame. He’s the one who’s dressed in fancy clothes.

this supports my theory on the legendary birds :p

“Boyfriend? You mean Ash? But he’s not…” Misty started to say before being interrupted.

“Come on; I was young once. I know how the teen mind works, and I’m certain this Ash kid cares deeply for you, and now that I see you in person, I can see why.” Giovanni interrupted. Misty was starting to get scared.

heh...who would have thought ? xD
he's kind of right...it is obvious :-/

You see, the 3 young men traveling with your little friend each hold a legendary pokemon: Articuno the bird of ice, Zapdos, the bird of lightning, and Moltres, the bird of fire.

heh...knew it :p

Once I take these pokemon from them, I will have the power to conquer the entire world! Hahahahaha!!”

somehow...I don't see Giovanni with an evil laughter :-/

Misty reached into her back pocket, and pulled out a pencil and paper.

sure...you allways have a piece of paper and a pencil in your back pocket xD anyway...moving on ^_^

The thought of losing Misty was almost too much for him to bear. He didn’t know how he’d be able to live with himself if anything happened to Misty.

...don't read the note then...

It was a young boy, younger than Ash, but dressed very similar. “What is this?” T.M. said almost in shock. He wasn’t sure what to think now. This kid looked liked Ash, except he had blue eyes like Misty, and dark brown hair. He was dressed similar too. He wore a red and white hat, instead of a red and black hat like Ash wore. He also had a blue jacket. Whoever this kid was, he was the one training the Kadabra, Jolteon, and Larvitar seen earlier in this dream.

Vision of the future --> Ash and Misty's son...
future pokemon master with those genes...you know, Misty's and all :p

T.M. and his brothers used their psychic powers to lift themselves, and Ash, into the air.

“Whoa!” Ash said when he felt himself lift into the air.

cool ^_^ psychic AND they have legendary pokemon xD

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

ok...so it was a bit shorter, but know this : it's the perfect lenght imo...

the only part that seemed rushed was Misty's note...the content was too extreme, especially since she knows the brothers are powerful, if she battled one of them allready...besides, she told Giovanni aqnd those 2 guys in the cell that they're going to rescue her...so...yeah...

looking forward to the next chapter ! :)

it's turning out nice so far ! well deserved 4 stars !

The next chapters here! Yay. Heres my favorite part:

“What do you want with me?” Misty asked.

“I need you as bait, as I lure you boyfriend, and his friends into a trap.” Giovanni explained.

That was pretty funny, Giovanni is pretty smart.

Heres a little thing I found;

“I already have.” The voice said. “You tried to save Misty and failed, and now you BOTH shall pay the price. HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

I have to agree with shadow shipper, I don't see Giovanni laughing evilly. I usually see him as a serious, fearless criminal that never smiles.

I am getting even more suspicious with T.M and his brothers. They are pyschic as well.

This chapter wasn't as rushed as before, and I can't wait to see if Misty escapes. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I'm kind relieved this chapter doesn't seem rushed. I figured it would be since it's the shortest chapter, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm glad everyone thinks it's funny that Giovanni knows Ash and Misty love each other, considering Giovanni has never crossed paths witht the group yet (Mewtwo Returns doesn't count, IMO). That thought never even crossed my mind as I was writing it. The story isn't really supposed to be funny; it's soupposed to be mysterious, but I guess a little humor found its way in.

About Giovanni's evil laugh, I guess I better explain that. In the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh, the character Bakura sounds a lot like Giovanni, which is no surprise since they're voiced by the same guy. I figured since Bakura has a pretty good evil laugh, I could apply it to Giovanni as well, but I guess that backfired.

As for T.M. and his brothers, they still have a few more tricks up their sleeves in this story. The full extent of their powers isn't revealed in this story, but they still have a few magic tricks left.

Again, I'm happy this chapter didn't seem rushed, and I hope you like chapter 4 as much as you've liked the other chapters so far.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Aww how cute go save her ASH!!!! Can you put me on the PM List please this is getting really good!! I love those guys with the initial names... I wonder who they are...? =D Next chapter please!!

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Okay, XxM!styxX, you're on the list. Chapter 4 will be up in a few days. I'm glad you like the story so far. Not a lot of people were posting, so I was a little unsure what everyone who reads it was thinking.

