• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
SuperSonic said:
The fact that Rukario talked might not indicate that he's a legendary.
True. Slowking could talk in the second movie, at least two Gastly have talked, Meowth can talk, the Lapras from Holiday Hi-Jynx could talk... needless to say, talking=/=legendary all the time. Although it's nice that they explained why Rukario could talk, the only other talking Pokemon we've gotten an explaination for is Meowth.

Bulk

Considering Rukairo is owned by a trainer and dies, I seem to dought that he's a legendary. I don't know why, I just do.

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
I read the whole guide and it sounds like a great movie! Pikachu's so cute in in it's little outfit! ^^ Rukario sounds like a real cool Pokemon. It's a shame it had to die... I thought the medievalness (if that's even a word) was a neat touch. I can't wait for this movie to come out in America!

Wait, is it me or are there more previous legendary reffrences in this movie like in Movie 5? I just looked at this picture I used in the Caption Thread of Phanpy, Grovyle, and Combusken, and noticed something:
[img300]http://www.serebii.net/movies/mew/pictures/012.jpg[/img300]
Look at the case where Grovyle is sleeping, I spy a Celebi, do you?
Phanpy is having a rest on a Suicune (Stool?), and Combusken is playing with 3 legendary birds from Kanto.

Last edited:
A

Ashfan17

The movie looks pretty good. Tell me though does Meowth remember his clone? Last time he saw it, was in that special when Mew Two returned. Also Meowth once again got a bigger part than Jessie and James in this movie I liked Meowth the best though out of team rocket any ways lol.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Latios said:
It's more like staying trustful to your best friends, and helping them no matter what circumstances you are in. Ash is trying to get his friend back, Lucario is telling Ash to forget about Pikachu and turn back. There's really a deeper meaning to the story than it seems.

...Wait...

Another Movie about the power of friendship? :\ Or friendship? Or friendship bonds? Uh, we've had our fair share of that, sorry. ._. Not deep at all.

I

Infinite Light

It seems to me this is a movie about pretty much nothing. Some cool Pokémon in it, but even they don't seem to do much. All I could make out of the spoilers was people running around kicking trees and stuff :/

I was expecting great things from the Regis as well but.... just running around zapping everyone doesn't seem too great. As for Ruk..... it seems to have a lot of personality but not much history.

Actually, on reflection that kinda does make it seem not a legendary. There could be lots of Rukarios, what evidence is there this one is different from any other Pokémon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Inkan1969

Have people seen this movie?

How about a role call of people who've seen this movie in Japan?

I thought I'd ask because I noticed that there's a lot of negative speculation about this movie, but none of it sounds like something written by someone who's actually seen the movie. Just a lot of guessing. It would be a lot more enlightening to hear criticism from people who've seen the movie instead.

I think people should wait until they've seen the movie first before they can say whether or not it's good or bad.

T

The Incarnation Pokemon

Am I the only one who thinks that Aaron + Rukario is so cute and so possible, based on everything that Rukario thinks and feels about him in the movie? He's all "My master...*angst*...Why did you leave me?! *angst*" It would be like Ash + Pikachu, and I know there are lots of people out there who support SatoPika. *prods all SatoPika people to make AaronRukario their new OTP*

B

Brad

Inkan1969 said:
How about a role call of people who've seen this movie in Japan?

I thought I'd ask because I noticed that there's a lot of negative speculation about this movie, but none of it sounds like something written by someone who's actually seen the movie. Just a lot of guessing. It would be a lot more enlightening to hear criticism from people who've seen the movie instead.

I think people should wait until they've seen the movie first before they can say whether or not it's good or bad.

I saw it yesterday in Roppongi Hills and loved it. Much better than the 7th movie (which bored me to tears). There seems to be a great respect for the continuity of the Pokemon series in this movie. Cameos of other legenderies (as seen in the pic above) and Ho Oh... though Ho Oh is Mew and it's never explained why Mew is disguised as Ho Oh, though Mew mimics about 20 other Pokemon in the film too, so I guess Ho Oh and Mew are still different people, however I did think of that ep "Bells Toll for Ho Oh" (or something) where Ho Og left earth because of all the fighting and would only retern when there's peace. This would fit with the Ho Oh sighting in the opening scene with the big battle.

Worth mentioning that the scene in the trailer with Mew kidnapping Pikachu is NOT IN THE MOVIE. Mew simply rescues Pikachu and Meowth and takes them to his home.

The animation was top notch, but was really suprised by how fast the movie finished after Rukario's death. i.e. almost straight away! I was expecting a big fight scene like all the others (especially with the big battle in the opening scene), but we got a very quiet finish.

The friend I saw it with is an English/Japanese interpreter in Tokyo. He said that many points weren't really elaborated upon, such as the Tree of Life and the battle in the begining.

Loved the movie though. In order of faves:

1. Pokemon 3
2. Pokemon Jirachi Wishmaker
3. Pokemon Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero
4. Pokemon Heros
5. Pokemon The First Movie
6. Pokemon 2000
7. Pokemon 4 Ever
8. Pokemon Destiny Deoxys.

btw, after the credits was a preview of the next movie; POKEMON RANGER. A link to the movie wite was shown and a black siloute of Satashi was shown thrown a pokeball (hiding his new costume maybe?)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Butchimatic said:
I think Rukario is a Water Pokemon because the next Pokemon movie is called Mew & the "Wave-Guiding Rukario" I think he has the ability to control waves or something.
er this IS the movie Mew and and the Wave Guiding hero Rukario! The next movie is Pokemon Ranger

Darato

(o,..,o)
Butchimatic said:
I think Rukario is a Water Pokemon because the next Pokemon movie is called Mew & the "Wave-Guiding Rukario" I think he has the ability to control waves or something.

No ;rukario; is steel/fighting

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Butchimatic said:
...you haven't even bothered to learn anything about this film at all, have you? A hearty lol at you my friend~

Jeremy

Butchimatic said:

Wtf lol. o_O

Plz go read the guides on this site. >_>