• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucid Dreaming

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
befour i started i barly had any dreams now i have about 6 a week 5 of them are prob lucid

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Well, I've been trying to follow that guy's suggestions and I have been keeping a dream journal, even though it feels a bit silly at times writing down the really weird and obscure details that happen in my dreams. Regardless, I jot down everything I can remember, though I just hope no one else finds it and reads it. Recalling all the details in the dream is tricky though, there are plenty of times when I remember point A and point B but have no clue what happened in between. But from what I have been remember, they're definitely not nightmares.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Sometimes I do but then it becomes more of a thought than a dream and I wake up.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I wish I can quit with the sleep paralysis and hallucinating that comes with it at times.

Old hag feel terrible. I had a dream once but when i tried waking up or moving I couldn't. talk about being freaked out. my brother had it before too but he said he heard an old lady cackling. thank god I never had that, i'd be tripping balls ;)

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Alright, I can honestly say the guide linked in the first post seems like it's working. After writing down a total of nine dreams, I picked up on a few things.

Some dreams seem much more memorable than others. Some also seem to last for quite a while whereas others feel pretty brief and only have a few scraps of things to remember them by. I had a few dreams that were especially vivid where I could fill a page and a half of the dream journal notebook with the dream's details and events. Other dreams, I really had to struggle to get just a paragraph in, and even then, there were parts where some of the details were definitely from the dream, but there was "filler" between the dream's events that I wasn't sure if it was actually from the dream itself, or if I happened to daydream it in the process of trying to remember all of the dream's details and trying to make firm connections.

Last night, I had a pretty wild dream, but I was able to realize I was in fact in a dream. When I realized I was in a dream, I immediately thought of trying to manipulate it in a way that would totally derail and make the dream completely different. Problem was, the dream was actually enjoyable the way it was, so I just decided to leave it alone and let it play out. I did, however, notice that in my temptations the start changing things, I felt a sort of "tugging" sensation, like things were starting to transform, but I changed my mind and decided to let the dream continue. Definitely very interesting.

I've been trying to remember and recall at least one dream every night, big or small. Last night, I nailed a total of three dreams, all very uniquely different. Only in the third one did I realize I was dreaming, but still, it seems like a good start. Regardless, it's been pretty interesting so far, so I'll definitely keep going with it. Rereading past dreams I completely forgot about only days ago is actually kind of funny anyway.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
I've had lucid-ish dreams before. I've heard a tip where if you pinch your nose and can breathe through it, it's a dream. I realize it's a dream by doing so, but remember it in vague pieces. Except nightmares. I remember those vividly.

I do notice, however, that I can detect when something frightening is happening, and make something different happen. That's lucky, because my nightmares are horrific abominations of terror, so we want to avoid that, right?

I think I'll try the dream journal, just to get some more appealing results where I can actually control and remember my dream.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
i don't know why i didn't post this sooner but the other day i was taking an afternoon nap and kept waking up due to becoming aware i was lucid dreaming. By my count I had seven consecutive lucid dreams. That's just all kinds of freaky

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I HATE IT when I have lucid dreams. It scares the heck out of me to know that the situation around me isn't real, I try to escape, and wake up in a sweat D:

Trying to make them happen? No thanks.
Am I the only one who feels like this?

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
Sometimes I can somtimes I can't. Once i was falling in my dream, and im like, "geez this is boring...oh wait im dreaming....i wonder if i can do what i want..." and i made myself land...finally! But seriously, if i dont like whats going on in my dream and im aware that im dreaming, i just wake up.....but then sometimes O cant so i just manipulate my dreams to go my way!!!! Yay!!!

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Old hag feel terrible. I had a dream once but when i tried waking up or moving I couldn't. talk about being freaked out. my brother had it before too but he said he heard an old lady cackling. thank god I never had that, i'd be tripping balls ;)

I've heard about this before... I think it's kind of weird that a lot of people have the same sort of dream about an old hag. Makes you wonder.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I think I have had them at times. Just the other day actually, but I am not entirely sure. I mean I think I was a little awake, but I was still in my dream, I just kept it going until I woke up fully.

It's hard to explain really, but it was just a dream, and I guess I sort of woke up but my eyes were still closed (I have woken up without opening my eyes, most of the time I can tell that it's daytime or middle of the night) and then my mind kept the dream going. Since I always have like storylines for my story going inside my head I guess it's possible I can also lucid dream at time.

Pretty much this, but last night I had an actual lucid dream. It was pretty great.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I HATE IT when I have lucid dreams. It scares the heck out of me to know that the situation around me isn't real, I try to escape, and wake up in a sweat D:

Trying to make them happen? No thanks.
Am I the only one who feels like this?

So you're scared of your own imagination? Must suck being you.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Of course it's possible. I've done it many times. Never really actively tried to do it, though. I consistently do it when I have my re-occuring computer crashing dreams because i've had them so many times that I've learned to tell when it's a dream. My mom told me that the next time it happen I should fix the computer or something, but.. Once I realize it's a dream, I don't really have a desire to fix it because it's not "real". xD

Er, how is this a "debate"? o.0

Anyway, I should try to do something interesting the next time I have a lucid dream... I always end up wasting it by just being like "Oh, it's a dream.. So I'm gonna wake up soon bye xD". It's odd that I'm not more interested in controlling my dreams, considering that I can lucid dream relatively easily compared to most, and I do believe that dreams are important. Haha, I think I have plans tonight.. xD

Last edited:

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I might try to induce one but I'm not too sure how it will work. I don't normally get any dreams anyway and if I do they're normally the lamest dreams ever. For example getting up and brushing my teeth.... at least I can say my dreams come true! lol
Although I'm not much of a believer in being able to induce lucid dreams, I do believe that they exist seeing as I know quite a few people who have had them. It must be an amazing drea that you wouldn't want to end!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Sometimes I have dreams that I can remember vividly, but they come at random intervals and I can never control them. And with my school schedule, I don't think I'll be able to adhere to the procedures for lucid dreaming. I have to admit, controlling my dreams would be neat, but I'm perfectly content with the way it is now. A lot of inspiration for my fics and other stuff like that comes from my dreams.

SilentMemento

Lone Wolf
Normally, I just let the dream take me where it wants me to go. I don't ever remember those types of dreams.

When I have complete control in my dream, I know that it'll turn into a nightmare. I can choose all of my actions, think in a clear manner, and I have complete awareness of my surroundings, but no matter what I do to change the outcome, the nightmare will always end up the same way.

Is that considered lucid dreaming or does the dream have to be peaceful?