As for the "Initial Guys", as you have called them, I can't say anything about them. I think part of what makes them cool is the fact that they're so mysterious, and little is known about them. I actually have developed a backstory for them, but to reveal it would ruin their air of mystery, so unfortunately, the only things you'll know about them is what's revealed in the story. :(

Anyways, thanks for commenting, and, like I said, chapter 4 will be up in a few days, provided I'm not too busy.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Action, suspesnse, mystery, and romance. I love these kinds of stories! The only part that I didn't like was that they confessed in the first chapter, although I know not to each other, still, they told complete strangers that they loved each other. Other than that, this is an awesome fic! T.M. is my favorite because of his calmness and coolness. And can I be on the pm list too?

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
OKay, Sableye King, you're on the list. Everyone seems to dislike the sudden confessions, but that's the way the ball bounces.

Everyone also seems to like T.M., as well, because he's so calm about everything. He could watch the most horrific thing you can imagine, and still show little emotion.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Chapter 4

Here's the fourth chapter of my AAML fic. There's a lot of suspense in this chapter. Ash and friends storm the base, and a plot twist I bet no one was expecting is revealed!

Here we go!

Act IV

Last time, Misty was brought before the boss, where she finds out from Giovanni that T.M. and his brothers hold the 3 legendary bird pokemon. Giovanni plans to take these pokemon, and the powers of the 3 brothers, so he can conquer the world. After finding T.M.’s Crobat outside, Misty writes a note for Ash, telling him to stay away. However, J.R. finds the note first, and now will help T.M. in uniting Ash and Misty. Since the note never reached Ash, since the 3 brothers felt it best he not see it, Ash has no idea of the danger that lurks in the Team Rocket base. After getting and healing their strongest pokemon, Ash and friends will soon enter the base, to fight for Misty’s freedom.

“There it is; the Team Rocket base.” T.M. said, as the 4 of them hid in the woods and approached the base. “Crobat, return.” He said, calling his Crobat back to its ball.

“Misty, I’m coming to save you!” Ash shouted as he ran towards the base, before being pulled back by B.A.

“You want to get caught?” B.A. asked, wondering why Ash would be so stupid as to charge the base.

“Well, what are we supposed to do?!” Ash yelled. He loved Misty more than anything, and would attack anything that got in his way; even the 3 brothers.

“It’s simple; J.R. and B.A. will create a diversion, then we leap over the gate, bust down the door, find where they have Misty, save her, and get out.” T.M. said, explaining the plan in its simplest terms. He made it sound simple, but it was anything but. The Team Rocket base was heavily guarded. A giant steel gate around the outside, waves of guards inside, machines ready to tear intruders to shreds; this would not be an easy mission.

J.R. and B.A. went off to do their job of creating a diversion, while Ash and T.M. waited for the signal.

“T.M., do you think our pokemon are strong enough to beat Team Rocket?” Ash asked. The base looked very intimidating, and Ash was beginning to doubt the strength of not only his pokemon, but T.M.’s as well.

“Relax; in all my years as a trainer, only one man has ever bested me in battle. Unfortunately, he no longer walks this Earth. If he were here, though, we could simply charge headfirst into the base, but since he’s not here, we must be more cautious.” T.M. said. T.M. never worries about anything, making Ash a little uneasy. Everyone worries about something, but T.M. has no worries at all.

Some of the guards outside the gate noticed something and left their post to investigate. J.R. and B.A. returned from their task and the 4 trainers headed toward the gate. T.M. and his brothers leaped over the gate as if it was nothing, but Ash needed some help.

“Uh, guys, a little help please?” Ash said.

*Swipe**Swipe**Swipe**Swipe*

T.M. used his magic sword to slice a hole for Ash to crawl through, now the 4 of them reached a giant locked door, but that didn’t stop them. T.M. focused his energy for a few seconds, and kicked the door down; pretty impressive considering the door was locked, made of solid steel, and weighed approximately 1200 pounds!

“T.M., are you and your brothers super beings or something?” Ash asked. Ash had been curious about the magic powers the brothers share, and Ash believed there was no way they could be human.

“We’re on your side; that’s all that matters.” T.M. replied. That wasn’t what Ash was looking for. He was looking for a yes or no answer, and got an answer that left him scratching his head. Ash figured it was probably best the truth be left hidden, and that’s how T.M. and his brothers wanted it.

