• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (M08)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Rukario639 said:
when is this movie airing in japan? i want to see pics of rukario
its already aired in Japan, and you've already seen pics of Rukario

Heracross

Custom User Title
It premiered in movie theaters in Japan. There *is* a difference between being in theaters and airing on TV. =P

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Heracross said:
It premiered in movie theaters in Japan. There *is* a difference between being in theaters and airing on TV. =P
oh THATS what s/he ment by aired. Ehehe

Heracross

Custom User Title
I'm assuming so, since you can't get screenshots by going to a movie theater. ...Unless you sit in the back with a digital camera or something. :p

Heracross

Custom User Title
He already has posted some pictures. And if you need more you can always search the picture thread. We won't get any more until the DVD comes out.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Alfonso said:
...Wait...

Another Movie about the power of friendship? :\ Or friendship? Or friendship bonds? Uh, we've had our fair share of that, sorry. ._. Not deep at all.

Amen to that, your the coolect person on the boards.

We need a new damn director!!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I am crazy about this film!

I have Mew and the wave guiding hero Rukario DS vinyl and Keychains, as well as a rukario pokedoll and a pokemon movie 8 half deck expected in the mail! and for a UK fan they are hard to find...

I can't wait for this film! Rukario sound realy realy amaiing and cool, but if my estimates are correct the UK won't get it until 2011

Last edited:

Lord Mewtwo

Advanced Human
While I was watching Jirachi last night, during the ending credits, there's a scene with Ash and co. walking through a valley. In th background there's a castle. Has anyone noticed that the castle has an uncanny resemblence to the castle in the 8 movie. Sorry if this is off topic, I didn't know whether it went here or the Jirachi thread. Sorry if this is something people know already.

M

Mewbaby_Mew2

I read in a magazine that there is a preview for the 9th movie in the end of the eighth... I wonder if that's true of if they're just screwing up as usual?...

And are we totally positive this'll get a U.S release?... I'm worried... *cries* I don't wanna miss out! I still say the first movie will always be my favorite though...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't know the plot but I know it's exciting.When will the movie be released as a DVD in the US?I love Mew and ;rukario; .

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I'm not sure if Gamefreak/4Kids's waiting for the GBA Pokemon games to sell more before they think of announcing the 8th movie's dub title... Why? Look at the GBA: The only thing that's selling right now is Pokemon Emerald, yet all the other games are selling badly, including Fr/Lg, w/ the top dog in the GCN games category is two games not published by Nintendo... If this keeps up, then we'll be seeing the 8th movie at the dawn of the GBA2 and/or the Revolution if better Nintendo game sales are what Gamefreak/4kids is waiting for... Why do you have to wait, Gamefreak/4Kids??? If you wait and hold back the 8th movie's dub title any longer, that could be a sign that the Advanced generation is finally dying out before we even see Twilight Princess on a GCN that won't be out of gas after TP (meaning if they wait for better Nintendo game sales before announcing the 8th movie dub title, then it's a sign that the GBA and the Gamecube will bite the dust after TP, and the 8th movie becomes a next-gen-released DVD)...

Last edited:

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Is it just me, or does Ash bear an uncanny resemblence to a black mage in his costume?

Likewise:

May is the white mage
Max is either a time mage or a blue mage
Brock is a summoner

skarmachild

Cheer up.
The ninth Pokémon movie is expected to be released in Japan during the summer of 2006. This means that work on the movie is already underway, as Pokeani has summarised:

The screenplay is being written by Hideki Sonoda, and according to his blog, it is entering its final stage after taking about nine months to write.

The lead animation director is Mōri Kazuaki, and according to his homepage, the trailer has been made to be a part of the end-of-year commercials for the movies made by the Tōhō group. From his page, it seems that work on the movie itself has begun earlier than normal.

In an interview with Yuyama Kunihiko on the November 27 Pokémon Sunday, he visited Italy in order to strengthen his vision of 漂流神殿 - "drifting temple" - and visited the ruins of Rome, as well as the cobalt blue city of Naples. According to Mr. Yuyama, a clear vision of the movie is already ready.

So the current situation of the movie is established as this:

* The screenplay and storyboard is almost complete.
* A movie trailer will be broadcast with the other end-of-year Tōhō movie commercials.
* The stage this time has Rome as the motif, possibly with a city like Naples.
* The vision of a "drifting temple" suggests the ruins of Rome as the motif.
* A possible link with link with Pokémon Ranger, as hinted by Coro Coro earlier in the year.
* A summer 2006 release, possibly in July.

The first trailer is expected to be released within the next couple of weeks.

src: Bulbanews

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Well, after figuring out that if all-new Pokemon Episodes come on every Saturday morning, and that Mew and the Guiding Wave Hero(or Pokemon Movie 8) came on in between Japanese Episodes 412 and 413 in Japan, then provided that Miramax, who has the rights to dub the Pokemon movies in the US, is smart and announces the dub title before the time comes for American release, which should be around the time after Japanese Episode 412 comes Stateside and before the time Japanese Episode 413 is scheduled to come Stateside as well on early July 2006... They should announce the final dub title anytime between US Episodes 380 and 395(or Japanese Episodes 382 to 397 if counting the two lost Pokemon: Season 1 Episodes) so that they can open the way to preorder sales for the US Pokemon Movie 8 DVD two-and-a-half to three months before it's scheduled to arrive Stateside... But I bet that's not going to happen, because you know Miramax rushes everything just like 4Kids does, and in order to do so, they have to wait until the last minute to make a simple announcement... If the dub title is not announced in two to seventeen weeks for any reason whatsoever, either by an attempt to wipe out all traces of the Old Sea Chart/Map from the movie in order to get it Stateside w/o interfering w/ Nintendo's promotion plans(even if it fails because of possible technological issues when downgrading the signal that travels from the movie to your DS w/ a GBA Pokemon game inside in which allows for you to download the Old Sea Chart/Map), or Miramax choosing to get the signals wiped away from the movie, or maybe for another reason(like interference caused by the Wi-Fi signal interfering w/ other TVs' signals in a similar fashion to the Xbox 360's when it comes to interfering w/ other electronic devices), then we can always call Movie 8 a "late/lost movie" in the US...

Last edited:

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
About the costumes: I always thought of them as related to what Mewtwo had Joy wear in the first movie. What is it about the Mew line and the fascination with that style of clothing?

Kevin

Beginning Trainer
I can't wait for this movie to come out because it is going to have new pokemon in the movie I hope the story line is good i'm going to get it on dvd when it comes out! ;rukario;