• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucid Dreaming

lugia p

zekrom trainer
i heard of lucid dreaming but i didnt know what it was till now. i belive in it because i have had them. i allways go underwater and breathe and i swim with whales but recently ive tried flying and i have to jump off a chair to do so but all i do is hover and thats all. so i prefer the wales it seems so mejastic.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
When I was younger I was dreaming of a story, and I knew it was fictional, and when I realized it was a dream, I stayed in the dream and sort of directed the story.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would love to be able to lucid dream. They always seem really amazing - but I've never been able to have one.

To be honest, I'm terrible at remembering my dreams as well.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Apparently drinking Apple juice just before bed helps. Never tried it myself but worth a shot. I've also heard cases of either being really tired before sleeping and resisting the sleep as well as not being tired at all as methods of making it happen. Naturally as opposites I have no idea which to trust but maybe worth a shot.

Apparently drinking Apple juice just before bed helps. Never tried it myself but worth a shot. I've also heard cases of either being really tired before sleeping and resisting the sleep as well as not being tired at all as methods of making it happen. Naturally as opposites I have no idea which to trust but maybe worth a shot.
I heard banana also help because it's contain vitamin (?) (IDK, I'm forgot), but a supplement with that vitamin also works

EDIT: it's B5 Vitamin

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I have lucid dreams every now and then. And when i do, i have full control. Problem is, just when something awesome is about to happen, the dream ends:(

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
First time I heard about lucid dreaming, I thought the person who was explaining it was saying "Loose a" instead of "lucid". >_> He also mentioned something with his hands that made it possible for him to recognize when he was dreaming.

I'm nowhere skilled enough to control my dreams, and I also have no ability to remember any of my dreams, unless they're traumatic.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I could never do this, but I don't have a use for it considering I stopped dreaming when I was 11.

Casty

I never had a lucid dream and to be frank I didn't even know what it is until recently. Sounds interesting, but I rarely dream as it is and I would prefer if it stayed that way :) (better sleeps etc.)

Absol6028

What did you say...?
i heard of lucid dreaming but i didnt know what it was till now. i belive in it because i have had them. i allways go underwater and breathe and i swim with whales but recently ive tried flying and i have to jump off a chair to do so but all i do is hover and thats all. so i prefer the wales it seems so mejastic.

Ha that's funny ^.^ I bet you would facepalm when you just sit there, expecting to fly. You don't move and you're like 'Wow.. :facepalm:' xD

I never had a lucid dream and to be frank I didn't even know what it is until recently. Sounds interesting, but I rarely dream as it is and I would prefer if it stayed that way :) (better sleeps etc.)

I never dreamed much either tbh. But I just started this about a week ago and even when I don't try to, I have a dream every night. So far I've had atleast 2 dreams every night. ^.^ Had one last night where I dated a Pikachu.. I'm just weird like that ^.^

hyacinth

its possible i've done it when doing it dont do anything too radical as your brain will realise and wake you up sounds weird but its true...

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
A freind of mine does it all the time because she's constantly plagued with nightmares. I tried it a few times, but the dreams sort of... disintegrated into random static after doing so. Any advice on fixing that, anyone?

Trouble is my dreams seem to have two time dimensions, so by the time you finish doing something you will have done it in a different way then when you started it, like the entire chain of events is constantly in flux (I don't have a better way of explaining it). It's possible that I've had brief moments where I've influenced something and not realized it because they're weird like that.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Once I had a pretty weird lucid dream. I realized I was dreaming, and tried to wake myself up. I tried to pry my eyes open, but my brain would not allow it. This lasted for 10 minutes until I finally beat that pink bastard. It was actually a pretty scary experience.

Mark1006

Jesus's rasta friend
I've heard people have gone mental because of lucid dreaming.When they get too attached to their dream characters and start living in their subconsious.(Kind of sounds blissful tbh, because the real world is pretty crap)

Anyway I'd probably just end up spending my dreams having sex with my celebrity crushes, then being immensely dissapointed upon waking.But it'd be cool to retreat into my own little world for awhile every day, might help with the September blues when they come about.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I've heard people have gone mental because of lucid dreaming.When they get too attached to their dream characters and start living in their subconsious.(Kind of sounds blissful tbh, because the real world is pretty crap)

That's actually very scary.

Anyway I'd probably just end up spending my dreams having sex with my celebrity crushes, then being immensely dissapointed upon waking.

Depending on how vivid your dream was, you might be more satisfied.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
my friend recently told me about lucid dreaming and i was like yh i've done that she was like i have a couple of times when i was younger, i was like oh, i did it like the other day :/

Syssareth

I've had lots of lucid moments in my dreams; where I realize that I'm dreaming and can influence stuff for a second or two, but then I seem to be "pushed back" by something and the dream just keeps going on as normal (sort of like I'm sharing a body with someone and they're in control, but I'm watching through their eyes...or like watching a movie filmed in the first-person POV).

I can't have a lucid dream at will, but I have developed a way to identify my nightmares as soon as they start--I dream in color, and I used to have nightmares in color too, but somehow I managed to change that so that every time a dream shifts into a nightmare, the color fades into black and white. As soon as that happens, even if absolutely nothing is going on, I know I'm about to have a nightmare, and I can wake myself up by physically opening my eyes. It's never failed me except for one time, the story of which I'll copy-paste from my journal-Document:

I was in my living room. It was really dark and I could barely see my mother, who was on the other side of the room. I wanted to show her something I'd done, but I went to wash my hands first, and when I came back, she was leaning backwards over the back of her chair in a physically impossible position (because if you lean over too much in that chair, it'll tip over).

Anyway, I knew something was wrong, so I tried to stop, but my feet wouldn't obey. So I realized I was having a nightmare and forced myself to wake up instead. I opened my eyes and found myself in my bed. I went to my mom to tell her about this dream, and she put her hand on my head, rubbing the top of my head with the tip of her finger as I told her the story.

When I was finished, she said something, but I can't remember what it was. I then realized that she had been steadily pushing harder, and harder, and harder on my head, and I knew I was in another nightmare. So I did my forced wake-up again, and this time I made sure I was awake by pinching myself hard.

The freaky thing was, I could still feel where my nightmare-mom had been rubbing my head.
Sounds pretty nice to me too. I've fallen in love at least twice in my dreams, and although none of those were lucid dreams, it was still really disappointing to wake up D: I spend most of my time daydreaming or reading fanfiction anyway.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I have dreams all the time where I'm able to manipulate the elements of the dream. Just the other night, I had a dream where something bad happened, and I stopped and said "no, this isn't how it happened".

Unfortunately, I don't realize that it's a dream at the time. I only realize that it's a dream until after I wake up.