“Hahaha! Soon those fools will walk into my trap, and I shall take their pokemon and powers, allowing me to rule the world, and then…that’s when I can claim my true prize.”
Giovanni though as he was sitting in his office, waiting for his plan to unfold. However, he was in for a rude awakening.

LEVEL 2 SECURITY BREACH! LEVEL 2 SECURITY BREACH!

“What!?” Giovanni shouted as a voice said there was an intruder in the base. “It can’t be! They broke into the base!? That’s it!” He shouted. Giovanni knew if Misty was freed, his plan would fail, so he headed to the detention cells to get Misty personally.

“We gotta go! Hurry, everyone.” T.M. said as the alarms were going off all over the base. The 4 of them ran to find out where Misty was being held, before being cut off by a large group of rocket grunts.

“You’re not going any further!” one of the grunts yelled. The others got out their pokeballs, and were ready to fight, but J.R. had a different plan.

“You guys go on; I’ll hold these guys off.” J.R. said.

“No, you can’t beat all of them by yourself.” Ash said.

“I’ll be fine; this’ll be like the Mirage Dimension in Miharashi Crater back home, now get going.” J.R. ordered. The 3 others ran off in a different direction, while J.R. stayed to fight the grunts. Ash became more confused. He’d heard of the Mirage Kingdom, and mirage pokemon, but never a Mirage Dimension, or this Miharashi Crater either, which helped support Ash’s theory that the 3 brothers are not of this earth.

“Machamp, Hitmonchan, let’s go!” J.R. shouted, calling out his pokemon. “All right guys brace yourselves; we’ve got to hold them back.” He ordered. The grunts began calling out their pokemon, and since J.R. had only two, they considered him no threat. J.R. knew he probably couldn’t win, but his goal was to stall for time, not victory.

Meanwhile, Giovanni arrived at Misty’s cell, and was determined to get rid of her. “You’re coming with me!” He shouted as he grabbed Misty by the arm, and led her to a dark room.

“No! Let me go!” Misty screamed, not wanting to be part of whatever Giovanni had planned. Giovanni threw her into a chair, and two grunts tied her up so she couldn’t escape.

“Your friends have broken into my base, but they’ll never save you.” Giovanni said. He snapped his fingers, and in the darkness, Misty could see a Cheshire cat-like grin. A rocket grunt emerged from the shadows, but he was no ordinary grunt; he was completely, 100% insane. “I have a job for you; get rid of this girl; do your worst.” Giovanni ordered.

“Hehehehehehe! I always do.” The insane grunt said. Giovanni then left, leaving Misty alone with the insane man. “This’ll be fun. Hehehehehe! HAHAHAHAHAHA!” The man cackled insanely. Misty shivered in fear as to what this grunt had planned for her. The look in this man’s eyes, and the grin on his face told Misty that this guy was completely out of his mind, and there was no telling what he would do.

By now, Ash and the remaining 2 brothers had been searching for over an hour, and still had no idea where Misty was. But soon they’d find what they’re looking for.

“Wait, there’s a computer; we can search for the location of the detention cells from here.” B.A. said, pointing out a computer in an empty room. There was one problem: To access the computer, one needed a key card, and the only ones with the card necessary were executive members.

“Leave this to me.” T.M. said. He began channeling electric energy through his hands, pointed at the key card slot, and shot a small jolt of electricity, shorting out the slot, and enabling them to use this computer. Unfortunately, doing so created bigger problems.

LEVEL 4 SECURITY BREACH! LEVEL 4 SECURITY BREACH!

“No, we’ve got to hurry!” T.M. said as the alarms began blaring again. He sat down and started typing, trying to find Misty’s location. It was hard to concentrate with all the alarms, but T.M. found what they were looking for.

“Here it is; Misty Waterflower, detention cell 21F. Let’s go.” T.M. said. The 3 trainers headed into the hallway, only to be cut off again by 3 grunts.

“Hold it! This is as far as you’re going, you punks!” One of the grunts yelled.

“I’ll handle this, you guys find Misty.” B.A. said.

“No, we already lost J.R., you’re not sacrificing yourself.” Ash protested.

