• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

Zamin

This is an incredible movie, I just saw it for the first time and it is one of my favourite ever Pokemon movies.

The top three I would say are:
1. Pokemon 4ever
2. Lucario & The Mystery of Mew
3. Pokemon Heroes

I loved the plot and it is very reminiscent of other animes, more so than the anime usually is. I loved the story and the archais war elements to it and the castle and everything. In fact, in a way it kind of reminded me of the great war from gen 6 and the ultimate weapon, I know it is different.

I felt bad for Lucario when he thought he was betrayed but it was great when he found out the truth at the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved the story and the archais war elements to it and the castle and everything. In fact, in a way it kind of reminded me of the great war from gen 6 and the ultimate weapon, I know it is different.

It's a shame that the war subplot at the beginning of the movie lasted only a few minutes. I still remember seeing the two armies clash in the previews, and it was hyped up to be a major plot point. Then I saw the movie itself, and realized that the war was simply a way of introducing Lucario and the Rota kingdom.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Great movie. I liked the fact there was no true villain in it, although Kidd Summers definitely appeared villainous at first. Lucario misunderstanding Sir Aaron was sad, and I felt sorry for him when he gave up his life to save the Tree of Beginning. It was funny when Mew kidnapped Pikachu after he was weakened from the battle against the two Weavile.
9.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Great movie. I liked the fact there was no true villain in it, although Kidd Summers definitely appeared villainous at first.

I half expected her to turn on Satoshi and friends when they reached Mew's lair, but I'm glad that she only caused trouble for them by accident and not on purpose.

Scorbunnie

This movie suffered from no action syndrome which means that because there was no human villain all we could see was Ash and the others running around from the Regi pokemon and those antibody things that the tree produced. Face it that wasn't enough action even for a pokemon film.

BobbbidyBob

My favorite Pokémon movie after the first one

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Overrated movie imo, the plot was mostly boring and I didn't really care for the obvious marketing that made Lucario as obnoxiously popular as it is now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Read the manga adaption some weeks ago. As much as I grew to dislike Lucario, the one we had as the star of this movie was a really interesting character. I'd say it's because of him the species is as hyped as it is. But accounting for the character, not his pokémon species, he was one of the best in the movies

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I liked the movie. It’s the only one I actually have on DVD. Lucario was very interesting as a lead character. I did find it odd how Bonsly’s name was pronounced so differently than in the anime and its anime debut wasn’t that long after the movie was released.

I was looking forward to this movie as it is claimed to be one of the best. And it was. The regi cries are legendary. ÜN ÜN ÜN. Regice Re-Regice REGICEEEEEEE. Lucario and Sir Aaron’s friendship is incredible. I love how Lucario was at first distrustful of its master but then by the end he realized that Aaron really cared about him. This is where Ash first uses his Aura powers, and his and Lucario’s relationship is incredible. Ash’s Pokémon mourning him was sad. What was the biggest tearjerker was Sir Aaron’s speech to Lucario as he was dying. I loved how both Lucario and Sir Aaron sacrificed themselves to save what they love. Playing We Will Meet Again in the end credits isn’t fair… god dammit. Still one of the best ending songs for a Pokémon movie, which makes Lucario’s death all the more emotional.

10/10

(I still like Jirachi Wish Maker better than this one but this one probably comes in at number 4)
1. M03
2. M01
3. M06
4. M08
5. M12

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This movie is so good it justifies all the lucario 'shilling' we've seen since :p
Seriously though this movie was so well written, definitely one of my favs. This, the first 4 OS movies, the DP Movie trilogy, and ICY, Power of Us have just been absolute top tier movies imo. (Others have been good too but these are in a whole other level imo)