• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

LOZ OOT Help

Alakazam

I like cheerios.
I want to make a Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time fic named The Battle Continues or The Final Showdown. I need some help on ideas and writing things (Adjectives, how to write it, how they talk and some said words). I want to stay with Zelda, Link and Ganondorf along with the other characters and bosses from OOT. Any help will be appreciated.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I suggest reading all the Zelda fics that are currently on the forum. Mine and Power Shot's are the longest Zelda-only fics at the moment. I'd also suggest playing the game again, it helps you get a better feel for what you're writing.

Alakazam

I like cheerios.
RaZoR LeAf said:
I suggest reading all the Zelda fics that are currently on the forum. Mine and Power Shot's are the longest Zelda-only fics at the moment. I'd also suggest playing the game again, it helps you get a better feel for what you're writing.
I just finished OOT and I am playing WindWaker now.

A

Angelstorm

This might not be a very good idea but why don't you read the manga about it? There are quite a few on the net, and it can help you see different things about the game. The manga helped me to see a world more than swordplay, and helped me to see how each different connection affected Link's quest in the future when he was an adult. But you should also check on Majora's Mask, perhaps.

Reading other fics of Ocarina of time like RaZoR LeAf said is a good idea too. Try to keep your ideas a bit different if you want to also. You can read guides and other things to twist and turn the tale. Also keep in mind of the path you will set out for Link. Keep in mind of the different Links and games as well, know when they were questing. Will he time travel again of grow up normally? I won't go much into detail since I can't remember half of what I was thinking.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Instead of reading the other fan fics, read some more literature. Things like Faulkner, or whatnot. Learn the lessons of the big-league authors and try to emulate their style. I read a book a while back called "The Stranger", by Albert Camus. It's old. But it still is incredibly descriptive and well detailed without being overbearing or boring. Try to do something like that.