“He’s fine, and I’ll be too, now hurry.” B.A. replied. Reluctantly, Ash decided to leave him, while B.A. tended to the grunts. By now, they had called out their pokemon; a Houndoom, an Absol, and a Mightyena.

“Really, is this all you can muster? Go, Alakazam.” B.A. said, calling out his pokemon to battle. J.R. and B.A. may not have had as many pokemon as their youngest sibling, but the ones they had were almost as strong.

“Ha! You think you can beat us with that?” One of the grunts laughed. Alakazam was a psychic type, while the pokemon the grunts had were dark types, meaning B.A. was at a disadvantage. “Now attack with shadow ball!” The grunt ordered. The 3 pokemon launched a ball of dark energy at Alakazam, and the 3 balls merged to become a giant shadow ball, but B.A. wasn’t worried.

“Alakazam, use psybeam.” B.A. ordered. Alakazam shot a beam of psychic energy at the ball, destroying it, hitting the 3 pokemon, and pushing them into their trainers, knocking them down. “The 3 of you are beaten; you’re rank amateurs compared to one who has battled for centuries.” B.A. said.

“What? You’ve lived for centuries? What’s going on here? Who are you? What are you?” One of the grunts asked, scared of what this man was talking about.

“I’m the thing you fear most.” B.A. said with an almost evil smirk on his face. His eyes glowed blue, and he began to probe the minds of the grunts to make them lose their minds. B.A. always likes playing psychological tricks on his enemies.

“AHHHHHHHHH!!”

The shouts could be heard throughout the base, but T.M. knew everything was okay. J.R. and B.A. said they’d be all right and they are, much to Giovanni’s disappointment. He witnessed everything on a security camera, and knew if Ash got any further, he would be found. However, there was still one thing Giovanni wanted. His desire to claim his prize, whatever it is, kept him from fleeing, like he would have otherwise.

As Ash and T.M. approached the detention cells, the insane grunt trusted with Misty’s demise had come up with a way to eliminate her. He led her to a small room, and threw her in. He spoke to her through a glass window, explaining what would happen.

“I heard through the grapevine that you’re a water pokemon trainer, so I’m sure you’ll find this hilarious. I know I will; hehehehehehe! In 5 minutes, the room you’re in will begin filling with water, and then……well, I’m sure I don’t need to explain any further. Hehehehehe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” The grunt explained. The grunt then left, deciding he didn’t need to watch. Since there was no way in or out, he didn’t need to worry about Misty escaping.

Misty’s face went pale. She loved water almost as much as she loved Ash, and now, it was gonna kill her. She prayed that Ash would hurry, or she’d need to become a real mermaid.

Ash and T.M. arrived at the detention cells, and looked for 21F. But when they found it, there was no Misty.

“No! Where is she?!” Ash shouted. The computer said this is where she would be, but she wasn’t there. A terrible thought then entered Ash’s mind. “Oh, no; what if she’s…we have to hurry before it’s too late!” Ash shouted in a panic. He was trying to stay calm, but that is very hard to do when the love of your life is missing, and you have no idea where they are.

“Do you mind keeping it down?” The guy in the blue shirt asked. Ash and T.M. turned to see the 2 young men Misty had befriended earlier.

“Do you two know what happened to Misty? Tell me!” Ash shouted. They knew something, and Ash wanted answers.

“Yes; the leader of Team Rocket came, and took her away. When he shows up, it only means one thing: Your time is up. If we hurry, we might be able to save her. So, if you’d be kind enough to get us out, we’ll help you in any way we can.” The guy in the red shirt said. They figured if Ash and T.M. made it this far, they could break out after 3 long years.

“Stand back.” T.M. said. He unsheathed his magic sword, and swiped at the keyhole of the cell door. He grabbed the bars, and pulled the gate open. Ash was able to get a good look at the magic sword for the first time. The handle of the sword was pure gold, and the blade glowed a bright blue color. It reminded Ash of Misty’s bright blue eyes, and now, he was more determined than ever to save Misty before it’s too late. Ash and T.M., with the two young men in tow, headed out to find Misty and save her.

15 minutes had passed, and the water was up to Misty’s knees. Misty estimated she had about 25 minutes left before the room was completely filled. “Ash, please hurry.” She said softly. She didn’t know where Ash was, but she prayed he’d get here soon, because Misty didn’t exactly have all day.

