• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucas and Dawn - Fortuneshipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Aggron

Reads too much
Here you may talk anything about Fortuneshipping. Just don't bash any other ship and follow the forum rules.

Personally, I find this ship to be one of those ships similar to Hoennshipping, one that will unfortunately never appear in the anime. But, if you can dig up some fanart or nice fanfiction, please post the link here.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
The manga version of it is called Commonershipping, and personally I find said Commonershipping intriguing. The game version's kinda cute, but they don't have the kind of relationship that I think would turn into romance, so I prefer the manga's versions of them, even if there's been no hints.

Ah, well, such is shipping.

Lord Aggron

Reads too much
The game version's kinda cute, but they don't have the kind of relationship that I think would turn into romance, so I prefer the manga's versions of them, even if there's been no hints.

Ah, well, such is shipping.

Sadly, such is true. Oh well, one can always hope. Well the two ships are similar in some ways, they have the same people, albeit different names. I believe a relationship between Lucas and Dawn would be a very interesting affair to say the least. Things like this make me want to see more characters from the games appear in the anime. Still, if anyone finds some (cute) fanart, please post a link here in this thread.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I thought this was a cute ship when I was playing the games. I still do, but I mean I started liking it on my own... never mind. Anyway, I think they have sort of a senpai/kohei relationship. If you're playing as Dawn, Lucas is more experienced than her, and he sorta guides her along the way. He helps her, and eventually, she's able to help him too. I think it's pretty much adorable. I can't think of much to talk about with this ship, so I probably won't post here much, but... I like it!

Lord Aggron

Reads too much
If only one of us could write a fanfic with the two characters. Well, we could always see if Medea could fit them into her story, Romance 101. Though there isn't much chance of this ship becomming canon, there is a chance that its compatriot, Commonershipping could. Now here's a question for whomever posts here; what do you think of other Dawn ships: Ikarishipping, Pearlshipping, Appealshipping, and Penguinshipping?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Personally, I'm happy with any Dawn ship that isn't Pearlshipping, since it boosts Pokeshipping in a sense (don't ask, it's complicated). However, I am kind of partial to Ikarishipping. I like relationships between people who fight. And Penguinshipping is cute, I like relationships between childhood friends. I also like Dawn/Gary a little, since she was fangirling all over him, and he sorta didn't get it. Or so I hear. And that ship with that guy she was in a contest with... Sorry, I don't watch the show anymore, I just hear things.

But anyway, yeah, I view anime Dawn and game Dawn as two separate entities, so I don't mind other Dawn ships on the show, if that's what you mean. But it would be cute if she had a ship with an anime version of Lucas. However, I don't think the dynamics of the relationship would be the same as in the game, because Dawn is travelling with Ash on the show, and she's alone in the game. In the game, Lucas shows up to give her guidance and help her out, but she's got Ash for that in the anime...

Chelc

Guys, please discuss Fortuneshipping only - if you want to talk about the other Dawn shippings, do it in their respective threads, k? Thanks.

Back to topic.

Lord Aggron

Reads too much
Yes ma'am. Sorry, I didn't intend to rant on about other ships, or have others do it. But yes, it would be tricky to put Lucas into the anime. I guess that they might do something similar to Pokemon Chronicles so they could figure Lucas and other characters from the games into the anime. If pokemon had been a more, shall we say "romantic" game and show, I wonder what it would have been like to see fortuneshipping develope.

EDIT: What if Lucas had joined the group in the anime, he would've been like Max, but actually useful (sorry Max fanboys and fangirls).

Status
Not open for further replies.