• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lucid Dreaming

Giwtem

Zigzagoon Lover
I've only had a couple of dreams where I've had limited, temporary control of what's happening but I've had quite a few where I've known it was a dream. For example, I was in a shop and thought "This is a dream so I can't feel pain!" Then a black girl in a wheelchair bit my arm and stole a twenty poun note off me. It hurt :(

Priceless

**** this, i'm out
Eh, I've heard of it, but I've never had a proper lucid dream.

I've had dreams where I partially wake up, and then I realise I'm dreaming but instead of fully waking up I keep the dream going. Unfortunately, whenever that happens I can't control it as I've already got some sort of storyline lodged in my brain.

However, there was one incident where I set my school alarm as the song "Until the Day I Die" by Story of the Year, and then I dreamt I was performing in a rock band (not the one I'm trying to reform - a compeltely unrelated one) and we were about to do a gig, and then I (as the lead singer that I am) announced that the next song is called Until the Day I Die. So then my guitarist performs the lead part and I kinda hear it in both the dream world and the real world and I wake up to find it's my alarm. Awesome, right?

But hoenstly, this lucid sh!t sounds amazing - can someone sum up in short how I can train myself to do it?

Dear Insanity

above average
But hoenstly, this lucid sh!t sounds amazing - can someone sum up in short how I can train myself to do it?

Keeping a dream journal, so you can get better at recalling your dreams helps.
You could also do reality checks throughout the day, and keep asking yourself if you're dreaming or not. If you do it enough it should automatically happen in your dreams as well. When you are actually dreaming, a way to test if it's a dream is by looking at a clock, looking away and then looking back. If the time the first time you looked at it is wildly different from the second time, then it's safe to say you're probably dreaming. Then bam, you're lucid dreaming.

It's obviously more difficult than I made it out to be, but if you're persistant it should work out eventually.

Priceless

**** this, i'm out
Keeping a dream journal, so you can get better at recalling your dreams helps.
You could also do reality checks throughout the day, and keep asking yourself if you're dreaming or not. If you do it enough it should automatically happen in your dreams as well. When you are actually dreaming, a way to test if it's a dream is by looking at a clock, looking away and then looking back. If the time the first time you looked at it is wildly different from the second time, then it's safe to say you're probably dreaming. Then bam, you're lucid dreaming.

It's obviously more difficult than I made it out to be, but if you're persistant it should work out eventually.

That does sound pretty difficult, I'll be honest...
It doesn't really work with havign school as well, it always gets in the way and I don't have time to have breakfast let alone record all my wild dreams XD

I'd like to attempt lucid dreaming sometime; problem is I don't (or at least I don't think I do) dream anymore.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Wow.. this threads still alive? o_O'

OT: I've been dreamin' more lately. Not necesarily lucid but close enough :)