Soon, Ash, T.M., and the 2 young men faced a problem; there were 2 paths in front of them, but which way to go? Although it could be dangerous to do so, T.M. decided it’s best to separate and go down both paths. “Ash and I will go this way, you two go that way.” T.M. said. Ash and T.M. went to the left, while the two young men went to the right.

By now, the water was up to Misty’s waist, and time was running out. If Ash didn’t arrive soon, Misty would drown. Misty now understood what the homicidal rocket grunt meant. When he said it was hilarious, he actually meant ironic.

The two young men were looking for a way out, despite their promise to Ash. Soon after they started their trek through the base, they ran into some familiar faces. “Well, well, look what the Delcatty dragged in.” Cassidy said. They ran into Butch and Cassidy, who put them in jail to begin with.

“I know you two; you’re the ones who threw a net over us while we were hanging out in Ecruteak City. You’re Cassidy and Botch.” The guy in the red shirt said. Butch had an angry look on his face, and looked like a Tauros getting ready to charge.

“Why can’t people get my name right? It’s not Botch, it’s Butch!” Butch shouted. No matter how many times he reminded people, no one pronounced his name right.

“Whatever; go, Charmeleon!” The guy in the red shirt said, calling out a pokemon. “Charmeleon, use flamethrower.” He ordered. Charmeleon shot a stream of fire at Butch and Cassidy, scaring them off, and clearing the way. “Charmeleon, use your flamethrower on anything else that gets in our way.” The guy in the red shirt said as they continued to find a way out of the Rocket base.

Misty now had to tread water to keep her head above the water. Any minute now, the room would be completely full, and that would be the end. Misty was very scared now. What if Ash doesn’t come? What if he’s too late? How would he react to seeing her dead in the water? These questions filled Misty’s worried mind as the water continued to rise. Misty tried to stay positive, but she knew her time was up. She quickly inhaled one large breath of air as the room filled up completely. Misty figured she had, at the most, about 3 minutes and 30 seconds before she drowned.

Ash and T.M. continued to search for Misty when they heard an odd noise. “What was that?” Ash asked. Suddenly, the walls started to close in; if they didn’t hurry, they’d be crushed. They ran towards the door on the other side, but it appeared they wouldn’t escape. Ash then noticed the walls stopped moving. T.M. was using his body to keep the walls from crushing them.

“Ash, go on and save Misty.” T.M. said.

“Absolutely not! Your brothers already gave themselves up; I won’t let you do the same.” Ash responded.

“I appreciate your concern, but if you don’t go now, we’ll be crushed, and any hope of saving Misty will be lost, now go!” T.M. ordered. Ash didn’t know what to do. No matter what, Ash could never stand to leave a friend in the lurch; however, he knew if he didn’t go, Misty would never be freed.

Ash ran ahead to save Misty, while T.M. had a plan to save himself. “All right, time to try my new trick. I hope it works, or I’ll be flattened.” T.M. said while trying to keep the walls apart long enough for Ash to get out of harm’s way. Once Ash was safe, the walls came together, making a huge clashing sound.

“T.M.!” Ash shouted. Ash didn’t look back, but was certain T.M. didn’t get out in time.

Misty had been under for over a minute now. She was still okay, but unless Ash showed up in the next few moments, she knew her fate was sealed. “Ash, please hurry. I can’t last much longer.” She thought, hoping that somehow, she could reach Ash, and that he’d save her from her watery grave.

“I can’t believe Team Rocket would stoop so low to get what they want.” Ash said to no one in particular. He figured by now, T.M.’s brothers had been captured, and that he was next. Pikachu tried to console Ash, but he didn’t want to hear it. T.M. and his brothers sacrificed themselves to help Ash, and he would make sure their actions weren’t in vain. “Don’t worry guys, I’ll avenge you, just you wait!” Ash shouted, with some tears in his eyes.

“Pika, pika.” Pikachu said, pointing down the hall.

“Right, let’s go Pikachu.” Ash said. The two of them noticed a room, and decided to investigate, but before they could, Jessie, James, and Meowth showed up to stop Ash.

“Oh no you don’t, twerp.” Jessie said, blocking them from entering.

“I’ve had enough of you! Pikachu, USE THUNDER!!!” Ash shouted. He was full of anger over Team Rocket’s actions, and just about reached the breaking point. Pikachu let loose its strongest thunder attack, shocking them, and creating a huge explosion that could be felt all over the base. Needless to say, Jessie, James, and Meowth were sent blasting off as usual.

