• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Throughout all my life, my favorite pokemon movie was the first one (Mewtwo Strikes Back) until when I saw this movie, I really changed my mind and liked more Lucario's movie. Overall, the movie was awesome, It brought back my passion of pokemon that clearly was my childhood, beacuse in that time I wasn't interested enough, as well it makes me to start to admire Lucario, he is a real deal. My favorite pokemon was Arcanine before Lucario. Now Lucario is slightly my favorite pokemon. Still Acanine is my 2 in general, but my favorite in the 1st Gen. So this movie is one of the best one generally so far.

AquaMeow

I believe it was the final movie that had the original voice actors. I really enjoyed it and better yet I like how the Regi's appeared. It was cool to see all three of them chilling without them trying to destroy each other or something -_- But trying to destroy Ash, different story.
086.jpg

Vernikova

Champion
They haven't announced that Rival Destinies 1 will be released soon either. Don't be on the look out for it.

Vernikova

Champion
What's that got to do with Lucario and the Mystery of Mew?

That Joe doesn't announce dubbed DVD news so don't expect him to announce news of M08's re-release. It's already been four days after all.

Even then, who's going to buy M08's re-release? it doesn't look like it'll have any new extras for the most part and you can get it used for cheap.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I liked this movie, it was pretty good. The story was unique for a Pokémon movie, and while it did end up being all about friendship and stuff, it wasn't shoved into my face so badly. The struggle inside Lucario with his thoughts and feelings about his trainer was interesting to see, I'm glad they gave him a little bit of depth. The Regi Trio was pretty cool, but they seemed a bit pointless. All they did was chase the main characters around and then left when Mew fixed stuff. Team Rocket felt useless as they always do, but I'm glad they didn't really interfere with the story, and were kept merely as comedy material. They had a few funny scenes, especially James dancing with May.

NPT

Just a member
This movie was pretty good. The tournament montage was great, but I didn't like the song that was playing during the tournament. The princess was so beautiful.

Kidd summers(The dubbers should've gave her a better name) was cute....and cool too. It was funny when Brock took Kidd's hand and started filrting with her after the tournament.

The ballroom dance scene was boring as heck, Why was May looking so happy when she was dancing with a random person? Also, May dancing with James was just plain weird.

The scenes with Lucario and Ash were good. Also, It was nice when Ash was talking about the bond his and Pikachu's bond, I liked the re-animated scene from "Pokémon I Choose You". Those orange blobs were weird, I didn't like how they ate Ash and others like that.

The ending was not as epic as the other movie endings, but it was sad when Lucario died.
The ending song "We Will Meet Again" was much .... Much better than the opening song.

This is the movie that started all the 'Aura gurdian' stuff, which is kinda annoying tbh.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This movie is one of the best I've seen, and that was before I made the Lucario line my main line. Nice feels it gave me.

Oh, misleading DISH description:

"The Pokemon must rescue Pikachu from the clutches of evil Mew."

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
"The Pokemon must rescue Pikachu from the clutches of evil Mew."

Well it did kidnap Pikachu and Meowth. :p

The movie just aired on CN here and I enjoyed it. I had forgotten how much I loved the background music in this movie, and the animation was nice (although the CGI stuff still looked awkward and stiff). I hadn't realized before, but Mime Jr. and Bonsly really seemed out of place in this movie; they did practically nothing and now that I've seen the movie again, I've come to the conclusion that they were merely shown to promote Gen 4 and that's it. Oh well. The ending of the movie still makes me sob.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Once again, I get to see my favorite movie, with the best opening song. Seeing it again reminds me of how much I loved this movie as a kid.

ImmortalMewtwo

Hibernate in Celadon
I finished watching this movie at the end of last school week.
Personal response?

rIBDy3e.png

COULD I PLEASE AT LEAST WATCH AT LEAST ONE ANIME OR MOVIE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER DOESN'T DIE?!

ImmortalMewtwo

Hibernate in Celadon
Ash didn't die. What do you mean?

(I'm kidding, by the way).

Lucario. Lucario died. Get with the program sir.
Also, you should bloody know, since your avatar is Lucario :|

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
This movie is marvelous.

I swear I was terrified with the Regis. The way they sounded and the amazing theme (which was a remix from the one in the third gen) suited them so well it was horrifying. All this atmosphere behind the movie was really well done and it's a pity the movie writers haven't done something similar to it until now. I mean it all felt so adventurous but also... sad? Mew was so lonely and Lucario was so apart of the new world until the moment it was reunited with its master. That's when it all made sense to him.

Oh and that ending? Strong words for a 10-year-old kid indeed.

Freedom

Pokeman
I swear I was terrified with the Regis. The way they sounded and the amazing theme (which was a remix from the one in the third gen) suited them so well it was horrifying.
Yes, the Regis were creepy and interesting at the same time, I loved their cries.

This is probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite Pokemon movie after Pokemon 3. The score to this movie is incredible. The animation was also really good in this one. I usually don't like movies set in the olden days but really enjoyed this one. The last 4Kids dubbed movie and also the last really good Pokemon movie.