• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucid Dreaming

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Lucid dreaming. Let's see. I saw a tv program about a man who could determine the future wit his dreams but he would control his dreams and stuff. It was awesome. I guess he stopped a terrorist bombing. The only people killed were the people who planned the thing because it blew up or something. I'll need to look Into It.

this is only taking control of your dreams, it has nothing to do with changing reality. just making sure you got that

Rezzo

Occasionally
Well in that URL I posted, it is said that when you awake, don't move, open you eyes or anything. Just think this: 'Am I dreaming?' until you fall back asleep. I did this and was immediatly back into my Lucidity state. You should try it. Helps a lot IMO

Since I just started, I have only had 2. Just so happens that they both involved Pokemon, not that I'm complaining xD Made cookies with Absol and Flareon xD Secret to what that means with my friend :3

Haha don't worry, I am pretty successful with Lucid Dreaming. It's just as you start to get older, it actually becomes harder. I cannot LD anywhere near as much as what I could when I was younger than 10.

Hmmm, I've tried to lucid dream, but most of the time I see my self from above or behind myself. It seems like a nice skill though.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
I guess I really shouldn't say I'm a great person at it since I've only had 2 but those 2 were probably the best ever :) I wanna have 'em again :)

Rezzo

Occasionally
Well as long as you can do it then it's all good. Some people keep dream diaries (myself included) to help obtain lucidity even further. Plus, keeping a dream diary's what the cool kids do.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Aw, then I'm not cool :'( Guess it's time to start a diary! And honestly, it sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can get my mom to try this :3

Noheart

The Abysswalker
People who don't think the ability to have Lucid Dreams are wrong. It even happens naturally to some people, some chemicals in the brain do this that and whatever else.

I've tried and tried over and over again to lucid dream, but to no avail unfortunately. Maybe sleep apnea has something to do with it.

Rezzo

Occasionally
People who don't think the ability to have Lucid Dreams are wrong. It even happens naturally to some people, some chemicals in the brain do this that and whatever else.

I've tried and tried over and over again to lucid dream, but to no avail unfortunately. Maybe sleep apnea has something to do with it.

Well sleep apnea might hinder you from Lucid dreaming, but there's still many things you can do to try and get one.

One technique that worked absolute wonders for me, is to set your alarm to go off 90 minutes earlier than normal. This will increase the chances of being woken up during REM sleep, and make your dreams more memorable.

Now you can try and make a dream sign. For example, carry a watch around on your wrist, if you do not already. now every time you check the time, you must always check it twice. In your dreams, your short term memory becomes muddled very easily, and if you are dreaming and you check the time twice, then you might notice that the time changed all of a sudden, causing lucidity. But of course, this relies on you checking your watch in your dream. Just an idea for you.

I can never seem to control myself in dreams. I want to do something, but the dream me does something else.

Rezzo

Occasionally
You just have to keep telling yourself that it's just a dream, and that you can do whatever you wish. Well, that's what they tell us for learning to fly/manipulate objects, but I'm not that 1337 pro yet.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I had lucid??? Dreams. The reason I say this is b/c it was almost backwards. I thought my dreaming life was my real life for a while. I had to be put on meds. But I had powers in my dream world that I would try in the waking and yeah. I am glad I outgrew that.

Psykicko

I got to bake cookies with some amazing people :)! Don't ask what I mean by this 'cause I won't tell you.

Absol6028 said:
Since I just started, I have only had 2. Just so happens that they both involved Pokemon, not that I'm complaining xD Made cookies with Absol and Flareon xD Secret to what that means with my friend :3

Um, yeah... I know what it means... and I'm jealous. xD

Yeah I've had lucid dreams before. I tend to dream every time I fall asleep, but they aren't always lucid, and when they are it's only semi-lucid. That is, I know I'm dreaming, so I take control of my actions, but the dream itself carries on without my intervention. Ususally I develop various superpowers when I go lucid. Telekinesis is a particular favourite of mine, but I've also managed time manipulation, wingless flight, winged flight, super high jumping, super fast running, and gliding across the floor at high speeds.
I have acheived full lucidity before, but whenever this happens I tend to start waking up, so I only get what feels like about 30min to do what I want to do, which sucks really. I would love the chance to spend an entire night doing whatever the hell I wanted. =D

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I had a lucid dream once though once I realized I was dreaming it turned into a nightmare.

It started off where i was on the bridge where the Seal 10 get taken down by Fortune in Metal Gear Solid 2, apparently i wasn't affected because the bullets went right through. Then the scene changed to the bloody hallway just before fighting Gray Fox. the scary thing was that the atmosphere got so thick I got paralyzed from it. To make matters worse I heard steps approaching. I don't know why but instead of seeing Gray Fox I end up seeing Sephiroth. that's when it got freaky because I remember saying to myself "I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm so going to die!" because he had the same expression from the scene he burns down Nibelheim. finally time slows down as he rushes forward and slashes me across the chest. it was really freaky watching it happen and fortunately i woke up before the pain set in, though my chest was slightly tingling from where the sword slashed me

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I guess I've had one of those dream things before. Although when I knew I was dreaming I could wake up but didn't choose to, in fact someone in my dream told me I was dreaming then I made it all vanish and a green hillside came into view, when I woke up I was like what?0.o

Geekachu

I once had one. I was sitting on a brick wall that was floating in the sky. Some voice was telling me to jump on it, so I checked that I was dream, which I was, and I jumped off it knowing that it would have no negative reciprocations.

Quite fantastic actually.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Um, yeah... I know what it means... and I'm jealous. xD

Oh do you now? How could you have possibly figured it out? >.> Are we really that obvious? :\

I once had one. I was sitting on a brick wall that was floating in the sky. Some voice was telling me to jump on it, so I checked that I was dream, which I was, and I jumped off it knowing that it would have no negative reciprocations.

Quite fantastic actually.

Hahahaha. That's one way to have fun xD

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
I can actually do it naturally sometimes, it's fun but not all it's cracked up to be.

Flame Mistress

I've dreamt lucid dreams several times (it's a bit obvious that it's a dream when you see paper lightening...), and once I was even able to control it. It was cool. But the last obe I had was back in last January or something, so... Yeah. =|