“Why didn’t he let us say our motto first? That little speed demon!” Jessie shouted.

“He must have been in a real hurry!” James shouted.

“Well, now there’s something we gotta say, and we gotta do it quickly!” Meowth whined.

“Wooooooooobbuffet!”

“Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off again!”

*ding*

“What on earth was that?” Giovanni asked when he felt the explosion from Pikachu’s thunder attack. He knew where the attack came from, and headed to that part of the base to do some investigating.

By now, Misty had been underwater for almost 5 minutes. Very impressive, but her time was up. She put her hands to her mouth to try to keep the water out, but she couldn’t hold her breath any longer. Misty took a big gulp of water, and her body went limp, and floated to the top of the room. “Ash……I’m…I’m sorry.” Misty thought right before she blacked out.

Ash and Pikachu entered the room, but found nothing, except a small window into the next room. Ash looked in the window to see Misty’s body floating near the top of the room.

“MISTY!” Ash shouted. Ash looked around and found a lead pipe, and started bashing the window with it. After about 5 or 6 swings, the glass broke, knocking down Ash with a wave of water. Misty started coughing and gasping for air. If Ash arrived a few seconds later, Misty might not have made it, but he saved her.

“Ash, you saved me! I don’t…know how…to thank…you.” Misty said in between breaths.

“As long as you’re okay, that’s all that matters.” Ash said. He then gave Misty a big hug. Both trainers felt themselves turn red. “We should really thank T.M. and his brothers.” Ash said, his face turning from happy to sad. “They sacrificed themselves so I could save you. I feel awful that I couldn’t help them. Someday…I’ll find a way to make it up to them.” He added, his face perking up a little.

“We both will.” Misty said, smiling. She unknowingly started to move closer to Ash’s face to kiss him, and he was moving closer to Misty’s face, but before they could share their first kiss…

*click*

“Don’t move.” A voice said. Ash slowly turned around to see Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket, pointing a gun at them. “Stand up; put your hands where I can see them.” He ordered. Ash and Misty did what he told them to. Giovanni then led them to the Team Rocket battle arena, where Ash and Misty would find what was a surprise to Misty, but not to Ash; T.M. and his brothers had been captured too. Even though they could use their powers to reduce the base to rubble, they knew if they surrendered, they’d be brought before the boss, and the 3 brothers could finally put an end to a conflict that has pestered them for years. Ash was surprised T.M. was there, since he figured he was killed a few moments ago.

Ash and Misty were tied to a chair, and placed next to T.M. and his brothers. Giovanni finally had all 5 of them in his grasp. “So, you’re the young man who’s been destroying my base.” Giovanni said to Ash.

“Yes, and I bet you’re the leader here.” Ash replied.

“Right you are; I am Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket, and future ruler of the world, for once your friends give me their powers and rare pokemon, there won’t be a force on this planet that can stop me.” Giovanni said, explaining his plan.

“We will never give up our powers. We use them for good, not evil.” J.R said.

“Once my new second-in-command gets here, you won’t have a choice; she will take your powers, and transfer them to me, and then, wielding your legendary bird pokemon, I can conquer the entire world, and claim the prize you failed to help me get last time we met.” Giovanni said to the 3 brothers.

“Last time?” Misty asked, confused about what was going on.

“That’s right.” T.M. said. “About 20 years ago, Giovanni was a kind-hearted trainer with much potential, just like Ash. When me and my brothers met him, he was hung up on a pretty young lady, so we decided to help him out by bringing the two of them together. A few years later, they had a son together. But when it seemed things couldn’t be better, something happened. Giovanni had everything he wanted: wonderful pokemon, a beautiful wife, a newborn son, but he still desired more. His wife didn’t like what he was becoming, but he insisted everything was fine. After he told her about an organization that could give them everything they want, that was it. Giovanni’s wife left him, taking their young son with her. Giovanni begged for our help to win her back, but we could sense an evil force around him. We did all we could, and could help no more, but he still begged and even threatened us to help him, but we refused. Sometime shortly after, he created Team Rocket, figuring if we wouldn’t help him, he’d find a way to do it himself. He knew of our magic powers, and how we each have a legendary bird pokemon, so we tried to keep a low profile these past 20-some years, until Giovanni could put this mess behind him, but now I see he’ll never get over it.” T.M. said, explaining parts of Giovanni’s past, the creation of Team Rocket, and the fact they have legendary pokemon.

