• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Low graphic games?

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Every computer has a graphics/video card; you can't render anything without one. If you mean a dedicated graphics card, as opposed to an integrated one that uses memory off the operating system, make sure your laptop is upgradeable in that department- they are often designed for only the RAM be upgradable. If you have a desktop, you should try to upgrade your RAM a bit, as any graphics card you would be recommended nowadays would, at the very least, turn your computer into an Xbox 360- stronger cards beating both HD consoles. Then you'll have no issues. Not that you couldn't look for weaker card.

If you have half a gig of memory, you should probably have at least 32 MB. 1 Ghz is the minimum benchmark for a lot of sixth generation console ports and graphically flexible PC games, such as Megaman X8 and Star Wars Battlefront, which is the highest caliber games you should really be attempting to run.

If you have an Intel integrated graphics chip, this should help:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029090.htm?wapkw=ALL(Dedicated+Graphics)

You should be able to find some sort of graphical information in the Personalization section of the control panel regardless.

Also, I might be mistaken as to how demanding Minecraft is, I just know my integrated card rendered it too slowly for my taste.

The integrated graphics is 32-bit, if I' not mistaken... and this computer is a desktop, not a laptop :(

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
The integrated graphics is 32-bit, if I' not mistaken... and this computer is a desktop, not a laptop :(

32 bit or 32 Megabytes? Those are two different values. 32-bit tends to refer to the operating system, though I know it affects graphics as well.

If you've got 32 Megabytes, than you can probably play Halo in some capacity; don't try Halo 2, though, Gear Box upped the specs on that port. You might be able to get it to run 640x480 windowed and that would it.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
its an Intel 82815 graphics controller, it doesn't say what memory it HAS, so I looked it up.

The Intel® 810/815 chipset families will dynamically allocate video memory up to 32 MB with the PV 6.x graphics drivers. The amount of video memory cannot be adjusted by the user.

Intel® 810 and 815 Chipset Family Dynamic Video Memory Technology (PDF)
This document contains a DVMT overview and reported video memory with PV 1.x – 6.x graphics drivers.
Size: 222 KB
Date: March 2002
File Revision: 3.0

I'm pretty sure it isn't running at max, but it might be!

On the bright side, It looks like my computer might accept AGP after all, but I'm fairly certain I only saw a PCI slot inside it :(

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Why has no one mentioned the Quake series? And maybe emulators for NES games would work.

You can run N64 games in re-drawn (Read: Native) 1080p with 32 MB RAM, provided your monitor is big enough. The N64 maxed out at 8 MB.

its an Intel 82815 graphics controller, it doesn't say what memory it HAS, so I looked it up.

I'm pretty sure it isn't running at max, but it might be!

On the bright side, It looks like my computer might accept AGP after all, but I'm fairly certain I only saw a PCI slot inside it :(

My turn to have a tech fart- AGP and PCI are what now?

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
You can run N64 games in re-drawn (Read: Native) 1080p with 32 MB RAM, provided your monitor is big enough. The N64 maxed out at 8 MB.

My turn to have a tech fart- AGP and PCI are what now?

They are types of non-integrated Graphics Cards, AGP is newer, and has stronger Cards

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
They are types of non-integrated Graphics Cards, AGP is newer, and has stronger Cards

I figured. While I've overheard online discussions, I've never had to install my own dedicated graphics card before. That was always taken care of by the younger brother before I knew the craft of the computer build.

With a processor that weak, just because 1.4 Ghz is, I'm curious as to what the best thing you could use would be.