“Yes, and when you came out of hiding, I must admit, I expected you to be a little…older.” Giovanni said. He was right; even though T.M. and his brothers were around 20 years ago, or maybe even longer than that, they didn’t look much older than Ash and Misty. T.M. and B.A. still looked like teens, and J.R. still looked like a young adult, even though they should look about middle-aged or older right now.

“Listen Giovanni, let us go, disband your organization, and your wife will return to you. She left because even though you had everything you could ever want, you still wanted more. This scared her, so if you drop everything and see her again, maybe you can be with her again. Of course, after all these years it might be impossible to heal those old wounds, but it’s worth a shot.” B.A. said.

“You damn fools! The only way to win her love now is to conquer the world, and once that is done, you will all bow before me!” Giovanni shouted.

“If you couldn’t win D…I mean, her love with this plan before, what makes you think it’ll work now?” T.M. asked.

“Because your powers will be working for me, so this time, I can’t fail!” Giovanni replied.

“T.M. you idiot, you almost said her name out loud.”
B.A. said to his brother through telepathy.

“T.M., I noticed that you almost said his wife’s name, but stopped short; why?” Misty asked. Ash was also curious. T.M. knew the truth, but refused to let it out.

“I can’t tell you. It’d only make things worse.” T.M. replied.

“Go ahead; they deserve to know.” Giovanni said, urging T.M. to tell the truth. Giovanni had an evil grin on his face, for once the truth was revealed, he knew nothing could stop him.

T.M. would probably regret this one day, but he decided to talk. “Ash, do you think you’ll be able to handle this?” T.M. asked.

Ash was a little confused by this question. “What does this have to do with me?” He asked.

“You’ll see.” T.M. replied. He let out a big sigh, and then revealed the true identity of Giovanni’s wife. “His wife’s name……is Delia.” He said. Ash recognized the name from somewhere, and then…the truth hit him like a ton of bricks.

“Wait, but then…that means…that……” Ash was having a hard time finding his words.

“Correct. Ash…Giovanni…is your father.” T.M. said. At last, the truth has been revealed. Misty had a look of absolute disbelief on her face, while Ash couldn’t believe the truth.

“That can’t be! That’s impossible!” Ash shouted.

“I wish it were a joke, but it’s not.” J.R. said sympathetically.

“NOOOOOO!!” Ash screamed. He couldn’t believe the man who was the head of the organization he’s been fighting for years is his own dad. Ash started sobbing, and Misty felt awful, though I’m sure Ash was feeling awful enough for all of them. Giovanni simply chuckled at his son’s emotional breakdown.

“How can you be so heartless?!” Misty yelled. “Your son is dealing with a horrible truth, and you’re laughing? You really are evil!” She added. Giovanni shrugged off this comment and continued to watch as his son’s life falls to pieces.

What a chapter! Ash storms the Team Rocket base, saves Misty from drowning, and finds out that Giovanni is his father. There are still some mysteries surrounding the 3 brothers, but the ultimate question is…Can Ash recover from this crippling emotional blow? Let’s hope so.

Review or whatever, and I'll post chapter 5 in a few days.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
already marching into chapter 4 eh ? :) that's good !
but I seriously thought more people would review :(

A rocket grunt emerged from the shadows, but he was no ordinary grunt; he was completely, 100% insane. “I have a job for you; get rid of this girl; do your worst.” Giovanni ordered.

“Hehehehehehe! I always do.” The insane grunt said.

:eek: hooly sh*t...not good...

“What? You’ve lived for centuries? What’s going on here? Who are you? What are you?” One of the grunts asked, scared of what this man was talking about.

“I’m the thing you fear most.”

In such a critical condition, the only thing I could think of was that scene in the cartoon "Mu-lan" with the small dragon, saying in the shadows "I'm your worst nightmare" xD :p
back to the stroy, I'm betting, like Ash, that they aren't from this world...

15 minutes had passed, and the water was up to Misty’s knees. Misty estimated she had about 25 minutes left before the room was completely filled.

too slow...
and even if, 15 minutes passed and it's at knee level, 25 minutes (which aren't even twice as 15 minutes) should barely reach to her shoulders...

anyway...

“Whatever; go, Charmeleon!” The guy in the red shirt said, calling out a pokemon.

waitwaitwait....how'd they get their pokemon back ?!

She unknowingly started to move closer to Ash’s face to kiss him, and he was moving closer to Misty’s face, but before they could share their first kiss…

*click*

“Don’t move.” A voice said. Ash slowly turned around to see Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket, pointing a gun at them.

couldn't you have arrived...like, 20 seconds later ?!?!? I mean, they would still be kissing, they wouldn't have gone anywhere, but nooo, you just had to interrup them >_<

you remind me of Brock in GCYL....da*n you Giovanni !!

“You damn fools! The only way to win her love now is to conquer the world, and once that is done, you will all bow before me!” Giovanni shouted.

so he's in love...that's all...a twisted soul, because of love...

“If you couldn’t win D…I mean, her love with this plan before, what makes you think it’ll work now?” T.M. asked.

:eek: you did that on purpose didn't you ? :p It's not "Delia" right ? Ash isn't his son...right ?
personnaly, I don't mind, I support DiamondShipping ^_^

“ Ash…Giovanni…is your father.” T.M. said. At last, the truth has been revealed. Misty had a look of absolute disbelief on her face, while Ash couldn’t believe the truth.

“That can’t be! That’s impossible!” Ash shouted.

“I wish it were a joke, but it’s not.” J.R. said sympathetically.

“NOOOOOO!!” Ash screamed.

Nice StarWars remake there xD

ok...so DiamondShipping it is ^_^ that IS a twist xD

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

God this was the best chapter so far ! a little long for my taste, but still, it was excellent ! :p

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
already marching into chapter 4 eh ? :) that's good !
but I seriously thought more people would review :(

back to the stroy, I'm betting, like Ash, that they aren't from this world...

too slow...
and even if, 15 minutes passed and it's at knee level, 25 minutes (which aren't even twice as 15 minutes) should barely reach to her shoulders...

anyway...

waitwaitwait....how'd they get their pokemon back ?!

couldn't you have arrived...like, 20 seconds later ?!?!? I mean, they would still be kissing, they wouldn't have gone anywhere, but nooo, you just had to interrup them >_<

you remind me of Brock in GCYL....da*n you Giovanni !!

so he's in love...that's all...a twisted soul, because of love...

:eek: you did that on purpose didn't you ? :p It's not "Delia" right ? Ash isn't his son...right ?
personnaly, I don't mind, I support DiamondShipping ^_^

Nice StarWars remake there xD

ok...so DiamondShipping it is ^_^ that IS a twist xD

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

God this was the best chapter so far ! a little long for my taste, but still, it was excellent ! :p

Glad you like it. This was probably my favorite chapter to write.

The insane grunt is the coolest because he's a psychopathic monster. In fact, writing the scene with Misty in the water room was my favorite part of the story, because of the suspense it creates.

About the brothers, I tried to write them in a way that you'd wonder if they are or are not human. Their magic powers might lead to to think they're part of the supernatural, but the fact they show emotion (at least J.R. and B.A. do), have a sense of right and wrong, and aren't mindless killing machines might convince you they're human. It's not a question of who they are, but what they are, and only I know.

About the misinterpritation about the time in the water room, Misty was scared, because she thought she was gonna die. She simply made a mistake in estimating how long it would be until the room filled up.

About the guy in the red shirt getting his pokemon back, anytime you notice something like that......a wizard did it.

Comparing the scene in my fic to GCYL was funny. XD! I never even thought of that until you mentioned it! First pokeshippers hate Brock, now they hate Giovanni too? When will it all end? Sorry; no kiss for them...yet.

The fact he'd go to such lengths to show his love...kinda scary. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably do the same thing.

Yes, I did that on purpose. To build suspense. I too, support Diamondshipping, which is why I wrote my own interpritation of it into this story.

I had Star Wars on the brain when I wrote that part. It won't be the last Star Wars reference in this story.

I'm glad you liked the plot twist. Unlike the legendary bird plot, this one just came out of left field. Again, it won't be the last.

You think this chapter is good, you should wait and see what I have planned a little further down the road.